• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Carter

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

so spend beyond our fiscal policy?

we may be able to to pay a new managers (and coaches) wages - but will they then accept that money has to be funded from the playing budget and ergo their scope for bringing players in is limited - and they may not be able to bring in who they want.

this could be the reason why Cifuentes / foreign managers / proven managers won't come here. Maybe explains why kettlewell, mcinnes, wright, mckay, robinson stay on the merry go round in scotland as they accept the score.?

It might be, it might not, but neither you or I know. Therein lies the problem, we the owners are kept in the dark about the circumstances regarding the most important appointment OUR business makes. You also make the assumption that Cifuentes and others won't come. Again we don't know that, they must have an idea as to the salary we are offering and as Ann Budge said at an AGM a few years ago it is not a disaster to go slightly over budget. A good coach would improve players thereby increasing their transfer value which is the point of half of our signings. Name one player who has improved over the past 3 years. Most in fact have gone backwards. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, but fear of taking even a small risk is killing us.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, May one-six said:

Proving that self praise is no praise: Exhibit A.

That doesn’t change the fact I voted for Marti  😎

Plus that was AFTER the appointment had been made, when as a fan you’ve got to back your club, once decisions been made

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely.  He is the best candidate by far in our price range. 

Derek McInnes? If so I suspect you're right. Games like yesterday are always going to be extremely difficult. The minimum expectation should be that we give them a really tough assignment and if their quality prevails in the end you have to accept it. The game being over inside 4 minutes just isn't acceptable. This was a feature if the Neilson regime too so it's by no means squarely on Naismith.

If you take the two games that Kilmarnock win against Celtic and Rangers earlier this season. Clean sheets in both games. Therefore not early shit the bed stuff in either game and the gameplan remains alive. That's now 10 consecutive defeats against Celtic and 3 wins against them in the last 45 meetings. That is utterly pathetic and clearly runs much deeper than Naismith.

Inability to make a contest of a game involving better opposition has been evident for years now. It needs to be addressed. It seems to me to be a failure of organisation as much as anything. McInnes may not excite some fans but he would have us better organised than the current Head Coach and his predecessor. 

52 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

“Suitable” candidates intrigues me?

I wonder if that’s based on their preferred type or what a club like Hearts should have?   People are fast questioning the judgement of the people at the top of the club. 

Weren’t MANY candidates ? How many ?

Suitable - what was the criteria ?

Did we approach ANYONE ourselves for the 3rd biggest job in Scottish football ?

Did anyone at any time ask the question ‘what about McInnes’ ? If they did why was he ruled out ?

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, Lightbulb said:

Indeed - a clear out of the arseholes who frequent kickback calling for everyones head because we lost a game. As others have commented...Get real !

We have lost a game? Are you serious? We are going nowhere and people like you are part of the problem. Unfecking believable.

6 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

So who sacks the board then appoints a new board?🤔

The owners of the club, like any other business would do 

I don't expect us to win against the old firm, a draw against them is a surprising result. Yes we never showed up on Sunday however with what we have we should be more than capable of achieving third. Our expectation has to be high against all the other teams in the league but if we continually drop points to them then our shortcomings will be laid bare for all to see. We have to be third or challenging seriously for third every single season. If we can't do that then I along with every other Hearts supporter will demand change.

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That doesn’t change the fact I voted for Marti  😎

Plus that was AFTER the appointment had been made, when as a fan you’ve got to back your club, once decisions been made

Still, I think you should let others have their say on matters going forward 😉

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Weren’t MANY candidates ? How many ?

Suitable - what was the criteria ?

Did we approach ANYONE ourselves for the 3rd biggest job in Scottish football ?

Let’s be honest, Joe Savages contact list of managers:

1. Alex Neil

We will go in strong for Neil when he gets sacked from Stoke IMO, which won’t be long at all with them 20th despite a big budget.

Really it was always the logical end point of the Joe Savage sporting directorship, his whole career exists because of Neils previous successes, so hopefully it happens this season and we can bring this phase of the club to a conclusion either success or failure, and they’ll all live and die by the outcome of Neil. Really that’s what I think will happen. With stokes league position I think it starts to look more and more likely 

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Why would the board start panicking when we have a waiting list of 7 thousand might even be up towards 10 thousand now..👀

Did anyone really believe this apart from Aberdeen fans? :lol: 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

1. Alex Neil

We will go in strong for Neil when he gets sacked from Stoke IMO, which won’t be long at all with them 20th despite a big budget.

Really it was always the logical end point of the Joe Savage sporting directorship, his whole career exists because of Neils previous successes, so hopefully it happens this season and we can bring this phase of the club to a conclusion either success or failure, and they’ll all live and die by the outcome of Neil. Really that’s what I think will happen. With stokes league position I think it starts to look more and more likely 

I agree. Said more or less the same thing some pages back. Hopefully things align and the timing is there

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The owners of the club, like any other business would do 

Not quite as straightforward with our set up though. 

3 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

It might be, it might not, but neither you or I know. Therein lies the problem, we the owners are kept in the dark about the circumstances regarding the most important appointment OUR business makes. You also make the assumption that Cifuentes and others won't come. Again we don't know that, they must have an idea as to the salary we are offering and as Ann Budge said at an AGM a few years ago it is not a disaster to go slightly over budget. A good coach would improve players thereby increasing their transfer value which is the point of half of our signings. Name one player who has improved over the past 3 years. Most in fact have gone backwards. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, but fear of taking even a small risk is killing us.

indeed - it's conjecture - but perhaps a factor as to why some candidates aren't offered the role? Some on here have a view that the recruitment process is very straightforward and candidates aren't brought in because someone in the club might not like them.

Cifuentes / others will absolutely know the ball park wage on offer for the role - but not the finer detail around player / playing budgets - hence a possibility of it being sticking point and not being selected (as they'd want more budget to compete). In terms of the fans being included in that finer detail (specifics on budgets / certain reasons for candidates being rejected) I don't think thats going to happen as that gives agents, others clubs the detail on our finances.

a little bit of risk taking is fine as you say - we might've already done that by bringing in Oda, Tagawa, the Hoff ?

where is that fine line of financial risk drawn? £100k....£300k....£1m? slippery slope to being the gambling addict and losing control.

We took a calculated risk on Kio - £400k ish? I believe we were fortunate to recoup that - but not the same with Damour's wages. 

FWIW I think it is time for our next manager to be from overseas - if only to tick that off the list of types of managers we've tried (Stendel experiment excepted)  - and see how that goes. (changing the board I don't think makes a difference - their remit is to provide a competitive budget to the manager which they do).

2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Not quite as straightforward with our set up though. 

We’re not sacking the board anyway. All it needs is a couple of ‘football administrators’ to take the car keys off the teenage drivers.

47 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

😂 does anyone ever go away and search through the forum to give specific examples?! 

FWIW I’m not disagreeing with the points made. I’m agree it’s awful and I said myself that whilst I don’t expect to win these games I expect us to be competitive which Sunday we weren’t even close to being.

The board have made errors however if anything they’ve been caught trying to crowd please instead of making a difficult decision. Whether it was your choice or not Naismith was a popular decision amongst most fans. To me it sounds like they were trying to give the fans what they wanted however failed to do the due diligence and understand what that would look like until they were too far down the line with the decision.

Neilson had to go as he was making the same mistakes and hadn’t learned from them. However no one can tell me that either of his spells weren’t successful in what is realistic for us to do. The issues were that he was criticised continuously through that spell both when we were doing well and when we faltered, mainly down to his style of play.

I was always expecting us to struggle whoever we brought in this year as we would need to change up. The issue I feel with Naismith is we’re not really doing that yet we’re still struggling.

We play a style of football which os too predictable and struggles against teams who pass and move quickly or teams who sit back, which is the majority of the league. 

Absolutely.  The common sense decision after Neilson was fired was to hire McInnes. Only manager in the country with a better track record than Neilson outwith the OF managers. However that would have been a difficult decision for them to make as a chunk of our fans wouldn’t have been happy. Instead they went with the in-house candidate that fans forums were for some reason wanting in the job despite him having no first team management experience and also didn’t have the qualifications to manage in Europe. Couldn’t make it up.  Scottish football was laughing at us almost as much as they were four months after we hired Cathro. 

9 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

indeed - it's conjecture - but perhaps a factor as to why some candidates aren't offered the role? Some on here have a view that the recruitment process is very straightforward and candidates aren't brought in because someone in the club might not like them.

Cifuentes / others will absolutely know the ball park wage on offer for the role - but not the finer detail around player / playing budgets - hence a possibility of it being sticking point and not being selected (as they'd want more budget to compete). In terms of the fans being included in that finer detail (specifics on budgets / certain reasons for candidates being rejected) I don't think thats going to happen as that gives agents, others clubs the detail on our finances.

a little bit of risk taking is fine as you say - we might've already done that by bringing in Oda, Tagawa, the Hoff ?

where is that fine line of financial risk drawn? £100k....£300k....£1m? slippery slope to being the gambling addict and losing control.

We took a calculated risk on Kio - £400k ish? I believe we were fortunate to recoup that - but not the same with Damour's wages. 

FWIW I think it is time for our next manager to be from overseas - if only to tick that off the list of types of managers we've tried (Stendel experiment excepted)  - and see how that goes. (changing the board I don't think makes a difference - their remit is to provide a competitive budget to the manager which they do).

You improve the players which increases the transfer value, that being the case going over by £1 million is fine by me. It's also going to be very interesting to see what the accounts tell us when published. That will say a lot. If for arguments sake we are sitting with £2 million in the bank it shows just how unambitious the Board are in appointing SN. It also doesn't help if they continually make the wrong appointments, give 3 year extensions to 3 contracts. That also digs away at the budget. No matter how you put it, the Board are responsible for this ongoing shambles and that is what it is. Everyone rightly criticised RN for making the same mistakes over and over again and never learning from them, but that is exactly what our Board are doing. I totally agree re bringing a foreign coach with fresh ideas and would also allow him to bring in his own people including a fitness coach. McInnes would do none of that, he would get us better organised but we should be looking for more than that.

Edited by Nerja Jambo

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely.  The common sense decision after Neilson was fired was to hire McInnes. Only manager in the country with a better track record than Neilson outwith the OF managers. However that would have been a difficult decision for them to make as a chunk of our fans wouldn’t have been happy. Instead they went with the in-house candidate that fans forums were for some reason wanting in the job despite him having no first team management experience and also didn’t have the qualifications to manage in Europe. Couldn’t make it up.  Scottish football was laughing at us almost as much as they were four months after we hired Cathro. 

Would you take McInnes in place for Rangers on Sunday?

Appreciate that you are not suggesting that was your preferred option in the summer but would it be the common sense decision right now? Would he come in with a presence and authority and immediately get far more from the squad?

42 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Agreed mate. Those who have the dubious hat-trick of backing Levein too long, backing Neilson too long and then accepting the Naismith setup this summer should be docked loyalty points, forced to attend Livvy and Killie away and do 100 hours community service painting the bedroom walls maroon and white in the new hotel.

You've either got it or you haven't.   :sweeet:

What’s my sentence? I backed Levein too long, I backed Neilson too long, but I didn’t want Naismith. I’m asking for leniency😂😂

15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

1. Alex Neil

We were nowhere near affording him in the summer.  Needs a Stoke pay-off to make any sense and even then he doesn’t want to return to Scotland outside his beloved Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What’s my sentence? I backed Levein too long, I backed Neilson too long, but I didn’t want Naismith. I’m asking for leniency😂😂

Unless you championed McInnes when everyone else was turning their nose up at him, you’re going away for a very long time. It’s folk like you ……… etc etc 😂

31 minutes ago, Carter said:

Derek McInnes? If so I suspect you're right. Games like yesterday are always going to be extremely difficult. The minimum expectation should be that we give them a really tough assignment and if their quality prevails in the end you have to accept it. The game being over inside 4 minutes just isn't acceptable. This was a feature if the Neilson regime too so it's by no means squarely on Naismith.

If you take the two games that Kilmarnock win against Celtic and Rangers earlier this season. Clean sheets in both games. Therefore not early shit the bed stuff in either game and the gameplan remains alive. That's now 10 consecutive defeats against Celtic and 3 wins against them in the last 45 meetings. That is utterly pathetic and clearly runs much deeper than Naismith.

Inability to make a contest of a game involving better opposition has been evident for years now. It needs to be addressed. It seems to me to be a failure of organisation as much as anything. McInnes may not excite some fans but he would have us better organised than the current Head Coach and his predecessor. 

👍

Just having a look at next weekends fixtures and if all the results go against us we could be in 9th place next week at this time. 

6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Would you take McInnes in place for Rangers on Sunday?

Appreciate that you are not suggesting that was your preferred option in the summer but would it be the common sense decision right now? Would he come in with a presence and authority and immediately get far more from the squad?

Absolutely, and I wouldn’t care much about Sunday but he would give us a better chance the following Sunday. Anyway that’s short term, give him two months to look at our squad and then some money to spend in January and I’d be very surprised if we didn’t finish third. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We were nowhere near affording him in the summer.  Needs a Stoke pay-off to make any sense and even then he doesn’t want to return to Scotland outside his beloved Celtic. 

😂 He’s not EVER getting anywhere near the Celtic job and he knows it. He’s made a mess at Stoke so far  and he’ll not last much longer. And he won’t get a better immediate offer than Hearts. Assuming we find the baws to pay him enough.

Frankly I’d prefer McInnes for half the money Neil would cost 

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Granted as you are a good egg. You are excused any away fixtures on plastic pitches and only need work room service night shift on Valentine's Day at Tynie Lodgings.

3 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

You improve the players which increases the transfer value, that being the case going over by £1 million is fine by me. It's also going to be very interesting to see what the accounts tell us when published. That will say a lot. If for arguments sake we are sitting with £2 million in the bank it shows just how unambitious the Board are in appointing SN. It also doesn't help if they continually make the wrong appointments, give 3 year extensions to 3 contracts. That also digs away at the budget. No matter how you put it, the Board are responsible for this ongoing shambles and that is what it is. Everyone rightly criticised RN for making the same mistakes over and over again and never learning from them, but that is exactly what our Board are doing.  

suspect thats the hope (increasing player value) - by now bringing in younger players with potential (Rowles, Devlin, Atkinson, Oda, Tagawa, The Hoff, Beni). And the hope will be that over a season some of those guys hit a purple patch and get sold for decent money. 

After Sunday's result, all the players are shite and worth peanuts. But conversely a winning streak changes that view - all on here obviously - we had someone on here I'm sure suggesting we find a million to buy Lowry permanently. 

it will be interesting to see he accounts. I think there was an announcement as well regarding the euro windfall money that not all of that would be spent immediately - with some held back to give us extra transfer money for a further 1-2 years.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Unless you championed McInnes when everyone else was turning their nose up at him, you’re going away for a very long time. It’s folk like you ……… etc etc 😂

I did M’lord - check my posts. We should have hired him instead of Neilson second time round. 

A_A wehatethehibs
47 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Agreed mate. Those who have the dubious hat-trick of backing Levein too long, backing Neilson too long and then accepting the Naismith setup this summer should be docked loyalty points, forced to attend Livvy and Killie away and do 100 hours community service painting the bedroom walls maroon and white in the new hotel.

You've either got it or you haven't.   :sweeet:

Still can’t comprehend how we kept Levein for fully 9-10 months past his sell by. That to me will always be the most baffling of recent times, Ann had just completely relied on him.

With Robbie it was splitting hairs, maybe could’ve gone a week or 2 earlier but he’d earned some right to turn it round… but Levein literally shouldve gone in Feb 2019 after Livi 5-0 but somehow lasted the best part of a year, the pre-Stendel relegation form run was allowed to go for about 50 odd games. Absolutely crazy 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

😂 He’s not EVER getting anywhere near the Celtic job and he knows it. He’s made a mess at Stoke so far  and he’ll not last much longer. And he won’t get a better immediate offer than Hearts. Assuming we find the baws to pay him enough.

It’s all about what he believes he is capable of.  Also family settled in England for a long time now. Tens of jobs within commute distance of family home. Most of them pay more than us, even some of the league 2 clubs.  

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Granted as you are a good egg. You are excused any away fixtures on plastic pitches and only need work room service night shift on Valentine's Day at Tynie Lodgings.

Seems fair👍

Edited by soonbe110

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

suspect thats the hope (increasing player value) - by now bringing in younger players with potential (Rowles, Devlin, Atkinson, Oda, Tagawa, The Hoff, Beni). And the hope will be that over a season some of those guys hit a purple patch and get sold for decent money. 

After Sunday's result, all the players are shite and worth peanuts. But conversely a winning streak changes that view - all on here obviously - we had someone on here I'm sure suggesting we find a million to buy Lowry permanently. 

it will be interesting to see he accounts. I think there was an announcement as well regarding the euro windfall money that not all of that would be spent immediately - with some held back to give us extra transfer money for a further 1-2 years.

The accounts should published shortly as the AGM is usually just before Xmas.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Still can’t comprehend how we kept Levein for fully 9-10 months past his sell by. That to me will always be the most baffling of recent times, Ann had just completely relied on him.

With Robbie it was splitting hairs, maybe could’ve gone a week or 2 earlier but he’d earned some right to turn it round… but Levein literally shouldve gone in Feb 2019 after Livi 5-0 but somehow lasted the best part of a year, the pre-Stendel relegation form run was allowed to go for about 50 odd games. Absolutely crazy 

I said to him at ht yesterday that I would rather he was in the dugout for second half than the current manager. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Lightbulb said:

Indeed - a clear out of the arseholes who frequent kickback calling for everyones head because we lost a game. As others have commented...Get real !

:rofl:

It's not just about one game. 

Surely that must be obvious?

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I said to him at ht yesterday that I would rather he was in the dugout for second half than the current manager. 

What response did that receive? 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yea we were obv not affording him when he’s in post in a £20k a week job preparing for a season. 

But if he’s sacked? That’s totally different. I think he would view the Hearts job as his best / only possible slim option of shop windowing himself for the sellick job, if that’s what he eventually wants. Certainly no chance of that now with the way it’s gone at Stoke so he would need to rebuild himself somewhere. I think he’d view Hearts as ideal chance to do that and stay in the game. Because when you’re sacked as a manager there’s always the risk that’s you out of the game and often that becomes permanent 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

1. Alex Neil

Really it was always the logical end point of the Joe Savage sporting directorship, his whole career exists because of Neils previous successes, so hopefully it happens this season and we can bring this phase of the club to a conclusion either success or failure, and they’ll all live and die by the outcome of Neil. Really that’s what I think will happen. With stokes league position I think it starts to look more and more 

Christ,  he spent £20m on transfers this season including around £5m on 2 players and  has Stoke in a relegation battle.

What are we basing the expectations of Neil being a success,  Hamilton about ten years ago?

His salary is also around £1 5m so any pay of will be substantial.

Is he coming to us for £150k a year?

Not sure why there is a hard on for him by some on here.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 hours ago, Lightbulb said:

Still waiting for your moment   :drummer:

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yea we were obv not affording him when he’s in post in a £20k a week job preparing for a season. 

But if he’s sacked? That’s totally different. I think he would view the Hearts job as his best / only possible slim option of shop windowing himself for the sellick job, if that’s what he eventually wants. Certainly no chance of that now with the way it’s gone at Stoke so he would need to rebuild himself somewhere. I think he’d view Hearts as ideal chance to do that and stay in the game. Because when you’re sacked as a manager there’s always the risk that’s you out of the game and often that becomes permanent 

Celtic don’t hire Hearts managers. He needs to be doing well in England, preferably in epl to have any chance of Parkhead job.  He is still a young manager so has time on his side. If he gets sacked at Stoke there will be clubs falling over themselves to hire him down south. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Christ,  he spent £20m on transfers this season including around £5m on 2 players and  has Stoke in a relegation battle.

What are we basing the expectations of Neil being a success,  Hamilton about ten years ago?

Not sure why there is a hard on for him by some on here.

We will be paying a lot more than £150k pa but it still wouldn’t be enough.  McInnes wouldn’t look at us if we offered him that amount.  Billy Bowie will be paying him a bit more than that just now. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Not sure why there is a hard in for him by some on here.

I don’t personally have huge expectations of success, but I certainly prefer the Neil appointment to a number of others. Including the one we’ve made

It’s one of those where, with the level he’s been at, experience he’s gained, bringing that back into the Scottish league in a totally different context could make for a strong appointment. Obviously it’s not worked at Stoke which gives us an opportunity. But there is a much longer record there where he’s done a lot and had a number of good seasons. He’s had that longevity which tells you there is something they’re inherently good about his personality, he’s liked by players who’ve worked with him. 

Just as Mcinnes failure at Barnsley gave Aberdeen the opportunity, and he went on to deliver a lot of success. Neil could be the next appointment like that. I do like that appointment and as I say it’s the logical end point of the Savage directorship 

I heard an interesting interview a few weeks ago about football management and the process of hiring and firing. Basically the first question candidates ask is 'what are the payoff details' as the only guarantee is that they will be sacked at some point. 

Robbie had a good record on paper but the football was turgid and we had followed the same path with him before, great first couple of seasons, although the 21/22 was made easier by having poor opposition for third and we had basically plateaued from the semi-final win against Hibs.

Any manager who was going to use a more attacking style was going to get a good reception and I honestly felt Naismith could be onto something, using Oda more, getting more from Atkinson, but we haven't shown any consistency this season and some of his decisions, lineups, tactics, substitutions have been really strange and not worked. We have become something of a soft club I think, especially when it comes to hiring and firing management/coaches. I'm not one for knee jerk reactions, I don't think this is and it's not based solely on yesterday, but I don't want to wait until nearer the January transfer window before changing the current coaching staff. 

McInnes might get some results but I don't think he's the right guy for long term. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Celtic don’t hire Hearts managers. He needs to be doing well in England, preferably in epl to have any chance of Parkhead job.  He is still a young manager so has time on his side. If he gets sacked at Stoke there will be clubs falling over themselves to hire him down south. 

That’s because we’ve had largely pish managers tho :lol: if we had a good one who built a really great team, and he happened to be a Celtic fan as he is, then who knows. But irrespective of who he’d been a fan of, the guy is a professional manager so a job is a job. And if he could walk in the Hearts job after sacked 20th at Stoke, with his 2 mates Joe and Frankie already here, it just seems to me it’s a shoe that looks like it might fit 

There may be clubs falling over themselves to get him. But it’s not going to be big ones anymore. Think Bradford rather than Leeds. 

Let's be honest about it. As soon as it was announced that Naismith was getting until the end of the season the search for a new manager ceased. 
Everything consequently said by the board / CEO was just lip service, food for the masses.
Constant recurring theme regarding duff appointments continue whilst we have the same people in charge. 
This incompetent board are the biggest problem at the club.
Ironic that Budge wasn't there yesterday

Sinbad the Sailor

We must have some of the worst keyboard warriors in the world. 

Lose to a team:

> who see us as 3rd rivals

> who bring their own ref

> with a mega budget

> no Euro game first

...JKB meltdown.

Usual bingo words Cathro, Levein, Bob, McInnes, Robinson, Wilder, Board etc. etc.

Get real. Even when we had "good" teams we nearly always lost against them bar the odd time.

We all want better ....but stop greetin' and peeing pants. Get behind the team numbskulls. If I read McInnes again my heid will explode. 

10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That’s because we’ve had largely pish managers tho :lol: if we had a good one who built a really great team, and he happened to be a Celtic fan as he is, then who knows. But irrespective of who he’d been a fan of, the guy is a professional manager so a job is a job. And if he could walk in the Hearts job after sacked 20th at Stoke, with his 2 mates Joe and Frankie already here, it just seems to me it’s a shoe that looks like it might fit 

There may be clubs falling over themselves to get him. But it’s not going to be big ones anymore. Think Bradford rather than Leeds. 

Bradford will pay him a lot more than us. They enticed Mark Hughes not that long ago. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Bradford will pay him a lot more than us. They enticed Mark Hughes not that long ago. 

Oh wow they “enticed” mark Hughes how amazing 🤩 he’d been out of a fecking job for 4 years before that nobody wanted him. 

No, a club like that, without any big money owners, spent years in League 2 won’t pay a manager a whole lot more than the likes of Hearts.

Neil won the lottery with the Stoke job.

At Sunderland, he was on circa 7k a week which probably totals around a £400k P/A package. I certainly would not see that sort of money being beyond Hearts. It would be breaking the bank no question. But not impossible. 

• davemclaren locked this topic