Give Naismith time, what he is trying to achieve, our identity

Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bender said:

Rosenborg struggled to get past Crusaders and were languishing near the bottom of the league when we played them. Should always have progressed from that tie. PAOK have been the only team you could see a clear gulf in quality imo. 

All true, both those teams were good on the break and played better football than we did. 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Bender

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot

Be good if every manager got time, but the bar has been set at below 3rd and it's failure and change required.

The board set that last season.

I'm not sure that gives Naismith much wiggle room or time.

If we settle for worse then I'm unsure why we changed things?

If we're bottom 6 after a round of fixtures and out the lc on top of not beating hibs in 3 attempts then I see no way forward for him with some- if they hold true to previous form

If we're about 4th or 5th, playing well and with injured players returning then I can see merit in sticking with him and giving him time.

As always,  everyone oot isn't a solution either,  if Naismith goes, who replaces him, will they be instantly better or will they also need time?

If the later is likley, then why not give Naismith time?

However, if the board thinks dropping from 3rd to 4th is a sackable offence then if we are bottom 6 and adrift of 3rd then by their own standards set- a change will be required.

**** knows what we do if that happens.

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be good if every manager got time, but the bar has been set at below 3rd and it's failure and change required.

The board set that last season.

I'm not sure that gives Naismith much wiggle room or time.

If we settle for worse then I'm unsure why we changed things?

If we're bottom 6 after a round of fixtures and out the lc on top of not beating hibs in 3 attempts then I see no way forward for him with some- if they hold true to previous form

If we're about 4th or 5th, playing well and with injured players returning then I can see merit in sticking with him and giving him time.

As always,  everyone oot isn't a solution either,  if Naismith goes, who replaces him, will they be instantly better or will they also need time?

If the later is likley, then why not give Naismith time?

However, if the board thinks dropping from 3rd to 4th is a sackable offence then if we are bottom 6 and adrift of 3rd then by their own standards set- a change will be required.

**** knows what we do if that happens.

I think it's rather more nuanced than you've laid out. You are clearly still utterly enraged and inconsolable at the departure of Robbie Neilson and it seeps through in almost every post. 

There was clearly more going on than merely a capitulation in the league that did for Neilson. I'm really not sure that you'll ever be able to acknowledge or accept that reality. 

Managers greatly influence a team but it’s still about quality of players and the other things they bring.  But that’s also in part (a big part) down to the manager 

Are we seeing signs he could become a good a manager?   Has he inherited enough of the kind of the players that can play his way?  Not only in style and quality but robustness and a strong mentality?

All these things take a lot of time to turn around if Naismith thinks it needs turning around.  

I’ve yet to see the kind of managerial impact since probably Jim Jefferies (second spell) and the shift in energy, attacking prowess and general competence from players. Again though, I think the make up of players was even different then and that was only 12 years ago.  

Edited by Debut 4

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Managers greatly influence a team but it’s still about quality of players and the other things they bring.  But that’s also in part (a big part) down to the manager 

Are we seeing signs he could become a good a manager?   Has he inherited enough of the kind of the players that can play his way?  Not only in style and quality but robustness and a strong mentality?

All these things take a lot of time to turn around if Naismith thinks it needs turning around.  

I’ve yet to see the kind of managerial impact since probably Jim Jefferies (second spell) and the shift in energy, attacking prowess and general competence from players. Again though, I think the make up of players was even different then and that was only 12 years ago.  

That squad shit the bed last season. Old habits have continued into this season. They're collectively anything but mentally strong. We saw overwhelming evidence of that 10 days ago during a 120 second cluster**** with a repeat offender central to the collapse. 

willie wallace

Obviously I must have missed something because I cant remember anyone around me calling for Lowry to come off because he was tired.

He made a great run from the touch line which led to our second goal and 5 mins later

he is subbed for being tired.

I know he hasn't played that many games but 2 up and cruising you should

be able to last 90mins

Maybe they should watch the rugby matches from the weekend..

Players could barely get off the

ground to celebrate epic wins

Thats what being tired looks like..

Drylaw Hearts

I’ve not seen anything so far that makes me think we’re onto a good thing with Naismith.

It’s all been a bit meh so far.

Bit like his stint as Hearts captain…….

44 minutes ago, Carter said:

That squad shit the bed last season. Old habits have continued into this season. They're collectively anything but mentally strong. We saw overwhelming evidence of that 10 days ago during a 120 second cluster**** with a repeat offender central to the collapse. 

Therefore, is there justification for the criticism Naismith takes if the team isn’t quite in the image he wants?

Again, we aren’t sure if he’ll have the credentials to make Hearts into a better team in all aspects because any manager can say what’s wrong with their team and spout how they want them to end up/improve. 

So, that comes down to actions.  Getting players in (or promoting/improving players internally) and seeing what his array of responses are in-game over the course of the season.   The latter has already been raised as concerns but does he have leeway to improve on that himself?

been here before
1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I’ve not seen anything so far that makes me think we’re onto a good thing with Naismith.

It’s all been a bit meh so far.

Bit like his stint as Hearts captain…….

Nah you're wrong. The footballing brains on here were telling us he'd be a great manager. Albeit based on absolutely nothing more than a few decent games in a maroon jersey.

I wish all managers were given time 😂🤣,what like given an spfl standard player that had just been getting paid 10k by Rangers to come play in the championship,given his own team his own people.

2.5 years of being properly backed, to point it out for those that still haven't figured it out,we are skint Savage was asked if anymore players were coming in after Motherwell game,he received abuse during this game,his words back to angry fan we are skint,we have a squad of 25 players.

He then replied maybe if Naismith could see past Boyce and Shankland.

The supporter then replied but we brought in Tagawa,Savage said Naismith wanted a striker that was prepared to go in behind defences.

Now does that sound like a DOF that's fully behind Naismith?

Funny way to show it.

Naismith similar to Stendel, has been left with the old regime's teaboys.

Joe's mate found himself in a position out of nowhere.

While Forrest remained on the coaching staff from the previous regime.

Anyone saying Naismith has been properly backed is deluded.

Naismith has been backed has he ?

Then why did Aberdeen and Hibs both outspend us in the transfer window.

You want to know the reason ?

Because we are still paying of Robbie and Teeth?

We are skint, we were told by evening news we would look at free agent market,massive smokescreen to make it look like we are being proactive.

I'll back Naismith when i think he's being done a raw deal,I'll also call him out when he makes a james hunt of it.

What you see is what you get with me.

So far he's managed to get Forrest playing to a decent standard again.

I had written Forrest, Grant,Halliday off.

Cleared that up ^

Now was it Naismith's fault we ended up drawing with Hibs.

In my opinion no.

Reason 1.for 60 mins we played them off the park.

Had 63%Possession which dropped radically when we scored our second.

Why did our Possession drop because hibs decided to go for it being 2-0 down.

Shankland let the team down massively, by picking up a stupid booking.

Now apologies for these highlights they are from Hibs.

Now we are 2-0 up why when Shankland,pressed first half does he allow rocky the time and freedom to play a pass into midfield 2nd half?

This forces beni to go and press but he's to far off and he leaves his man inbehind.

Then look at where rocky ends up and how he impacts the first goal by blocking off Rowles for the 1st goal.

Why doesn't Shankland track him?

Shankland is our first line of press.

It's his responsibility he is the captain,why didn't he sacrifice his game for the better of the team.

Unfortunately some won't blame him because he scores goals,he's a very good player,but sometimes you have to sacrifice for the greater cause.

Edited by Bongo 1874

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I wish all managers were given time 😂🤣,what like given an spfl standard player that had just been getting paid 10k by Rangers to come play in the championship,given his own team his own people.

2.5 years of being properly backed, to point it out for those that still haven't figured it out,we are skint Savage was asked if anymore players were coming in after Motherwell game,he received abuse during this game,his words back to angry fan we are skint,we have a squad of 25 players.

The supporter then replied but we brought in Tagawa,Savage said Naismith wanted a striker that was prepared to go in behind defences.

Funny way to show it.

We are skint, we were told by evening news we would look at free agent market,massive smokescreen to make it look like we are being proactive.

I'll back Naismith when i think he's being done a raw deal,I'll also call him out when he makes a james hunt of it.

Cleared that up ^

In my opinion no.

Now we are 2-0 up why when Shankland,pressed first half does he allow rocky the time and freedom to play a pass into midfield 2nd half?

This forces beni to go and press but he's to far off and he leaves his man inbehind.

Then look at where rocky ends up and how he impacts the first goal by blocking off Rowles for the 1st goal.

It's his responsibility he is the captain,why didn't he sacrifice his game for the better of the team.

Unfortunately some won't blame him because he scores goals,he's a very good player,but sometimes you have to sacrifice for the greater cause.

Neither Neilson or McCulloch seem in a hurry to get back into the game which probably tells it's own story.

I believe Naismith may start to make life easier for himself when he is in a position to deploy Tagawa in a role similar to what Gino gave us last season. 

On 16/10/2023 at 17:26, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith hasn't had the luxury of bringing his own people in.

And for what it's worth, i don't believe the dof fully backs him.

Just another conspiracy theory to hide the fact that everything this football genius guaranteed in the summer has proved to be nonsense.

Then I read his latest ramblings. All Pro-Stendel this and anti-Neilson that. Utterly bonkers. As unbalanced as views on kickback come.

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Just another conspiracy theory to hide the fact that everything this football genius guaranteed in the summer has proved to be nonsense.

Then I read his latest ramblings. All Pro-Stendel this and anti-Neilson that. Utterly bonkers. As unbalanced as views on kickback come.

Please point out 👍.

been here before
16 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

He's a weapons grade slaverbomb.

The Stendel fixation borders on the weird as ****. He's become an absolute parody of himself.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Please point out 👍.

Naismith said he wanted 4 to 6 players in the summer. He got 7. He got more than he wanted. He also got an extended contract for the youngster that the club had previously thought not good enough but that Naismith wanted brought back. There was no attempt to sell any of our key assets including the star striker who Naismith chooses to play every week. You might not rate Shankland but Naismith clearly does. Naismith has clearly been backed on player recruitment and retention.

There is zero evidence that Naismith wanted someone else as assistant manager and coach. He was interviewed for the job. He could have proposed a different set-up. He didn't need McAvoy for Europe, he just needed a pro-licence qualified coach. All Naismith has done is talk up his working with those around him. The idea that he didn't want them is a figment of your imagination. A conspiracy theory.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Funny way to show it.

Cleared that up ^

In my opinion no.

Naismith is nowher near as bad as Stendel and he had a summer transfer window to get players in. The situations are almost complete opposites.

He also inherited a team a win of 3rd place, not spiralling out near the bottom

Only you could draw comparisons to Stendel. 

Absolutely belting 

"We are skint"  because we are paying of Bob is also cracker.

One of your best.

23 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Naismith said he wanted 4 to 6 players in the summer. He got 7. He got more than he wanted. He also got an extended contract for the youngster that the club had previously thought not good enough but that Naismith wanted brought back. There was no attempt to sell any of our key assets including the star striker who Naismith chooses to play every week. You might not rate Shankland but Naismith clearly does. Naismith has clearly been backed on player recruitment and retention.

There is zero evidence that Naismith wanted someone else as assistant manager and coach. He was interviewed for the job. He could have proposed a different set-up. He didn't need McAvoy for Europe, he just needed a pro-licence qualified coach. All Naismith has done is talk up his working with those around him. The idea that he didn't want them is a figment of your imagination. A conspiracy theory.

Joe has already came out recently saying our 1st set of targets we didn't get.

This was said by Joe fact recently.

A contract was given to Denholm resulting in a further extension.

Again you avoid the question,if Naismith was backed then how did Aberdeen pay 1.5 mil for Clarkson and Hibs pay 900k for Vente.

Aberdeen and Hibs paid more than us in the transfer market fact.

Who do you suppose Naismith pick instead of Shankland we have had 6-7 out injured.

And you are complaining about being 4th.

There is also zero evidence that Naismith wanted Forrest or McAvoy.

Just to give you a wee reminder but watch McAvoy try and tell Haring what to do,when he's coming on at half time against killie,and watch Naismith reaction too it.

Actions speak louder than words.

Again you avoid the fact we are skint.

Hence why Hibs outspent us along with Aberdeen.

I wonder why that is,is it conspiracy to think we are still paying off people we gave 3yr fecking contracts too.

Absolutely deluded.

He's been backed 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Montgomery over at Hibs has had more in terms of backroom staff fact.

They have Sergio Raimundo who was at CCM with Montgomery.

Along with the goalkeeping coach Miguel Miranda.

Utter nonsense you are coming away with.

Please don't message back you could put you're knowledge of football, on the back of a postage stamp.

Edited by Bongo 1874

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Naismith is nowher near as bad as Stendel and he had a summer transfer window to get players in. The situations are almost complete opposites.

Absolutely belting 

One of your best.

Gonnae no.

Edited by Bongo 1874

58 minutes ago, Carter said:

Neither Neilson or McCulloch seem in a hurry to get back into the game which probably tells it's own story.

I believe Naismith may start to make life easier for himself when he is in a position to deploy Tagawa in a role similar to what Gino gave us last season. 

Stendel is the devil Naismith is the devil.

Both took wage cuts.

Levein nope,and Robbie now nope.

PHM fact 🤔.

So, are you saying that despite being skint, not getting his own backroom team or spending money on players  and not being backed by the DoF, he will come good anyway given time?

3 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

So, are you saying that despite being skint, not getting his own backroom team or spending money on players  and not being backed by the DoF, he will come good anyway given time?

Reality is were we in for cifuentes or anyone else ? You be the judge.

Naismith was the cheap option it doesn't take a scientist to work it out mate.

I think Naismith can become a good coach/manager given time and resources.

I had to watch Robbie for 2.5 years why shouldn't Naismith get the same?

Edited by Bongo 1874

We are a possession based team that tries to win the ball high up the pitch,and then break into attacks from there.

Intensity is our identity are you just making this up? I'll give you the evidence and you can be the judge.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://theanalyst.com/2023/08/scottish-premiership-stats-2023-24-opta/&ved=2ahUKEwibs5u1-fqBAxUGJsAKHTNIBJsQFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1R8mGYL6iULauwFJ59HmQI

As it stands we have the lowest PPDA in league, for those that don't know what PPDA is.

What does PPDA mean in football?

Passes Allowed Per Defensive Action

Passes Allowed Per Defensive Action (PPDA)

To measure the pressure that the defending team puts on the opposition players when they are in possession of the ball. The definition of PPDA is: PPDA = Number of Passes made by Attacking Team (oppoenent) / Number of Defensive Actions.

A high PPDA value indicates that a team sits off more than others; they make few attempts to press the player on the ball in the opposition's half or near the halfway line. Rather than counter-press after losing possession, the players make recovery runs and the team drops into a mid or low block.

What does a low PPDA mean? A low PPDA value indicates a higher intensity to a team's pressing. A low value shows that the team allows their opponents fewer passes for every defensive action that one of their players makes.

We are currently 1st with a score of 8.9.

Rangers 2nd 9.1

Celtic 3rd 9.4

Hibs 4th 10.5 🤣.

The link above shows the evidence.

Here is actual game footage.

the Aberdeen game shows what we are trying to achieve,they were forced to go long due to our high press,and constant pressure no time approach.

We dominated possession and the game despite having many players out.

Give him time he isn't the problem.

When Naismith does eventually leave this is the philosophy,  we need to stick to when appointing someone else.

This will allow a smooth transition,and no confusion of what is expected from the players,from fans.

Very confident for the game against Celtic.

Has someone hand written one of Cathro's post match interviews lol

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Nah you're wrong. The footballing brains on here were telling us he'd be a great manager. Albeit based on absolutely nothing more than a few decent games in a maroon jersey.

And some completely meaningless stats.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Absolutely none of this happened.

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Joe has already came out recently saying our 1st set of targets we didn't get.

This was said by Joe fact recently.

A contract was given to Denholm resulting in a further extension.

Again you avoid the question,if Naismith was backed then how did Aberdeen pay 1.5 mil for Clarkson and Hibs pay 900k for Vente.

Aberdeen and Hibs paid more than us in the transfer market fact.

Who do you suppose Naismith pick instead of Shankland we have had 6-7 out injured.

And you are complaining about being 4th.

There is also zero evidence that Naismith wanted Forrest or McAvoy.

Just to give you a wee reminder but watch McAvoy try and tell Haring what to do,when he's coming on at half time against killie,and watch Naismith reaction too it.

Actions speak louder than words.

Again you avoid the fact we are skint.

Hence why Hibs outspent us along with Aberdeen.

I wonder why that is,is it conspiracy to think we are still paying off people we gave 3yr fecking contracts too.

Absolutely deluded.

He's been backed 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Montgomery over at Hibs has had more in terms of backroom staff fact.

They have Sergio Raimundo who was at CCM with Montgomery.

Along with the goalkeeping coach Miguel Miranda.

Utter nonsense you are coming away with.

Please don't message back you could put you're knowledge of football, on the back of a postage stamp.

Thinking Stendel is an amazing manager and criticising other people's footballing knowledge is the height of irony.

I didn't complain about being fourth. Swing and a miss. I have been saying Naismith needs more time. I'm just calling out your fairytales.

Every team in the world misses out on some signing targets. If that is your definition of a manager not being backed, then no manager in the world is being backed by their board.

I suggest you read your own posts from the summer about the amazing world Naismith would deliver straight away, when you knew the players we had signed, and your posts now about how he hasn't been backed and needs more time. It becomes very clear very quickly who is the one with no football knowledge. You have as much substance as your hero Daniel.

45 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Absolutely belting 

One of your best.

He inherited a team that chucked how many points ? and left what to work with ? Hence why we needed 6-7 players in the summer just to make up the numbers.

And just like his mentor he left us with crocked fecking players.

You want him to fail to prove you're we point that Robbie is the best.

But are that deluded to say he's been backed,to then totally avoid the question well if he's been backed did we spend more than Aberdeen or Hibs ?

The answer no ? But somehow he is still ahead of them ? Imagine what he would do with his own backroom staff and a proper DoF like Takis Fyssas a winner born winner.

You were quick to mock stendel along with others but he's sitting joint top and in a job.

I won't go any further as it's getting embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Thinking Stendel is an amazing manager and criticising other people's footballing knowledge is the height of irony.

I didn't complain about being fourth. Swing and a miss. I have been saying Naismith needs more time. I'm just calling out your fairytales.

Every team in the world misses out on some signing targets. If that is your definition of a manager not being backed, then no manager in the world is being backed by their board.

I suggest you read your own posts from the summer about the amazing world Naismith would deliver straight away, when you knew the players we had signed, and your posts now about how he hasn't been backed and needs more time. It becomes very clear very quickly who is the one with no football knowledge. You have as much substance as your hero Daniel.

Stendel is sitting joint top of the league on points.

Sorry but have you played for Hearts or has Andy Irving,Anthony Mcdonald,Naismith, Washington, Clare,Bozanic.

I'll take there judgement and info over you everyday of the week.

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He inherited a team that chucked how many points ? and left what to work with ? Hence why we needed 6-7 players in the summer just to make up the numbers.

But are that deluded to say he's been backed,to then totally avoid the question well if he's been backed did we spend more than Aberdeen or Hibs ?

The answer no ? But somehow he is still ahead of them ? Imagine what he would do with his own backroom staff and a proper DoF like Takis Fyssas a winner born winner.

You were quick to mock stendel along with others but he's sitting joint top and in a job.

Managing a reserve team that is joint top of one of five regional leagues at the fourth tier of German football. You think that is something to brag about after he lost every first team management job he ever had within 16months and left us bottom of the league. You really are a strange fish.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Stendel is sitting joint top of the league on points.

Sorry but have you played for Hearts or has Andy Irving,Anthony Mcdonald,Naismith, Washington, Clare,Bozanic.

I'll take there judgement and info over you everyday of the week.

Totally wackadoodle. A pure fantasist. As we have seen so many times when your claims of in the know info have proven to be utter garbage.

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Managing a reserve team that is joint top of one of five regional leagues at the fourth tier of German football. You think that is something to brag about after he lost every first team management job he ever had within 16months and left us bottom of the league. You really are a strange fish.

Not bragging stating facts,Hannover are a decent sized team ask @davemclaren.

He's loved at Barnsley and Hannover.

Again you avoid the question is he really that bad a manager? 

They all rated him.

15 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Joe you can't really have a go when you played for the mighty montrose.

We are a possession based team that tries to win the ball high up the pitch,and then break into attacks from there.

Intensity is our identity are you just making this up? I'll give you the evidence and you can be the judge.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://theanalyst.com/2023/08/scottish-premiership-stats-2023-24-opta/&ved=2ahUKEwibs5u1-fqBAxUGJsAKHTNIBJsQFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1R8mGYL6iULauwFJ59HmQI

As it stands we have the lowest PPDA in league, for those that don't know what PPDA is.

What does PPDA mean in football?

Passes Allowed Per Defensive Action

Passes Allowed Per Defensive Action (PPDA)

To measure the pressure that the defending team puts on the opposition players when they are in possession of the ball. The definition of PPDA is: PPDA = Number of Passes made by Attacking Team (oppoenent) / Number of Defensive Actions.

A high PPDA value indicates that a team sits off more than others; they make few attempts to press the player on the ball in the opposition's half or near the halfway line. Rather than counter-press after losing possession, the players make recovery runs and the team drops into a mid or low block.

What does a low PPDA mean? A low PPDA value indicates a higher intensity to a team's pressing. A low value shows that the team allows their opponents fewer passes for every defensive action that one of their players makes.

We are currently 1st with a score of 8.9.

Rangers 2nd 9.1

Celtic 3rd 9.4

Hibs 4th 10.5 🤣.

The link above shows the evidence.

Here is actual game footage.

the Aberdeen game shows what we are trying to achieve,they were forced to go long due to our high press,and constant pressure no time approach.

We dominated possession and the game despite having many players out.

Give him time he isn't the problem.

When Naismith does eventually leave this is the philosophy,  we need to stick to when appointing someone else.

This will allow a smooth transition,and no confusion of what is expected from the players,from fans.

Very confident for the game against Celtic.

Where did Neilson or Stendel stand on the PPDA ranking?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Where did Neilson or Stendel stand on the PPDA ranking?

Don't have the stats mate I'm sure someone could get them though.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We lost players, by my guess about 7 or 8 then got new ones in, that is normal. Not sure of your point, the team finished 4th, it was the 4th best in the country when Naismith over.

No idea what your point reference injuries is, both Naismith and Bob had to deal with that.

Stendel taken over a team 11th ( he done well to make us worse and 12th, quite an achievement)

Not sure I mock Stendel,  pointing out his record and him taking us bottom is not the improvement I wanted after CL and is factual. 

No idea if we spent more than hibs and  Aberdeen,  my guess is we are all very close in terms of player budgets.

I don't want anyone to fail, I want Naismith to succeed and I think he should get time. ( clearly you can't read as other posters all over here want him gone). I don't often think sacking people helps or is half a plan, I still think this.

However,  if we sack a manager for dropping from 3rd to 4th, then the expectarion is that we got rid of the previous manager to improve,  not get worse and the jury is out on that atm.

You are just all over the place tbh, I remember your posts about how great the new signings were going to be and now you are saying Naismith hasn't been backed and we're skint.

All over the place and jumping about that much you've went down a hole that has taken you another ridiculous stance.

Skippy Doodle
46 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They all rated him.

I can see Stendel being good for players in terms of coaching etc

i also think it’s not as simple as a black and white he is a good or bad manager

what I would suggest is that it was certainly the wrong appointment given were we were  at the time

given our options defensively, it was ludicrous to play such a high line

He also persisted with weetabix wrists for too long

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They all rated him.

You really like Stendel, eh?

47 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Joe you can't really have a go when you played for the mighty montrose.

I'm confused it is me or @Bender who is Joe Savage? You really do develop some strong irrational hatreds of certain people who work for Hearts. The "you are .X in disguise" patter for anyone who disagrees with you is really tired and pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm confused it is me or @Bender who is Joe Savage? You really do develop some strong irrational hatreds of certain people who work for Hearts. The "you are .X in disguise" patter for anyone who disagrees with you is really tired and pathetic.

Don't hate no-one life is to short.

I will call out those who try to hide the blame and pass it on others.

Savage,Forrest, McAvoy all culpable.

Naismith is a rookie coach.

He deserves time and properly backed.

Though some don't like to admit it Hibs and Aberdeen outspent us in transfermarket.

Maybe that's down to them being able to get money for sellable assets though?

Instead we lose souttar for £0 under Neilson.

Ginnelly was allowed to run down his contract we received £0.

Who was manager that allowed him to run that down and DOF?

Neilson and Savage?

Gino didn't deserve an earlier extension?

Naismith has not been backed,then you take into account the injuries, he's been done with no vaseline.

Skippy Doodle
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't hate no-one life is to short.

Savage,Forrest, McAvoy all culpable.

Naismith is a rookie coach.

He deserves time and properly backed.

Though some don't like to admit it Hibs and Aberdeen outspent us in transfermarket.

Maybe that's down to them being able to get money for sellable assets though?

Instead we lose souttar for £0 under Neilson.

Ginnelly was allowed to run down his contract we received £0.

Who was manager that allowed him to run that down and DOF?

Neilson and Savage?

Gino didn't deserve an earlier extension?

Naismith has not been backed,then you take into account the injuries, he's been done with no vaseline.

This all seems very one sided (I will concede it was the right time for Robbie to go and I’m not convinced by our recruitment model but it is a collaborative effort with the manager getting the final say)

the Gino decision looks bad in hindsight but pre January if this year I reckon most would of been apathetic to his long term future at the club as a wide option

we did try to keep both Souttar and Gino but couldn’t match what they were being offered elsewhere

i don’t quite understand the Naismith hasn’t been backed narrative. What makes you say that?

Arthur Morgan
12 hours ago, Bender said:

Aye Lowry was spent, but we had Boyce and Grant sat on the bench who would've made far more sense. Instead he brought on a defensive midfielder to try and sit on a two goal lead with half an hour to go. An utterly ridiculous thing to do in a derby and one that flies entirely in the face of this horseshit that he wants us to play attacking football.

That substitution absolutely killed our momentum. Absolutely crazy to think anyone would defend that decision.

This.

44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Except that is all the rest of your post was. Your views are all so one-sided. No fault lies with Naismith for anything that goes wrong. It was the same with Stendel. It was the opposite with Neilson. You seem to have these totally black and white opinions where individuals are either faultless and should take no blame for anything or take all the blame with no blame spared. Exactly the opposite of your quote above. And the really weird thing is because your views of managers are directly converse to their records, you have to go through these huge mental gymnastics to try to shift blame and prove you are right.

Some of us accept the shades of grey in the world. Naismith has done some things well and others badly. At the moment his results have overall been poor, but it is too early to reach a definitive judgment. 

13 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Except that is all the rest of your post was. Your views are all so one-sided. No fault lies with Naismith for anything that goes wrong. It was the same with Stendel. It was the opposite with Neilson. You seem to have these totally black and white opinions where individuals are either faultless and should take no blame for anything or take all the blame with no blame spared. Exactly the opposite of your quote above. And the really weird thing is because your views of managers are directly converse to their records, you have to go through these huge mental gymnastics to try to shift blame and prove you are right.

Some of us accept the shades of grey in the world. Naismith has done some things well and others badly. At the moment his results have overall been poor, but it is too early to reach a definitive judgment. 

Never said Naismith doesn't get blame ultimately we should of done better, in certain games.

Do I think Naismith has been backed properly no.

You are entitled to an opinion.

I asked has Aberdeen and Hibs spent more than us, that is fact Hibs close to £2mil Aberdeen well over £2mil.

Robson got the staff he wanted.

Montgomery got the staff he wanted.

57 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

This all seems very one sided (I will concede it was the right time for Robbie to go and I’m not convinced by our recruitment model but it is a collaborative effort with the manager getting the final say)

the Gino decision looks bad in hindsight but pre January if this year I reckon most would of been apathetic to his long term future at the club as a wide option

we did try to keep both Souttar and Gino but couldn’t match what they were being offered elsewhere

i don’t quite understand the Naismith hasn’t been backed narrative. What makes you say that?

See above ^