Zander Clark.

gorgierulesapply88

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I feel sorry for him and if he wants to leave you cant blame him.  He lost his rag a few times yesterday and quite right.

Absolutely.
We don’t even seem to want to talk about an extension, we should be making him our top earner asap. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• saxondale

• gorgierulesapply88

• Shaggy2

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Nelson? Wighton?

Both would have done better at yesterday’s goal. 

This ***** would’ve done better, even dressed like that. 

6516C5BB-7C46-4943-B691-B884062C0434.jpeg

alicante jambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely.
We don’t even seem to want to talk about an extension, we should be making him our top earner asap. 

Im hoping that we are already negotiating with his agent on an extension. God help us if he leaves but in reality we dont know whats going on behind the scenes. Wouldnt be like hearts to come out at the agm shankland signed an extension.

Pasquale for King
Just now, alicante jambo said:

Im hoping that we are already negotiating with his agent on an extension. God help us if he leaves but in reality we dont know whats going on behind the scenes. Wouldnt be like hearts to come out at the agm shankland signed an extension.

The manager said the other day before the Rangers game that its not something they’re even thinking about at the moment. 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣

he was ffs.  and he was at fault against rangers as well, and at fault against them in the semi.

timing getting off the line and making himself big seems to be a real issue for Zander.

i like him btw, but we have a better keep on the bench 

No doubt Craig is better but we need to go easy with him. 

As for yesterday, I'd need to see it again but during the week that's Kingsley at fault. 

Craig Gordon will be like big Ed van Der Sar, 10 minutes training, get a feel of the ball and he'll be good to go because class is permanent. Get him in next game, Clarks a ****ing bombscare. 

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

As for yesterday, I'd need to see it again but during the week that's Kingsley at fault. 

His indecisiveness is as much to blame. A goalkeeper shouldn't come out to the middle of his box and stop. You either commit to winning the ball or you stay where you are. He does neither on Wednesday and neither yesterday. Other contributing factors don't absolve him of weak goalkeeping for both.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

For the goal on Wednesday nearly half our team were at fault!  Beni at walking pace letting Tavernier skip past him, Kingsley for leaving it to Atkinson, Clark in no man’s land but probably most at fault was Atkinson, he was picking up Sima and inexplicably stopped and let him run on to the loose ball. A complete cluster **** of a goal!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Don’t give the board any ideas. Strictly 2024 final held at Tynie with Naismith doing the chachacha and the lad above taking training. 

Good point 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

For the goal on Wednesday nearly half our team were at fault!  Beni at walking pace letting Tavernier skip past him, Kingsley for leaving it to Atkinson, Clark in no man’s land but probably most at fault was Atkinson, he was picking up Sima and inexplicably stopped and let him run on to the loose ball. A complete cluster **** of a goal!

All started in the corner with the usual half hearted press from Cochrane, as you say there were a few like Kent and Rowles also. 

I've watched the winner a few times now and I don't think it's a case of two steps to the left and collect. However, if he comes a yard out of his box he is there first with a bit to spare to launch it up into the Hearts fans. Unlike Tavernier's, it's not a great pass by Devlin, it's a hoof over the top. Very much like Wednesday, Clark has two fellow culprits. Halkett could probably haul Duk back and take a yellow for the team, as could Rowles but he'd have walked for it. Clark is indecisive, perhaps thinking Rowles is quick enough but as soon as he lets Duk across him it's curtains. A mess of a goal and the keeper has to take a big share of the responsibility for it.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All started in the corner with the usual half hearted press from Cochrane, as you say there were a few like Kent and Rowles also. 

Don't think it was half-hearted, over committed if anything. Far too high for our LWB to be doing that right in the corner. Watched that a few times as well and can find faults of varying degree with NINE players. Only Grant and Shankland are not guilty of anything that I can see. Might be a wee bit harsh on Tagawa for his initial (his was half-hearted) press.

Edited by Shaggy2

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Don't think it was half-hearted, over committed if anything. Far too high for our LWB to be doing that right in the corner. Watched that a few times as well and can find faults of varying degree with NINE players. Only Grant and Shankland are not guilty of anything that I can see. Might be a wee bit harsh on Tagawa for his initial (his was half-hearted) press.

He was slow to get there, you either go or you dont, our pressing in general is disorganised and clearly not worked on enough in training. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I've watched the winner a few times now and I don't think it's a case of two steps to the left and collect. However, if he comes a yard out of his box he is there first with a bit to spare to launch it up into the Hearts fans. Unlike Tavernier's, it's not a great pass by Devlin, it's a hoof over the top. Very much like Wednesday, Clark has two fellow culprits. Halkett could probably haul Duk back and take a yellow for the team, as could Rowles but he'd have walked for it. Clark is indecisive, perhaps thinking Rowles is quick enough but as soon as he lets Duk across him it's curtains. A mess of a goal and the keeper has to take a big share of the responsibility for it.

If he believed that Rowles could catch Duk that shows they dont do enough Analysis on the opposition.

21 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Craig Gordon get us at least a draw in this.

Clark in no man's land yet again.

Horrific keeper.

Much as I'm delighted to see the big man back, I believe our back three would have held out.  Bring him on if we were 2 up or more but 1st game in over a year (?), bad management.

Sorry, not Craig Gordon,  Craig Halkett.

Edited by colinmaroon

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Much as I'm delighted to see the big man back, I believe our back three would have held out.  Bring him on if we were 2 up or more but 1st game in over a year (?), bad management.

Sorry, not Craig Gordon,  Craig Halkett.

Hes done that with a few players now, he wasn’t happy about CL doing it to him, and that can’t endear him to the players who will believe he’s more interested in results than their health. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Roos must have came out and swept up half a dozen of those during the game with no hesitation. Just come out, smash it up the park or out for a throw-in. We’d come away with a 1-1. We’d still be talking about a shite performance but it wouldn’t be half as bad. 

Naisy must be feeling it now. He has to make the change. Clark has now had a major mistake in four 1 goal defeats. It would be utter negligence to persist with him.

10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Roos must have came out and swept up half a dozen of those during the game with no hesitation. Just come out, smash it up the park or out for a throw-in. We’d come away with a 1-1. We’d still be talking about a shite performance but it wouldn’t be half as bad. 

Naisy must be feeling it now. He has to make the change. Clark has now had a major mistake in four 1 goal defeats. It would be utter negligence to persist with him.

Totally agree. 👍

Cruickie's Moustache
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

That's the whole point.

Clark comes out and Duk then has both him and the chasing Rowles to worry about as he is most likely going the be forced out wide - away from goal. 

That gives other defenders as chance to regroup infront of goal even if the keeper is playing as a sweeper.

Clark backing off to the extent he did  just allows Duk to head directly on Route 1 towards the danger area. Also the more he backs off the more time Duk has a chance to decide what he wants to do.

From a 50/50 or even if it was  60/40 for Duk,  Clark's  indecision and backing off changes the odds to 80/20 in Aberdeen's favour.

42 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

That's the whole point.

Clark comes out and Duk then has both him and the chasing Rowles to worry about as he is most likely going the be forced out wide - away from goal. 

That gives other defenders as chance to regroup infront of goal even if the keeper is playing as a sweeper.

Clark backing off to the extent he did  just allows Duk to head directly on Route 1 towards the danger area. Also the more he backs off the more time Duk has a chance to decide what he wants to do.

From a 50/50 or even if it was  60/40 for Duk,  Clark's  indecision and backing off changes the odds to 80/20 in Aberdeen's favour.

Agree. I’m not absolving Clark of any blame, far from it. He’s the only one who can prevent what transpires legally. 👍

19 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Cochrane not Rowles to blame, standing in the box immobile while Rowlds picked up a midfield runner and rightly moved to cover.  Cochrane standing watching didn't move a muscle.  When we were under pressure,  Cochrane was dreadful.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Cochrane not Rowles to blame, standing in the box immobile while Rowlds picked up a midfield runner and rightly moved to cover.  Cochrane standing watching didn't move a muscle.  When we were under pressure,  Cochrane was dreadful.

That was the equaliser and yes, Cochrane was dreadful ball watching at the goal and in general in his own half but he won a lot of ball high up the park. Unfortunately there was only ever Shankland ahead of him with 3 Aberdeen defenders. 

Both goals were dreadful, the first everyone stops and watches the ball. The second one Clark has to be out clearing that. Any decent keeper has a good starting position and plays that out for a throw in at worst. He stop starts then retreats making it easy for Duk. Someone should probably wipe him out to be fair but blame lies with Clark. If he had done that on Wednesday we might not have lost a goal. If Gordon is fit he has to play, he is a better keeper and even if a little rusty will still be better than Clark. 

6 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

wouldnt start craig at parkhead as we will get hammered regardless of whose in goals . bring him back v st mirren

If we are going to get anything from the game on Wednesday we have to put out our strongest possible team and that for me would mean starting with Craig Gordon in goals.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

If we are going to get anything from the game on Wednesday we have to put out our strongest possible team and that for me would mean starting with Craig Gordon in goals.

Saturday! But yes if we want to have any slim chance of a point Gordon has to play. We can't seriously be keeping Clark in goals while Craig sits on the bench, the boy is a honking goalie that if we leave him in will cost us goals again in the not too distant future. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Folk like.you, just #### off

Harsh

But fair 😂

I get the feeling some want Zander to fail because of their love for Gordon and want to see him back in goals.

There's a romance behind it if you will. To see him return between the sticks. Return to form and maybe even get on the plane to the Euros.

The actual reality is that Zander is a very good keeper and deserves his place. No keeper goes without a mistake. Whether you're Zander, Gordon or Buffon at some point you'll drop one in your own net. 

He's earned it and if Gordon is to get it back then he's going to have to wait till Zander gets injured or truly loses his form over a few games.

Solid penalty save tonight, and a good performance all round. 

It would have just been typical for Hibs to score a penalty after we missed ours, but he stepped up and made sure it didn't happen. 

The Gorgie End behind him when he was waiting for the penalty would have done him a massive world of good.  That ball was never going in tonight. 

A penalty save, and a clean sheet against Hibs.  What more can you ask for? 

Gordon returning has made Zander better. He knows he needs to be at his absolute best or he loses the gloves. Brilliant situation. 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Zander is responding well to the competitive pressure from Gordon.

…and the competitive edge from our own fans. The crowd reaction to him going down against St Mirren isn’t a way to reward a player in maroon. 

Great hand for the spot kick, the other saves were run of the mill. 

Wee shaky moment with a punch but on the whole solid tonight. 

Well done Big Guy. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Signing Clark when there was no obvious need (Gordon was playing so well) was as inspired as signing Shankland - when we did need a goalscorer.

Put some respect on the big man's name, another clean sheet and a penalty save as well as a few other important saves.

We're in a very fortunate position goalkeeper wise.

I think it's fair to say it's up to Gordon to make his case. Another clean sheet and a penalty save.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Great hand for the spot kick, the other saves were run of the mill. 

Wee shaky moment with a punch but on the whole solid tonight. 

Well done Big Guy. 

To be fair, had the team mate he punched it to not cleared it straight to a Hibs player then it wouldn't look so bad.

He has risen to the pressure of having Gordon on the bench, he knows the fans want Gordon to play again as he is a legend. I think Clark makes the odd mistake but he is a great keeper for us. He was as important to the result as Shankland.

All  I could think about was save this and Gordon’s on the bench for another few weeks. It’s his jersey and he’s rightly keeping it. As much as I love Craig he can’t walk back in to the team. 

14 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I get the feeling some want Zander to fail because of their love for Gordon and want to see him back in goals.

There's a romance behind it if you will. To see him return between the sticks. Return to form and maybe even get on the plane to the Euros.

The actual reality is that Zander is a very good keeper and deserves his place. No keeper goes without a mistake. Whether you're Zander, Gordon or Buffon at some point you'll drop one in your own net. 

He's earned it and if Gordon is to get it back then he's going to have to wait till Zander gets injured or truly loses his form over a few games.

The amount on here waiting him replaced by a half fit Craig was ridiculous. Thank goodness Naismith didn't listen. But 1 slip and Craig's fans will be out in force again 🤷‍♂️