Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You are one of the good guys.

Conviction.

This is a war . Between  radical Islam  and folk with sense.

The alignment of LGB, the T+, the left, liberals and the extremist factions in Gaza is a little confusing .

You either want liberalism , equality etc, or you don’t 

it’s pretty black and white .

Still regurgitating the same nonsense that anyone has defended Hamas on here.

13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Conviction.

The alignment of LGB, the T+, the left, liberals and the extremist factions in Gaza is a little confusing .

👍

Malinga the Swinga
On 07/10/2023 at 20:55, Diadora Van Basten said:

I don’t believe Hamas are the aggressors I think Israel and the news agency would have you believe it’s a fair fight but it’s more like any excuse to use modern technological weapons against ordinary people defending themselves by throwing stones.

Does this count as defending Hamas? Certainly looks like it.

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hamas = the ruling authority in Palestine,

its pretty straight forward.

for years the “left “ has appeased radicals and Islamic fascists as “the west deserved it” 

And even now , the Corbyn and Humza who have met Hamas , apply a dual standard  and separate the state from the people in Gaza but not in Israel and the west?

Let alone half the blow hards on here who oppose the IRA , and the republicans who give them strength - yet march in solidarity with who exactly ?

A failed terrorist state ?

The left have singularly failed to ask Hamas to lay down its arms, whilst asking Israel to lay down its own.

Hypocritical shit show all of it.

Western liberals wouldn’t survive a blink in Gaza 

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Hamas = the ruling authority in Palestine,

its pretty straight forward.

for years the “left “ has appeased radicals and Islamic fascists as “the west deserved it” 

And even now , the Corbyn and Humza who have met Hamas , apply a dual standard  and separate the state from the people in Gaza but not in Israel and the west?

Let alone half the blow hards on here who oppose the IRA , and the republicans who give them strength - yet march in solidarity with who exactly ?

A failed terrorist state ?

The left have singularly failed to ask Hamas to lay down its arms, whilst asking Israel to lay down its own.

Hypocritical shit show all of it.

Western liberals wouldn’t survive a blink in Gaza 

So because you are too small minded to consider innocent children and families caught up in this as being separate from the Terrorists you consider anyone who cares about them dying, unlike yourself, as being anti-semetic Islamic Extremist sympathisers.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

So because you are too small minded to consider innocent children and families caught up in this as being separate from the Terrorists you consider anyone who cares about them dying, unlike yourself, as being anti-semetic Islamic Extremist sympathisers.

Yes. 

And a jihadi.

And an IRA sympathiser.

There's a stubborn inability to get it's head around the fact that you can deplore the actions of Hamas AND the indiscriminate bombing of Palestinian civilians.

A one man riot of idiocy.

I've generally found that those who show more sympathetic ties with one of the football clubs in Glasgow tend to lack the ability to recognise nuance when it comes to issues like this one. Treating it like some kind of sporting rivalry. Us vs Them and all that.

1 minute ago, Bender said:

I've generally found that those who show more sympathetic ties with one of the football clubs in Glasgow tend to lack the ability to recognise nuance when it comes to issues like this one. Treating it like some kind of sporting rivalry. Us vs Them and all that.

Who are the peepul?

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Nah, I clearly said Iraq. 🇮🇷

Read the very first sentence of your original post further up the page.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It seems that everyone of every persuasion has figured out that they despise Owen Jones

Screenshot_20231019-225540~2.png

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It seems that everyone of every persuasion has figured out that they despise Owen Jones

Prepare for disappointing posts

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Read the very first sentence of your original post further up the page.

I know, I was being facetious. Hence the Iran flag.

36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The only positive thing to come out of all this misery and tragedy . 

Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Not the first time this base has been attacked tbh

Aye I think that tweet was  sensationalist. I can imagine US army bases in Iraq see these types of attacks from time to time and it barely raises an eyebrow. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Aye I think that tweet was  sensationalist. I can imagine US army bases in Iraq see these types of attacks from time to time and it barely raises an eyebrow. 

The yanks used during Afghanistan if I remember 💥💥

henrysmithsgloves
13 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Imagine those nutters with nukes,can see their nuclear plants getting flattened 😳

6 hours ago, Ked said:

As much as hypocrisy nips.

The truth is the truth and it always shines.

I do try tbf to myself to live like a protestant in faith and conservative in daily life.

But I fail a lot.

So ye know. 

What's a proddie in faith, those who have never seen the inside of a church,  but are staunch as feck?

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Conviction.

Absolute pish. This is Islam fighting back against the mass murdering west. It might be pure evil, but I'd think many a man's heart would turn to stone being subjected to the tactics of Israel and its backers from the USA and its wee lapdog Britain.  

3500 died in 9/11 so they butchered Iraqis and Afghans by the 100s of thousands in a war against terror. Shock and awe? Remember that? Yeah the good guys reside here, my arse.

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yes. 

And a jihadi.

And an IRA sympathiser.

There's a stubborn inability to get it's head around the fact that you can deplore the actions of Hamas AND the indiscriminate bombing of Palestinian civilians.

Not at all . I do both. However I recognise the deep gulf between the public responses to each.

imagine for a second if Hamas had the weapons and capability of Israel.

How many dead Jews would there be in this conflict - hundreds of thousands at least by now, because they are anti semitic and genocidal- that is what they are.

Following this massacre, what would be the scenes on the streets in Gaza to this?

Celebratory would be my guess.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Absolute pish. This is Islam fighting back against the mass murdering west. It might be pure evil, but I'd think many a man's heart would turn to stone being subjected to the tactics of Israel and its backers from the USA and its wee lapdog Britain.  

3500 died in 9/11 so they butchered Iraqis and Afghans by the 100s of thousands in a war against terror. Shock and awe? Remember that? Yeah the good guys reside here, my arse.

See when you, as a roofer, do a house in  Gaza, that extra bit you build on, looks like a diving board, right?

That’s for murdering homosexuals.

Im quite happy to be on here on the side of western liberalism .

I

Israel ba ked by The USA and The UK, yet folk think their media is pumping Israeli propaganda through their telly. 

Angels v Demons, Humans v Animals etc... etc... interests of the west in full flow.

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yes. 

And a jihadi.

And an IRA sympathiser.

Analysis is not justification,  but not on JKB.

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Not at all . I do both. However I recognise the deep gulf between the public responses to each.

imagine for a second if Hamas had the weapons and capability of Israel.

How many dead Jews would there be in this conflict - hundreds of thousands at least by now, because they are anti semitic and genocidal- that is what they are.

Following this massacre, what would be the scenes on the streets in Gaza to this?

Celebratory would be my guess.

Perhaps if the Palestinian people had the weapons of Israel they wouldn't be living in the world's largest open prison living the existence they do. 

However that's irrelevant and doesn't come close to justifying your position on this thread. 

36 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Perhaps if the Palestinian people had the weapons of Israel they wouldn't be living in the world's largest open prison living the existence they do. 

However that's irrelevant and doesn't come close to justifying your position on this thread. 

It is relevant , Israel has been pretty restrained so far.

one side is trying to limit civilian casualties, though I accept that this is impossible .

the other is trying to maximise them - both Jew and Palestinians.

Hamas lays down its weapons and this ends

Hamas stops hiding amongst women and children and this ends

Iran stops pumping weapons in and this ends

israel lays down its arms and they get slaughtered

And that is why position is what it is.

the peaceful way out does not lie with Israel 

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And another

The Mighty Thor
52 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

one side is trying to limit civilian casualties, though I accept that this is impossible .

I'll give you that Israel has been pretty restrained in their indiscrimante bombing and land grabbing so far but the eye of the world is upon them. Once the media cycle moves on we'll see what they're really about.

You continually conflate Israel with the Jewish people and Hamas with the Palestinian peoples. I think you should make the distinction as not all Jews are of the right wing Zionist/settler cult of Netanyahu just in the same way that every Palestinian is not a Hamas jihadi. 

What needs to be acknowledged is that whilst one side is avowed to 'sweep the Jew from the river to the sea' the other side is actually continually driving the people from their artificial homeland through years of land grabs and settlers turfing Palestinians off their land at the barrel of a gun. This will no doubt be the final outcome here again. The open prison will be smaller yet again. 

55 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And another

I'll let then defend themselves on that one but I agree that doesn't read well. 

31 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'll give you that Israel has been pretty restrained in their indiscrimante bombing and land grabbing so far but the eye of the world is upon them. Once the media cycle moves on we'll see what they're really about.

You continually conflate Israel with the Jewish people and Hamas with the Palestinian peoples. I think you should make the distinction as not all Jews are of the right wing Zionist/settler cult of Netanyahu just in the same way that every Palestinian is not a Hamas jihadi. 

What needs to be acknowledged is that whilst one side is avowed to 'sweep the Jew from the river to the sea' the other side is actually continually driving the people from their artificial homeland through years of land grabs and settlers turfing Palestinians off their land at the barrel of a gun. This will no doubt be the final outcome here again. The open prison will be smaller yet again. 

It’s a tough one.

Granted there should be no illegal settlements going on.

No more land grabs.

borders need drawn and finalised .

I think, though I may be wrong that Israel agree to this but Hamas etc refuse d on the basis it would acknowledge the existence of Israel so it failed

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It’s a tough one.

Granted there should be no illegal settlements going on.

No more land grabs.

borders need drawn and finalised .

I think, though I may be wrong that Israel agree to this but Hamas etc refuse d on the basis it would acknowledge the existence of Israel so it failed

It also probably fails because both sides continually lob munitions 'over the fence' at each other. 

The borders were drawn and finalised in 1948 but since then that border has become very elastic, in one direction. The current fighting will ensure that the line is redrawn again and the cycle will continue.

In trying to understand it from an Israeli pov, casting my mind back over the years I've tried to work out why the push back (increased settklement, walled-in Gaza) and I suspect it's something to do with this .... (the complete detailed list.)

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/comprehensive-listing-of-terrorism-victims-in-israel

This list is somewhat easier to read.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/major-palestinian-terror-attacks-since-oslo

Think they got a bit fed up.

Never gonna be an easy out, this.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Suggestions that Hamas are seemingly trying to barter some hostages for a ceasefire.  A cessation is certainly no bad thing and bring it on if possible,  but they're not in the least interested in a ceasefire that leads to something more lasting.  Maybe a one way ceasefire.  Come out into the open and offer a ceasefire.

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

There's loads of empty space across in USA why not just shift Israel population there?  

Otherwise the UN needs to grow some baws and remove weapons from both/all sides and police the area properly using international law.  

This is why I hate religion in a nutshell.  The cause of so much pain and suffering for what? So someone's made up story can be forced on others. 

My 7yo (at the time) laddie had it right saying everyone's entitled to their stories as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else and don't force people to believe your made up stories as they've their own made up stories.   He told this to his RE teacher at high school recently and got a bollocking from them (proud dad moment).

Ever wish aliens arrived and took our guns away? 

What would I do with a minimum of 100 litres of water per day?

I drink about 2, 3 maybe tops, and that includes a couple of mugs of tea. Boil some water for veggies occasionally, 2 litres. Taps on and off for teeth twice a day, that's like 100ml each time. 2/3 pisses and a dump, could use the yellow/mellow brown/down at a push, so lets add that in say 10 litres.  I shower every day, but do I really need to?

WHO are clearly mental. Saying all that, 3 litres requires some pretty drastic measures in conservatism, and needs to be addresses toute suite!

5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I drink about 2, 3 maybe tops, and that includes a couple of mugs of tea. Boil some water for veggies occasionally, 2 litres. Taps on and off for teeth twice a day, that's like 100ml each time. 2/3 pisses and a dump, could use the yellow/mellow brown/down at a push, so lets add that in say 10 litres.  I shower every day, but do I really need to?

WHO are clearly mental. Saying all that, 3 litres requires some pretty drastic measures in conservatism, and needs to be addresses toute suite!

I suppose it could be includig all the other industrial water used, divvied up per person? You know, in factories, sewage treatment, food production, all that stuff.

8 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Water also needed in for example hospitals.

Edited by Mikey1874

45 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

There's loads of empty space across in USA why not just shift Israel population there?  

Otherwise the UN needs to grow some baws and remove weapons from both/all sides and police the area properly using international law.  

This is why I hate religion in a nutshell.  The cause of so much pain and suffering for what? So someone's made up story can be forced on others. 

My 7yo (at the time) laddie had it right saying everyone's entitled to their stories as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else and don't force people to believe your made up stories as they've their own made up stories.   He told this to his RE teacher at high school recently and got a bollocking from them (proud dad moment).

Ever wish aliens arrived and took our guns away? 

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just to clarify for some of our more rabid posters on here;

Are those dead babies victims of an abhorrent terror attack or the collateral damage ones?

Clearly Hamas supporters.

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Suggestions that Hamas are seemingly trying to barter some hostages for a ceasefire.  A cessation is certainly no bad thing and bring it on if possible,  but they're not in the least interested in a ceasefire that leads to something more lasting.  Maybe a one way ceasefire.  Come out into the open and offer a ceasefire.

There should be absolutely no negotiations taking place with them, carry on as planned and flatten them.