Massive clear out required immediately.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

Get them to fcuk this morning.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Carter

Go for it 1308
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

F*****g spot on. Incompetent wankers from top to bottom.  Get rid now!

As with conversations around sacking management, a clear out is only useful if you replace with better. Clear out for the sake of it is no good. As there’s a higher chance of us getting worse than better if we do it that way. And a club our size is not going to pay massive amounts in compensation and redundancies, and then pay massive amounts to replace them with quality.

However, management is one place they could do that, given the inexperience and short term deal of the contract. But we had the opportunity to go down a more experienced route, and we didn’t. (Although I understood at the time as it looked like we were on the right trajectory) But now is the time to seek someone who not only has his sea legs, but has a team of people he can bring in to help implement a philosophy. Not saying we can have a Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock style appointment, but it’s possible to get much, much better out of the players currently at the club than we are.

I don’t think we’ve got anything to lose by pulling the trigger on the coaching team. My hope is we have already identified replacements and are ready to go and get them in quickly. 

what will probably happen is Naismith will get more time followed by an interim manager fir 6-8 weeks while the board dither. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think we’ve got anything to lose by pulling the trigger on the coaching team. My hope is we have already identified replacements and are ready to go and get them in quickly. 

what will probably happen is Naismith will get more time followed by an interim manager fir 6-8 weeks while the board dither. 

Its all too predictable, unfortunately.

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As with conversations around sacking management, a clear out is only useful if you replace with better. Clear out for the sake of it is no good. As there’s a higher chance of us getting worse than better if we do it that way. And a club our size is not going to pay massive amounts in compensation and redundancies, and then pay massive amounts to replace them with quality.

However, management is one place they could do that, given the inexperience and short term deal of the contract. But we had the opportunity to go down a more experienced route, and we didn’t. (Although I understood at the time as it looked like we were on the right trajectory) But now is the time to seek someone who not only has his sea legs, but has a team of people he can bring in to help implement a philosophy. Not saying we can have a Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock style appointment, but it’s possible to get much, much better out of the players currently at the club than we are.

Would you trust them getting next appointment right ? Buck got to stop at the top for me and they need held accountable 

Go for it 1308
14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What about the idiots who are running the show at the top....are they not accountable for this shit show? 

The board won’t make the tough decision and even if they do I’m not confident they would replace him with better we would likely see Fox shunted into the role. It’s a mess at the moment no doubt about it, I just can’t see them sacking him with a semi final in a couple of weeks. However my opinion is we need a change and doing it now is our only hope of getting to the final. Players looked like they gave up at points yesterday, out ram and out fought for 90 minutes is never acceptable.

Was going to post something similar yesterday but thought I’d let the dust settle…

OP is right this sh*show cannot continue, we are absolutely diabolical with no heart, no fight and no leadership from the top up…

off the field brilliant - Well done but off the field doesn’t keep fans happy and happy fans keep the club alive..

if Ann Budge (whom I have lots of respect for btw) McKinley and the rest want to continue with the hotel and living wages and all the other stuff then fine but we must get a DoF in…

I also feel we need a Hearts man in that dug out somewhere. Gary Locke being part of Sergios technical team 100% made an impact especially against Hibs. 

but Naismith and his men need to go. I don’t think they got new contracts (did they?) so should be a cheap pay off unlike Neilson with his new improved contract. 

It's a pity all the fans couldn't vote instead of the board. We'd have Sergio back next week. Nah nah nah Paulo Sergio Sergio Paulo Sergio. 

Not a dig at the OP but just feels like de Ja Vu. Feel like every other week there is a thread about having a clear out from top to bottom etc. When will the board wake up?

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And the interim manager will have the two Egor’s foisted upon him, even if he doesn’t need them. Got to keep the pals happy.

21 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

It's a pity all the fans couldn't vote instead of the board. We'd have Sergio back next week. Nah nah nah Paulo Sergio Sergio Paulo Sergio. 

90%+ on here wanted Cathro

75%+ on here wanted Stendel

75%+ on here wanted Naismith 

if the Board learn any lessons at all they don’t look on here for the next appointment. Or if they do they don’t hire they guy that the majority want. 

The players aren’t great but there’s enough to put together a team that should be finishing 3rd if we had a manager.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

if the Board learn any lessons at all they don’t look on here for the next appointment. Or if they do they don’t hire they guy that the majority want. 

Those percentages are only small part of our support who post on jkb

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If that's what the board ae doing they shouldn't be in place at all.

It won't be though.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

They are.  I was replying really to the suggestion we should have another poll on here re who the next manager should be. Suggestion was Sergio.  I suspect it would get the usual 75% in favour vote.  I suspect it would again be the wrong call. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

They are.  I was replying really to the suggestion we should have another poll on here re who the next manager should be. Suggestion was Sergio.  I suspect it would get the usual 75% in favour vote.  I suspect it would again be the wrong call. 

No confidence is ths board appointing next manager , on the football side they absolutely dreadful

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If that's what the board ae doing they shouldn't be in place at all.

It won't be though.

Agree, but my point was really that the vast majority on here supported those hiring decisions at the time they were made. Now, with hindsight, the Board are getting crucified for making poor management hires time after time. Just saying that this forum isn’t the place for sensible decision-making when it comes to hiring managers. 
I don’t think the Board will just hire who this forum or any other forum wants but they will check the feelings of the fanbase in some way before hiring.  Certainly the FoH guys on the Board have to do that given who they represent. 

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And yet you think it's a great idea to have a handful of fans getting together on a Teams call to discuss things then present to the board. 😄

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lol. That’s a fair point about folk wanting all the above. I was in the minority with Cathro and Naismith but I was defo wanting Stendel

Just now, Valois No1 said:

Lol. That’s a fair point about folk wanting all the above. I was in the minority with Cathro and Naismith but I was defo wanting Stendel

Yep, I was all in on Cathro but not Stendel or Naismith.  Would be an interesting set of data if we could see how the 500 or so regulars on here voted each time. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good post.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

And yet you think it's a great idea to have a handful of fans getting together on a Teams call to discuss things then present to the board. 😄

Won't do any harm fans having a discussion amongst themselves 

How much will it cost to pay off Steven Naismith and Frank MacAvoy then lure another manager away from their position 🤔 

Cost a pretty penny so is it worth NOT hitting the panic button and waiting until after Hampden, Ibrox or even later until January ? 

I'll be honest Sunday was a shit show but what's new against Rangers and celtic ? Season after season our shorts are pulled down and we're on the receiving end of a right Royal spanking (give or take the odd game) will always go into these games with a bit of hope at Tynecastle but as we all know Tynecastle is no longer the fortress it once was. 

Left after the 2nd goal went in along with many others, the place was deflated, got to the pub where other fans were already in, they left after the 1st !!!! 😔

Going over the season so far, Killie, Dundee, Well, liedoon, hubz....2 points from 15 is relegation form.

If something dont click soon we could end up in freefall

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

At this moment in time I wouldn't be adverse to Locke being the main man in the dugout until someone else comes in. 

We have nothing about us these days.

Edited by droid

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

90% on here had never heard of Cathro.

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, dannymack said:

How much will it cost to pay off Steven Naismith and Frank MacAvoy then lure another manager away from their position 🤔 

Cost a pretty penny so is it worth NOT hitting the panic button and waiting until after Hampden, Ibrox or even later until January ? 

I'll be honest Sunday was a shit show but what's new against Rangers and celtic ? Season after season our shorts are pulled down and we're on the receiving end of a right Royal spanking (give or take the odd game) will always go into these games with a bit of hope at Tynecastle but as we all know Tynecastle is no longer the fortress it once was. 

Left after the 2nd goal went in along with many others, the place was deflated, got to the pub where other fans were already in, they left after the 1st !!!! 😔

Costing us pretty penny by not acting like it cost us millions by not removing Neilson much earlier last season.

All those empty seats yesterday is only going to increase the longer this shit show allowed to continue 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

.... .

Given your concerns about wasting money, what would this clear-out cost?

(Edit) I see others have asked this too.

Edited by 4marsbars

Agree why prolong the inevitable 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I disagree a clear out is needed

Most importantly a clear out of the players but nothing can be done about that right now. 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Costing us pretty penny by not acting like it cost us millions by not removing Neilson much earlier last season.

All those empty seats yesterday is only going to increase the longer this shit show allowed to continue 

The empty seats were mostly because, same as last season, we now get our LOWEST attendances against Celtic.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

What is the cost of keeping these overpaid underachievers who are making a complete arse out us

I am not here to defend the coaching team. That performance was woeful. But I would like to think any change are more structured. It costs serious dosh to change a management team. I would like to think a succession plan is in place and potential candidates are already short listed, so that when the time comes, and personally don't think we are near that, the Board can execute their plan.

A new manager generally wants new players. January never a good time to go to the market. I suspect we have little cash and I don't expect market values of Hearts players to be increasing given their performances.

People were taking about £5m of Shankland in the summer. By the time Jan transfer window opens Hearts be lucky if they get a tenth of that.

rudi must stay
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Most importantly a clear out of the players but nothing can be done about that right now. 

An experienced manager would do find with the squad. Plenty formations you can play, I will put this out there I believe this year's squad is better than the squad that finished 3rd

Just now, droid said:

At this moment in time I wouldn't be adverse to Locke being the main man in the dugout until someone else comes in.

Absolutely not 🤣

Didn't McKinlay say around the time that Bob was sacked that him and Savage were always keeping tabs on potential managers should we have to replace ours?

They should be able to put a shortlist together overnight and then strive to go out and appoint Naismith's replacement asap. Surely they've learnt their lesson from the previous shambolic managerial appointment processes.

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree, but my point was really that the vast majority on here supported those hiring decisions at the time they were made. Now, with hindsight, the Board are getting crucified for making poor management hires time after time. Just saying that this forum isn’t the place for sensible decision-making when it comes to hiring managers. 
I don’t think the Board will just hire who this forum or any other forum wants but they will check the feelings of the fanbase in some way before hiring.  Certainly the FoH guys on the Board have to do that given who they represent. 

All fair, I don't really blame the board for appointing Naismith, I could argue all day about why but I'd get crucified given how its gone so I won't bother. 

What I will say is that's Robbie, Cathro, Levein, Stendel, Robbie and Naismith as permanent managers and only RN can be in any way judged as a success, that's an extremely poor record and any other board with the backing that our support would feel under severe pressure. Ours just seem to plod along making poor decisions and taking an eternity to do it. 

The writing is on the wall for Naismith but I suppose as long as he's still in position there's a very slim chance he'll turn it round. I do think they'll be forced into a decision soon though and when they are we need to quickly go out and bring in a manager with his own coaches. The last thing we need is another interim manager.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

The empty seats were mostly because, same as last season, we now get our LOWEST attendances against Celtic.

Disagree, I personally know few guys who pissed off with incompetent board

13 minutes ago, droid said:

We have nothing about us these days.

Not for me. It should be very obvious to the board where this is headed. We need Naismith out one day and a new coach in the next. Like when Stendel got the bullet and Robbie came back. Not saying that's going to be easy but that's what we need to do.

Go for it 1308
8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

So we just carry on with what we've got then ffs?

colinmorewasgash

Defo remember though naisy and joe said by december we ll be world beaters more likely bottom 2.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

An experienced manager would do find with the squad. Plenty formations you can play, I will put this out there I believe this year's squad is better than the squad that finished 3rd

Sorry but that squad is absolutely rank.  Get in any manager you want but there’s still far too many of them still won’t be able to do the basics that a professional footballer should be doing.  We’ve got a squad full of bottom 6 standard players with a few exceptions (unfortunately nearly all the exceptions are currently injured).  What we’ve got available at the moment is dross. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It's a fair view, they've failed and are failing under two managers. You've got to wonder if some of them were really wanted past the last transfer window.

Almost from the start yesterday there was a real lack of belief and passion about us. You MUST have that as a start point playing for Hearts. 

Why is that missing when we’ve got a head coach with ‘passion’ right at the top of his CV as a player ?

When you look at even our top players, which of them do you see on an upward career path (able and determined to play at a higher level) and how many do you see who are in some kind of comfort zone, if you can call underperforming every week a ‘comfort zone’

Our best 8 players.

Halkett made of glass

Gordon nearing the end of the road 

Kent. a good signing who does show passion and looks like he believes in himself

Shankland is miles off what he was last year. Removing him as captain might help 

Beningame. looking like a write off and probably won’t be here much longer 

Devlin. Gives everything every time but he’s limited

Boyce. Another one who gives everything and is such an intelligent player. Must be a reason we don’t know about that he isn’t starting

Cochrane. A shadow of the player who first signed. Doesn’t help himself sometimes and being in and out hasn’t helped but wtf has happened to him ?

Behind that there is a group who either aren’t good enough or if they are, haven’t shown it consistently. Some might be decent. We just don’t know. We don’t actually have that many you can look at and say “shite, needs to leave”

When you’ve got that many decent players producing performances like we’ve seen this season you have to look at the coaching team.

As much as I Iiked Naismith as a player, for his own good and the good of the club, he’s got to go see Savage and McKinley this week and admit he just isn’t ready for this job. He can step back and I’d keep him around but this job is too big for him.

Mcevoy and Forest can go for me too, and we get the experienced head coach (and his own picks) that we should have gone for in the summer. I say that as someone who wanted Naismith given that no one else was publicly in the frame. I’m convinced we didn’t look. We didn’t turn over any heavy stones and do a proper process, that’s for sure because you don’t do that and arrive at Stephen Naismith.

Who next is the question. It’s not a matter for us really. It’s a matter for Savage and McKinley (personally I’d bin Savage as well but that’s not likely) but we have to put serious money on the table this time and we have to do it properly. Then we’re back to ‘is the squad good enough’ questions. I think we’ve got a base to build on but this malaise and comfort zone attitude needs to stop right now or just find another club 

Why would the board start panicking when we have a waiting list of 7 thousand might even be up towards 10 thousand now..👀

• davemclaren locked this topic