• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

• Dazo

• rudi must stay

He is pish said it for months and months now.Aye he has the odd good save now and again but but overall he just ain't got it.Now this isn't a comparing him to Gordon as Gordon is an incredible keeper but just in a standard SPFL context I don't think he is very good.

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He is pish said it for months and months now.Aye he has the odd good save now and again but but overall he just ain't got it.Now this isn't a comparing him to Gordon as Gordon is an incredible keeper but just in a standard SPFL context I don't think he is very good.

You are spot on, more and more folk are seeing that as the mistakes mount up. 

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are spot on, more and more folk are seeing that as the mistakes mount up. 

I didn't even think he was good at St Johnstone always seemed to make saves more awkward looking than they should have been.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I didn't even think he was good at St Johnstone always seemed to make saves more awkward looking than they should have been.

Yeah I didn’t pay much attention to him but knew he made bad mistakes, we should try and offload him in January. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I didn’t pay much attention to him but knew he made bad mistakes, we should try and offload him in January. 

Folk wanted him in a Hearts jersey for years though even when he was at St Johnstone.Always baffled me

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Folk wanted him in a Hearts jersey for years though even when he was at St Johnstone.Always baffled me

Folk say the same about Liam Kelly, and others who wouldn’t improve us. 

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Because he is a good keeper. I think St Johnstone releasing him has knocked his confidence 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Folk say the same about Liam Kelly, and others who wouldn’t improve us. 

Very good shot stopper Kelly always looks a little small to me though.Better than Clark for me though but aye again not anything that really stands out.What you want is probably a good number 2 playing in England that you can convince to stop sitting on the bench and come up here.Take some convincing with the money they are probably on though.

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Because he is a good keeper. I think St Johnstone releasing him has knocked his confidence 

No he ain't I get it you go against the grain for bites like the Montgomery is great chat the other day.

rudi must stay
Just now, vegas-voss said:

No he ain't I get it you go against the grain for bites like the Montgomery is great chat the other day.

Watch some videos of him at St Johnstone, he makes some unbelievable saves. 

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Watch some videos of him at St Johnstone, he makes some unbelievable saves. 

And howlers.He makes good camera saves.One of the things I have always found off with him is positioning is poor he makes scramble saves he really shouldn't need to.

Also St Johnstone never released he let his contract run down

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And howlers.He makes good camera saves.One of the things I have always found off with him is positioning is poor he makes scramble saves he really shouldn't need to.

He was exceptional for St Johnstone

Sadly a St Johnstone supporting mate called it on Clark when we signed him. He said does not come for crosses and distribution poor. 

Both are correct and in Scotland coming for crosses is a vital component for a keeper. 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Very good shot stopper Kelly always looks a little small to me though.Better than Clark for me though but aye again not anything that really stands out.What you want is probably a good number 2 playing in England that you can convince to stop sitting on the bench and come up here.Take some convincing with the money they are probably on though.

Definitely, a McLaughlin type guy. 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And was available in September after the window closed because nobody wanted him. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

And was available in September after the window closed because nobody wanted him. 

It is what it is, you never really know until you see them every week. We seemed generally pretty impressed with signing him as a long term back up for Gordon, I certainly was.

I think he's a decent keeper but he's not as mentally strong as I thought.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It is what it is, you never really know until you see them every week. We seemed generally pretty impressed with signing him as a long term back up for Gordon, I certainly was.

I think he's a decent keeper but he's not as mentally strong as I thought.

Its not really our job to know about any player, surely the GK coach should be involved in the discussion. He hasn’t helped a GK get better. I don’t think Is a decent keeper at all, he doesn’t make outstanding saves and he really isn’t good at any aspect of the game,,when you focus on him you see how bad his game is and decisions are terrible.

On 05/11/2023 at 17:03, 1971fozzy said:

He’s hardly an awful goalkeeper or an imposter ffs.  He was signed as back up for Gordon.

had a few good saves but the usual brain fart unfortunately.

the first goal was actually from the passage of play from Shanklands awful pass which put us in all sorts of trouble.

Make the boy captain. Although you wouldnae waant im flying yir plane tae Bennydorm. "Hello - this is Zander shpeaking - right lets see what thish baby can do"

This overreaction to Clark is new levels on here. He has had a bad game no doubt but he has done well for us and is easily the best number 2 in the league outside Celtic and rangers. 

Pretty clear some can’t control their seethe and are misdirecting their anger. 

He has been a wee bit shakey in the last 2 games but has been pretty solid for the last year.

He is certainly not the pressing issue…management and creating / scoring goals is the issue.

Glamorgan Jambo

When our opponents have a free kick close to the box all they need to do is get the ball on target. Very unfortunately. 

as a minimum needs rested for a spell.

11 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

McGovern, 39, who has barely been in a match day squad nevermind playing for about three years is not the answer.

Very strange signing imo.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

McGovern, 39, who has barely been in a match day squad nevermind playing for about three years is not the answer.

Looks good on paper though to have 3 international gks, closest weve had to that was Zlamal, Doyle and Perriera under that wonderful football brain of CL 🤦🏽.
Unfortunately for Savage, and us,  the game isn’t played on paper or a computer screen. 

Really hope it's not Zander in goals for these games. Not sure I can face watching him at Hampden again so quickly. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Really hope it's not Zander in goals for these games. Not sure I can face watching him at Hampden again so quickly. 

Clarke was there on Sunday, I think you can relax on that one

Edited by ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS

7 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Clarke was there on Sunday, I think you can relax on that one

He must be praying that Gordon comes back soon and that everything goes well. Gunn has impressed but other than than him the drop off in quality is scary and with a major Championships 7 months away we need our best options available and playing. 

5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Surely we should be getting behind our man, it's not as if Kelly is any great shakes?

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Surely we should be getting behind our man, it's not as if Kelly is any great shakes?

You would think hearts supporters would want to support one of players potentially playing for Scotland. 🙄

16 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You would think hearts supporters would want to support one of players potentially playing for Scotland. 🙄

If he plays he'll get support though I've absolutely no affinity to him. As I said I really hope he doesn't though as he's a very poor goalkeeper at that level and had an absolute nightmare at Hampden just a few days ago. I suspect it will be Kelly so probably moot. Thankfully Clark's days are numbered both for Hearts and Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

If he plays he'll get support though I've absolutely no affinity to him. As I said I really hope he doesn't though as he's a very poor goalkeeper at that level and had an absolute nightmare at Hampden just a few days ago. I suspect it will be Kelly so probably moot. Thankfully Clark's days are numbered both for Hearts and Scotland. 

I don't get your hate. I understand he is no Craig Gordon but he is very decent stand in that we are lucky to have on our books. Contrast and compare with the dark days of Zamal and Pereira - I'm not sure how one could conclude he isn't a significant trade up.

25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not the rockets on here.

The enemy within.

He must be praying that Gordon comes back soon and that everything goes well. Gunn has impressed but other than than him the drop off in quality is scary and with a major Championships 7 months away we need our best options available and playing. 

Know what you are saying, but by the same token Gunn is also a massive drop off in quality.  Hopefully CG comes back for another few years at his levels.

7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I don't get your hate. I understand he is no Craig Gordon but he is very decent stand in that we are lucky to have on our books. Contrast and compare with the dark days of Zamal and Pereira - I'm not sure how one could conclude he isn't a significant trade up.

"Hate"  :rofl: Not sure where you got that from!  I simply don't want to watch a crap keeper in the sticks for a much improved Scotland team. It's bad enough he sold the pies for Hearts yet again on Sunday. 

Great he's better than Zlamal and Pereira. That's a ringing endorsement.

6 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Know what you are saying, but by the same token Gunn is also a massive drop off in quality.  Hopefully CG comes back for another few years at his levels.

Gunn has done excellently. Hopefully we do see Gordon competing for that spot for next summer but let's not kid ourselves, his best days are long gone too and anyone arguing that is simply delusional. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

This ⬆️

Percival King
4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Agreed. I'm glad we signed him, I'm glad we had him when Gordon got injured and I think he's done pretty well whilst he's been in the first team. I've seen worse keepers than him. He's made plenty of excellent saves, saved us points (cost us a few just as any keeper, including Gordon, does) but often keepers are remembered for high profile mistakes (e.g. Smith 1988, Rousset 1996). Don't see how he can be described as very poor, what would that make Pereira?

4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Gunn has done excellently. Hopefully we do see Gordon competing for that spot for next summer but let's not kid ourselves, his best days are long gone too and anyone arguing that is simply delusional. 

Best days hadn't gone when he last played for Scotland before his injury. Made some great saves. Ukraine notably when won Nations league group. 

A Shoreditch Heart
4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Good back up keeper. 

back up - what, he's actually been our No1 goalkeeper since Christmas 2022 and pretty much played every game since and been very good. The negativity on every post on each topic at the moment is really boring. 

Ah, the old delusional ploy. 

Code:  56666 78654 8976665436

ooh-aah-cantona

The disliking towards Clark is a tad bizarre IMO.

He was signed initially as back up to Craig Gordon and realistically, he’s the best number 2 in Scottish football including Celtic and Rangers, who have Scott Bain and Robby McCrorie respectively. 

The problem for most people is that he’s not Craig Gordon and Clark is naturally compared against him. We need to remember that Craig is a generational talent, club legend and the best goalkeeper in the last 40 years. 

Clark isn’t as good, but he’s not in the top 10 of issues we need to address as a team.

He will save us more points than he costs over a season.

And the uncomfortable truth is that as a near 41 year old Craig recovers after almost a year out, Clark may very well still be our number 1 goalkeeper moving forward for the foreseeable.