Zander Clark.

gorgierulesapply88

Footballfirst

A series of stills from the highlights show the poor decision making by Clark.

Ball played over the top, Clark already looking to retreat.

image.png.8b7ab2f6f6bccfc8367320659ef05640.png

A few frames later, Halkett is signalling that Clark should be out to clear. The ball is maybe 5 yards from the box, with Duk further away from the ball, but with the closing distance in favour of Clark.

image.png.565e975e9062e27e1991ac36d30b335c.png

Duk finally gets within playing distance of the ball.  It's inside the box FFS. It should have been an easy clearance.

image.png.124ddeafc08f5418ab4d0b4a3199f4eb.png

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• saxondale

• gorgierulesapply88

• Shaggy2

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A few frames later, Halkett is signalling that Clark should be out to clear. The ball is maybe 5 yards from the box, with Duk further away from the ball, but with the closing distance in favour of Clark.

Duk finally gets within playing distance of the ball.  It's inside the box FFS. It should have been an easy clearance.

It’s the keepers ball all day long. 

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Christ, the ball virtually ended up in the same spot in the box where Clark was standing in the first place, ffs!

gorgierulesapply88
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

But but but I'm wrong and it wasn't his fault 🤣🤣🤣

gorgierulesapply88
41 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

@Scott Leitch @basscomstill laughing?

Edited by gorgierulesapply88

Cruickie's Moustache

Similar to Wednesday.

My view is that there is an overall problem with modern goal keeping coaching. 

In day gone by keepers weren't afraid to rush out and  go head first into an attackers feet.

If needed outside the box a striker may get the old Schumacher treatment.

These day they are coached to move out, plant and try make themselves big.

Not saying that is wholly wrong but some goalies have forgotten that there are times, as the last man, you just have to get to the ball and commit everything you have at stopping the attacker.

gorgierulesapply88
4 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Similar to Wednesday.

My view is that there is an overall problem with modern goal keeping coaching. 

In day gone by keepers weren't afraid to rush out and  go head first into an attackers feet.

If needed outside the box a striker may get the old Schumacher treatment.

These day they are coached to move out, plant and try make themselves big.

Not saying that is wholly wrong but some goalies have forgotten that there are times, as the last man, you just have to get to the ball and commit everything you have at stopping the attacker.

Paul Gallagher, may or may not be a good GK Coach.

He was a mediocre GK at best. Much like Zander Clark.

We've changed coaches in the backroom staff and he's one who's always survived.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

A 10 step jog along box and he could have waited to simply pick it up. 

Alternatively, a jog out and blooter it out the park.

What he shouldn't have done is run backwards 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Cruickie's Moustache
6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Paul Gallagher, may or may not be a good GK Coach.

He was a mediocre GK at best. Much like Zander Clark.

We've changed coaches in the backroom staff and he's one who's always survived.

Not sure it's Gallagher who is the issue. Just an overall change in the coaching philosophy.

It will be the way It's coached these days for getting your badges and doing CPD etc.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He’s utter shit.

The third Huns goal in the League Cup semi was an embarrassment. Tavenier basically told him exactly where he was hitting it and then stuck it in that corner. Clark went the other way. Mutant 

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

As bad as Marshall at the Humphries goal at Tynecastle.

Pasquale for King

He was standing a yard away from where Duk first touched the ball at the 2nd goal, thats two goals in two games he’s been out of position that’s cost us two draws. I would honestly sell him in January if anyone would have him, unlikely as that may sound. 

I'm not his biggest fan, but a bizarre time to dedicate a thread to him.

He pulled off one very good stop today, and he was not too blame for the winner (although he did hesitate, but ultimately he made the right decision to get back on his line - he wouldn't have got there before Duk if he came out all the way).

Cruickie's Moustache
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was standing a yard away from where Duk first touched the ball at the 2nd goal, thats two goals in two games he’s been out of position that’s cost us two draws. I would honestly sell him in January if anyone would have him, unlikely as that may sound. 

Sorry to be a pedant but Clark was actually in a good position. He just failed to capitalise on it and, especially today, moved himself inexplicably out of that decent position into a worse one !!!

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, saxondale said:

He pulled off one very good stop today, and he was not too blame for the winner (although he did hesitate, but ultimately he made the right decision to get back on his line - he wouldn't have got there before Duk if he came out all the way).

He was already there and just had to stay there to simply pick the ball up!  See above pics!  100% his fault.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Sorry to be a pedant but Clark was actually in a good position. He just failed to capitalise on it and, especially today, moved himself inexplicably out of that decent position into a worse one !!!

Fair point, but then moved out of position. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Nonsense, he was two steps from where the ball was touched by Duk, the save was bog standard from a CHs shot 30 yards out. 

Cruickie's Moustache
6 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Have given Clark the benefit of the doubt for long enough and was happy to see him sign as our back up.

While he has had some decent saves lately, his decision making is clearly poor in a number of situations and, if he is fit, Gordon needs to be given the shout to see if he still has something to offer.

Walter Bishop
6 hours ago, Bauld said:

Nobody going to mention Halkett was thrown on, away from home, in those conditions, After a year out.

And got rinsed for pace in the lead up to their goal.

Naismith did it to Beni in Europe. 

He just did it to Halkett again.

This 100%!!! 

What was the thinking behind this? Ridiculous decision. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonsense, he was two steps from where the ball was touched by Duk, the save was bog standard from a CHs shot 30 yards out. 

I disagree, as do the pundits, journalists and commentators.

3 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Have given Clark the benefit of the doubt for long enough and was happy to see him sign as our back up.

While he has had some decent saves lately, his decision making is clearly poor in a number of situations and, if he is fit, Gordon needs to be given the shout to see if he still has something to offer.

I agree, Gordon is clearly considerably better than Clark. He's a more than capable backup though and clearly not as bad as most like to make out; otherwise, he would be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I agree, our main problems are further forward than Zander Clark. 

And of course that merely elevates Clark's mistakes to "cost us the match" level.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I disagree, as do the pundits, journalists and commentators.

Yeah you and them are all seeing all knowing, plenty Hearts fans on this thread seem to know the truth. Can you list the pundits, journalists and commentators that said that and show us the proof?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I agree, Gordon is clearly considerably better than Clark. He's a more than capable backup though and clearly not as bad as most like to make out; otherwise, he would be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

Who else would take his place in the Scotland squad?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Definitely, another goal hes cost us. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Bauld said:

Nobody going to mention Halkett was thrown on, away from home, in those conditions, After a year out.

He did it to Atkinson on Wednesday too. For someone that complained about CL rushing him back from injury he certainly throws players in far too quickly. 

6 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Tagawa, Halks and Rowles all should do better leading up to there winner

Correct it all started with Tagawa

6 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Poor he was nearly at the ball before deciding to run back the way. Sad state of affairs when we are hoping that a 40 year old can recover enough to replace him. He's costing us goals now so needs dropped.

:lol: so true!

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah you and them are all seeing all knowing, plenty Hearts fans on this thread seem to know the truth. Can you list the pundits, journalists and commentators that said that and show us the proof?

The difference is the pundits, journalists and commentators are impartial, most Hearts fans aren't.

Go and look yourself, I'm not listing every person that supports my opinion. It won't be hard to find.

I didn't say there was proof either.

6 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Absolute nonsense, Gordon not saving either of the goals today. Check out Cochrane as per usual in absolute no man's land jogging back. 

:lol: so true!  Every game, it's quite comical really, no wonder he must be ****ed from all that jogging overb to take corners and long throws!

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who else would take his place in the Scotland squad?

Another Scottish goalkeeper. I'm sure Steve Clarke could quite easily find someone to replace the 'dreadful' Zander Clark.

6 hours ago, Bauld said:

Horrendous viewing. Appreciate the lad has been out for almost a year but that was horrible. 

Not seen the game/highlights yet but my Dad suggest time for Gordon to return. Had an awful flap vs Rangers but got away with it. Zander isn't an awful keeper and I think we're somewhat spoiled having CG. But if he's fit he is back!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Another Scottish goalkeeper. I'm sure Steve Clarke could quite easily find someone to replace the 'dreadful' Zander Clark.

Name one? There is a dearth hence a guy who couldn’t find a club all summer was still available by September. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, saxondale said:

The difference is the pundits, journalists and commentators are impartial, most Hearts fans aren't.

Go and look yourself, I'm not listing every person that supports my opinion. It won't be hard to find.

I didn't say there was proof either.

Who? Name them? Not sportscene, not BBC online. You’re making things up. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

:lol: so true!  Every game, it's quite comical really, no wonder he must be ****ed from all that jogging overb to take corners and long throws!

Cochrane is absolutely honking. Cant defend any ball over the top, and routinely gets caught wrong side of his man, or just jogging back instead of busting a gut. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

He thinks hes a world beater, can’t defend to save himself and his crosses are usually poor. Never at fault and vastly overrated. 

Last season our big defensive weakness was any cross into the box. Now our glaring weakness is any long ball over the top. Rowles and Cochrane aren’t good enough, either is Clark. And we don’t have a single decent right back at the club.

Just now, amadjambo said:

Cochrane is absolutely honking. Cant defend any ball over the top, and routinely gets caught wrong side of his man, or just jogging back instead of busting a gut. 

It's strange coz when he initially came, defending was the only thing I thought as a plus (well, when in a flat back 4), then he had a couple of games where he scored and laid on an assist and he was suddenly Marcelo but worse than the Brazillian in tracking back but everybody still saw Marcelo the attacker! Fuvk knows, I don't get it! :lol:

Times up for Zander I’m afraid. He’s had a year to convince us he’s good enough to be our number 1 and he’s not taken his chance. 

You wouldn’t play Boyce up front and have Shankland on the bench, you wouldn’t play Sibbick centre half with a fit Frankie Kent available and we should not be persisting with Clark when we have Craig Gordon. It’s that simple. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Absolutely. Only one red card away from equalling the club record of 5 by any player. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He thinks hes a world beater, can’t defend to save himself and his crosses are usually poor. Never at fault and vastly overrated. 

Yip, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Name one? There is a dearth hence a guy who couldn’t find a club all summer was still available by September. 

Naw, I'll leave that to Clarke and his staff who I'm sure are far more knowledgeable about that than you or I.

Be honest, were you relatively pleased when you heard we signed Clark in the summer?

5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

It's strange coz when he initially came, defending was the only thing I thought as a plus (well, when in a flat back 4), then he had a couple of games where he scored and laid on an assist and he was suddenly Marcelo but worse than the Brazillian in tracking back but everybody still saw Marcelo the attacker! Fuvk knows, I don't get it! :lol:

Also baffles me why Cochrane and Sibbick are so utter shite in the air. Both big athletic lads and cant jump for a header to save themselves.

Edited by amadjambo