*** Official Motherwell Vs Heart of Midlothian Match Thread ***

Ricardo Quaresma

Kind of feels to me that we're happy to throw away points in this game.

It feels to me that with an international break coming up that a defeat will end the Naismith reign. So if some of our soft, tool downing players can sense it, then that's what we'll get.

Naismith would be wise to completely change it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Deviskan

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, FJT said:

No giving away daft goals or chucking away a lead. 3 points please. That is all. 

That presents a wee bit of a dilemma. Most folk want to see a bit of speed and passion, which is counterproductive to keeping clean sheets. Wins more important right now, we need to be a bit more bloody minded.

Hopefully pick up a much needed win against a team in poor form.  We might even start playing before we go a goal down if we're really lucky.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, FJT said:

No giving away daft goals or chucking away a lead. 3 points please. That is all. 

That's the problem though. The last few matches 'Well have scored late goals even when apparently being well beaten.

46 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

That presents a wee bit of a dilemma. Most folk want to see a bit of speed and passion, which is counterproductive to keeping clean sheets. Wins more important right now, we need to be a bit more bloody minded.

Yes you have a point. the daft goals or folding once conceding have mattered points wise unfortunately. Hoping for better very soon. This might not be a popular point of view but I think overall we’ve been playing a bit better in patches in recent weeks, though points and results wise that’s meant nothing. Hoping we get a good win to build on.

We need it!! 👍 🙏 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, FJT said:

Yes you have a point. the daft goals or folding once conceding have mattered points wise unfortunately. Hoping for better very soon. This might not be a popular point of view but I think overall we’ve been playing a bit better in patches in recent weeks, though points and results wise that’s meant nothing. Hoping we get a good win to build on.

We need it!! 👍 🙏 

We appear to be rather naive. Bit of pace and a solid back line, everyone winning their own battle type thing needed, especially away

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

We appear to be rather naive. Bit of pace and a solid back line, everyone winning their own battle type thing needed, especially away

Can't remember the last game when our players won their battles - one of the reasons I think our poor form is as much due to players as manager/coaches.

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Goals and assists would help with that

Dunno why the quote was split; should not be possible really 😆

Yup. My thoughts exactly. 5 goals, 5 assists, crash course in the Gorgie dialect and he’ll be getting 🤬🤬🤬🤬s told left right and centre. 

By The Light..

Honestly can't see us getting anything out this hope to be wrong though.

M'well need a win and we are the team to play have been for years if you need a win.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Kind of feels to me that we're happy to throw away points in this game.

It feels to me that with an international break coming up that a defeat will end the Naismith reign. So if some of our soft, tool downing players can sense it, then that's what we'll get.

Naismith would be wise to completely change it.

Games at Kilmarnock in 2019 and Aberdeen 2023, 3 down in first half, wouldn't surprise me tomorrow if indeed the sulk is on

3 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Any tips on where best to park the car?

Like to know this as well,looks at maps parking somewhere along Dalzell Dr but not 100% sure on parking restrictions 

45 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

Honestly can't see us getting anything out this hope to be wrong though.

M'well need a win and we are the team to play have been for years if you need a win.

Funnily enough, there's many a 'Well supporter with the same outlook. They are well (😉) used to being the team that capitulates v another team who really need the points. They have a history of doing so.

"May the least awful team win." 🙃

Seriously, though, I have a sneaking suspicion that we're gonna give them a hiding.

As always, I've bounced back after Sun and am going through with my usual optimism.

What's more, we're due one of those weeks whereby all other results go our way. After all, we've already done it to ourselves on at least 2 weekends whereby our own failings have seen us drop points laughably.

Should that transpire, then the league table will be looking more like it should do and we can have some better hope for our upcoming matches.

See if we lose? Moreso if we lose by, yet again, finding a unique way to gift goals?

Should that happen?

See if that combines with all other games going against us?

Even my patience would be tested.

❤️❤️G❤️

3 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Orbiston St , just google Motherwell fire station, handy for the ground there.👍

40 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Orbiston St , just google Motherwell fire station, handy for the ground there.👍

Cheers!

Skacelleftboot

Has Mackenzie Kirk made it into a first team squad yet? Scoring a lot of goals for the B team and thought the whole philosophy was the bleed in high performing youngsters. Would like to see him in squad for saturday

24 minutes ago, Skacelleftboot said:

Has Mackenzie Kirk made it into a first team squad yet? Scoring a lot of goals for the B team and thought the whole philosophy was the bleed in high performing youngsters. Would like to see him in squad for saturday

We're more likely to field Mackenzie Crook.

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, hisnameis said:

A bit negative but still funny.

Not half as negative as our midfield passing 😉

Bazzas right boot

First away game that's not Hampden,  livi or ER in about 20 years.

Get to see what all the greetin faced away followers have been banging on about for years.

I'll have ma half n half scarf on so should stand out.

21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

First away game that's not Hampden,  livi or ER in about 20 years.

Get to see what all the greetin faced away followers have been banging on about for years.

I'll have ma half n half scarf on so should stand out.

You forgotten about away to Ross Co?

Ps ... a half 'n' half scarf?

🤮

6 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Just behind the bus around about the six yards box?

I jest ... obvs ...

alicante jambo

Played livi off the park last week. Yep we got humped by a very good rangers team im no judging the team on that game. Sevco have hammered us, hibs, put 5 past dundee, drew and beat prague, recently beat real betis and were unlucky against celtic. They are just too good for everyone elses in the league bar their pals across the other side. Play like how we did against livi and we will get a result. Its gonna be a fight thats for sure always is at fir park but we can do it. Huge 3 points coming back to edinburgh. 

Motherwell 1

Hearts 2

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You forgotten about away to Ross Co?

Ps ... a half 'n' half scarf?

🤮

That wisnae me.... how much drink did you have on the train!

44 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That wisnae me.... how much drink did you have on the train!

You were oan the train; me oan the bus.

I was referring to previous years.

A stop-over in Inverness?

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Just in front of Zander Clark should work😳

Or the best place in the Motherwell box for a Heart's corner - wouldn't be touched.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, CMc said:

Yup. My thoughts exactly. 5 goals, 5 assists, crash course in the Gorgie dialect and he’ll be getting 🤬🤬🤬🤬s told left right and centre. 

Can't wait for him to get ******s telt! 🙂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

You were oan the train; me oan the bus.

I was referring to previous years.

A stop-over in Inverness?

Correct!

I forgot...

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It will be the same team as Sunday with Forrest at RWB and another average-poor display. 

You absolutely ****in hope obviously. You horrible Hearts hating, nobody.

Stick to pouring pints, you cretin.

I happen to think that we played OK twice against Sevco, and didn't give Livi a kick of the ball last Wednesday. If we continue in that form we will win.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I happen to think that we played OK twice against Sevco, and didn't give Livi a kick of the ball last Wednesday. If we continue in that form we will win.

Yip, 

11 hours ago, gordiegords said:

If you are ok getting there a bit early, Orbiston Street is perfect. 

54 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We were good v Rangers at Ibrox and decent v Livi. The game at Hampden was all too familiar. A collapse caused by stupid errors in concentration under little pressure. 

Motherwell are struggling at the moment....so it's almost guaranteed it'll be us that they turn up for. 

I think we'll have to play very well to win. 

There with youngest tomorrow, last trip through was dire. Would be nice for him to see away win. Getting to stage away trips are some weird punishment 🤦‍♂️

Motherwell are the template of a big physical team. They will bully us all over the park!