• Bongo 1874

• Bender

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

There is no Identity  

Job too big for him and current management team.  

He was at B team , he got offered it, was  never going to turn it down.  

The experiment hasn’t worked and won’t work. 

End it now . There is no sign of any improvement since he’s got the gig. 

Get him out the club now and empty the charlatans who employed him as well.

The tactics haven’t changed since our last manager. We spent a summer recruiting for the new manager and his philosophy / identity. It looks nothing different to what RN had the players doing. 

You could swap RN over with SN today and would have seen no difference in what the team were trying to do. 

Gordon Ramsay

There's no change. It's the same as Neilson, if not worse. 

We can bin him and the coaches but it needs to go higher than that. Club is rotten. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

The sooner we replace him, the sooner we can start to improve.

It's as simple as that.

Heard that before.

Let’s be honest, our identity is to keep the ball when we are playing sides who are happy cor us to have the ball or to defend against teams that like to attack

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Let’s be honest, our identity is to keep the ball when we are playing sides who are happy cor us to have the ball or to defend against teams that like to attack

Our identity is to pass the ball backwards at every single opportunity. 

We're ****ing chronic. Sick of Hearts just now. Its beyond a joke. 

periodictabledancer

Our "identity" - no strength, no speed, no balls, no leadership on the pitch, no direction and no ambition in the "football department". 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

From memory amongst naismiths targets were :

style of football - I don’t really care about that - but he failing jury’s out being (very) generous

challenge / achieve 3rd - failing 

lay a glove on rangers - failed (although some of the weak-minded may count the midweek last-minute capitulation as progress :( )

That said I wouldn’t sack him right now but I’d be giving him a set number of games with the requirement to actually shock us with the level of improvement

failing that - Robinson or mcinnes in with a view to replacing them with better as soon as possible just like you would do with any player

probably would have lost that game today with either of them in charge but you would hope it wouldn’t have been such a feeble ‘performance’

time’s up for savage too - heading to the other side of the world for players marginally better (if at all) than British cart-horses - go and find a few more frankie Kent’s from the backstreets of the English lower leagues as a starting point

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

Our "identity" - no strength, no speed, no balls, no leadership on the pitch, no direction and no ambition in the "football department". 

2nd to every 50-50 ball.

No pace, no confidence, no respect for the manager from the players and a captain who's face is always tripping him and is supposed to set the rest an example.

We are a pathetic bunch of losers.

Clark, Sibbick, Hoff, Grant, Forrest are a complete embarrassment to the jersey.

Beni not far off as well.

No identity, no style, only ‘patterns of play’ are negative e.g. in the first half we were on the edge of the last third, 3 passes later we are 10/15 yards inside our own half! Murder to watch! 

Why is our top goal scorer always inside our own half  I don’t understand ,if he leaves Vargas and shankland up top   And tells them to play off the shoulder off there last man it still leaves 8 players to defend with,but no let’s get 10men behind the ball  and hoof it up to nobody,Goldson and balogun were there for the taking.

28 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

The tactics haven’t changed since our last manager. We spent a summer recruiting for the new manager and his philosophy / identity. It looks nothing different to what RN had the players doing. 

You could swap RN over with SN today and would have seen no difference in what the team were trying to do. 

Correct 100%   but that's what happens when you recruit internally from the "system"

34 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

It's as simple as that.

The sooner we replace the gutless losers we call Hearts players the better. FTH

27 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

This is it for me in a nutshell. Watching that game back, it's almost as if Robbie Neilson never left the club. 

Feel we need a manager who can really put his stamp on things and has a clear identity of what he wants to do.

Would like to see us go for an experienced manager who has done it at the top level, Wilder or Davies for me would both be good shouts.

9 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Still waiting on any sort of sign of this identity we were promised. 

De Zerbi found Brightons identity 

Maresca found Leicesters identity 

Farke found Leeds identity 

Big Ange found Spurs identity 

why Naismith find out identity??

12 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Correct 100%   but that's what happens when you recruit internally from the "system"

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yoda you must be

I just think we've signed to many bad payers in terms of quality and mentality. 

The last few games have been pretty positive in terms of coaching, Hibs at home, Rangers away, Livvy at home and today in the first half .

In 3 of those games Naismith has been absolutely shafted by 3 utterly horrendous bits of decision making by his players . Not much he can do when playes are so inept and thinking like absolute morons 

Wasn't an advocate of appointing him but I don't think replacing him would change to much, it's much more deep routed than that .

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What is this supposed identity, and when is Naismith likely to find it!? He's had long enough!

Captain Lithuania
27 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Has he gone yet?

Now we all know if that happened Liam “Just along the corridor” Fox would be the next manager. I wish I was joking. 

We have no identity, if i had went away to mars for the last year and came back to that today I would’ve said it was Neilson in charge, no continuity in our line ups either, could draw straws for our line ups week in week out, is grant in? Might be, what about Forest? Might be, Vargas? Devlin? Might be in might not be, its honking and we are in a bad place.

11 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

What is this supposed identity, and when is Naismith likely to find it!? He's had long enough!

Playing style and the style suited to the club/players….he can’t find it!

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The sooner everyone realises the players don’t give a **** the better. Serial losers to a man

There is no plan or identify.Neilson was never my favourite but better than this rubbish. Always thought if we ever replace Neilson we should get someone who can coach a team properly and give it a proper shape that it is comfortable playing no matter what is happening in the game. The board need to get looking now and do their job or be replaced if not up to it

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He can't find it, because he hasn't the first clue how to. Hes been in charge since before May, had a pre-season, and still not even a snifter. As others have mentioned above, there has been zero change since Neilson. 

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

No identity, no style, only ‘patterns of play’ are negative e.g. in the first half we were on the edge of the last third, 3 passes later we are 10/15 yards inside our own half! Murder to watch! 

Mind numbing isn’t it! 

How about the free kick on the halfway line… played back to Clark to punt it & we lose the ball about 2 yards from the initial free kick position. Kicking it to the corner for a rangers throw would have been more positive!   

34 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Now we all know if that happened Liam “Just along the corridor” Fox would be the next manager. I wish I was joking. 

Would be Eva and Webster too. 

I wish I was also joking

:sob:

ScandinavianJambo

I have totally zoned out. Hearts has become incredibly mediocre under Naismith/ recruitment has not been strong enough. Do we cut our losses now or stutter through this season, one unconvincing game after another? Another 7 months of this and I rather stab myself in the eye with a fork....

Rudi cant fail

The fact that Naismith retired from playing while at hearts pretty much guaranteed he was a shoe-in to replace Robbie. Back to the original plan of when the budge era started that we would recruit within and have a conveyor belt of managers, next in line replaces the outgoing manager. 
I think a lot of the fans were sucked in by this fantasy too with Naismith. 

Played at the highest level, part of the national team set up etc. the board were probably rubbing their hands thinking they already had Robbie’s replacement in the building when he retired to become B team coach 1 or 2 years into a 4 year deal. 
Just like Cathro was always meant to replace robbie the first time round, it just happened a different way as we tried to recruit Cathro to replace Robbie as reserve manager when Robbie got the head coach gig but he turned it down. Again I don’t think there were many even linked when Robbie left for MK Dons. Just one target Ian Cathro.
I get teams go through transition periods etc, but this so called model that we appear to have went back to should eradicate this. The truth of the matter is we have incompetent people in the club at all levels from board level, sporting director down. we have a team full of players that simply aren’t good enough, a sporting director who isn’t capable of recruiting properly hence the team full of average players, and a manager who isn’t cable of coaching these average players.  It’s hardly surprising we are where we are at the moment. 
Big changes need to be made in my opinion, a change of manager is one of them, but not sure it should be the first priority.

periodictabledancer
53 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

The fact that Naismith retired from playing while at hearts pretty much guaranteed he was a shoe-in to replace Robbie. Back to the original plan of when the budge era started that we would recruit within and have a conveyor belt of managers, next in line replaces the outgoing manager. 
I think a lot of the fans were sucked in by this fantasy too with Naismith. 

Played at the highest level, part of the national team set up etc. the board were probably rubbing their hands thinking they already had Robbie’s replacement in the building when he retired to become B team coach 1 or 2 years into a 4 year deal. 
Just like Cathro was always meant to replace robbie the first time round, it just happened a different way as we tried to recruit Cathro to replace Robbie as reserve manager when Robbie got the head coach gig but he turned it down. Again I don’t think there were many even linked when Robbie left for MK Dons. Just one target Ian Cathro.
I get teams go through transition periods etc, but this so called model that we appear to have went back to should eradicate this. The truth of the matter is we have incompetent people in the club at all levels from board level, sporting director down. we have a team full of players that simply aren’t good enough, a sporting director who isn’t capable of recruiting properly hence the team full of average players, and a manager who isn’t cable of coaching these average players.  It’s hardly surprising we are where we are at the moment. 
Big changes need to be made in my opinion, a change of manager is one of them, but not sure it should be the first priority.

Cathro was appointed because CL always wanted him - it's no mystery, Cathro admitted he turned CL down on the first approach.

Naismith was appointed out of financial necessity (so I was told) , there is no "model" to promote from within in that regard.

The experiment has been a disaster. His results/ work with the B team was ok at best. 

There is no style or plan with the first team. No players are showing any signs of improvement, they are stagnating or regressing. Job of the coach/manager is to get results and improve the players. Getting absolutely nothing from the current management.

as stated elsewhere - our old firm record is abysmal, but the managers (I think) with the best recent record against them are Stendel and Sergio, 2 managers who were not linked to Scottish football, didn’t care who they were and played to win the game. Not playing to hang in there for a draw and maybe Nick a goal. Even Laszlo appears to have a better overall record against them than Levein, Neilson and even Jeffries second time round 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

It's as simple as that.

Do you trust anyone at the club to make the right decision with who replaces him? 

The team is no better than it was under Robbie Neilson. In fact if anything I would say it is worse. 

I'll be surprised if he lasts to the end of the season the way things are going. 

3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Cathro was appointed because CL always wanted him - it's no mystery, Cathro admitted he turned CL down on the first approach.

Naismith was appointed out of financial necessity (so I was told) , there is no "model" to promote from within in that regard.

Financial necessity?!! Where the feck has all our money gone then? I thought we were a financially well run club? Wheres the Foh money going ? That's surely got to be bullocks? There is absolutely no chance that that is the reason why Naismith was appointed. The only reason I can think of is because a certain person or "chairwoman" rather wanted Naismith to get the job.

And btw McKinley can go feck himself for trying to blame the fans for the appointment too.

On 17/10/2023 at 07:24, been here before said:

You're better using the D.I.S.C.O. What are DISCO? Well they're delirious, incredible, superficial, complicated oh, oh, ohs.

Not to be confused with YMCAs which have everything for young men to enjoy and you can hang out with all the boys.

Combine DISCO x YMCA and you get A E A E I O U U which means I sometimes cry.

Ear worm. 😂

I O U nothing, nothing at all. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you trust anyone at the club to make the right decision with who replaces him? 

We have a few good candidates for the job on here. We got to give him till after the Winter window. I think it's the players letting us down TBH. 

gorgierulesapply88

45 minutes.

I feel, Naismith has to remain at the club.

It's historically known we're shitebags. Haring, chucked a once in a 'lifetime' win at Ibrox. Sibbick, wouldn't get a game for civil service! Imposter.

Hampden, miles off it.

Left after the 1st, why? Because I knew what was coming.

Devlin and Beni are imperative to the way we play. Link-up Boyce is a massive part of that jigsaw. Far to passive, allowed the rotations from Rangers to constantly cause us problems. He'd be better having a brain fart moment, and geeing Kirk Forrestor & others are chance.

We're done. 

Clark, is Jack Hamilton of this era! Jobbies.

Bottom line is he is on notice. Won’t be sacked because lost to the OF. 

won 4, drew 1 and lost 1 in last 6 against non OF. He will have to keep that sort of record up from here in the next 6 non OF games or he will inevitably be on his way. 

Going to Hampden yesterday nobody expected a Hearts win and we just wanted the players to put in some effort some effort which they certainly did. I am astonished that fans felt we did not do as well as we could against a team with one player who cost more than our whole team with millions of pounds signings in throughout the team and on the bench. Our form has picked up recently and hopefully we'll start picking up points on Saturday. 

The inevitable is that Naismith won’t last as the Hearts manager. It’s a shame as he is potentially a good Hearts manager but our board have ruined him by giving him far too big a job far too early in his career. 

We look like a team which is coached by someone who was managing in the Lowland League a few months ago.

Why we accepted this at the time when the appointment is the equivalent of us hiring Mick Kennedy (aka Soldiers of Love) from East Kilbride. A nonsensical appointment and in no way an upgrade on Neilson.

Coaching badges aren’t the be all and end all, however it was a red flag for me that Naismith hadn’t prioritised this and had the qualification, he had plenty time to get on to a course. For me it sums up an attitude of “I know better” which concerns me, as he clearly is demonstrating he doesn’t.

It’s all far too cosy, managed by former player and B Team manager, coached by a guy who had a desk job for years before we wheeled him out to use his qualification and another guy who has failed to improve players over a number of years under multiple coaches.

We either give Naismith a pass for a couple of learning seasons in the hope he comes good. Or we get in someone who knows what they are doing.