AlphonseCapone

periodictabledancer
53 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

There are 15 million Jews globally.

7 million in israel

6 million in the USA

2 million everywhere else.

The holocaust wiped 6 million.

Is it any wonder they fight like a trapped tiger.

Their enemies vastly outnumber them , and have actually stated they want to wipe them out .

They will, literally , fight to the end, because if they lose Israel, the islamists will slaughter them all.

They're a nuclear superpower that the US arms to the teeth. 

Their people might be individually at risk but Israel , the state, will live on. regardless. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Their people might be individually at risk but Israel , the state, will live on. regardless. 

And that's the risk. If they, Israel, unilaterally nuke Tehran, for example.

Where does that end?

Hence the western leaders going there to offer support, but to pull them back a bit.

Long term thinking needed.

6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Do you think that Israel deserves to live on?

Not being wide.

But lots of chat about critique of Israel being anti jew.

So does anyone think Israel itself should  be denied ?

24 minutes ago, Ked said:

But lots of chat about critique of Israel being anti jew. 

This is one of the nuances which I find uncomfortable about the reporting of recent events. The narrative that this is the biggest attack on Jews since the Holocaust. The Holocaust was an attack on Jews, this wasn't. This was an attack on the Nation State of Israel. An abhorrent and unjustified attack on the people of Israel, who, yes, are Jewish. 

On 16/10/2023 at 22:02, Malinga the Swinga said:

As this is in retaliation to death of a child in US, should it not he on a different thread as it's nothing to do with Israel or Palestine.

I mean everyone pretty much agrees ISIS are terrorists.

On 17/10/2023 at 07:57, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well that is utter nonsense and it's **** all to do with Palestine and Israel

It's a direct threat to Swedish citizens as there was a lot of Quran burning in Sweden earlier this year. Sweden also interested in joining NATO which is stirring up bother no end with their Moslem community.

Muslim terror groups, such as ISIS, couldn't give a **** about Palestine. They want to destroy West, create Islamic law, and they don't care who they kill in the process.

On 17/10/2023 at 09:43, fabienleclerq said:

Make your mind up😂

Made your mind up yet?

17 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

This is one of the nuances which I find uncomfortable about the reporting of recent events. The narrative that this is the biggest attack on Jews since the Holocaust. The Holocaust was an attack on Jews, this wasn't. This was an attack on the Nation State of Israel. An abhorrent and unjustified attack on the people of Israel, who, yes, are Jewish. 

Are you being serious? 🤔

Diadora Van Basten

I was watching Peston and the only person who made sense was the Norwegian aid guy. Also interesting to see the breakdown of sympathies in the UK. With Tory voters predominantly having sympathy for Israel. Sympathy for Palestinians was at 17% for the UK but was about 40% for young people.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

There are 15 million Jews globally.

7 million in israel

6 million in the USA

2 million everywhere else.

The holocaust wiped 6 million.

Is it any wonder they fight like a trapped tiger.

Their enemies vastly outnumber them , and have actually stated they want to wipe them out .

They will, literally , fight to the end, because if they lose Israel, the islamists will slaughter them all.

Home truths don’t change the minds of those on here, who no matter the videos shown from 2 Saturday's ago or known facts will believe it. I find it difficult and maybe it’s an age thing. But Muslim terrorist groups having been terrorizing for 50/60 years. My first memory was Munich 72. They ‘ll never change. They want all non Muslims dead. No ifs ands or buts. They’d kill us quick as look at us. So many on here actually think Israel is wrong to defend themselves. Did Israel bomb Gaza on Oct 6? Or Sept 19th? Or August 23rd? No, there’s been no issue for years. So what set off the lowlife scum Hamas on oct 7? Nothing did. It was just time. A new plan. Some new tactics. Kill Jews, as is their goal. Anyone on here supporting that group or any other terrorist group is sick. Also naive, ignorant and sad. 

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Home truths don’t change the minds of those on here, who no matter the videos shown from 2 Saturday's ago or known facts will believe it. I find it difficult and maybe it’s an age thing. But Muslim terrorist groups having been terrorizing for 50/60 years. My first memory was Munich 72. They ‘ll never change. They want all non Muslims dead. No ifs ands or buts. They’d kill us quick as look at us. So many on here actually think Israel is wrong to defend themselves. Did Israel bomb Gaza on Oct 6? Or Sept 19th? Or August 23rd? No, there’s been no issue for years. So what set off the lowlife scum Hamas on oct 7? Nothing did. It was just time. A new plan. Some new tactics. Kill Jews, as is their goal. Anyone on here supporting that group or any other terrorist group is sick. Also naive, ignorant and sad. 

That would mean you. Israel is the biggest terrorist in the Middle East, back by the world's biggest terrorists The USA and The UK.

Russia and Israel two cheeks of the same arse. Both terrorising a neighbour for years. If neither had nukes 2 things would happen 1. They wouldn't do what they are doing. 2. If they did Nato and the Arabs would go to town on their ass. 

Also amazing the hypocrisy of the west toward both. Both trying to snatch land and wipe out or get rid of the population,  yet its OK for The Ukraine fight back. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good point about the West Bank and No Hamas. 

West Bank has Hezbollah who are different to Hamas because , they have a different name

Where is the defence of Palestinians to defend themselves for many decades from Israeli state terrorism? 

Edited by ri Alban

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

West Bank has Hezbollah who are different to Hamas because , they have a different name

Hezbollah are not in the West Bank. They're in Lebanon.

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That point about accent etc should be quite an easy one to confirm one way or another. I wonder if others are saying the same thing. 

That Lowkey guy seems fairly unbiased, "tears", "lies", "shreds". Did anyone see the the rest of channel 4 thing? What were there conclusions from everything as I assume it wasn't this 60 second segment only.

6 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Israel indiscrimately killing civilians isn't new.

Happy to read the justifications. Should they kill all 2 million civilians in Gaza for their people murdered?

Edited by Mikey1874

Diadora Van Basten

The Palestinian ambassador to the UK did say in a debate with Piers Morgan that they had proof it was Israel and they would release it today. 

35 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The Palestinian ambassador to the UK did say in a debate with Piers Morgan that they had proof it was Israel and they would release it today. 

Ther will be no proof .

it’s easy enough to move a warhead from anywhere to the locus .

Gaza will be littered with them.

I feel that the lack of damage and crater from a missile strike pretty much rules out an impact from modern munitions.

7 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Literally 0 people on here have said Israel shouldn't defend itself.

Literally 0 people on here have said they back Hamas.

12 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I speaking about this last night so I'll put it to the JKB collective. What is it about Israel/Palestine that induces such strong feelings in people who are nowhere near the place nor have any indirect association (via religion or family)?

I'm not asking that in a critical way, it's purely from an academic perspective. It's not the deaths because there are events across the globe with significant deaths that don't elicit the same division. There's a known phenomena where emotional sentiment increases the closer an event takes place to you or the more like you the people are, but that's not it either I wouldn't say. It's not a David versus Goliath thing as people aren't on just one side.

It feels unique the way it causes such visceral reaction across the globe, and I'm curious if anyone has theories why.

For me it's the idea that as long as the right supporting countries agree, you could wake up one day turfed off your land and persecuted as though you're in the wrong somehow. That could happen to anyone, anywhere and it's total bullshit that the international community not only allows it but encourages it.

I also used to play football with a Palestinian lad who's family lived in Gaza and it just sounded barbaric how they're treated.

It is David and Goliath too, or at least proxy Goliath with all of Israel's US funding.

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Ther will be no proof .

I feel that the lack of damage and crater from a missile strike pretty much rules out an impact from modern munitions.

Channel 4 will be happy to take whatever Hamas offer up and run with it as 100% evidence. Their reporters are so sympathetic to them, it's a surprise they don't let them launch rockets from their broadcast vans.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

For me it's the idea that as long as the right supporting countries agree, you could wake up one day turfed off your land and persecuted as though you're in the wrong somehow. That could happen to anyone, anywhere and it's total bullshit that the international community not only allows it but encourages it.

I also used to play football with a Palestinian lad who's family lived in Gaza and it just sounded barbaric how they're treated.

It is David and Goliath too, or at least proxy Goliath with all of Israel's US funding.

Gaza has been free of Israeli occupation since 2005.

Half the population are under 18 so have never know Israeli occupation.

Their own elected government is all they have known and are an anti semitic genocidal organisation .

Since 2006 they regularly launch missiles at civilian targets in a neighbouring country.

Israel has no choice but to restrict Gaza to keep some control over the resources available to Hamas , which would lead to more missiles and murder.

Are Hamas smuggling food and medicine to its people, or are they smuggling weapons?

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Their own elected government is all they have known and are an anti semitic genocidal organisation .

Since 2006 they regularly launch missiles at civilian targets in a neighbouring country.

Israel has no choice but to restrict Gaza to keep some control over the resources available to Hamas , which would lead to more missiles and murder.

Are Hamas smuggling food and medicine to its people, or are they smuggling weapons?

Have you quoted the wrong person? Not sure how any of that is relevant to my post?

Diadora Van Basten
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

“Israel, with Egypt’s help, has turned Gaza into an open-air prison,” said Omar Shakir, Israel and Palestine director at Human Rights Watch. “As many people around the world are once again traveling two years after the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, Gaza’s more than two million Palestinians remain under what amounts to a 15-year-old lockdown.”

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/06/14/gaza-israels-open-air-prison-15

Malinga the Swinga
9 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Made your mind up yet?

Absolutely. Israel should be given carte blanche to go into Gaza, West Bank and wherever else Hamas are based to wipe every single one of them off the face of the earth.

If anyone tries to shelter or protect Hamas, then they too should be summarily dealt with.

No negotiation required, just plenty bullets.

Diadora Van Basten
44 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Ther will be no proof .

As a jumbled narrative emerged, sceptics seized on comments by Tal Heinrich, a spokesperson for Netanyahu, who told CNN on Tuesday night that the “[Israeli army] does not target hospitals”, adding, “We only target Hamas strongholds, arms depots and terror targets”.

But in a statement issued on the night of the explosion, the World Health Organization (WHO) pointed out that there had actually been over 51 attacks on healthcare facilities in Gaza since the start of the conflict on October 7. Fifteen healthcare workers had been killed and 27 injured.

The Israeli military itself had issued evacuation orders last week from 22 hospitals treating more than 2,000 patients in the Gaza Strip as it intensified its bombing campaign. A senior health official in Gaza told Al Jazeera that Israel had fired two artillery shells as a “warning” at al-Ahli Arab Hospital days before the explosion.

“Now, even a hospital is not a safe place anymore …” said Dr Richard Peeperkorn, WHO representative for the West Bank and Gaza.

14 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s an interesting point and I went to Wilkipedia to find out why. In ten years 25 Israeli civilians had been killed by 1000s of rockets fired into Israel. The reason they do it is more symbolic to create fear than to do damage. If 25 people have died in 10 years of rockets then I have my doubts if one rocket could kill 500 people at a hospital.

If I were to throw bricks at your house would you not defend yourself? If Hamas didn't go on a killing spree against unarmed civilians then gaza wouldn't be on the verge of getting wiped off the map. It was a terrorist attack, people justifying it are mental, It would be like justifying the Manchester attacks, Paris attacks, 9/11 etc...

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

“Israel, with Egypt’s help, has turned Gaza into an open-air prison,” said Omar Shakir, Israel and Palestine director at Human Rights Watch. “As many people around the world are once again traveling two years after the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, Gaza’s more than two million Palestinians remain under what amounts to a 15-year-old lockdown.”

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/06/14/gaza-israels-open-air-prison-15

It’s a prison .

Where people can visit and stay, visit relatives , has schools and hospitals.

Which has a standing army and a government .

which has thousands of missiles .

a prison that regularly attacks its neighbours.

What would happen if Gaza was not penned in?

Israel is not willing to take down walls and restrictions in case things get worse .

egypt is not willing in case their own issue with Islamist seperatists in Sinai get worse .

Islamist extremism is what keeps them locked down.

Would you want Hamas free to come and go and allow free movement of goods into Gaza?

SectionDJambo
8 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I was watching Peston and the only person who made sense was the Norwegian aid guy. 

Yes.

Asked who to believe, Hamas or the Israeli government, about the hospital bombing, without hesitation he said neither of them. That's where I'm at.

There are little or no good guys on either side. Just fanatical maniacs who don't care about murdering or causing the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

All the tears from the anti Israeli media in UK and elsewhere doesn't change the facts.The Hamas government has received billions in aid in last few years. They could have spent it on housing, infrastructure, schools and other areas like transport. Instead, they have spent it on arms and keeping their leadership in a comfortable lifestyle. They have spent virtually zero on Palestinian people. That is down to two sets of people only, Hamas and Palestinians. One did it and the other sits and let's it happen.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

As a jumbled narrative emerged, sceptics seized on comments by Tal Heinrich, a spokesperson for Netanyahu, who told CNN on Tuesday night that the “[Israeli army] does not target hospitals”, adding, “We only target Hamas strongholds, arms depots and terror targets”.

But in a statement issued on the night of the explosion, the World Health Organization (WHO) pointed out that there had actually been over 51 attacks on healthcare facilities in Gaza since the start of the conflict on October 7. Fifteen healthcare workers had been killed and 27 injured.

The Israeli military itself had issued evacuation orders last week from 22 hospitals treating more than 2,000 patients in the Gaza Strip as it intensified its bombing campaign. A senior health official in Gaza told Al Jazeera that Israel had fired two artillery shells as a “warning” at al-Ahli Arab Hospital days before the explosion.

“Now, even a hospital is not a safe place anymore …” said Dr Richard Peeperkorn, WHO representative for the West Bank and Gaza.

I am sceptical even with the BBC verify. Palestinians have fired thousands of rockets and never hit a hospital in Gaza before. The timing happens to coincide with Israel is dropping thousands of bombs and days after they fired warning shots close to the hospital and had instructed the hospital to be evacuated.

I think what is more likely to happen is that Israel thought they had the green light from it’s allies to bomb this hospital as it was not doing what was asked of them and when they saw the backlash they were caught by surprise and to cover it up blamed it on the Palestinians. There was a tweet by someone on the Israeli side immediately after saying that Palestinians could not use hospitals for military use but this was later deleted.

What should happen now is independent investigators should be allowed in to Gaza to examine the evidence but Israel will not agree to this. If history is anything to go by Israel will admit it was them in a couple of months time by which time the backlash will have subsided.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

All the tears from the anti Israeli media in UK and elsewhere doesn't change the facts.The Hamas government has received billions in aid in last few years. They could have spent it on housing, infrastructure, schools and other areas like transport. Instead, they have spent it on arms and keeping their leadership in a comfortable lifestyle. They have spent virtually zero on Palestinian people. That is down to two sets of people only, Hamas and Palestinians. One did it and the other sits and let's it happen.

I don’t blame the Palestinians.

They are held hostage by Hamas.

im not sure i would do different .

Gaza will remain in this situation until they have a moderate government willing to speak to Israel and Egypt , and whose priority is improving the lives of the people , instead of focussing on killing Jews.

israel , after decades has decided enoug is enough , Hamas needs to go.

and I cannot blame them in this.

their goal is removing Hamas , not land grab or killing Palestinians.

I'm not sure there's much that innocent Palestinians can do about it but Gaza is the open prison that it is because of Hamas and their backers.  No Hamas and other actors... no open prison in the form it's in.  Remove the threat of terrorism from some notional equation,  the Palestinians would have an infinitely better existence.

Diadora Van Basten
14 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

If I were to throw bricks at your house would you not defend yourself? If Hamas didn't go on a killing spree against unarmed civilians then gaza wouldn't be on the verge of getting wiped off the map. It was a terrorist attack, people justifying it are mental, It would be like justifying the Manchester attacks, Paris attacks, 9/11 etc...

If I put a nine metre high wall around the perimeter of your house and stopped you going out you might want to throw bricks at my house.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Plenty on here willing to believe attacks justified. I think it was something like 'these attacks are similar to a rape victims slapping their rapist' that was used to justify the actions of Hamas.

Then there's the 'they are subhuman' remarks made when referring to Jews and Israelis. These comments then get other trying to explain them when theres no explanation required, it's plain and simple anti-semitism.

No idea how they get away with it. If it was said about any other religion, it would be rightly condemned.

13 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If I put a nine metre high wall around the perimeter of your house and stopped you going out you might want to throw bricks at my house.

If I’d sworn to kill my neighbour, his children and parents and stocked up on the weapons to do so, I’d see a wall as a moderate response.

Some folk at are at it, I'm certain of it now. There's just no way such revisionism is possible if being serious.

Edited by Taffin

13 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I speaking about this last night so I'll put it to the JKB collective. What is it about Israel/Palestine that induces such strong feelings in people who are nowhere near the place nor have any indirect association (via religion or family)?

I'm not asking that in a critical way, it's purely from an academic perspective. It's not the deaths because there are events across the globe with significant deaths that don't elicit the same division. There's a known phenomena where emotional sentiment increases the closer an event takes place to you or the more like you the people are, but that's not it either I wouldn't say. It's not a David versus Goliath thing as people aren't on just one side.

It feels unique the way it causes such visceral reaction across the globe, and I'm curious if anyone has theories why.

the Jews are spectacularly well represented in finance and the media. Israel garners almost unequivocal support from western governments, moral and financial. I think many resent this perhaps even unconsciously.

The shootings,  live burnings,  live disembowelings,  beheadings,  mutilations,  torture and kidnappings to death or years of perpetual torment have been almost consigned to the past and out of memory.  That's revisionism.  

57 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely. Israel should be given carte blanche to go into Gaza, West Bank and wherever else Hamas are based to wipe every single one of them off the face of the earth.

If anyone tries to shelter or protect Hamas, then they too should be summarily dealt with.

No negotiation required, just plenty bullets.

Not open to admitting you made an arse of it. 🙃

43 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Then there's the 'they are subhuman' remarks made when referring to Jews and Israelis. 

That was clearly aimed at the lying ambassador and/or the regime she represents, and it's utter wankery to claim it was aimed at Jews and Israel, really really low.

49 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'm not sure there's much that innocent Palestinians can do about it but Gaza is the open prison that it is because of Hamas and their backers.  No Hamas and other actors... no open prison in the form it's in.  Remove the threat of terrorism from some notional equation,  the Palestinians would have an infinitely better existence.

The Israelis control what can go into Gaza. The idea that Gaza is somehow free is just another pro Israel lie.

It is interesting how this issue attacts people who completely support one side. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Israelis control what can go into Gaza. The idea that Gaza is somehow free is just another pro Israel lie.

It is interesting how this issue attacts people who completely support one side. 

Does Gaza not have border with Egypt and is that border not controlled by Egypt?

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That point about accent etc should be quite an easy one to confirm one way or another. I wonder if others are saying the same thing. 

That Lowkey guy seems fairly unbiased, "tears", "lies", "shreds". Did anyone see the the rest of channel 4 thing? What were there conclusions from everything as I assume it wasn't this 60 second segment only.

I watched the piece. It was about as one sided as you could get, but not surprisingly given it was aired on ch4 by a ch4 journalist.

They spent 4 or 5 minutes trying to pick apart Israeli intelligence with Hamas counter reports, with questioning, disbelieving language, then provided 20 seconds worth of footage and dialogue, pretty much glossing over the fact that the blast site itself bore no reflection to an Israeli missile strike, with no damage to the structure of the hospital and the fact that 500 fatalities was a gross exaggeration from the Palestine officials. The tone in the last 20 seconds was almost forced. 

Channel 4 news might as well be an independent news outlet broadcast on social media.

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not open to admitting you made an arse of it. 🙃

Sure, if it helps you, why not.

1 minute ago, JyTees said:

I watched the piece. It was about as one sided as you could get, but not surprisingly given it was aired on ch4 by a ch4 journalist.

They spent 4 or 5 minutes trying to pick apart Israeli intelligence with Hamas counter reports, with questioning, disbelieving language, then provided 20 seconds worth of footage and dialogue, pretty much glossing over the fact that the blast site itself bore no reflection to an Israeli missile strike, with no damage to the structure of the hospital and the fact that 500 fatalities was a gross exaggeration from the Palestine officials. The tone in the last 20 seconds was almost forced. 

Channel 4 news might as well be an independent news outlet broadcast on social media.

The problem I had is they basically don't know. Saying "we don't know, we'll have to wait" would have been more honest. And saying the media is controlled by Hamas and Israel have a history of false statements is true but also needs a bit more background.

Interested that many independent commentators are saying the number of deaths seems to be lower and the Channel 4 pictures of backed that up but a doctor there quoted regularly by BBC says hundreds.