Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

Finlay James

I can’t believe they voted this through, death warrant signed.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fitzroy Pointon

Its quite sweet how excited they're all getting over this. 

5 minutes ago, Busby nets the rebound said:

Something I've not seen anyone mention. This house of straw will crumble when the mighty AFC Bournemouth get themselves relegated.  It's not if but when, not exactly an establishment side.  Getting straight back up from the Championship, not so easy .   

First things first papped out the cup tonight by Leicester🤣🤣🤣

DesertDawg
11 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Hibs fans lapping it up when it's a business model that helps multiple club owners alleviate some financial fair play rules.

Can you explain how that works?

FarmerTweedy
12 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Bournemouth are the money. That league is swimming in cash and that's where you make a profit. It's the Rolls Royce of football income.

Hibournian.....well they're just the 3rd car you bought for your teenage laddie. A wee hatchback to run around in.

I'm VERY confident in 10 years time.....there will be little to no difference in that club. Even if all £6 million was invested in players there isnt the cashflow to sustain wages for players of that value. ****ing fantasy land to those Hibs fans lapping it up when it's a business model that helps multiple club owners alleviate some financial fair play rules.

FTFY!  

FarmerTweedy
15 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Bournemouth are the money. That league is swimming in cash and that's where you make a profit. It's the Rolls Royce of football income.

Hibournian.....well they're just the 2nd car you bought for your wife. A wee hatchback to run around in.

I'm VERY confident in 10 years time.....there will be little to no difference in that club. Even if all £6 million was invested in players there isnt the cashflow to sustain wages for players of that value. ****ing fantasy land to those Hibs fans lapping it up when it's a business model that helps multiple club owners alleviate some financial fair play rules.

More seriously, they made an operating loss of nearly £7m last season, which was reduced to an overall loss of well over £3m by player sales. Their operating income this season will be up a fair bit thanks to three European qualifying rounds, but transfer income will be well down, so a 7 figure overall loss is again highly likely.  Next season, transfer income is likely to be even lower, and they probably won't have any European involvement. The part of the Foley money earmarked for the 1st team will last even less time than the SMG money did for us about quarter of a century ago! 

GlasgoJambo

It’s a decent bit of investment which could see Hibs challenge for the top 6 over the next few years. 

:look:

1 minute ago, GlasgoJambo said:

It’s a decent bit of investment which could see Hibs challenge for the top 6 over the next few years. 

:look:

Ambitious target 😁

They are now slagging us for the SMG money I am not sure if it’s an undercover that has started that chat. This is a similar situation on a smaller scale. 

All I have heard is blusto from Kensell nothing concrete on transfers v infrastructure breakdown. 

Sounds like to me they will they will get about 2 mill to spend on players. Those players will come with big salaries this along with Boyle, Youan, Levitt all on big salaries does all sound rather late mad Vlad stuff.

25% also has seen 2 new “independent” board members join. 

Things will get interesting if Bournemouth go down 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

They live in a fantasy world. 

Interesting that it’s not loans and it’s capital calls from the foley group. I thought it was free money. Got to wonder if the Gordon’s take these up what are the default clauses are. 

I know FOR A FACT! We were not keen to sell! We were approached. They were told to **** off in a nutshell!

can’t wait for them to hit earth like the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs :rofl: 

Edited by D4nny_

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, merrymac said:

First things first papped out the cup tonight by Leicester🤣🤣🤣

Hibsedit 😂🤣

Ricardo Quaresma

They just got injected with a parasite

Can't wait for the view from the river bank as they float by

Arthur Morgan

One of them said,

"It might end in disaster who knows. I'll enjoy it for now."

😬

So acknowledging it could go wrong but nevermind, I'll enjoy it until it does go tits up 😂

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Jambo-Fox
3 hours ago, PHSCAndy said:

They’re apparently now questioning where they will be in Foley’s pyramid with some suggesting that based on attendance (Bournemouth total capacity 11,300) that they may or someday will be at the top.

Foley was quoted as saying he’d be in Edinburgh in March to watch them.  
I wonder iif he’s down in Bournemouth just now taking in their FA cup game against Leicester and will therefore be in attendance tomorrow. 
If he is hopefully we’ll give him a result that he’ll have nightmares about. 

Bournemouth & Hibs are well matched!

I was at the match tonight and couldn’t believe how poor the 🍒 were 🦊 😃 

Rick Sanchez

“We believe this partnership, with our commitment to invest in player development and infrastructure, can help BKFC and Hibernian FC reach new levels of success and help Scottish football continue to grow.”

Player development and infrastructure...so a few loan players and some extra cones and bibs? They may get a few decent loan players but they'll never see them permanently or any of the money they make.

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

“We believe this partnership, with our commitment to invest in player development and infrastructure, can help BKFC and Hibernian FC reach new levels of success and help Scottish football continue to grow.”

Player development and infrastructure...so a few loan players and some extra cones and bibs? They may get a few decent loan players but they'll never see them permanently or any of the money they make.

I don't see where hibs make money in that case. Essentially a Bournemouth player is loaned, gets exposure and is sold with money going to Bournemouth.

Hibs get a guy for 6-12 months and have to replace them with a loan a year later...

Or they spend on guys from US and Aus like Mueller or Kuol and hope Bournemouth come and buy them as part of the ownership structure. So they'd be guinea pigs but ultimately the beneficiary is Bournemouth.

All sounds very much like Moneyball but 6m investment is not enough in this league really given the shopping list of ideas they have 

kingantti1874
10 hours ago, Rods said:

The lady doth protest too much

We will sell to who we want will you aye

Looking forward to hearing about the monorail lol

IMG_0450.png

growing their turnover based on including this cash injection?

Becuase they got papped out the cup early. Unlikely to progress in SC,league prize money will be reduced unless they make it to 5th and no European revenue.  

Edited by kingantti1874

1971fozzy

The best bit is that apparently they’ll not be told who can come and go and who has to play 🤣🤣 aye ok. So what’s the point ?

so now 2 yanks owns their club, the HSL have a pittance in shares and the Black Knights have 2 on the board.

no loans to come from the BKs, and club to be self sustaining. Hmmmmmmmm

1971fozzy
15 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

All sounds very much like Moneyball but 6m investment is not enough in this league really given the shopping list of ideas they have 

the £6m isn’t going on the first team , nowhere near it. It’s mostly on (cough) infrastructure, the likes of a new place for the women’s team, etc etc.

Im sure I read that £1-2m willl be afforded to the player budget. 
effectively the difference in our league position prize money  and cup run money 🤣🤣🤣

not to mention our FOH donations

TexasAndy

You have to wonder what the future looks like when Foley is gone (he is 79) and the Gordons lose interest.    It really hammers home how great and transparent our financial set up is.

kingantti1874

Hibs are flying too close to the sun 

they have never been able to accept who and what they are in this city or in Scottish football.  They’ve got themselves into difficulties in account of a desperate attempt to keep up with us.  Overstating attendances by counting free tickets issued for what purpose, continually being surprised when their income reflects reality, selling ST earlier and earlier every year to mask overspending, getting into debt and signing over assets, starting HSL a desperate attempt to match FOH.  And now the final throw of the dice, selling your souls not for £60m which I could kind of understand, but for £6m.  Less than we will take from Europe, less than Lawrence Shankland is worth.   And most of that money will be used to offset previous losses and on infrastructure? 

My good, their wings are about to melt IMO

Edited by kingantti1874

stevie1874

Let them get on with it, they’ve signed up to an uncertain future with a consortium who have no connection or care for the club whatsoever. They will get a few decent short term  loans along the way but in the long term nothing good will come of this from a Hibs perspective. Time to sit back & watch the carnage develop when the support realise Brewsters millions isn’t making one bit of a difference. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

You have to wonder what the future looks like when Foley is gone (he is 79) and the Gordons lose interest.    It really hammers home how great and transparent our financial set up is.

Foley isn't a one man band. His company is set up to almost exclusively own sport teams. When he goes, someone will step up internally in their business.

What their interests in Hibs are....who knows.

132goals1958

Trying to take a balanced view of their new structure. It may benefit them for some time but  bond and floating charges and absentee owners will always be looming in the background. Foreign owners have no emotional attachment or empathy as it’s invariably another investment added to their portfolio that on a priority scale probably ranks pretty low. A billionaire thousands of miles away is unlikely to be influenced in making a hard nosed decision that is not to the liking of a local community. I freely admit I was mightily relieved when Vlad saved us from the abyss but at the time he was the only show in town. We flew by the seat of our pants for long enough but on reflection we were lucky to avoid liquidation. Obviously Foley is an astute and wealthy businessman but making unpopular decisions and a single minded approach are traits that have probably got him to where he is. Recent experience has at least ensured us it’s better to be in control of your own destiny.

Batistuta87

Would it not just be the funniest thing ever if they went and got themselves relegated this season. A big ask, but if they had to spend their big £6M investment on plugging a financial gap and getting themselves back up I genuinely think I would wet myself laughing. 

Anyway...

Shareholders were told the £6m would allow improvement at the club's training base and the creation of a home for the women's team with a full-time base and stadium for matches.

Stadiums and training grounds - even small ones - ain't cheap so that'll be most of it away anyway. 

10 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Hibournian.....well they're just the 2nd car you bought for your wife. A wee hatchback to run around in.

That's Lorient,

Hibs are actually the 3rd car you bought for your 17 year old laddie second hand which he'll inevitably crash and write off 

Wee Mikey
26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Foley isn't a one man band. His company is set up to almost exclusively own sport teams. When he goes, someone will step up internally in their business.

Business is business.

Easy enough to diversify into retail.

Could it be that h1b5' location would be just the very dab for a designer mall outlet type development? Hmmm ... 🤔

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Business is business.

Easy enough to diversify into retail.

Could it be that h1b5' location would be just the very dab for a designer mall outlet type development? Hmmm ... 🤔

Not so sure. Lots of shopping online nowadays. Ocean Terminal at this time is dying on its arse, along with Princes Street the Gyle and Cameron Toll. Can't comment on Fort Kinnaird, as it has been awhile since I was last there.

Now student flats, that's a different proposition all together.

TexasAndy
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah I think that last bit is my point.  Will others beyond Foley give a S*** about Hibs

hughesie27

Foley invested in Lorient last year. They've seen 0 significant player loans from Bournemouth in over a year. Infact one of their top players was sold to Bournemouth at the first opportunity.

Absolutely no reason to suggest Hibs will be treated any differently.

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yeah I think that last bit is my point.  Will others beyond Foley give a S*** about Hibs

But with his millions, should we be concerned that the "natural order" may be at risk?

As for tonight we should be singing "Hibs have  lost their heart".

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

HSL seem to be mostly hated now. 

The seeds of that have been sown  by some high profile posters over there.  Vociferous and at times really nasty often and determined that that it should fail. I wonder why?

Ex member of the SaS

Don't remember if it's been mentioned but yank businessmen are investing in UK football because all US sports have been bought up by mega millionaires. They can't get into that market and many think here is like there, with francizes, fans won't jump from one team to another just because they are doing well.

Hibs situation is they are the third team bought by this mob and are well down the pecking order, as a UK club it's easier to palm off players from down south when they don't or are not ready to hit the main team in the pyramid.

They may well get cash but most is going on infrastructure ( making training facilities better for the loan players rather than building a team for Hibs. The cash for players is a sop to ease the deal through by conning Hibs fans into thinking they are getting cash for player purchases.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Foley invested in Lorient last year. They've seen 0 significant player loans from Bournemouth in over a year. Infact one of their top players was sold to Bournemouth at the first opportunity.

agreeed. American do not get involved in sport unless there is money to be made.  There is no money to be made in Scotland ONLY in England.  If they find another John McGinn they have a problem, I have zero doubt they may see some South Americans to take advantage of our work permit rules but it will only be for the purpose of getting them to Bournemouth. 

Itd a completely desperate move imo 

RustyRightPeg
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

HSL seem to be mostly hated now. 

By the blinkered fans that think they now have sugar daddy that'll spend millions on players. 

HSL did what they could to retain control, as they should. 

Bull's-eye

If a player is good enough to play in the EPL, the world knows about them, no matter what corner of the globe they come from.

This notion of Bournemouth secretly smuggling the worlds greatest talent to Scotland so they can then easily get them a work permit to play in England is lunacy.

My new take on this is the development of a womans team stadium. That now looks like where the investment is going and that actually does make a bit of sense. There may well be a return of investment in that market as its pretty much untapped in Scotland.

Mens team down the Shitter, bursd team doing well  😆😆😆😆😆😆

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agreeed. American do not get involved in sport unless there is money to be made.  There is no money to be made in Scotland ONLY in England.  If they find another John McGinn they have a problem, I have zero doubt they may see some South Americans to take advantage of our work permit rules but it will only be for the purpose of getting them to Bournemouth. 

Itd a completely desperate move imo 

Its pretty poor due dillegence on the face of things. 

My only pause, is that Hibs will be ran with a self sustaining ethos and money will be spent exclusively on essentially providing Bournemouth with an academy in Scotland. Maybe loan the odd player under the circumstances you describe. But you can't make transfer fees on loaned players, so its hard to see how Hibs could become much more competitive. 

It will be interesting to see how things will play out if they have any promising youngsters in the academy. Will they be shipped off on the cheap to Bournemouth because Foley says so?

Section Q

We're about ten years ahead of Hibs as far as club development and budget is concerned. Their one off $6m "windfall" is no more than our annual income from benefactors and FoH. After they improve their training ground facilities and ground improvements, their won't be much left for player purchases. And as someone has already stated, the club doesn't have the resources to pay the wages of big signings. Bournemouth loan players will be all they have to look forward to, and as we well know, that don't always work out. And if Bournemouth get relegated which is easily a possibility, we could well see a knock on effect for Hibs plans.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

But with his millions, should we be concerned that the "natural order" may be at risk?

As for tonight we should be singing "Hibs have  lost their heart".

A one off £6m? Most of which will be used to offset current losses? 

They’d need £6m per season to close the current gap to ourselves, that was before the hotel opened. A one off £6 won’t even be as much as we should get from Europe next season given the revised format.

so no I think we can sleep safely.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Yep, it was strange that they didn’t get a few players in January given the relegation battle they are in. 

soonbe110
40 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

If a player is good enough to play in the EPL, the world knows about them, no matter what corner of the globe they come from.

This notion of Bournemouth secretly smuggling the worlds greatest talent to Scotland so they can then easily get them a work permit to play in England is lunacy.

My new take on this is the development of a womans team stadium. That now looks like where the investment is going and that actually does make a bit of sense. There may well be a return of investment in that market as its pretty much untapped in Scotland.

Mens team down the Shitter, bursd team doing well  😆😆😆😆😆😆

Yep, the possibility of a women’s British league is much higher than that of a men’s British league.  

soonbe110
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A one off £6m? Most of which will be used to offset current losses? 

They’d need £6m per season to close the current gap to ourselves, that was before the hotel opened. A one off £6 won’t even be as much as we should get from Europe next season given the revised format.

so no I think we can sleep safely.

Their current debt disappears with the share issue. Gordon’s family are taking extra shares and writing off the debt - very Vladish debt/equity games. Having no debt makes it easier for them to raise other finance and also cuts their cost base 

Australis
31 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We're about ten years ahead of Hibs as far as club development and budget is concerned. Their one off $6m "windfall" is no more than our annual income from benefactors and FoH. After they improve their training ground facilities and ground improvements, their won't be much left for player purchases. And as someone has already stated, the club doesn't have the resources to pay the wages of big signings. Bournemouth loan players will be all they have to look forward to, and as we well know, that don't always work out. And if Bournemouth get relegated which is easily a possibility, we could well see a knock on effect for Hibs plans.

Money going on building a new training hub and a stadium for their women's team.

Just look at so many Hearts fans comments on our women's team thread

They dont want a penny wasted on them here.

Imagine plenty wee team fans will be the same.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Their current debt disappears with the share issue. Gordon’s family are taking extra shares and writing off the debt - very Vladish debt/equity games. Having no debt makes it easier for them to raise other finance and also cuts their cost base 

Ok their existing debt disappears but the losses don’t.  they still spend more money on players than they should be spending in relation to their turnover.

i accept that interst on loans goes away for now but that’s not massive really. 

They’d need £6m per season to close the gap imo 

Edited by kingantti1874

hughesie27
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ok their existing debt disappears but the losses don’t.  they still spend more money on players than they should be spending in relation to their turnover.

i accept that interst on loans goes away for now but that’s not massive really. 

They’d need £6m per season to close the gap imo 

They have came out and said that income is already up considerably this year and has brought the wage ration back down to 65% or something. 

Edited by hughesie27

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

They have came out and said that income is already up considerably this year and has brought the wage ration back down to 65% or something. 

Aside from a couple of games in Europe I’m not sure how else they increased their day to day turnover considerably.  Not material change in gates or ST  I’ve not heard them do anything magical on the hospitality front either but then again I don’t pay much attention. 

To clarify I’ve ZERO doubt their turnover will increase but IMO that will have been based on assumption and will recognise in some way  this investment.

the bigger question, will they see a sustained increase in turnover?  papped out of the cup early, no Europe, a lower league placing and unlikely to progress to the next round in the SC. I don’t really see how.

again, I’m not really paying much attention to what they do so may be wrong on all of the above and they don’t some spectacular things behind the scenes to grow the business by 50% in 2 years that I’m not aware of 

Edited by kingantti1874