**** HMFC Podcast discussion thread ****

Sooks

I don't think Naismith could rock up at Kilmarnock or St Mirren and do as good a job as McInnes or Robinson.

But I also don't think they could hire Joe Savage and have recruitment good enough to do what they're doing currently.

Savage is just as much a problem as our coaching, IMO.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skippy Doodle

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• copa-mundial

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

@Skippy Doodle you are bang on. The two major concerns for everyone right now should be the manager, it’s all got very petty by the looks of it. Naismith clearly not happy at Budge and Co saying they aren’t happy with the style. And the other worry is the long term aspirations of the FoH. I am meeting the FoH next week so hopefully have some stuff I can feedback on here. 

I do agree with @No Idle Talk on getting some actual detail around how Anderson’s money is spent. Am not sure I like the idea of us just casually writing off the sums of money he invests. I’d like to know its value and how it’s being used. 

Yeah I try not to get too critical of the FOH as they are full of decent people giving up their free time but I would have expected us to have full time employees working for them by this stage and their target of nearly doubling pledgers in a years time is a wild target 

I have also naively it would seem believed that Anderson was a philanthropist who was donating money to the club. He does seem to have a level of influence in decisions being made on and off the park

if he wants to play football owner then be transparent about it

4 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Yeah I try not to get too critical of the FOH as they are full of decent people giving up their free time but I would have expected us to have full time employees working for them by this stage and their target of nearly doubling pledgers in a years time is a wild target 

I have also naively it would seem believed that Anderson was a philanthropist who was donating money to the club. He does seem to have a level of influence in decisions being made on and off the park

if he wants to play football owner then be transparent about it

As a director he should, and will, have influence. 

Skippy Doodle
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As a director he should, and will, have influence. 

And that’s fine if presented that way but I think the narrative provided has been that of a hands off benefactor

Just now, Skippy Doodle said:

And that’s fine if presented that way but I think the narrative provided has been that of a hands off benefactor

Once he was appointed a director ( 2021?) he would be breaching his fiduciary duties if he was hands off. 

Skippy Doodle
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Once he was appointed a director ( 2021?) he would be breaching his fiduciary duties if he was hands off. 

I’m talking about presentation and narrative Bud

im not disagreeing with the specifics of the role 👍

As I’ve said it was potentially naive of me

8 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I’m talking about presentation and narrative Bud

im not disagreeing with the specifics of the role 👍

As I’ve said it was potentially naive of me

Someone should try and get an interview with him. It would be very interesting imo. 

Chuffed to bits for Naismith today after the abuse he took on some of these podcasts last week, particularly Perth to Paisley where some of the personal stuff was shocking from Hearts fans. Hopefully they can get behind the manager and team going forward.

Skippy Doodle

I can confirm that our our this week will just be the four of us laughing for an hour about our result and the score in Perth

we will try and fit a Xmas quiz in there along with taking the time to rightly praise the team and manager for today

Both TIMS and SATF were a good listen today I thought . Cant really go wrong with ripping the piss out of the entitled hooped wanks though :lol: 

On 13/12/2023 at 19:55, Skippy Doodle said:

I just meant tag me as skippy doodle 

I don’t know has the Amoruso rage on here 👍

always appreciate the feedback

🤣🤣🤣

Hope you are keeping well lad ❤️🇱🇻🤘🏻

1 minute ago, TallPaul said:

Can't find a decent hearts podcast SATF is crap. Sacked in the Morning a decent listen but I get that isn't hearts 

All about opinions I guess. I enjoy them all.

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, TallPaul said:

Can't find a decent hearts podcast SATF is crap. Sacked in the Morning a decent listen but I get that isn't hearts 

Is there anything particular we could improve or work on?

52 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Judging by his previous posts a section bashing the SNP

54 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Russian hooker's and free beer. Or, failing that,I understand that logistics,morals and budget could  present issues for those, another Robbo interview or maybe Ryan Stephenson. He usually has a lot to say.

Ford Prentice
5 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Each to his own. Listened to a couple of sacked in the morning and found them tiresome.

Loads of good stuff out there. I like SATF, Broken Hearts and This is my Story. Joel Sked's new Hearts Standard is shaping up. All very different but all worthwhile. Terrace Podcast (and patreon stuff) best of non Hearts as awash with Jambos.

Enjoyed SATF today . Hopefully Im not the reason you are a bit dicked off with social media @Skippy Doodle? 😕

Thought it was a really good pod. 

Only thing was Donkey saying he can understand how Munro cheating us was not insanely unbelievable…… there is not a replay that shows anything other than Forrest being taken down :( 

Skippy Doodle
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Enjoyed SATF today . Hopefully Im not the reason you are a bit dicked off with social media @Skippy Doodle? 😕

Thought it was a really good pod. 

Only thing was Donkey saying he can understand how Munro cheating us was not insanely unbelievable…… there is not a replay that shows anything other than Forrest being taken down :( 

Haha not at all mate. Tbh it was a terrible attempt at humour. I’ve only ever blocked a handful of people down the years

cant temember Mark saying but I do recall him giving ref a pass for missing it in real time. 

we should be recording tomorrow and doing a squad assessment special 

1971fozzy

SATF and Broken Hearts both superb episodes , listened to them this morning whilst driving.

Enjoyed the latest This is my Story pod as well , but it was a little bit too long after the derby result and had to cover a fair few games . Always good to get these on the speaker quite soon after results like that as they add a nice soundtrack to the gloating and celebrating 

Shame these guys have the audacity to have personal lives . Not really good enough :lol: 

Thunder and Lightning

Just a quick note to the This is My Story guys.

At the end of a recent podcast you highlighted that people struggling with life in general should feel free to get in touch.  I just wanted to say that was a classy thing to do.  Men all to often keep things bottled up and it leads to dark places.  Well done on reaching out an making the offer.

Can we discuss “ The Hearts Review “ ?

Where are they ? They spunked out regular pods when we were not doing well , and just about managed a couple when we were on our third game of our four in a row ……….

**** all since then . Can anyone actually confirm that “ Matty “ “ Gordon Snr “ and “ Jamie “ are actually Hearts supporters ? Honest question 

Biggest like of shite in the Hearts podcast sphere 

IMO

Edited by Sooks

I particularly liked when that wee daft boy said that Shanks sees his future elsewhere , and said that he carried us for two seasons . Wanting Lowry on a permanent deal ………… :rofl: 

This is an utterly ganting podcast , and the fact they can not even bother to cast when things are going well , that says it all

Are “ Spencer “ “ Jamie “ ( definitely posts on here ) , “ Something JR “ and all the rest of these seriously stupid contributors still kicking around ? Or are they waiting until our first defeat since their November podcast :rofl: 

Are any of the Hearts Review going to post on here ? Would love to hear their views going forwards :rofl: 

Skippy Doodle
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are any of the Hearts Review going to post on here ? Would love to hear their views going forwards :rofl: 

Maybe give them a chance chief

not everyone has this site on their daily viewing list 😀

Dont forget - this time last year we were third but knew what was going to happen due to winning games when only deserving draws at best - we knew that luck turns sooner or later and we hadn't been playing that well though getting results. Question - Is that the same as this term, or are we being positive that with the decent squad we have then the games in which we really play to our optimum are just around the corner and we can improve (we still need to !) ? 

1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Maybe give them a chance chief

not everyone has this site on their daily viewing list 😀

It has been weeks ( months ) though , tbf …………… they are normally really quick off the mark when things are a bit shite . Not casted since we were beaten by the codheids , on Spotify anyway 

Clear few
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

This 💯%
I don’t know them and haven’t listen to the latest episode but their previous attempts were surely a hilariously sad attempt to sow dissent in their (i’d think 10’s) of listeners 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

copa-mundial

Just been notified of Hearts Standard dropping another podcast. "Mid season awards." Will give this a listen shortly. 

All podcasts have been excellent and honest recently. Keep up the good work with them. 

Got a great laugh with the guys on broken Hearts this week. Jarvie was on top form! 

13 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Just been notified of Hearts Standard dropping another podcast. "Mid season awards." Will give this a listen shortly. 

All podcasts have been excellent and honest recently. Keep up the good work with them. 

Got a great laugh with the guys on broken Hearts this week. Jarvie was on top form! 

Hearts Standard has been excellent so far . Not something I would normally pay for , but it has been value for money to date 

Skippy Doodle
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

It has been weeks ( months ) though , tbf …………… they are normally really quick off the mark when things are a bit shite . Not casted since we were beaten by the codheids , on Spotify anyway 

Sorry was meaning give them a chance to respond haha

Skippy Doodle

Just recorded our squad assessment special tonight so should be available tomorrow at some stage. Will be interesting to see what others agree or disagree with 😀

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Four posts in a row without reply about a podcast you don’t like, bit weird. if it was me I just wouldn’t listen but each to their own.

Love the Hearts Review, a bit negative and a moany bunch but can confirm all PHM. Average of 500 listeners across all platforms which isn’t bad for a Hearts podcast, where the market is already saturated.

Like some others also, scarves around the funnel is a decent listen but it feels like club approved propaganda. This was particularly   bad during Neilson’s second spell when it sounded like a radio broadcast straight out of the USSR. 

colinzeal
4 minutes ago, main said:

Love the Hearts Review, a bit negative and a moany bunch but can confirm all PHM. Average of 500 listeners across all platforms which isn’t bad for a Hearts podcast, where the market is already saturated.

Like some others also, scarves around the funnel is a decent listen but it feels like club approved propaganda. This was particularly   bad during Neilson’s second spell when it sounded like a radio broadcast straight out of the USSR. 

I always just felt Mark was clouded by his friendship with Robbie.

It’s a great pod all the same, and as others have mentioned, Scott has been a great addition. 

1971fozzy

Perth to Paisley podcast is as negative as you can get. Their predictions for scores are comedy gold. Rarely ever predict a hearts win. I don’t think they actually go to many games tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️

51 minutes ago, cl1874 said:

Four posts in a row without reply about a podcast you don’t like, bit weird. if it was me I just wouldn’t listen but each to their own.

A fair point . The reason I posted it in this thread tbf . Not worth it’s own 

This is My Story Podcast

It’s a tough gig trying not to be negative, especially when you record in the aftermath of bad results or performances. Same with trying not to get too carried away after good spells. We as a podcast are guilty of both, frequently haha. 

There are loads of great options out there for Hearts fans in this space. Happy clappers, moaners, bed wetters, middle of the roaders. 

Hearts Standard have been a good addition to the space. 

45 minutes ago, main said:

:rofl: 

🦒 

This is My Story Podcast
39 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

I always just felt Mark was clouded by his friendship with Robbie.

It’s a great pod all the same, and as others have mentioned, Scott has been a great addition. 

It’s tough for both Laurie and Mark. One works for the club and the other is connected to the club via professional and personal relationships. I think both do a good job at balancing things out.