• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

• Dazo

• rudi must stay

7 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Think it varies, top bottom corners, left foot right foot I'm no into all hat too much.

Surely those don’t affect the xg? Isn’t it as simple as what percentage of penalties are scored? Or am I missing something?

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Agree clarke is pish, but shankland to blame as well for giving away the ball for first?

He said he was well up for it. If that's his best effort he can go

2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

The worry I have about Gordon is not just the physical fitness it's the mental side too. A nagging doubt if he goes into a save he's thinks he might pick up a big injury again.

Yeah, I watched Ben Fosters podcast when he was talking about his decision to retire from Wrexham and he was specifically talking about seeing the ball coming in and physically not being able to move his feet quickly enough - this was a keeper that spent his entire career playing English top flight football struggling at League 2 level. I think he'd said it was always something he would just naturally do, so the issue was more to do with his body not being able to do what his mind wants to. 

The flip side is Gigi Buffon going on to 45, so hopefully Foster was just being a pussy :D Suppose we won't know until we do with Gordon 😕 -  I think he'll come back the same player. Wouldn't bet against him anyway!! But it is still a worry. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Cruickie for one was more often than not better than the team on front of him. Often a lot better.

He certainly was but the team in they days was middle of the league stuff aswell with Cruikshank having lots to do 

That's 3 penalties in 2 games against Rangers all due to really bad errors by Sibbick, Haring and now Clark. In each case there was absolutely no need to make the challenge.

That said, Clark is not a bad goalkeeper - and quite frankly there are much bigger issues with other areas of the team.

Got to say, he looked extremely suspect when giving away the rangers  penalty, no need to make that challenge on Danilo, the ball looked like it was going out of play all day long. 

Having said that he did make a few decent saves throughout the match, but it annoys me that he always seems to have a brainfart in him by nature.

If Craig Gordon was in goals today, we don't concede that penalty imo.

He's no pish. He's just no Craig Gordon. He's been decent for us but he does make too many errors. Would've been nice if he got his shorts dirty today. 

Pasquale for King

Hes not up to the job of even being a back, poor in every aspect of the game and was available for a reason. It maybe a good time to sell him on, with his first and last Scotland cap. Could say he’s needing games once CG is back. 

How many direct free kicks does he let in? Off the top of my head I count 6 in less than a year, it’s probably more. I

said to my mate just before the 3rd that if it’s on target it’s a goal 

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's no pish. He's just no Craig Gordon. He's been decent for us but he does make too many errors. Would've been nice if he got his shorts dirty today. 

Excluding Gordon and Niemi, which Hearts keepers have been better in the recent past?

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, JP Morgan said:

Excluding Gordon and Niemi, which Hearts keepers have been better in the recent past?

Anthony Basso

34 minutes ago, JP Morgan said:

Rousset, Kello, Alexander, McLaughlin, MacDonald? 

Edited by Cruyff

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, JP Morgan said:

Alexander, McLaughlin, Kello. Just because hes as bad as far too many recently doesn’t make him any good. Could you list his strengths, and name some great saves thats hes made to counter balance the numerous glaring errors and poor decisions that aren’t so obvious. 

Watching the game today, I said to my girlfriend that if Tavernier gets the free kick on target there is a 95% chance it's a goal because Zander ******* Clark will do his statue impersonation... He didn't just do his statue impersonation but he decided to step closer to the middle of the goal before Tavernier even took the free kick. ZC then did the most wonderful statue impersonation that might well deserve an Academy Award - shame he didn't do the stupid falling over thing he does! ZC lost us that game today. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

3 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

A keeper is only as good as the team in front of him 

And with these shitebsgs inviting sevco on. It was only a matter of time 

This.... 

Now that I’ve seen the penalty incident back, yeah it is a shocker from him. Complete and utter fud thinking he’d get that ball cleanly. He was a week f****** late.

Sitting in the corner today right behind most of his kicks and I was in shock at how awful those are as well. It’s always arcing out of play, he skewed one clean out at one point.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Watching the game today, I said to my girlfriend that if Tavernier gets the free kick on target there is a 95% chance it's a goal because Zander ******* Clark will do his statue impersonation... He didn't just do his statue impersonation but he decided to step closer to the middle of the goal before Tavernier even took the free kick. ZC then did the most wonderful statue impersonation that might well deserve an Academy Award - shame he didn't do the stupid falling over thing he does! ZC lost us that game today. 

Everyone could see that happening apart from him, it was the only place he was going.

It also didn’t need Sherlock Holmes to work out where his penalty was going, 3 in a week hes not got anywhere close to, one the week before also.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Now that I’ve seen the penalty incident back, yeah it is a shocker from him. Complete and utter fud thinking he’d get that ball cleanly. He was a week f****** late.

Sitting in the corner today right behind most of his kicks and I was in shock at how awful those are as well. It’s always arcing out of play, he skewed one clean out at one point.

His kicking has always been poor, the one right out the park from a dead ball was also nowhere near any teammate. 

south morocco
4 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Very similar toZlamals against Celtic in the final. Looked like the rangers player was going down before they made contact. Biased obviously. 

7 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Very similar toZlamals against Celtic in the final. Looked like the rangers player was going down before they made contact. Biased obviously. 

Yes - it was similar in the sense that in both cases the attacking player was going nowhere so there was absolutely no need to make the challenge - although in the case of Zlamal it was questionable whether there was actually any contact. But the bottom line is these types of incidents are rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my view) usually given as penalties.

15 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Almost without fail every bye kick was a wide slice aimed at Tony Sibbick who absolutely hates heading the ball.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I agree with this. He is a good number 2.  He just isn't our number 1.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Very much so, don’t think there was any contact with that ***** Eduoard though. Zlamal also went the right way and should have saved the penalty, unlike Clark. 

12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s hardly an awful goalkeeper or an imposter ffs.  He was signed as back up for Gordon.

had a few good saves but the usual brain fart unfortunately.

the first goal was actually from the passage of play from Shanklands awful pass which put us in all sorts of trouble.

Well said. 

Again all the experts criticising Zanders capabilities have probably never played a proper game of 11s or wore a pair of goalie mits before. 

The lad had an off day yesterday, he'll look back and wish he didn't make the decisions he made, it certainly doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper.

Never moved at the penalty and took a step to the right and couldn’t react to the free kick , the same thing he done when nisbet scored against him at tynecastle, far too many mistakes in him .

Clark is a good Scottish premiership keeper. He's had plenty good performances and important saves as well. Including yesterday, first half.

Is he perfect, no. But he's miles better than some other keepers we've had. You'd not replace him with many number 1s from other Scottish clubs. 

Whole teams been inconsistent but find jumping on Clark a bit of a weird one. 

Unlike Pereira, zlamal and players like that, had we had a different keeper in for these games it still wouldn't have changed the results imo.

11 hours ago, DS98 said:

How many direct free kicks does he let in? Off the top of my head I count 6 in less than a year, it’s probably more. I

said to my mate just before the 3rd that if it’s on target it’s a goal 

Said the same to my boy as soon as they lined it up. Exactly the same as Nisbet's last season.

32 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

Never moved at the penalty and took a step to the right and couldn’t react to the free kick , the same thing he done when nisbet scored against him at tynecastle, far too many mistakes in him .

He's made a guess Tavernier would go down the middle again. He didn't. 

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Well said. 

Again all the experts criticising Zanders capabilities have probably never played a proper game of 11s or wore a pair of goalie mits before. 

The lad had an off day yesterday, he'll look back and wish he didn't make the decisions he made, it certainly doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper.

Selling the jerseys yet again certainly doesnt make him a good goalkeeper.

13 hours ago, JP Morgan said:

The best Scotland manager in a long time thinks he’s Scotland material… I value Clarke’s opinion over the pantwetters on here. He’s human, he made a mistake; that’s it.

Steve Clarke gave Paul Hanlon a cap. You value his opinion on that one?

Apart from being a decent shot stopper, which you would think is fundamental if you are employed as a professional goalkeeper, Zander is poor at everything else. His kicks from hand or ground are terrible, he is hesitant, doesn't command his box, poor at crosses, can't punch a ball, poor decision maker, not alert to spaces for a quick throw or kick.

Basically he's not a good keeper and shouldn't be our number 1 

10 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

Statue impersonation at the penalty as well.

52 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Selling the jerseys yet again certainly doesnt make him a good goalkeeper.

Were you at Hampden when Gilles Rousset sold the jerseys ?  (Nutmeg)

Were you at Parkhead when Craig Gordon sold the jerseys. (Threw the ball in the net, last minute)

Just now, dannymack said:

Were you at Parkhead when Craig Gordon sold the jerseys. (Threw the ball in the net, last minute)

Yep. Did either of them sell the jerseys on a regular basis? No.  Pereira did.  And Clarke does.

14 hours ago, MrBones said:

Toby was honking. His worst game for us and that's saying something 

But still much more positive than your contribution.

5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Yep. Did either of them sell the jerseys on a regular basis? No.  Pereira did.  And Clarke does.

Okay then 👌🏻 

I don't think he's progressing, just staying the same level.

He is so shit at penalties. Embarrassingly shit. Does he ever try and dive, even if it's the wrong way? Just seems to stand there and shrug. Even worse with their free kick. What does he do in training? Do they even practise penalties? Not good with coming for crosses either.

How much of it is down to training and quality of coaches versus just having shit players.

Berra than you
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

The whole set up for the free kick looked wrong and I could see that from over 100 metres away. 

They way he sets up his wall/positions himself for free kicks is genuinely woeful. The Strain free kick last season, sets up his wall to cover one side, then stands so far over to the other that he's no chance of saving it if it does go over the wall. That's exactly what happened. 

The one against Hibs last season, sets his wall up the same way, covers the other side, then just as it's being it, steps back to the middle. Nesbit goes bottom corner of the side Clark was covering, and he gets nowhere close to it.

The one yesterday was exactly the same, he covered the side the wall wasn't, then steps central and just doesn't move for the ball. 

I'm sure there is more but his positioning is costing us goals. The one yesterday didn't even look like it was top corner 

If we never had a GK of big Craigy's calibre then Zander would be in our top 5. 

Trouble is we do. Nobody will be good enough until the day CG retires and we can't judge them against him.  

I could see Craig making the same error for the penalty tbh, but I think he saves the second and third. No way Tavernier is getting the ball up and down over the wall.

Not Clark’s best day, but he’s a decent goalie.

Clark is solid for the most part but was at fault yesterday, no need to make the challenge for the penalty. He isn't my main irk though, a man less would have been more effective than Sibbick at right back. He is horrific both going forward and defensively. Constantly skinned, offers nothing offensively and never closes a cross down. You are as well playing with 10 men. At one point in the first half we had the ball in the middle and it was crying out for the full back to get up the line and get the ball. He stood still just over the half way line offering nothing. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Serge said:

Steve Clarke gave Paul Hanlon a cap. You value his opinion on that one?

Apart from being a decent shot stopper, which you would think is fundamental if you are employed as a professional goalkeeper, Zander is poor at everything else. His kicks from hand or ground are terrible, he is hesitant, doesn't command his box, poor at crosses, can't punch a ball, poor decision maker, not alert to spaces for a quick throw or kick.

Basically he's not a good keeper and shouldn't be our number 1 

Spot on, he gave Liam Kelly a cap too who also continually makes mistakes. The choice of GKs for the national team is slim with CG injured. 

The trouble with Clark is he never makes great saves, or even good saves for that matter. He’ll makes the bog-standard ones which really should be a given but I’ve never left a game thinking ‘what a save that was by Zander’. He doesn’t have the ‘WOW’ saves in his locker. Essentially that type of goalie will never win you points. 

And now coupled with the fact that he’s making a big mistake every other game it’s starting to look very bleak. 

3 hours ago, dannymack said:

I don’t think that’s really the argument here though is it? Zander has probably made more mistakes this season alone than Gordon has made in his 25 year career. 

17 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Got to say, he looked extremely suspect when giving away the rangers  penalty, no need to make that challenge on Danilo, the ball looked like it was going out of play all day long. 

Having said that he did make a few decent saves throughout the match, but it annoys me that he always seems to have a brainfart in him by nature.

If Craig Gordon was in goals today, we don't concede that penalty imo.

Craig has also conceded a penalty similar to Clark's.

Psychedelicropcircle

At fault for all three goals yesterday, static for two. Taking his position for granted needs dropped.