• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

• Dazo

• rudi must stay

27 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Didn't even move for pen which was weird 

Nothing weird about it, Tavernier went straight down the middle the last time they got a penalty against us.

What was weird was why Zander came out like he did to give away the penalty. It was so naive from someone so experienced.

10 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Did you think he was a good signing when it was announced at the time?

Doesn’t matter if I thought he was a good signing or not at the time. He’s clearly not good enough and makes far too many mistakes. 

when we signed him he was second choice and wasn’t going to be playing regularly but the injury to Gordon made him 1st choice and he just isn’t good enough. 

Edited by Russ1977

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He’s starting to look like Zlamal

This 

He is a brainless ***** clown.

Ridiculous challenge for the penalty then never a muscle for it or the free kick.

Get CG back in at Motherwell FFS .

5 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Doesn’t matter if I thought he was a good signing or not at the time. He’s clearly not good enough and makes far too many mistakes. 

when we signed him he was second choice and wasn’t going to be playing regularly but the injury to Gordon made him 1st choice and he just isn’t good enough. 

It does matter if you thought it was a good signing at the time or not (which I suspect you did, like everyone else), as you calling him 'big standard at best' may suggest your assessment of him is a little reactionary and not particularly balanced.

He's an above average keeper for this league, but he did not have a good game today, clearly.

1 minute ago, saxondale said:

It does matter if you thought it was a good signing at the time or not (which I suspect you did, like everyone else), as you calling him 'big standard at best' may suggest your assessment of him is a little reactionary and not particularly balanced.

He's an above average keeper for this league, but he did not have a good game today, clearly.

When we signed him I wasn’t bothered either way as he was going to be back up to Gordon. He’s had a big run off games due to Gordon’s injury and he’s not good enough for us. If he’s above average in our league it’s only due to how piss poor the rest are. 

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

McGovern in between the sticks for Motherwell away, please.

He hasn't played in about 3 years he'd be even worse 

23 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Nothing weird about it, Tavernier went straight down the middle the last time they got a penalty against us.

What was weird was why Zander came out like he did to give away the penalty. It was so naive from someone so experienced.

Spot in on both points.

Took a chance it was going down the middle again, didn't work.

6 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

When we signed him I wasn’t bothered either way as he was going to be back up to Gordon. He’s had a big run off games due to Gordon’s injury and he’s not good enough for us. If he’s above average in our league it’s only due to how piss poor the rest are. 

He's had a big run of games for us and as a result got a cap for Scotla d and been included in most Scotland squads. So clearly, on the whole, he's done pretty well.

He's had a bad game today, but that all of a sudden does not make him a poor goalkeeper- especially for a second choice goalkeeper!

1 hour ago, Fejka said:

He was stuck to his line the whole game. Didn’t come for any cross balls. The one time he did come for it he hesitated and then wipe the rangers player out for the penalty. Poor goal keeper.

First we had "the hologram " in Joel P , now we have "the Statue" in Clark.

rudi must stay
Just now, saxondale said:

He's had a big run of games for us and as a result got a cap for Scotla d and been included in most Scotland squads. So clearly, on the whole, he's done pretty well.

He's had a bad game today, but that all of a sudden does not make him a poor goalkeeper- especially for a second choice goalkeeper!

He is no better than Jack Hamilton. The shirt weighs him down

Dennis Reynolds

Made a couple great saves. Made a couple bad mistakes. Average performance for a fairly average keeper. Third of our games have had a clean sheet yet folk want him dropped for a guy they've never seen play and was a pretty pointless signing anyway. Cool.

3 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Spot in on both points.

I actually think keepers should do it more often as I've noticed alot of penalties seem to go straight down the middle (although I'm not 100% sure if there has been an increase, or if I just happened to see more of these cases myself).

He's not a bad keeper, and some of the reactions are over the top. 

However he's been poor and he needs dropped. Shows you where Scotland are from a goalkeeping point of view when he's getting consistently called up. 

11 minutes ago, H2 said:

Can't blame Toby, so another scape goat is found.

Toby was honking. His worst game for us and that's saying something 

The best Scotland manager in a long time thinks he’s Scotland material… I value Clarke’s opinion over the pantwetters on here. He’s human, he made a mistake; that’s it.

56 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He made a great save vs Hibs in the 1-1 game last season 

Fair enough. A real collectors item! 

rudi must stay
Just now, Rory Mcilroy said:

Fair enough. A real collectors item! 

He reminds me of Jack Hamilton makes good saves when the whistle has already gone 

A keeper is only as good as the team in front of him 

And with these shitebsgs inviting sevco on. It was only a matter of time 

57 minutes ago, Regular John said:

He's made quite a few critical errors this season at the point and definitely isn't looking the safe pair of hands when he first came in for Gordon.

I wonder if Gordon readying to come back has impacted his confidence, but if he can't cope with that he's at the wrong club.

44 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Too many brainfarts in the team.....

This week it's Zander....

nearly every game there's one, so pissed off with it....

Was exactly what I was thinking, the closer Gordon is getting to being back the worse Clark is playing.

But people have short memories as it's not so long ago many were thankful we had Clark when Craig got injured.

Brainfarts has been a problem for a few years now but we could rely on Gordon to bail us out of the shit, but not now as we are getting punished nearly every game.  Like you say Zander Clark this week, Toby & Peter last week, so who will it be next week, because somebody will have a brainfart, guaranteed.

Slow and cumbersome as well as being far from the bravest. Not exactly the qualities for a top goalkeeper. We need far better between the sticks and he must be replaced.

Just now, Cambo said:

Slow and cumbersome as well as being far from the bravest. Not exactly the qualities for a top goalkeeper. We need far better between the sticks and he must be replaced.

Lets hope Gordon comes back like he's never been away. 

Does mean when he does retire, we'll need to go back into the transfer market because **** Zander Clark being number 1. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I find it really easy to see why he was stuck at saints so long. 

Embarrassing that we're looking to blame one player. Our squad is full of cowards 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

A keeper is only as good as the team in front of him 

And with these shitebsgs inviting sevco on. It was only a matter of time 

Cruickie for one was more often than not better than the team on front of him. Often a lot better.

2 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Embarrassing that we're looking to blame one player. Our squad is full of cowards 

If you read other threads the blame isn’t being solely put at Zanders door. 

what I said was. It’s easy to see why he was stuck at st Johnstone so long. 

do you agree?

2 hours ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

The first goal was the goal that lost us the game, team collapsed after that went in. Never looked like was going to get anywhere near it, crazy tackle as the Rangers boy was just going to knock out of play.

Yip. Hadnt troubled us until this daft decision. Just cant understand what he was thinking

23 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I actually think keepers should do it more often as I've noticed alot of penalties seem to go straight down the middle (although I'm not 100% sure if there has been an increase, or if I just happened to see more of these cases myself).

I'm to old to do all the detailed stats things though I have a friend who's a league keeper. 

He was saying the xg for a down the middle pen is 8.8 so that's a goal 88 times out 100 (apparently)

Jambo in Yorkshire
29 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Spot in on both points.

There was no way the pen was going down the middle, Tavernier would look stupid if he did and Clark saves it.

Penalty taker picks a side on his next kick, not too many instances where 2 in a row go down the middle.

I appreciate its bluff and double bluff but I reckon Clark overthought it.

3 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I'm to old to do all the detailed stats things though I have a friend who's a league keeper. 

He was saying the xg for a down the middle pen is 8.8 so that's a goal 88 times out 100 (apparently)

But what’s the xg for a penalty? Must be close to .9 if not more. Even when a keeper saves it’s generally reported as a miss not a save.. in that situation keepers are damned if they do damned if they don’t!

55 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

McGovern in between the sticks for Motherwell away, please.

Gordon in against Motherwell away please. We need to see if he's going to get over his injury sooner or later. A new keeper in January along with an experienced RB please! 

Christ just raid St Mirren. O'Hara, Baccus and Strain instantly improve our starting 11. All signed on a free by them too. 

7 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Interesting. I have seen a couple sources point to a lower probability generally of scoring a penalty than that, so that could well give some credence to expecting a penalty down the middle. 

5 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Interesting. I have seen a couple sources point to a lower probability generally of scoring a penalty than that, so that could well give some credence to expecting a penalty down the middle. 

I've always thought on a hight pressure pen, sav a pen shoot out or a pen taken by someone who's not a usual,taker it's more likely to get leathered down,the middle, my anecdotal feeling on this occasion.

33 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was exactly what I was thinking, the closer Gordon is getting to being back the worse Clark is playing.

But people have short memories as it's not so long ago many were thankful we had Clark when Craig got injured.

Brainfarts has been a problem for a few years now but we could rely on Gordon to bail us out of the shit, but not now as we are getting punished nearly every game.  Like you say Zander Clark this week, Toby & Peter last week, so who will it be next week, because somebody will have a brainfart, guaranteed.

Could actually have a raffle, for who's next for a brainfart...

If we could cut them out, what difference that would make. 

Night and day!!!

10 minutes ago, JP Morgan said:

But what’s the xg for a penalty? Must be close to .9 if not more. Even when a keeper saves it’s generally reported as a miss not a save.. in that situation keepers are damned if they do damned if they don’t!

Think it varies, top bottom corners, left foot right foot I'm no into all hat too much.

41 minutes ago, OTT said:

Lets hope Gordon comes back like he's never been away. 

Does mean when he does retire, we'll need to go back into the transfer market because **** Zander Clark being number 1. 

The worry I have about Gordon is not just the physical fitness it's the mental side too. A nagging doubt if he goes into a save he's thinks he might pick up a big injury again.