• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• saxondale

• gorgierulesapply88

• Shaggy2

As soon as Gordon was fit I would have had him in. Since Gordon is back on the scene Zander has raised his game, thought he was good against celtic and obviously again tonight. Gordon may have a fight on his hands to get back in which can only be good for the team. 

17 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I get the feeling some want Zander to fail because of their love for Gordon and want to see him back in goals.

There's a romance behind it if you will. To see him return between the sticks. Return to form and maybe even get on the plane to the Euros.

The actual reality is that Zander is a very good keeper and deserves his place. No keeper goes without a mistake. Whether you're Zander, Gordon or Buffon at some point you'll drop one in your own net. 

He's earned it and if Gordon is to get it back then he's going to have to wait till Zander gets injured or truly loses his form over a few games.

Craig Gordon is Mr Hearts, club legend and our club captain - of course people are desperate to see him back! He's my hero from when I was wee!! :D 

Its no slight on Zander at all, and if it drives him to work harder and be sharper, then more power to him!! - FWIW I don't think Gordon would have saved that penalty because Gordon isn't historically very good with penalties. 

I'm happy for this to continue, Zander has the 2nd most clean sheets in the league, for a team in 3rd that is bloody amazing!!! 

image.png.72e62bc9fdf0624cdae7d9de537e3381.png

Zander the man. Leave him be. Stats are awesome solid defense Hearts. The night Zander made the difference pen save and 2 others. Love CG but let's celebrate what we've got doing the business. 

Brilliant save from the penalty.  Punched a ball later on that he should have held.  Deserves his place in the team.  Craig Gordon's time will come.  

12 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Zander the man. Leave him be. Stats are awesome solid defense Hearts. The night Zander made the difference pen save and 2 others. Love CG but let's celebrate what we've got doing the business. 

This in spades 

4 minutes ago, lawjambo74 said:

Brilliant save from the penalty.  Punched a ball later on that he should have held.  Deserves his place in the team.  Craig Gordon's time will come.  

Looked like a lot of bodies around him making it awkward.  I'd let him off for it.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Looked like a lot of bodies around him making it awkward.  I'd let him off for it.

Agreed, rather he punched it than go for a catch and hope he gets fouled. 

A Shoreditch Heart
9 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Credit to him tonight, super save.

He’s a generally decent GK for our level. No more no less. 

Just watched the penalty save a few times on Sportscene and it's right up there - brilliant !

Very very good save for the penalty. Part of a defensive unit that’s not conceding too.

Not bad for a guy who’s apparently ‘flabby’ and ‘useless’

a reminder it’s good we’re fan owned and not fan run 😆

With the Euros on the horizon, I wonder if Craig will look at a loan to get some game time?  Zander isn't flawless, but he's miles from getting dropped, and goalkeeper's don't get injured much.

Maybe both of them make the Scotland squad, wonder if that's happened before.

1 hour ago, naeclue said:

With the Euros on the horizon, I wonder if Craig will look at a loan to get some game time?  Zander isn't flawless, but he's miles from getting dropped, and goalkeeper's don't get injured much.

Maybe ask Steve Clarke?

He’s had his bombscare moments and I’ve been on his back. But the stats don’t lie.

He deserves his place in the starting lineup. 

Cracking assist last night too. 

2 hours ago, naeclue said:

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but rather Zander going out on loan. (Albeit that was before 3 very good games!) It’s a unique situation to be in. Do we try and do what’s best for both players, keep one and have McGovern as number 2 or think soley from a Hearts point of view and keep all three.

The issue would be where to send one of them though? We wouldn’t loan to a rival and they’re too good for the league below. Craig probably wouldn’t go to the English Championship as it’s two games a week and Zander’s stock probably isn’t high enough for a team in that league to want him. Overseas?