Massive clear out required immediately.

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Almost from the start yesterday there was a real lack of belief and passion about us. You MUST have that as a start point playing for Hearts. 

Why is that missing when we’ve got a head coach with ‘passion’ right at the top of his CV as a player ?

When you look at even our top players, which of them do you see on an upward career path (able and determined to play at a higher level) and how many do you see who are in some kind of comfort zone, if you can call underperforming every week a ‘comfort zone’

Our best 8 players.

Halkett made of glass

Gordon nearing the end of the road 

Kent. a good signing who does show passion and looks like he believes in himself

Shankland is miles off what he was last year. Removing him as captain might help 

Beningame. looking like a write off and probably won’t be here much longer 

Devlin. Gives everything every time but he’s limited

Boyce. Another one who gives everything and is such an intelligent player. Must be a reason we don’t know about that he isn’t starting

Cochrane. A shadow of the player who first signed. Doesn’t help himself sometimes and being in and out hasn’t helped but wtf has happened to him ?

Behind that there is a group who either aren’t good enough or if they are, haven’t shown it consistently. Some might be decent. We just don’t know. We don’t actually have that many you can look at and say “shite, needs to leave”

When you’ve got that many decent players producing performances like we’ve seen this season you have to look at the coaching team.

As much as I Iiked Naismith as a player, for his own good and the good of the club, he’s got to go see Savage and McKinley this week and admit he just isn’t ready for this job. He can step back and I’d keep him around but this job is too big for him.

Mcevoy and Forest can go for me too, and we get the experienced head coach (and his own picks) that we should have gone for in the summer. I say that as someone who wanted Naismith given that no one else was publicly in the frame. I’m convinced we didn’t look. We didn’t turn over any heavy stones and do a proper process, that’s for sure because you don’t do that and arrive at Stephen Naismith.

Who next is the question. It’s not a matter for us really. It’s a matter for Savage and McKinley (personally I’d bin Savage as well but that’s not likely) but we have to put serious money on the table this time and we have to do it properly. Then we’re back to ‘is the squad good enough’ questions. I think we’ve got a base to build on but this malaise and comfort zone attitude needs to stop right now or just find another club 

Great post. Totally agree

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Carter

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Almost from the start yesterday there was a real lack of belief and passion about us. You MUST have that as a start point playing for Hearts. 

Why is that missing when we’ve got a head coach with ‘passion’ right at the top of his CV as a player ?

When you look at even our top players, which of them do you see on an upward career path (able and determined to play at a higher level) and how many do you see who are in some kind of comfort zone, if you can call underperforming every week a ‘comfort zone’

Our best 8 players.

Halkett made of glass

Gordon nearing the end of the road 

Kent. a good signing who does show passion and looks like he believes in himself

Shankland is miles off what he was last year. Removing him as captain might help 

Beningame. looking like a write off and probably won’t be here much longer 

Devlin. Gives everything every time but he’s limited

Boyce. Another one who gives everything and is such an intelligent player. Must be a reason we don’t know about that he isn’t starting

Cochrane. A shadow of the player who first signed. Doesn’t help himself sometimes and being in and out hasn’t helped but wtf has happened to him ?

Behind that there is a group who either aren’t good enough or if they are, haven’t shown it consistently. Some might be decent. We just don’t know. We don’t actually have that many you can look at and say “shite, needs to leave”

When you’ve got that many decent players producing performances like we’ve seen this season you have to look at the coaching team.

As much as I Iiked Naismith as a player, for his own good and the good of the club, he’s got to go see Savage and McKinley this week and admit he just isn’t ready for this job. He can step back and I’d keep him around but this job is too big for him.

Mcevoy and Forest can go for me too, and we get the experienced head coach (and his own picks) that we should have gone for in the summer. I say that as someone who wanted Naismith given that no one else was publicly in the frame. I’m convinced we didn’t look. We didn’t turn over any heavy stones and do a proper process, that’s for sure because you don’t do that and arrive at Stephen Naismith.

Who next is the question. It’s not a matter for us really. It’s a matter for Savage and McKinley (personally I’d bin Savage as well but that’s not likely) but we have to put serious money on the table this time and we have to do it properly. Then we’re back to ‘is the squad good enough’ questions. I think we’ve got a base to build on but this malaise and comfort zone attitude needs to stop right now or just find another club 

Great post Jimmy.

We need a head coach who is going to bring his own people and create real change.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

90%+ on here wanted Cathro

75%+ on here wanted Stendel

75%+ on here wanted Naismith 

if the Board learn any lessons at all they don’t look on here for the next appointment. Or if they do they don’t hire they guy that the majority want. 

Mic drop.

The same posters are in a vicious circle of "every wan oot" and can't see it doesn't work.

Same posters wanted the only manager that have us two periods of relative success and stability sacked or not appointed in the first place.

You can't make it up.

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Why would the board start panicking when we have a waiting list of 7 thousand might even be up towards 10 thousand now..👀

Nive to see them all snapping up the empty seats yesterday 😐

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would you trust them getting next appointment right ? Buck got to stop at the top for me and they need held accountable 

They haven’t got the last two right, so probably not. But point remains, their replacements would have to be people that would get them right. And there’s no guarantee of that without a hefty cost. And getting rid too would be a hefty cost. Catch 22 really.

1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

What about the idiots who are running the show at the top....are they not accountable for this shit show? 

Didn’t say they weren’t, all I’m saying is there’s no point getting rid and having no one to replace them. Or people already at the club to replace then who weren’t deemed as good as the current crop. Getting rid is useless by itself.

colinmorewasgash

Everyone but the board and management know what we need to do. Unless Anne likes someone who is a yes man with no baggage inc any previous problems in personal life then they wont get gig. Id be amazed if she appointed a robinson or a martindale type due to previous off field incidents. Cd do a swap with Mcinnes they cd get Naisy as he lives locally too.

Spot on Selkirk.

getting to the stage folk are talking about not bothering going to the games. Have a ticket for Hampden knowing it’s a gubbing under this charlatan and the board really can’t be arsed going.  The beers and company are the only positives. needing huge changes 

1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Everyone but the board and management know what we need to do. Unless Anne likes someone who is a yes man with no baggage inc any previous problems in personal life then they wont get gig. Id be amazed if she appointed a robinson or a martindale type due to previous off field incidents. Cd do a swap with Mcinnes they cd get Naisy as he lives locally too.

The thing with coaches like Robinson is there's no telling what he would do at a club with the resources and the expectation levels that we have. I'd rather bring him in and find out than go for McInnes.

I don't understand why we continue to sign players that don't seem to be ready to start for the first team and don't make us any better. 

We can't keep on burning the resources we have without improvement.

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Mic drop.

The same posters are in a vicious circle of "every wan oot" and can't see it doesn't work.

Same posters wanted the only manager that have us two periods of relative success and stability sacked or not appointed in the first place.

You can't make it up.

During Robbies 2 year spell how far did he ever get to in League Cup?I genuinely don't know the answer that's why I'm asking?

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Mic drop.

You can't make it up.

Without going over old ground we’ve been over dozens of times, Neilson lost the thread and lost the dressing room. When that happens you have to change, no matter the track record before that.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

I don't understand why we continue to sign players that don't seem to be ready to start for the first team and don't make us any better. 

We can't keep on burning the resources we have without improvement.

Problem is we sign players that don't overall suit our philosophy,I'm a fan of Naismith.

I'm also a fan of 433 formation, yesterday was the time to play it,dropping Shankland controversial but needed for the benefit of team why ? Because he doesn't give you the same workrate off the ball as others.

I want to give you an example when Boyce came on yesterday he looked good? Why because he had more in the tank, with celtic back four and midfield tiring.

Subs have been a key with Naismith lately, he got it right against Killie and County ,Hibs and Celtic ? Maybe not so.

McGregor had a great game yesterday largely because noone got near him.

On the half turn look up find a pass,simple buy very effective.

Our 4231 was overrun because he wasn't man marked,following markers is basic.

Celtic weren't great yesterday they just do the basics right.

Help ma Boab, anyone would think we're bottom of the league. Were sitting fourth FFS, lost yesterday to a team conservatively valued at ten times ours, and a referee who called every 50/50 in Celtic's favour.  We have the best squad outside of the old firm. and a manager still learning who's only been in the job for six months. Yesterday's performance defensively was the worst of the season but we have Halkett coming back, and it's a leader at the back, and on the pitch in General that we need most.  If we are in the bottom half come the January transfer window, then I'll be worried if we don't strengthen in those departments. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

Get them to fcuk this morning.

Great post mate

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Not a dig at the OP but just feels like de Ja Vu. Feel like every other week there is a thread about having a clear out from top to bottom etc. When will the board wake up?

As long as we keep buying tickets and merchandise and ploughing money into FOH, the board will never wake up. 

It's a real shame, it's been years of mismanagement now from the top and I'm absolutely sick of it. 

We should have 3rd locked down every season but here we are meandering along like a Motherwell/Kilmarnock. 

Club is a joke. 

I'm not quite in the Naismith out camp, yet.

Can we please however, stop the "Let's get McInnes, Robinson, Mackay" brigade.

This merry go round of SPL Losers are not going to improve us.

We need a proven, top class manager. 

Who is that?  I don't know.  Better people than me are paid to find him.  What I do know is, the lazy game of looking at managers who have failed badly at other clubs in the SPL are not the answer.

If, and when Naismith goes, we need to stop the experiments and find a decent manager, at all costs!😍

1 minute ago, a11ank said:

Who is that?  I don't know.  Better people than me are paid to find him.  What I do know is, the lazy game of looking at managers who have failed badly at other clubs in the SPL are not the answer.

If, and when Naismith goes, we need to stop the experiments and find a decent manager, at all costs!😍

Nobody apart from Robbie Neilson has improved us since admin.

None of our recent failures were part of the spl merry go round.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, a11ank said:

We might get a decent manager.  We can’t afford a proven, top class manager.  Even if we could they wouldn’t be interested in us. 

Unfortunately the line from the board will be that we are 4 points off third and in a cup semi final.

What won’t be taken into account is that it’s a 4 point gap to St Mirren ffs, who have a game in hand, and with us still having Rangers to play. The gap could quite easily be 10 points soon.

Our home form has gone completely, and it’s impossible to tell each week what the performance levels will be.

A year ago we had pretty good squad, and they were a stick on to finish third again - no doubt Neilson had to go in the end, but once again the subsequent footballing decisions of this board are taking us backwards and only the fans will ever see it quickly enough.

45 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

So we just carry on with what we've got then ffs?

Passive aggressive me replies: "Where did I say that we just carry on?"

There are plenty ways to improve performance. Sacking everyone in sight, rinse and repeat, is not normally the way to do that. As a member of FoH, I don't want our investment to be squandered on countless sackings.

For example, until the Hibs game, we had lost three goals in seven league games, hardly a massive failure. Then 90 seconds of poor concentration and three became five, still not bad. Then Celtic happened, as it often does, though their fourth goal should never have stood. A 3-1 defeat to a vastly superior team is hardly "sack them all" territory. 

In the midst of that, Kent and Rowles have brought a solidity to the centre of our defence that is a big improvement. I thought they played well on Saturday, Kent with his head and Rowles with his feet.

Similarly, once we had sorted out our 'European-compliant' management structure, and it was clear that Naismith was the boss, there were signs of improvement, e.g. the games against Aberdeen and Hibs (until that stupid lapse, which was hardly the management's fault, though no doubt someone will weigh in with reminders about poor substitutions).

I nearly forgot. We're going to Hampden again.

We are miles away from having no hope. We can build on what we've got rather than knock it all down.

But Hearts fans will be Hearts fans. I remember queueing to get into a game last season, when we were safely in third place, and a group of guys around me were full of the "sack Neilson" nonsense. And it was nonsense. But he's gone.

And maybe, just maybe, Hearts will be able to lose a football match without Kickback going bananas. But that's never going to happen.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

There are plenty ways to improve performance. Sacking everyone in sight, rinse and repeat, is not normally the way to do that. As a member of FoH, I don't want our investment to be squandered on countless sackings.

For example, until the Hibs game, we had lost three goals in seven league games, hardly a massive failure. Then 90 seconds of poor concentration and three became five, still not bad. Then Celtic happened, as it often does, though their fourth goal should never have stood. A 3-1 defeat to a vastly superior team is hardly "sack them all" territory. 

In the midst of that, Kent and Rowles have brought a solidity to the centre of our defence that is a big improvement. I thought they played well on Saturday, Kent with his head and Rowles with his feet.

Similarly, once we had sorted out our 'European-compliant' management structure, and it was clear that Naismith was the boss, there were signs of improvement, e.g. the games against Aberdeen and Hibs (until that stupid lapse, which was hardly the management's fault, though no doubt someone will weigh in with reminders about poor substitutions).

We are miles away from having no hope. We can build on what we've got rather than knock it all down.

But Hearts fans will be Hearts fans. I remember queueing to get into a game last season, when we were safely in third place, and a group of guys around me were full of the "sack Neilson" nonsense. And it was nonsense. But he's gone.

And maybe, just maybe, Hearts will be able to lose a football match without Kickback going bananas. But that's never going to happen.

We not going anywhere fast with what we've got ! Being taken for absolute mugs

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Problem is we sign players that don't overall suit our philosophy,I'm a fan of Naismith.

I'm also a fan of 433 formation, yesterday was the time to play it,dropping Shankland controversial but needed for the benefit of team why ? Because he doesn't give you the same workrate off the ball as others.

I want to give you an example when Boyce came on yesterday he looked good? Why because he had more in the tank, with celtic back four and midfield tiring.

Subs have been a key with Naismith lately, he got it right against Killie and County ,Hibs and Celtic ? Maybe not so.

McGregor had a great game yesterday largely because noone got near him.

On the half turn look up find a pass,simple buy very effective.

Our 4231 was overrun because he wasn't man marked,following markers is basic.

Celtic weren't great yesterday they just do the basics right.

Celtic have a great midfield and they are lethal up front. They’re usually able put out 6 players who will score half chances. In relative terms Celtic were and are great when you compare them to all the other teams in Scotland. it’s irrelevant to us that they are European also rans.

It’s not them ‘doing the basics’ that is the issue here. They always do that and more. It’s us NOT doing the basics. You can set up the team in any formation you like but if they’re not motivated to get close, track runners, put a foot in Celtic are going to wipe the floor with you. Celtics first 2 goals were criminal on our part. The 3rd we clear 9 times out of 10. The 4th were all over the place with 3 unmarked Celtic players in our box.

I hate seeing Kris Boyd saying we were atrocious and being 100% correct. I hate Mcgegor saying it could have been 5 or 6 and being 100% correct. I hate Naismith saying every week we need to be brave and watching us being utterly timid.

4-4-2. 5-3-2. 4-3-3. 4-2-3-1. it’s all just a collection of numbers if none of them can be arsed or motivated to put a shift in. It would have made no difference.

7 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Unfortunately the line from the board will be that we are 4 points off third and in a cup semi final.

What won’t be taken into account is that it’s a 4 point gap to St Mirren ffs, who have a game in hand, and with us still having Rangers to play. The gap could quite easily be 10 points soon.

Our home form has gone completely, and it’s impossible to tell each week what the performance levels will be.

A year ago we had pretty good squad, and they were a stick on to finish third again - no doubt Neilson had to go in the end, but once again the subsequent footballing decisions of this board are taking us backwards and only the fans will ever see it quickly enough.

2nd and 3rd bottom are also only 4 points behind us with 2 games in hand each. The club needs a shake 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

if the Board learn any lessons at all they don’t look on here for the next appointment. Or if they do they don’t hire they guy that the majority want. 

Exactly. This forum was full of utter roasters demanding Naismith's appointment last Spring. 

2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Not a dig at the OP but just feels like de Ja Vu. Feel like every other week there is a thread about having a clear out from top to bottom etc. When will the board wake up?

They won't, all they'll do his hide behind FOH, who themselves do exactly what? Serious question, what does FOH actually do other than collect our money. 

this 'proven top flight manager thing'

lets say we use chris wilder as an example. There was talk of him asking for a years compo from sheff utd if he resigned a few years ago - that was £4mil. (£75k a week)

but - lets be generous or choose a different potential 'proven top flight manager'. Lets say they're a bit less demanding and ask for £25k a week. 

thats £1.3m a year. Over a probable 3 year contract = £3.9m add in assistants / backroom staff of a couple of guys - nudging you to what? £4.5m - £5m for the 3 years?

if we continue down the financial path of cutting our cloth - then we'd have to not sign the likes of Kio, the hoff, Oda, shanks, Rowles, Grant?

fairly fag packet maths and more to illustrate the point. this proven manager would have to be up to the challenge of more or less guaranteeing 3rd, cup semi or final appearances (not wins) - with very little leeway in the transfer market.

Not impossible (loan market & contacts you'd image would be in their armoury) - but quite a challenge, and in terms of career progression.....what do you put on your CV after meeting the above expectations? - basically - did "OK"

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely spot on, rule #1 of running a football club, fans do not have a clue about football so do not listen to the fans when it comes to appointments or signings.

We need a board with their own plan and a proper professional vision. 

The appointment of Naismith was a bottle job, they bottled it out of having to make a proper appointment because well, the fans like him, so we’ll just give it to Naismith to avoid the aggro. It’s tantamount to the old “give it to big dunc” at Everton or “give it Giggsey” at Man U. Really these ex player ex fans favourite shout are absolute joke appointments. Big clubs need a proper manager with a record. 

In a move which would be opposed by 75% of the **** wits on here, I would absolutely be going for Derek Mcinnes right now, as I would over the summer, and I would not give a single **** about all these **** witted clown clueless fans who would oppose it based on hot air.

The question should’ve been asked “who can Hearts get, that is most likely to 1. get us in Europa groups and 2. deliver 3rd for us” Never in a million years was the answer to that question “the b team manager and Joe savages old mate from down the pub ” 

I think any clear out won’t happen until the summer.  There are good players in the current squad who don’t appear to be motivated for some reason.  Playing players out of their natural position has not helped.  It’s been obvious for ages that playing a centre back  at right back is a disaster.  The folly of letting Michael Smith depart without having another option in place is  there for all to see. I still think he had another season in him and would have been infinitely better than what’s on the go just now. I hope that’s one area that we recruit for in the winter window. 
As for the management team - they really are heading for the last chance saloon. There have been signs of improvement but not enough. The goals we lost yesterday were criminal.  I have a feeling that the calls for change  are going to grow  with the fixtures that are coming up.  I hope the Board are already reviewing options.

Clear out is one thing signing is another.

By time Jan window opens feck knows where we will be, free agents only till then.

So season already a wipe out?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I think any clear out won’t happen until the summer.  There are good players in the current squad who don’t appear to be motivated for some reason.  Playing players out of their natural position has not helped.  It’s been obvious for ages that playing a centre back  at right back is a disaster.  The folly of letting Michael Smith depart without having another option in place is  there for all to see. I still think he had another season in him and would have been infinitely better than what’s on the go just now. I hope that’s one area that we recruit for in the winter window. 
As for the management team - they really are heading for the last chance saloon. There have been signs of improvement but not enough. The goals we lost yesterday were criminal.  I have a feeling that the calls for change  are going to grow  with the fixtures that are coming up.  I hope the Board are already reviewing options.

The problem with the centre back playing at right back is that he is even worse at CB!  Will never make a CB as long as he has a hole in his arse. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Those percentages are only small part of our support who post on jkb

And the percentage of supporters who look at, never mind, post on JKB is only a small percentage of those who support the club, never mind who actually go to matches. 

Edited by henryheart
spelling

If you even insinuated that Naismith was a cheap, lazy, nonsensical and half arsed appointment it led to criticism and vitriol coming your way. Guess what, he was a cheap, lazy, nonsensical, half arsed appointment and yet another mistake by our board who simply can't get out of their own incompetent way when it comes to footballing decisions. This one may actually be the worst of the lot because in 2023 we were in a far better position to move forward.

Whilst there is significant business success and acumen on the board there is absolutely zero footballing knowledge or background and that has once again come back to bite them. They were manipulated and coerced by Levein for years whilst at the same time believing they were the smartest people in the room because in their areas of expertise they probably are. Not football though and not at a club like Hearts, an institution with a sizeable fanbase (customers to them mind you!). They have made arrogant, pig headed, short sighted, ill advised, ludicrous decisions concerning our football operation time and again. They eventually made a good one in March this year only to repeat the disastrous previous errors of judgement and appoint a rookie, talks a good game coach who is so obviously out of his depth. 

There still exists, a small window in my opinion whereby they can salvage this situation. Frankly given how poor our opposition is amongst the 'rest' they have some what got away with how horrific our start to the season has been and we find ourselves in the pack amongst all the other medicare sides. If they just admitted their error, cut ties with the entire first team staff and showed some ambition and clear thinking not only could this season be salvaged it could still be a successful one.

Appointing someone experienced, someone with a clear strategy and game plan, who can bring in their own staff and make the changes they want in squad personnel in January would galvanise the support again and give us all some much needed hope, especially before the semi-final. Spend some money and show an intent and they can get people back onside. Despite the limitations of the squad and some very questionable moves again in the summer I personally still believe that our overall depth and over the course of 38 matches we still have the best squad of the 'rest' and some of the more talented individuals in the league out with Glasgow.

The ball is in their court though and if they do nothing, sit praying for a change of direction, somehow, anyhow, then the current shitshow will only go one way. And the anger and vitriol they are going to see aimed in their direction will be many multiples of what they heard back in March at the end of the St Mirren match. People have had enough as can be seen on numerous social media platforms over the last 24 hrs. There is obvious growing apathy and there is also growing resentment at the way they've again made a mess of football appointments. They have to take action and it needs to be decisive action very soon or this is going to get away from them. 

Punting Naismith is a fantastic idea until you realise Ann’s first choice replacement will probably be Robbie for the 3rd time lucky or Levein back for his ‘experience’.

:facepalm:

23 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

You are far too sensible to be posting on here. I find it difficult to disagree with what you've written.

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody apart from Robbie Neilson has improved us since admin.

None of our recent failures were part of the spl merry go round.

I agree with you.

All I'm suggesting is that, if we replace Naismith, we shouldn't be looking at the managerial 'swap shop' stuff that already goes on in the SPL!

We need better than that!!!😍

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

90% on here had never heard of Cathro.

Cathro the top class coach NOT Cathro the manager.

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The problem with the centre back playing at right back is that he is even worse at CB!  Will never make a CB as long as he has a hole in his arse. 

That certainly showed with the two very cheap goals we lost against Hibs.

15 minutes ago, henryheart said:

You are far too sensible to be posting on here. I find it difficult to disagree with what you've written.

🙂

Of course it will be the fans that pay off Naismith and his goons should they be sacked, in addition to Bob and LM.

Ann should step up and negotiate termination of their contracts out of her pocket.  Accept some responsibility for once.

22 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Just deluded nonsense for me, making ridiculous excuses for evertyhing.  We've been shite all season.  Not good enough.  Someone has to take some responsibilty for the mess.  Pretending all is fine helps nobody.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Don't think we need an absolute overhaul. Think we need 1 or 2 real quality additions that are going to come in and hit the ground running immediately, not take 6 months or so to get up to speed.

The forward areas are a real concern. Genuinely looks like they have no real connectivity. 

45 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Sacking everyone in sight, rinse and repeat, is not normally the way to do that. As a member of FoH, I don't want our investment to be squandered on countless sackings.

But you are content for our investment to be squandered on countless abysmal footballing board room decisions?! Brilliant. If yesterday didn't wake you up to the huge and ever increasing apathy and anger from not only our casual fans but our absolute diehards then nothing will.

The poster @mmc (who should post way more) summed it up brilliantly yesterday......

"The board are guilty, through their poor choices, of diluting any possible footballing advantage we could have created through FOH, benefactors etc. A huge opportunity being wasted, in my opinion."

They are the very definition of not fit for purpose when it comes to the direction of our club on the park. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yup, kickback and fans in general aren’t the barometer to use.

I don’t think Naismith is going to be a success however I also don’t agree that we hire a manager and start challenging the old firm, which some fans believe. 

If we’re changing the ‘style’ of play which most seem to want it’s not going to happen overnight.

It’s a poisoned chalice for any manager coming in. You have to achieve third and cup wins and when you do you then have to challenge the old firm 😂. This is despite the sheep and hibs currently spending more than us and our finances being massively dwarfed by the old firm.

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

But you are content for our investment to be squandered on countless abysmal footballing board room decisions?! Brilliant. If yesterday didn't wake you up to the huge and ever increasing apathy and anger from not only our casual fans but our absolute diehards then nothing will.

The poster @mmc (who should post way more) summed it up brilliantly yesterday......

"The board are guilty, through their poor choices, of diluting any possible footballing advantage we could have created through FOH, benefactors etc. A huge opportunity being wasted, in my opinion."

They are the very definition of not fit for purpose when it comes to the direction of our club on the park. 

Just over three years ago, a leading Scottish football team was relegated, arguably unfairly, as a consequence of Scottish football's reaction to the onset of Covid.

Over the successive seasons that team:

- won promotion, winning the Championship comfortably (many of its fans said 'sack the manager')

- finished comfortably third the first season back, a trick the same manager had pulled off in 2016, (many fans said 'sack the manager' just as they had done in 2016)

- also got to the Scottish Cup final that season, managing a 0-0 draw in Glasgow against Rangers in normal time (many fans thought that was rubbish, too)

- played European group football and finished fourth, a close run thing, a season when the manager was actually sacked

Forgive me if I don't always take Hearts fans' opinions seriously.

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Yup, kickback and fans in general aren’t the barometer to use.

I don’t think Naismith is going to be a success however I also don’t agree that we hire a manager and start challenging the old firm, which some fans believe. 

If we’re changing the ‘style’ of play which most seem to want it’s not going to happen overnight.

It’s a poisoned chalice for any manager coming in. You have to achieve third and cup wins and when you do you then have to challenge the old firm 😂. This is despite the sheep and hibs currently spending more than us and our finances being massively dwarfed by the old firm.

Can you give some examples of these fans posts please? 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

Get them to fcuk this morning.

I agree with all that but JJ does not have his finger on the pulse of football these days.

For me we need a foreign DoF who will bring a head coach and players who have no care for the uglies..

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Just over three years ago, a leading Scottish football team was relegated, arguably unfairly, as a consequence of Scottish football's reaction to the onset of Covid.

Over the successive seasons that team:

- won promotion, winning the Championship comfortably (many of its fans said 'sack the manager')

- finished comfortably third the first season back, a trick the same manager had pulled off in 2016, (many fans said 'sack the manager' just as they had done in 2016)

- also got to the Scottish Cup final that season, managing a 0-0 draw in Glasgow against Rangers in normal time (many fans thought that was rubbish, too)

- played European group football and finished fourth, a close run thing, a season when the manager was actually sacked

Forgive me if I don't always take Hearts fans' opinions seriously.

You have a very low bar of real achievement.

It's also got **** all to do with what is patently obvious on 23rd October 2023 and that their horrific record of footballing decisions really has caught up with them this time. The fans are becoming disinterested and disengaged, they have blown the feel good factor that existed not so long ago and people are voting with their feet. That will soon turn to voting with their wallets which may be our saving grace as we know the bottom line is far more important to these people than anything on the park. 

PS. I was someone who defended Neilson post Cup Final. 

• davemclaren locked this topic