Zander Clark

GYL

Watching highlights. Zander could definately get down quicker at first goal but Patterson, Taylor and Porteous all more culpable. Half-assed doesn't begin to cover it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

• Dazo

• rudi must stay

Its ****ing horrendous on here the abuse our players receive from alleged Hearts supporters.

Its little wonder we get the square root of jack Shit for players when our own support cant wait to fire a size 10 up the Sheriff's, deserved or not.

You'll see multiple threads about the GFA, the media all the other clubs is Scotland hating us.

The real facts are our own support are our biggest enemy going forwards.

Beware the enemy within.

29 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

No problem with him being no2.  Costs us goals as #1 unfortunately.  Hopefully CG back soon.

You do have a problem though because you said you’d hope you’ll never have to spell his name again. He is playing because our number 1 is injured, he isn’t perfect but is an international that is easily the best number 2 at any club outside the OF and better than most number 1’s. If people can’t see that and would rather nitpick at what isn’t even errors then **** knows what they expect from a number 2.  There seems to be an unrealistic view running through our supporters. 

Just now, Dazo said:

You do have a problem though because you said you’d hope you’ll never have to spell his name again. He is playing because our number 1 is injured, he isn’t perfect but is an international that is easily the best number 2 at any club outside the OF and better than most number 1’s. If people can’t see that and would rather nitpick at what isn’t even errors then **** knows what they expect from a number 2.  There seems to be an unrealistic view running through our supporters. 

I hope I never have to spell his name again, cause he'll be number 2 and barring another disaster, we'll not see him again.  Technically he's an international, but he's not got the ability to do well at that level, as he illustrated last night.  You want to pretend he didn't make errors, thats your choice.

Bottom line is, he's been playing as #1 way too long, due to CG extended injury, but is not good enough to be #1 goalie at Hmfc.  Longer term, we need to be looking at getting someone else in before the times comes that CG can't play anymore.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The thing I have noticed , in two games recently ( one league one National last night  ) he refused to come off his line for an easy ball. Is that because he is afraid to give away another penalty or is he just a coward when leaving the line?

does SAS in your name stand for Spraffing Absolute Shyte, because you should take away the “Ex”

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

does SAS in your name stand for Spraffing Absolute Shyte, because you should take away the “Ex”

Oh ma sides, For F*&^% sake don't give up your day job.

15 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He done absolutely nothing approaching horrendous.

15 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Only seen the BBC highlights. Was there something they didn’t show?

15 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Presume you mean one of the goals? I don't know which one you're referring to though, cos neither were 'horrendous' from a goalkeeping point of view. Both fell into the "could possibly have done better" category (2nd more than the 1st), but they're weren't howlers/gaffes.

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

What’s happened to you Morgan ? 😢

Horrendous ? Ffs 😂

6 hours ago, Trigger said:

Tell me you didn’t see the game without telling me you didn’t see the game. :rofl:

The only thing horrendous is your continued attempt at ‘patter’ on here.

6 hours ago, Trigger said:

He never seen the game, clearly. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oddball behaviour.

Ok, ok. I hold my hands up and admit that my choice of adjective, horrendous, was a bit of an over-reaction.

Zander though, could definitely have done better at both goals.  He could, and should, have gone down quicker for the first goal. The second goal was in fact worse from a goalkeeping point of view.

Trigger? I admit that I didn’t see the game in its entirety.  I saw brief highlights which obviously included the goals.

No need for the ‘patter’ and ‘oddball’ remarks from you though.

Dazo?  Nothing has ‘happened’ to me, thanks for asking.  I obviously, and clearly erroneously, committed the cardinal sin on here by voicing an opinion.  Lesson learnt.

i wish jj was my dad

Not going to quote the post, Morgan, because others are in the same camp as you but while admittedly I'm no goalie I was relatively pleased with Zander last night. 

He's not in Craig's class but he was the best Scottish keeper available and never let us down.

Arguably, he could have done better with both goals but on both occasions I thought it was poor defending. 

I'm not sure if the seethe is because he is being compared to CG#1  or if there is something personal afoot with some but I'm very, very happy to have him. 

Maybe could do better on the first but the mistake was from Taylor for missing the ball completely. The Georgian has leathered it in from around 8 yards out, to save that would have required a worldie of a save. The second is on Patterson for showing him inside and again its well struck and through a crowd of bodies. I wouldn't blame him on either. Nice to see him finally save a free kick as well 😆

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Maybe he should have as his personal motto, something very close to that of his ex- regiment:-

"Who Dares Whines"

8 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not going to quote the post, Morgan, because others are in the same camp as you but while admittedly I'm no goalie I was relatively pleased with Zander last night. 

He's not in Craig's class but he was the best Scottish keeper available and never let us down.

Arguably, he could have done better with both goals but on both occasions I thought it was poor defending. 

I'm not sure if the seethe is because he is being compared to CG#1  or if there is something personal afoot with some but I'm very, very happy to have him. 

Thanks, JJ.

Just for clarity, I have no ‘seethe’ aimed at Zander.  I stupidly, it would seem, posted that I was none too impressed with the way he dealt with both goals.

Once again, my choice of word (horrendous) was an over-reaction and for that, I have apologised.

I am relatively happy to have him as our goalie too.  Until Craig is back, at least!

A lot of people are calling for Zander Clark to be taken round the back of the Gorgie Stand and put out of his misery, and wanting Craig Gordon straight back in the team.

Craig, as good as he is, will be 41 in just over a month.  He's been out of action for the best part of a year after a double leg break, and in the past has suffered from 2 broken arms and knee tendon and ACL surgery.  We have absolutely no idea if he is going to be able to keep it up, and if he does, how much longer he will be able to do it for.  

I really hope he returns and is back to his best, but the fact is that time is always marching on.  Goalkeepers tend to last a bit longer, and there are plenty that still played at a high level in their early to mid 40s, but even Buffon dropped down to Serie B when he turned 43. 

Having to debate about having the Scotland 1st or 2nd choice goalkeeper in the team is a position that other teams would kill for.  Clark is more than capable, but you'd think that he's the reincarnation of Joel "Arnold Rimmer" Pereira with some of the comments on here.

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A lot of people are calling for Zander Clark to be taken round the back of the Gorgie Stand and put out of his misery, and wanting Craig Gordon straight back in the team.

Craig, as good as he is, will be 41 in just over a month.  He's been out of action for the best part of a year after a double leg break, and in the past has suffered from 2 broken arms and knee tendon and ACL surgery.  We have absolutely no idea if he is going to be able to keep it up, and if he does, how much longer he will be able to do it for.  

I really hope he returns and is back to his best, but the fact is that time is always marching on.  Goalkeepers tend to last a bit longer, and there are plenty that still played at a high level in their early to mid 40s, but even Buffon dropped down to Serie B when he turned 43. 

Having to debate about having the Scotland 1st or 2nd choice goalkeeper in the team is a position that other teams would kill for.  Clark is more than capable, but you'd think that he's the reincarnation of Joel "Arnold Rimmer" Pereira with some of the comments on here.

Agree with all of this

Some of the anti-Clark brigade are setting poor Craig Gordon a hard challenge. We all hope he is up to it.

Just now, deejtee said:

Agree with all of this

Some of the anti-Clark brigade are setting poor Craig Gordon a hard challenge. We all hope he is up to it.

the anti-Clark brigade 🤣.  I'm in the anti-statue impression brigade.

18 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Maybe he should have as his personal motto, something very close to that of his ex- regiment:-

"Who Dares Whines"

very harsh.

the Scottish Ambulance Service do an excellent job.

11 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

the anti-Clark brigade 🤣.  I'm in the anti-statue impression brigade.

Are you suggesting he covers himself in silver paint and busks during the fringe??

Jambo in Yorkshire

Zander has made a couple of errors for us in the last few weeks but I think it’s unfair to blame him for the 2 goals last night.

Michael Stewart changed his view the more times he saw the first, it was hardly near post as the scorer was about 10 yards from the goal line, true near posts shots are far closer to it on a much tighter angle.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Thanks, JJ.

Just for clarity, I have no ‘seethe’ aimed at Zander.  I stupidly, it would seem, posted that I was none too impressed with the way he dealt with both goals.

Once again, my choice of word (horrendous) was an over-reaction and for that, I have apologised.

I am relatively happy to have him as our goalie too.  Until Craig is back, at least!

Understood, bud 👍 and I got your clarification. No need to apologise. 

I think he will be disappointed with the second in particular but if i were pointing the finger it would the guys in front who were more at fault. 

My point is more bemusement at the rush to have a go at him. One guy positively gets a stiffie at the opportunity to slag him. 

Take away Craig and Niemi who are leagues away from any other keeper in my lifetime, zander compares favourably with most other keepers I can recall (since Broughie and Ray Dunlop). 

To have him as 'back up' to CG1 isn't a bad place to be. 

5 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

No problem with him being no2.  Costs us goals as #1 unfortunately.  Hopefully CG back soon.

I very much doubt that we could easily get anyone better than Zander. He may have cost some goals, such as the Hampden penalty, but that occurrence made many forget that he kept us in the game in the first half with some great reaction saves, including one potential own-goal.

CG at his best is clearly an all-time great. Whether he returns at that level..... fingers crossed. But I am delighted to have ZC at the club. He's proved to be a great signing. Remember the long run of shut-outs last winter, and our goals against this year are impressively low (except against OF).