**** HMFC Podcast discussion thread ****

Sooks

Thought this was a decent idea ? Please merge elsewhere if there is a better place to do this

Listening to SATF tonight . Totally agree with @Amoruso Lets it Run .... I think it is now in the when not if arena . Seems a great guy but Jesus , why did we appoint a rookie manager this season 

Donkey also bang on the cash . I feel like we are just wasting time and need to make the move and salvage this season 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skippy Doodle

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• copa-mundial

Scott has always kept his cool, however this week he let his feelings go. You could hear the angst in his voice when he was airing his thoughts and opinions. 

Scott has been a breath of fresh air on SATF. 

Anyone who has also watched This Is My Story (youtube) hasn't dropped on the podcasts yet. 

Again this is another good listen this week. 

Corbett really hits home with his speeches. Especially when he goes on about the impedning AGM. 

Broken Hearts - Again a good listen this week. Most views being similar. Talking points being the same as the other pods. 

Perth to Paisley - Just dropped today. Will listen to it in the coming hours. 

Again these two young lads give a good account of themselves. Another I enjoy listening to. 

2 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Not listened to this week’s yet but SATF is a great podcast 👍🏻

It is . I disagree with them on and off as the weeks progress but is that not what discussion is all about

Certainly on the same page as they are this week 

The lads on the show this week are summing up the wider unrest that's bristling amongst the support. Scott is spot on when he says there's no credit in the bank with Naismith given what's unfolded earlier in the season. 

These boys aren't moon howlers. They're reasoned types and they're showing signs of their patience wearing thin. 

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Thought this was a decent idea ? Please merge elsewhere if there is a better place to do this

Listening to SATF tonight . Totally agree with @Amoruso Lets it Run .... I think it is now in the when not if arena . Seems a great guy but Jesus , why did we appoint a rookie manager this season 

Donkey also bang on the cash . I feel like we are just wasting time and need to make the move and salvage this season 

Haha best to tag me mate. Don’t want anyone else to be associated wrongly with depressing monologues

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've stopped listening to This Is My Story but I do enjoy Scarves Around The Funnel. However, it is much better when Gowser appears on it.

41 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Haha best to tag me mate. Don’t want anyone else to be associated wrongly with depressing monologues

Never had an issue with you Scott . I enjoy listening to your well thought out opinions , same as the other three Jambos

Have felt a bit of a ***** in recent weeks by tagging you when I have disagreed , so good to do it in a positive manner as well 😄

I listen to them all and they all have their own particular strengths. Very common thread this week about current dissatisfaction,worry and anger. All well presented,albeit in different styles,but all from the heart.

I'd add the "Hearts standard" pod to the list 

Skippy Doodle
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Never had an issue with you Scott . I enjoy listening to your well thought out opinions , same as the other three Jambos

Have felt a bit of a ***** in recent weeks by tagging you when I have disagreed , so good to do it in a positive manner as well 😄

I just meant tag me as skippy doodle 

I don’t know has the Amoruso rage on here 👍

always appreciate the feedback

41 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I just meant tag me as skippy doodle 

I don’t know has the Amoruso rage on here 👍

always appreciate the feedback

Fair enough mate . Sorry 

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've stopped listening to This Is My Story but I do enjoy Scarves Around The Funnel. However, it is much better when Gowser appears on it.

How dare he be on a podcast talking about his support of another team while employed. Oh wait, it's OK for him. 😂 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

How dare he be on a podcast talking about his support of another team while employed. Oh wait, it's OK for him. 😂 

Indeed. But then I don't get bent out of shape about Halliday.

Skippy Doodle
5 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Scott has always kept his cool, however this week he let his feelings go. You could hear the angst in his voice when he was airing his thoughts and opinions. 

Scott has been a breath of fresh air on SATF. 

Anyone who has also watched This Is My Story (youtube) hasn't dropped on the podcasts yet. 

Again this is another good listen this week. 

Corbett really hits home with his speeches. Especially when he goes on about the impedning AGM. 

Broken Hearts - Again a good listen this week. Most views being similar. Talking points being the same as the other pods. 

Perth to Paisley - Just dropped today. Will listen to it in the coming hours. 

Again these two young lads give a good account of themselves. Another I enjoy listening to. 

I binge watched midnight mass over the weekend so I had a mindset that everything was futile haha

10 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I binge watched midnight mass over the weekend so I had a mindset that everything was futile haha

Haha. Not buying that Scott 😁 

My reactions were that of Donkey. Hearing you swear for the first time said it it all. 

I completely agreed with your summarisation of the talking point in hand. 

We are all just as frustrated. As you said. If we can see it in the stands. How can the one or one's incharge not see the same game. 

Hopefully Laurie and Mark keep you on the podcast for the remainder of the season mate. 

Love listening to SATF while I'm at the gym and will give this weeks one a listen today. Always like Laurie from Hearts TV commentary and he's good on the podcast. Having listened to other teams commentary on their channels, the Hearts TV one is probably the most unbiased out the lot. I watched the game on Aberdeen's channel for a bit at the weekend and it was dreadful with Rob McLean. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Love listening to SATF while I'm at the gym and will give this weeks one a listen today. Always like Laurie from Hearts TV commentary and he's good on the podcast. Having listened to other teams commentary on their channels, the Hearts TV one is probably the most unbiased out the lot. I watched the game on Aberdeen's channel for a bit at the weekend and it was dreadful with Rob McLean. 

Watched the Celtic one on a Fawanews stream when we played them ………….. the absolute worst you will ever hear . Basically Tommy Boyd whining and greetin about conspiracies for 90 minutes . What a contrast to Hearts TV . That squeaky voiced Tom something or other from Rangers TV is a tragic wee guy as well

HillmanHearts

SATF is a really decent podcast.

It was quite depressing this week and that’s not a criticism - that just reflects the reality of where we are.

Hearing Scott so frustrated was pretty tangible. 
And his views on the “we were bullied “ comment from SN at the w/e was really interesting.

Scott basically siting tactical ineptitude by our coaching team as the issue and not the players being out fought.

I have to admit that my first comments to my mates on whattsappp after the final whistle was along the lines of “ what a bunch of pussies”.

I think I still stand by that, but I can also see Scott’s argument , about the need to adjust our midfield shape in the 2nd half  to compete better for the 2nd balls that we never won, as being pretty fundamental.

Anyhoo ! just an example of a measured and considered view point that the podcast can provide.

Delivered by guys who obviously care as much as the rest of us.

I think we all agree that the StMirren and Hibs games coming up will be pivotal!

I actually quite enjoy @This is My Story Podcast too. The last episode was decent, and I like that they have called out Halliday for his Rangers cheerleading stuff in recent times too . There is a difference in approach to the two podcasts but I enjoy them both usually

I also appreciate that I think both pods realise it is the management and coaching that is the issue and do not just go after the players for playing how they have been told to 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I actually quite enjoy @This is My Story Podcast too. The last episode was decent, and I like that they have called out Halliday for his Rangers cheerleading stuff in recent times too . There is a difference in approach to the two podcasts but I enjoy them both usually

I also appreciate that I think both pods realise it is the management and coaching that is the issue and do not just go after the players for playing how they have been told to 

May or may not be.  We've got a rookie coach, so could well be that.  Rest of coaching staff were all there under Neilson as well, so not a lot has changed on that front?  Equally, many of the players have been here a while and been consistantly pish, so could just as easily be them.

Thats one of the issues with a rookie manager IMO, hard to know for sure what is the cause when things go wrong.

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

May or may not be.  We've got a rookie coach, so could well be that.  Rest of coaching staff were all there under Neilson as well, so not a lot has changed on that front?  Equally, many of the players have been here a while and been consistantly pish, so could just as easily be them.

Thats one of the issues with a rookie manager IMO, hard to know for sure what is the cause when things go wrong.

It is the players who have been here a while and now do not look as good that gives it away for me

Just now, Sooks said:

It is the players who have been here a while and now do not look as good that gives it away for me

Id argue Kingsley, Rowles, Atkinson all looking better this year than last.

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Id argue Kingsley, Rowles, Atkinson all looking better this year than last.

Kingsley seems to have gone through some bad personal stuff which I think explains last season for him . I agree that Atkinson and Rowles have been better though , so fair play there 

Just now, Sooks said:

Kingsley seems to have gone through some bad personal stuff which I think explains last season for him . I agree that Atkinson and Rowles have been better though , so fair play there 

agreed

2 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Loads of great Hearts content around just now. 

There is tbh . I like that it can all be linked together to discuss as well 

6 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Loads of great Hearts content around just now. 

Except after this week's This is My Story,I was reaching for a sharp blade😕.

Still, love your work😁😁

This is My Story Podcast
Just now, Gorgierools said:

Except after this week's This is My Story,I was reaching for a sharp blade😕.

Still, love your work😁😁

😂😂😂 so was I 

This is My Story Podcast
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There is tbh . I like that it can all be linked together to discuss as well 

I like that you get loads of different types. We aren’t media types and don’t want careers in the media. So we can be more tears and snotters, more like the crap you’d hear down the pub. Laurie and the guys at Scarfs have to be more balanced. I like that about them. Something for everyone. 

8 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I like that you get loads of different types. We aren’t media types and don’t want careers in the media. So we can be more tears and snotters, more like the crap you’d hear down the pub. Laurie and the guys at Scarfs have to be more balanced. I like that about them. Something for everyone. 

Agreed 

Skippy Doodle

Thanks for all the feedback on here. It’s always good to know if you have your finger on the pulse or not when it comes to observing the team and current events 

I like that there are 6 weekly podcasts out there who all have something different to offer

i have a soft spot for the Perth to Paisley show as it has a good balance of optimism and pessimism with Daniel and Adam bouncing off each well. Running a podcast on just two individuals is a tough ask but it’s always an engaging watch/listen. 

Echo the sentiments on here re SATF and Scott's introduction to the show. It is a good balance between the guests and although it was a negative episode this week, it certainly sums up the mood around the support. One question I have for @Skippy Doodle that has not really been addressed much on the show, is do you think the standard of the league is getting worse or better season upon season? I think one challenge you have these days is the majority of clubs are all relatively well coached with a lot of attention to detail, and it's now more difficult than ever to possibly break teams down. I am not using that as an excuse for Naismith btw, but does seem to be getting more and more challenging to win in style in this league. 

Skippy Doodle
56 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Echo the sentiments on here re SATF and Scott's introduction to the show. It is a good balance between the guests and although it was a negative episode this week, it certainly sums up the mood around the support. One question I have for @Skippy Doodle that has not really been addressed much on the show, is do you think the standard of the league is getting worse or better season upon season? I think one challenge you have these days is the majority of clubs are all relatively well coached with a lot of attention to detail, and it's now more difficult than ever to possibly break teams down. I am not using that as an excuse for Naismith btw, but does seem to be getting more and more challenging to win in style in this league. 

I think there is an element of both things happening at the same time

a lot of the teams with less resources than us are squeezing the most out of their tools

the likes of Derek adams, Craig Levein, Martindale mcinnes and Robinson are maybe not sexy appointments but they are all good managers at this level 

you then have us, Hibs and Aberdeen who imo have with good intentions but naively chased trends in terms of our player and coach recruitment over the past few seasons 

Hibs tbf look to have bucked that trend with Montgomery and admitting failure in the Ian Gordon recruitment committee but we seem to be doubling down at the moment

I think Naismith has the potential to be a decent manager in time but this was not the right move for him or us

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Feel free to email the pod if you think there are some issues we should be covering

I thought Corbett was on fire in this week's TIMS. Found it very hard to disagree with anything he said about the upcoming AGM. Serious question did, and still do, need asked. 

I also like that he put himself out there and brought up the subject of the women's team. A lot of people just won't go there. But I would also like to know how much of our staffing costs are being funneled in the direction of the women's team and what effect that has on the budget for the first team. If it is negligible then Hearts having a women's team is fine. If it is using up a significant amount of cash that could improve the first team then it is something I personally would not be happy about. The first team comes first and should ALWAYS come first. 

That is just one of many issues. Most of which were well covered on the pod. 👏

Edited by No Idle Talk

Scott has been a good addition on SATF too. Laurie obviously has to choose his words carefully given he is employed by Hearts TV. Mark Donaldson, I respect his credentials as a Jambo, but he comes across as a bit unwilling to criticise too much, even when it's deserved. Scott is that voice. Not negative in his opinions, just willing to call out rubbish when he sees it. I like that. 

54 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I thought Corbett was on fire in this week's TIMS. Found it very hard to disagree with anything he said about the upcoming AGM. Serious question did, and still do, need asked. 

I also like that he put himself out there and brought up the subject of the women's team. A lot of people just won't go there. But I would also like to know how much of our staffing costs are being funneled in the direction of the women's team and what effect that has on the budget for the first team. If it is negligible then Hearts having a women's team is fine. If it is using up a significant amount of cash that could improve the first team then it is something I personally would not be happy about. The first team comes first and should ALWAYS come first. 

That is just one of many issues. Most of which were well covered on the pod. 👏

From reading this :

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/andrew-mckinlay-reveals-hearts-contract-with-james-anderson-new-sponsor-and-views-on-playing-style-4446388

I think it is obvious that having things like a womens team , community projects and good business practices attracts investment that we would not benefit from otherwise . As in we only get such generous sums because of this approach . Would be a bit crazy if we got rid and it meant less money was put in 

Skippy Doodle
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

From reading this :

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/andrew-mckinlay-reveals-hearts-contract-with-james-anderson-new-sponsor-and-views-on-playing-style-4446388

I think it is obvious that having things like a womens team , community projects and good business practices attracts investment that we would not benefit from otherwise . As in we only get such generous sums because of this approach . Would be a bit crazy if we got rid and it meant less money was put in 

Would agree with this

it is possible that we are to a degree speculating to accumulate at the moment but there is a bit of catching up

to do on a few teams and our progress has been significant in a short period of time

i don’t think we should let the woman’s team, hotel etc distract us from the two biggest concerns for me imo which is the manager and the long term aspirations of the FOH

4 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Would agree with this

it is possible that we are to a degree speculating to accumulate at the moment but there is a bit of catching up

to do on a few teams and our progress has been significant in a short period of time

i don’t think we should let the woman’s team, hotel etc distract us from the two biggest concerns for me imo which is the manager and the long term aspirations of the FOH

Could not agree more . I would love to be able to not be distracted by these things but the constant willful ignorance from some who like to make out these things are counterproductive make it hard to . Anyone with the ability to think a bit deeper and read statements or listen to interviews is already quite clear on this stuff . Then there are those whos only agenda is to get rid of the board because they do not like modern life and progressive inclusive ideas . Does not matter how many times these things are cleared up , they scuttle back with the same old shit

The manager situation I am almost bored of even talking about now . I am still really irritated that they appointed a rookie manager . Just have to get on with it though I suppose , because it does not look like they are overly disappointed with our performance on the pitch

FOH stuff I am quite relaxed about . I think we are in a really strong position 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

From reading this :

That's fair enough. It would be good if the club would flesh it out with some ballpark numbers or increased detail though. Put people's minds at ease. 

I have no ideological objection to Hearts doing things like having a women's team, I just want to feel reassured that it isn't sapping resources away from the first team, which ultimately is the only thing I truly care about. If the women's team were to win the league but the first team were sitting sixth in the league it wouldn't mean a hill of beans to me if I am being honest. 

Anyway, that is just one of many issues as I said previously so I'm not going to bang on about it too much. 

9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

That's fair enough. It would be good if the club would flesh it out with some ballpark numbers or increased detail though. Put people's minds at ease. 

I have no ideological objection to Hearts doing things like having a women's team, I just want to feel reassured that it isn't sapping resources away from the first team, which ultimately is the only thing I truly care about. If the women's team were to win the league but the first team were sitting sixth in the league it wouldn't mean a hill of beans to me if I am being honest. 

Anyway, that is just one of many issues as I said previously so I'm not going to bang on about it too much. 

Apologies also if you thought I was being condescending afterwards when speaking to the other poster , I did not mean you . You are clearly not the sort of person I was talking about . I meant the type that go on about farting and knitting ect 

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Apologies also if you thought I was being condescending afterwards when speaking to the other poster , I did not mean you . You are clearly not the sort of person I was talking about . I meant the type that go on about farting and knitting ect 

Haha no worries 👍

35 minutes ago, Homme said:

I've never listened to a podcast in my life :lol:

Was never really my thing until quite recently either . I find podcasts good for running in the gym though . Takes your concentration away better than music . Now I still listen even though I have not been to the gym in too long :lol: 

I love Scott’s input on SATF. He’s superb and talks so much sense.

the other podcast I enjoy is broken hearts. Jarvies humour is brilliant and it’s such a good listen. A great group on that one.

Edited by 1971fozzy

26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I love Scott’s input on SATF. He’s superb and talks so much sense.

the other podcast I enjoy is broken hearts. Jarvies humour is brilliant and it’s such a good listen. A great group on that one.

Yep,shame they haven't been on too much recently. Though the latest one does explain why.

This is My Story Podcast

@Skippy Doodle you are bang on. The two major concerns for everyone right now should be the manager, it’s all got very petty by the looks of it. Naismith clearly not happy at Budge and Co saying they aren’t happy with the style. And the other worry is the long term aspirations of the FoH. I am meeting the FoH next week so hopefully have some stuff I can feedback on here. 

I do agree with @No Idle Talk on getting some actual detail around how Anderson’s money is spent. Am not sure I like the idea of us just casually writing off the sums of money he invests. I’d like to know its value and how it’s being used.