Massive clear out required immediately.

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Nive to see them all snapping up the empty seats yesterday 😐

Tbf, a ST averages out at a good price per game. Walk up price for Celtic, to see us get bent over when it's on the telly, not so good. In fact, masochistic type behaviour!  I wouldn't blame folks.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Carter

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

As long as we keep buying tickets and merchandise and ploughing money into FOH, the board will never wake up. 

It's a real shame, it's been years of mismanagement now from the top and I'm absolutely sick of it. 

We should have 3rd locked down every season but here we are meandering along like a Motherwell/Kilmarnock. 

Club is a joke. 

About sums up my feelings. 

Our manager just sat on his arse and looks a beaten man just like the previous guy and the two before them...Club have never had so much income yet don't have the most important position at the club filled with the experience required...They are taking the piss out of us and take the great support for granted.  The ones at the helm are also on a sticky wicket and its time they also where replaced....To not put the footballing department first is unforgivable....

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think we’ve got anything to lose by pulling the trigger on the coaching team. My hope is we have already identified replacements and are ready to go and get them in quickly. 

what will probably happen is Naismith will get more time followed by an interim manager fir 6-8 weeks while the board dither. 

🤔 Just like last time then? 

Fire_At_The_Disco

They all need emptied, the product on the park is horrendous. Fans will be voting with their feet shortly and the season ticket waiting list will dwindle away. I look at yesterday as a day wasted, all the way to Tynie, full of hope for 3 minuets then the realisation we are playing like we’ve been coached by a B team manager and B team assistants. I used to look forward to my day out a the football, but we have become soft and predictable in board structure, coaching staff playing staff. It’s rotten from top to bottom and they don’t seem either interested or capable of fixing it. 

49 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

...cut ties with the entire first team staff and showed some ambition and clear thinking not only could this season be salvaged it could still be a successful one.

Appointing someone experienced, someone with a clear strategy and game plan, who can bring in their own staff and make the changes they want in squad personnel in January would galvanise the support again and give us all some much needed hope, especially before the semi-final. Spend some money and show an intent

this again all points to finance and budget.

the choice is to spend on better players.....or managers / coaches.

we've tried the former for the last 10 years - culminating in splashing out nigh on a mil or two lately? (Kio, Shanks, etc etc)

see my other fag packet maths post, but I think we'd have to deviate from our fiscal policy of spending within our means to bring in an experienced manager - plus their backroom team - plus the players they'd want, plus paying off current staff.

I suspect our stance recently has been to interview such experienced candidates....offer them close to their wage demands.....but then state they'd need to operate within a much lower polaying budget than Neilsen / Naismith has had. And that's probably why they've turned us down. 

Would Cifuentes for example take that challenge on board.....get us cemented in 3rd in the league, get us to one or two cup semi / final appearances......and then pop off to league 1 / a bottom champ side in england. He could do that anyway by getting Hammarby up to 3rd in the league he's in now - and then nick off to England without wasting his time for a year or two in scotland?

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

You have a very low bar of real achievement.

It's also got **** all to do with what is patently obvious on 23rd October 2023 and that their horrific record of footballing decisions really has caught up with them this time. The fans are becoming disinterested and disengaged, they have blown the feel good factor that existed not so long ago and people are voting with their feet. That will soon turn to voting with their wallets which may be our saving grace as we know the bottom line is far more important to these people than anything on the park. 

PS. I was someone who defended Neilson post Cup Final. 

My low bar, revealed.

I think that, in the context of Scottish football, which is so dominated by two clubs who are massively bigger than the rest:

- finishing third in the league is excellent (because it is as good as we could expect)

- finishing fourth is pretty good

- getting to semi-finals and finals is pretty good.

I don't think that is a 'low bar'. Not at all.

For context, in my first twenty seasons watching Hearts (65-66 to 84-85), our best finish was fourth, something we achieved ONCE, (69-70).

We often finished outside the top six, but there was no split in those days so that was less of a benchmark.

(Good to know you defended Neilson post Cup final)

Glamorgan Jambo

The board succumbed to fan pressure and got rid of Neilson

The board then also succumbed to fan pressure and appointed Naismith 

One thing the board doesn’t need to do is to succumb to fan pressure for a third time in less than a year.

They need a proper plan not a reaction.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Just over three years ago, a leading Scottish football team was relegated, arguably unfairly, as a consequence of Scottish football's reaction to the onset of Covid.

Over the successive seasons that team:

- won promotion, winning the Championship comfortably (many of its fans said 'sack the manager')

- finished comfortably third the first season back, a trick the same manager had pulled off in 2016, (many fans said 'sack the manager' just as they had done in 2016)

- also got to the Scottish Cup final that season, managing a 0-0 draw in Glasgow against Rangers in normal time (many fans thought that was rubbish, too)

- played European group football and finished fourth, a close run thing, a season when the manager was actually sacked

Forgive me if I don't always take Hearts fans' opinions seriously.

Anyone who listens to the constant winging of those on here must be seriously depressed. So many factions who have their own petty little agendas to follow nevermind the vermin interlopers.

Their the Budge haters, the Levein haters, the Robbie haters, those who still go on about Cathro, those who wanted McInnes, those who wanted Tommy Wright, those who wanted Wilder, those who wanted Cifuentes, those who want managers who we couldn't afford for a month and those who believe Hearts should be challenging Old firm because some supporters, about 8000 of them, chip on £15 or £20 a month by direct debit. Don't forget about those who just want to be proven as experts and will complain immediately and just wait till we lose a game and suddenly they knew it was going to happen.

The idea you support team has long been abandoned as old fashioned, as Football Manager mentality has taken grip.

No-ones happy with losing to Celtic, nobody is overjoyed at 90 seconds of madness cost us v Hibs but this merry go round has to stop and we need to stick with someone and let him build or we will be changing manager every 3 months.

Won't happen though, too many need to be seen. Just look at the threads. Same folk start a new one every week with the 'i don't want to complain but' chat.

You don't even need to read them, it's the same regurgitated shite as their posts week before.

Rant over, back to work.

1 minute ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

One thing the board doesn’t need to do is to succumb to fan pressure for a third time in less than a year.

Under Neilson the arse fell out of the team and he'd clearly lost the dressing room - rumours that seniors players approached the board. 

Fans weren't given a meaningful alternative option from Naisy, and I think that was deliberate. The board made the call, not the fans. 

Fan pressure begins and ends with a winning team. If Naismith wins the next few games the pressure is off. Just like it lifted after his win at Killie. If he loses it will intensify. Is there not a saying that managers are only ever 3 losses away from the sack? 

1 minute ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Neilson - Correct decision IMO. He had lost the dressing room and had to go. That’s not fan pressure, it’s glaringly obvious internally.

Appointing Naismith. I think they knew the fans would accept it and that greased the wheels. Doesn’t mean it was right. In hindsight it’s horribly wrong

Sacking Naismith. When you’ve got it wrong, correct it. The optics and the red faces don’t matter. Just do it.

Fan pressure has a habit of turning into fan desertion if you don’t listen to it. It’s usually based on what’s happening every week on the pitch and when that’s not good over a period you need to act

Texaco cup veteran
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

Get them to fcuk this morning.

Spot on,we have taken the easy option in appointments to often and are now paying the price.The board need to take hard look at themselves because this shambles cant go on.

1 hour ago, a11ank said:

I agree with you.

All I'm suggesting is that, if we replace Naismith, we shouldn't be looking at the managerial 'swap shop' stuff that already goes on in the SPL!

We need better than that!!!😍

I honestly don't know what our best option would be. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Almost from the start yesterday there was a real lack of belief and passion about us. You MUST have that as a start point playing for Hearts. 

Why is that missing when we’ve got a head coach with ‘passion’ right at the top of his CV as a player ?

When you look at even our top players, which of them do you see on an upward career path (able and determined to play at a higher level) and how many do you see who are in some kind of comfort zone, if you can call underperforming every week a ‘comfort zone’

Our best 8 players.

Halkett made of glass

Gordon nearing the end of the road 

Kent. a good signing who does show passion and looks like he believes in himself

Shankland is miles off what he was last year. Removing him as captain might help 

Beningame. looking like a write off and probably won’t be here much longer 

Devlin. Gives everything every time but he’s limited

Boyce. Another one who gives everything and is such an intelligent player. Must be a reason we don’t know about that he isn’t starting

Cochrane. A shadow of the player who first signed. Doesn’t help himself sometimes and being in and out hasn’t helped but wtf has happened to him ?

Behind that there is a group who either aren’t good enough or if they are, haven’t shown it consistently. Some might be decent. We just don’t know. We don’t actually have that many you can look at and say “shite, needs to leave”

When you’ve got that many decent players producing performances like we’ve seen this season you have to look at the coaching team.

As much as I Iiked Naismith as a player, for his own good and the good of the club, he’s got to go see Savage and McKinley this week and admit he just isn’t ready for this job. He can step back and I’d keep him around but this job is too big for him.

Mcevoy and Forest can go for me too, and we get the experienced head coach (and his own picks) that we should have gone for in the summer. I say that as someone who wanted Naismith given that no one else was publicly in the frame. I’m convinced we didn’t look. We didn’t turn over any heavy stones and do a proper process, that’s for sure because you don’t do that and arrive at Stephen Naismith.

Who next is the question. It’s not a matter for us really. It’s a matter for Savage and McKinley (personally I’d bin Savage as well but that’s not likely) but we have to put serious money on the table this time and we have to do it properly. Then we’re back to ‘is the squad good enough’ questions. I think we’ve got a base to build on but this malaise and comfort zone attitude needs to stop right now or just find another club 

Great post, Jim.

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

Get them to fcuk this morning.

Action is definitely required. This Board led by Ann Budge are now increasingly seen as the problem. Many identified this years ago. We need to move away from what appear to be endlessly easy and convenient decisions as we'll just continue to be confronted with mediocrity or worse.

I saw Jim Jefferies heading to his car after the 4th goal yesterday. Even a legendary club figure couldn't watch the whole episode play out yesterday. The Board must've seen the mass exodus around the stadium yesterday. They must've been aware of the complete absence of atmosphere at the game which is largely down to the perennial loss of the customary goal inside opening 10 minutes of a big game. These players are weak individually and collectively. They've let us down before and they're continuing to do so.

Budge believed we as fans were wrong in seeking removal of Levein. I don't believe the relationship between her and an element of the support has ever been repaired since that point. The return of Neilson merely spoke to her lack of imagination. Haste with which she extended his contract last summer was another huge misjudgment. What's followed in the aftermath of Neilson dismissal has been a complete farce. 

The Board are entirely responsible for this fiasco. There would be latitude extended if it were a poor decision in isolation. Sadly it's anything but isolated. Quite telling wording within the last FoH communication where mention of awareness of pledger sentiment around on field performance was noted. I feared apathy was likely as seen as early as the second home game this season when we lost to Motherwell. I'm now inclined to believe anger and resentment towards the Board may seriously intensify in the weeks ahead. They'll crumble if they feels it's becoming febrile. 

Comfy Fc,

That's what our name should be,

No seriously, 

Thats what we are,

We have become a Jobs for the boys and a family atmosphere circus act,

3 amigos untouchable and they know it,

Budge currently pouring tea and handing oot biscuits as we speak for the boys after a tough game against the league champions.

We are utterly spineless from top to bottom as a club.

Depressing ain't the word for whats happened to this great club 😕 

50 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Our manager just sat on his arse and looks a beaten man just like the previous guy and the two before them...Club have never had so much income yet don't have the most important position at the club filled with the experience required...They are taking the piss out of us and take the great support for granted.  The ones at the helm are also on a sticky wicket and its time they also where replaced....To not put the footballing department first is unforgivable....

It’s time to threaten the board that if nothing is going to change we will suspend FOH payments it’s the only way we will get change

17 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Comfy Fc,

That's what our name should be,

No seriously, 

Thats what we are,

We have become a Jobs for the boys and a family atmosphere circus act,

3 amigos untouchable and they know it,

Budge currently pouring tea and handing oot biscuits as we speak for the boys after a tough game against the league champions.

We are utterly spineless from top to bottom as a club.

Depressing ain't the word for whats happened to this great club 😕 

Budge recruited Mckinlay as a favour.

Mckinlay recruited Savage as a favour.

Savage recruited McCavoy as a favour.

Utterly pathetic.

It all stems from Budge.  She is the issue.  

Her free inflow of cash every month is unconditional and she knows it.

She can do whatever the **** she wants as long as the rimmers keep rimming and the FoH keep throwing money at her.

Even Jambo stalwarts like Locke who I have liked for near 30 years and never had a bad word to say about him are starting to stir the gravy pot from what I hear (getting his mate a lucrative gig).  I don't blame Lockie for this, I have no  doubt he wants what is best for our club but it seems that absolutely everything at the club is kept within inner circles.

It is all a ****ing shambles.  Not an ounce of professionalism or talent behind the scenes and very little on the field and no one at the top seems to give the slightest flying ****.

Not going to lie, I am ****ing hurting like **** and I am very very angry.

Edited by i8hibsh

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Utterly pathetic.

She can do whatever the **** she wants as long as the rimmers keep rimming and the FoH keep throwing money at her.

Even Jambo stalwarts like Locke who I have liked for near 30 years and never had a bad word to say about him are starting to stir the gravy pot from what I hear (getting his mate a lucrative gig).  I don't blame Lockie for this, I have no  doubt he wants what is best for our club but it seems that absolutely everything at the club is kept within inner circles.

It is all a ****ing shambles.  Not an ounce of professionalism or talent behind the scenes and very little on the field and no one at the top seems to give the slightest flying ****.

His mate is running security.

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Help ma Boab, anyone would think we're bottom of the league. Were sitting fourth FFS, lost yesterday to a team conservatively valued at ten times ours, and a referee who called every 50/50 in Celtic's favour.  We have the best squad outside of the old firm. and a manager still learning who's only been in the job for six months. Yesterday's performance defensively was the worst of the season but we have Halkett coming back, and it's a leader at the back, and on the pitch in General that we need most.  If we are in the bottom half come the January transfer window, then I'll be worried if we don't strengthen in those departments. 

Ffs....wake up🙄

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

His mate is running security.

There is a conflict of interest from top to bottom. Everyone is mates at the club and this makes it very hard for truths to be told and arses to be skelped.

Go for it 1308
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Utterly pathetic.

For once...I  💯 percent agree with you.  Club is a f*****g joke from top to bottom 

From what I have been told the only person to tell Budge a few hard truths in her time at the club was a certain German and she did not take kindly to it and he soon left the building.

17 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

It’s time to threaten the board that if nothing is going to change we will suspend FOH payments it’s the only way we will get change

Agreed. Withholding money from any business is the only way they listen. Think back to when we were getting fed up on the transfer of shares and some stopped their DD's in protest  ( I did ), what happened? Suddenly we had a date for the transfer. If supporters only moan on here but are not prepared to do anything, the Board will continue to treat us with contempt.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Without going over old ground we’ve been over dozens of times, Neilson lost the thread and lost the dressing room. When that happens you have to change, no matter the track record before that.

The dressing room still appears lost.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

During Robbies 2 year spell how far did he ever get to in League Cup?I genuinely don't know the answer that's why I'm asking?

His record was shite in the lc.

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think we’ve got anything to lose by pulling the trigger on the coaching team. My hope is we have already identified replacements and are ready to go and get them in quickly. 

what will probably happen is Naismith will get more time followed by an interim manager fir 6-8 weeks while the board dither. 

I can’t see naisy going anywhere before the semi. Atmosphere will be poisonous if we don’t beat livi at home next midweek. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

From what I have been told the only person to tell Budge a few hard truths in her time at the club was a certain German and she did not take kindly to it and he soon left the building.

That would make sense. Nothing to do with team performance or anything but I've never understood why there hasn't been outrage about the ongoing JB Contracts relationship. The optics are and have always been awful despite the attempts to show the necessary at arms lengths narrative and commercial tender guff. 

2 minutes ago, Crabbosfan said:

Get Robbo and Lockey involved both know what Hearts is all about 

Keep them both as far away as possible from this mess for contrasting reasons.

17,000 fans knew they were being served up utter pi*h again yesterday.

But there is nothing we can do about it.

Lack of organisation, leaders and battlers is there for all to see.

And you know it will be more of the same, week after week.

Is there any other manager known for handing the midfield battles over to the opposition like Naismith.

Devlin will be in there on his own against the zombies at Hampden, probably.

Edited by Australis

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Tbf, a ST averages out at a good price per game. Walk up price for Celtic, to see us get bent over when it's on the telly, not so good. In fact, masochistic type behaviour!  I wouldn't blame folks.

A walk up ticket for a game v the OF should come with a complimentary gag ball and safe word.

8 minutes ago, Crabbosfan said:

Get Robbo and Lockey involved both know what Hearts is all about 

As much as I know they have our club in their DNA, for me it needs to be a complete whitewash.  

No jobs for the boys, old guard - a complete blank canvas and see where it takes us.

New, fresh ideas and most importantly ruthless *******s who will not take defeat or any form of soft shit.

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

90%+ on here wanted Cathro

75%+ on here wanted Stendel

75%+ on here wanted Naismith 

if the Board learn any lessons at all they don’t look on here for the next appointment. Or if they do they don’t hire they guy that the majority want. 

How could you possibly know how many on here wanted Cathro etc......?

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Neilson - Correct decision IMO. He had lost the dressing room and had to go. That’s not fan pressure, it’s glaringly obvious internally.

Appointing Naismith. I think they knew the fans would accept it and that greased the wheels. Doesn’t mean it was right. In hindsight it’s horribly wrong

Sacking Naismith. When you’ve got it wrong, correct it. The optics and the red faces don’t matter. Just do it.

Fan pressure has a habit of turning into fan desertion if you don’t listen to it. It’s usually based on what’s happening every week on the pitch and when that’s not good over a period you need to act

it may well be that Neilson had reached the end of the road. You still didn’t need to immediately sack him straight away (in the end results showed that it didn’t affect where we ended the season) A proper plan was needed. Naismith was never part of any proper plan (if he was he’d have had all his coaching qualifications for examples).

Naismith has his buddies in the Hun loving press (remember him stating he didn’t see any point going back to being B team coach) and he used them to apply a bit of extra pressure.

They know which coaches and footballing staff are out there and how much they’d cost. But they need a proper plan. Not a knee jerk.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Section Q said:

How could you possibly know how many on here wanted Cathro etc......?

There was overwhelming support for the appointment, calling it “brave”, and a “statement of intent”, he was welcomed as a messiah as a “highly rated technical coach” that was going to turn us into Barca and take on the OF.

Then Kris Boyd said, this guys got the personality of a plank of wood, took pelters from the Hearts fans but was proved absolutely spot on 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As much as I know they have our club in their DNA, for me it needs to be a complete whitewash.  

No jobs for the boys, old guard - a complete blank canvas and see where it takes us.

New, fresh ideas and most importantly ruthless *******s who will not take defeat or any form of soft shit.

None of that is likely to happen whilst there are copies of The People's Friend laid out in the foyer.

Go for it 1308
16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The dressing room still appears lost.

Totally agree.  

Genuine question Bazza...what's your opinion on those tossers sitting on the board...bearing in mind that they got rid of Neilson against your wishes. Surely you must think they're a bunch of useless pricks as well?

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There was overwhelming support for the appointment, calling it “brave”, and a “statement of intent”, he was welcomed as a messiah as a “highly rated technical coach” that was going to turn us into Barca and take on the OF.

Then Kris Boyd said, this guys got the personality of a plank of wood, took pelters from the Hearts fans but was proved absolutely spot on 

A plank of wood, bit cruel that. 😟.

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

it may well be that Neilson had reached the end of the road. You still didn’t need to immediately sack him straight away (in the end results showed that it didn’t affect where we ended the season) A proper plan was needed. Naismith was never part of any proper plan (if he was he’d have had all his coaching qualifications for examples).

Naismith has his buddies in the Hun loving press (remember him stating he didn’t see any point going back to being B team coach) and he used them to apply a bit of extra pressure.

They know which coaches and footballing staff are out there and how much they’d cost. But they need a proper plan. Not a knee jerk.

Neilson should've got to finish the season and live or die by his final position.  Planning should've been done to replace him at end of season if he had failed.

Instead, we made a panic appointment and now paying the price.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Harry Potter said:

A plank of wood, bit cruel that. 😟.

Im paraphrasing tbf :lol: can’t remember Boyd’s exact quote but he certainly didn’t rate the appointment 

49 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Season tickets on the slide would be the red flag to the board not FOH.

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Season tickets on the slide would be the red flag to the board not FOH.

Both then but they have the money for season tickets they get monthly instalments with FOH which has probably been earmarked for projects something has to be done to stop this incompetent bunch of muppets taking the piss out of the supporters 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

3 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Absolutely not 🤣

Didn't McKinlay say around the time that Bob was sacked that him and Savage were always keeping tabs on potential managers should we have to replace ours?

They should be able to put a shortlist together overnight and then strive to go out and appoint Naismith's replacement asap. Surely they've learnt their lesson from the previous shambolic managerial appointment processes.

I think if we’ve learned anything it’s to take what McKinlay says with a large pinch of sodium. 

Sinbad the Sailor
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Passive aggressive me replies: "Where did I say that we just carry on?"

There are plenty ways to improve performance. Sacking everyone in sight, rinse and repeat, is not normally the way to do that. As a member of FoH, I don't want our investment to be squandered on countless sackings.

For example, until the Hibs game, we had lost three goals in seven league games, hardly a massive failure. Then 90 seconds of poor concentration and three became five, still not bad. Then Celtic happened, as it often does, though their fourth goal should never have stood. A 3-1 defeat to a vastly superior team is hardly "sack them all" territory. 

In the midst of that, Kent and Rowles have brought a solidity to the centre of our defence that is a big improvement. I thought they played well on Saturday, Kent with his head and Rowles with his feet.

Similarly, once we had sorted out our 'European-compliant' management structure, and it was clear that Naismith was the boss, there were signs of improvement, e.g. the games against Aberdeen and Hibs (until that stupid lapse, which was hardly the management's fault, though no doubt someone will weigh in with reminders about poor substitutions).

I nearly forgot. We're going to Hampden again.

We are miles away from having no hope. We can build on what we've got rather than knock it all down.

But Hearts fans will be Hearts fans. I remember queueing to get into a game last season, when we were safely in third place, and a group of guys around me were full of the "sack Neilson" nonsense. And it was nonsense. But he's gone.

And maybe, just maybe, Hearts will be able to lose a football match without Kickback going bananas. But that's never going to happen.

Probably the best post on this thread 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Im paraphrasing tbf :lol: can’t remember Boyd’s exact quote but he certainly didn’t rate the appointment 

Still get the fear , terrible time.

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Probably the best post on this thread 

Mate , if you think that's the best post on here....you're either a postie who's just finished his shift and is currently in the pub getting pished...or you got your leg  over with 3 blonde Swedish beauties last night

McCavoy

The Gormless Hippie

Cathro

Naismith

McCulloch

Crawford

Neilson

Forest

All complete managerial and coaching novices, learning on the job and making mistakes to our cost who knew nothing about coaching in the professional top flight circuit.

Levein - friends with Budge and that barrier was always going to hinder us.

Anyone who thinks an improvement when Naismith goes needs their head read.

Until Budge, the weegie lard arse and Savage go there is just no point.

13 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Neilson should've got to finish the season and live or die by his final position.  Planning should've been done to replace him at end of season if he had failed.

Instead, we made a panic appointment and now paying the price.

It took months to appoint Naismith. He was put in interim charge to begin with.

Just now, Bad Religion said:

It took months to appoint Naismith. He was put in interim charge to begin with.

Yep. Interim, then given the job, based on 4th, for which Neilson would've been sacked.

• davemclaren locked this topic