Edited by il Duce McTarkin

Cranston
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

How's that, bud?

Just an observation?

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Cranston said:

Just an observation?

Not a very good one, if you're basing it on my exchange with Francis.

Cranston
5 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Not a very good one, if you're basing it on my exchange with Francis.

Fair dos mate. 

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Fair dos mate. 

:)👍

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

This use of "settlers"as an insult to Israelis is ... well insulting! Most of the world's  population are settlers if you go back far enough. In the case of the Americas, North and South, and of Australasia and elsewhere you don't have to go back too far. With a more devastating impact on the then local population than the  modern Jewish Israeli influx. Jews lived in this part of the world millennia before Christians and still later Muslims existed. It is as much a "homeland"for Jews as anyone. 

It is tragic that these people who have much in common cannot live in peace. Natanyahu has a good share of the blame recently  but a few generations  of Arabs/Muslim "settlers" share it.  

A wild interpretation there !

And way off the mark. 
I’m somehow insulting all Israelis by criticising some seriously deranged ring wing zealots ?

Mmm ! Think again.

Akin to criticising BNP members and someone saying you’re insulting British people.

Yes, it is that ridiculous !

Nice try though. 2/10.

👍

Diadora Van Basten

I watched David Cameron on breakfast TV and the hypocrisy and stupidity levels were off the chart. He has obviously being taking lessons of his new pal Blinken.

1 Didn’t acknowledge Israel had blown up Iranian consulate in Syria.

2 Green lighted Israeli attack on Rafah.

3. Supported collective punishment and the starvation of people in Gaza.

4. Supported Israeli policy of letting only 60,000 women and children return to Northern Gaza (1.5 million people were displaced from Northern Gaza).

5. Claims Israel has a legitimate right to attack Iran.

I object to the RAF shooting down Iranian drones this is a waste of our taxpayer monies and we don’t have a military alliance with Israel apart from to be forever the US lap dog.

Israel has killed more UK citizens than Iran and showed their contempt for us when they put Rishi Sunak up in the King David hotel. A hotel that zionists carried out a terror attack killing many Brits.

Japan Jambo
24 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I watched David Cameron on breakfast TV and the hypocrisy and stupidity levels were off the chart. He has obviously being taking lessons of his new pal Blinken.

4. Supported Israeli policy of letting only 60,000 women and children return to Northern Gaza (1.5 million people were displaced from Northern Gaza).

I object to the RAF shooting down Iranian drones this is a waste of our taxpayer monies and we don’t have a military alliance with Israel apart from to be forever the US lap dog.

Israel has killed more UK citizens than Iran and showed their contempt for us when they put Rishi Sunak up in the King David hotel. A hotel that zionists carried out a terror attack killing many Brits.

2,3,4 I'm going to assume are either a stretch or outright porkies from your good self.

JudyJudyJudy
36 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Worrying times with that arse hole in the uk and sleepy Joe in the USA . What could possibly go wrong ? 

Diadora Van Basten

I think Tadhg has nailed it with this portrait of how the US, UK and Germany treat Israel.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I admire your persistence but you're wasting your time. Israel can do no wrong, ever. The only good thing to come from this thread is the amount of islamaphobic bigots that I've now blocked. 

Diadora Van Basten
10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I admire your persistence but you're wasting your time. Israel can do no wrong, ever. The only good thing to come from this thread is the amount of islamaphobic bigots that I've now blocked. 

When you see most poster’s names you can easily predict what their view point is. It’s not as if you read “so and so has quoted you in the topic Israel and Palestine” and think, I wonder what pearls of wisdom they will bestow on me today.

37 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Iran have a right to defend themselves, no?

You would think that a country whose consulate was bombed would have the right to reply. Unfortunately, the zionists live outside international law

manaliveits105

Even Humza has condemned the Iranian attack (whilst rightly calling for a ceasefire)

unlike our own jkb plastic Hamas band 

Spellczech

What we should do is create a state for the stateless in part of Syria which borders both Israel and Iran. Send all our illegals there rather than Rwanda. Shamima Begum can be its First Lady. With both Iran and Israel protecting their borders they'll be too busy to have a scrap. 

Because it is sunny, they can build a tourist trade so as to placate the people of Spain and the Canaries who dislike tourists...

All the World's problems fixed in a one-r! Thoughts? 

Edited by Spellczech

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

:wattie:

52 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

When you see most poster’s names you can easily predict what their view point is. It’s not as if you read “so and so has quoted you in the topic Israel and Palestine” and think, I wonder what pearls of wisdom they will bestow on me today.

Just as well you're not so transparent and predictable.

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I watched David Cameron on breakfast TV and the hypocrisy and stupidity levels were off the chart.

Presumably you don't go back to school until tomorrow then as you never seem to be at work.

Guess you object to them shooting down missiles as it's only Israelis who they are aimed at and since you seem to disregard them as humans, you won't be bothered if they die, they are Jewish after all 

Maybe if the Israelis were more humble and selfless, you might take to them a bit better. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:rofl:

No wonder your laughing. Had a quick look at definition of Zionism. Apparently it's an ideology that believes in continuation of Jewish state. Well, that's me then as I reckon Israel has right to exist. Not islamaphobic though, as I don't fear islam.

How can you fear the belief of something that's made up, you'd be as well being christianophobic, alienophobic or memnfrommarsophobic as they're as realistic as Islam.

Still, if it makes little XB52 feel all grown up and morally superior, after all it's only Jews he dislikes, and it keeps DVB inside watching his you tube videos, instead of outside with the public, then it's all good.

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

2,3,4 I'm going to assume are either a stretch or outright porkies from your good self.

Somehow, even though he's a Tory, I can't just see Cameron sitting there stating he wants to punish the civilians in Gaza.

Gundermann
4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think Tadhg has nailed it with this portrait of how the US, UK and Germany treat Israel.

Brilliant. And, spot on.

Japan Jambo
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Somehow, even though he's a Tory, I can't just see Cameron sitting there stating he wants to punish the civilians in Gaza.

Haven't got time to listen to it. If it's true I'm happy for @Diadora Van Basten or anyone for that matter to stand it up and then I'll happily condemn him too. Suspect though he's taken his words out of context and shaped them to suit his narrative. Enough bad stuff going on without making stuff up.

il Duce McTarkin
20 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Brilliant. And, spot on.

It's pretty funny and not too wide of the mark, but a wee bit simplistic, no?

What do you think that the west should do regarding Israel then?

For me the easy thing would be to stop supporting them financially and militarily and let nature take its course. It would probably result in a fair bit of carnage, a lot of dead Jews, Muslims, and everyone else, and the west would lose an important strategic foothold in the Eastern Med/Middle East which would be rapidly filled by Russia, China, or both. Not sure how they'd deal with the Ayatollahs, now that the common enemy was out of the way, though. Jordan would be the next ally to fall for sure. I suppose a few folk wouldn't see any of it as a bad thing as long as the west was being put in its place, mind. It's not as if we haven't had it coming after our couple of centuries of misadventure. 

Gundermann
40 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

For me the easy thing would be to stop supporting them financially and militarily and let nature take its course. It would probably result in a fair bit of carnage, a lot of dead Jews, Muslims, and everyone else, and the west would lose an important strategic foothold in the Eastern Med/Middle East which would be rapidly filled by Russia, China, or both. Not sure how they'd deal with the Ayatollahs, now that the common enemy was out of the way, though. Jordan would be the next ally to fall for sure. I suppose a few folk wouldn't see any of it as a bad thing as long as the west was being put in its place, mind. It's not as if we haven't had it coming after our couple of centuries of misadventure. 

Jokes and satire tend to be simple, esp those with a political leaning/ message.

As to your question, I think Biden should adopt the Ronald Reagan approach - not a President known for being a peace-loving leftie - and tell Israel bluntly that the tap will be turned off tomorrow if innocent civilians are massacred. He could do that and assure Israel of support in the event of being attacked by Iran - another nation controlled by religious zealots.

Iran appears to be another monster of our creation through past meddling in the region in the cause of short-term political gain. To think that Iran and Afghanistan could've been progressive social democracies...

https://www.declassifieduk.org/iran-1953-mi6-plots-with-islamists-to-overthrow-democracy/

How to rectify the errors of the past/ present... I don't know. Gradual withdrawl of all agents operating in the various ME nations?

Edited by Gundermann

Diadora Van Basten
27 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Treat Israel the same as any other country.

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The west would likely be bombing any other country that's behaving like Israel, which is probably a decent call tbf.

il Duce McTarkin
25 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Jokes and satire tend to be simple, esp those with a political leaning/ message.

Especially the ones that appeal to simple people. ;) 

As to your question, I think Biden should adopt the Ronald Reagan approach - not a President known for being a peace-loving leftie - and tell Israel bluntly that the tap will be turned off tomorrow if innocent civilians are massacred. He could do that and assure Israel of support in the event of being attacked by Iran - another nation controlled by religious zealots.

Why do you think he hasn't done this?

Iran appears to be another monster of our creation through past meddling in the region in the cause of short-term political gain. To think that Iran and Afghanistan could've been progressive social democracies...

https://www.declassifieduk.org/iran-1953-mi6-plots-with-islamists-to-overthrow-democracy/

It's almost as if the cold war wasn't going on and there were no national actors jostling for position and influence. 

How to rectify the errors of the past/ present... I don't know. Gradual withdrawl of all agents operating in the various ME nations?

It's almost as if there isn't a new cold (not a kick in the arse away from hot) war going on and there are no national actors jostling for position and influence.

I agree though. Withdrawing Western influence from the Middle East and letting nature take its course would be the moral thing to do. 

il Duce McTarkin
33 minutes ago, Pap said:

Just let them all go for it. Afterwards, simply walk in and take their oil.

:sadrobbo:

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Absolutely agree. Let's start by insisting that all countries recognise Israel and acknowledging it has a right to exist.

Once we establish that, let's get borders defined in court of law and once defined, then that's it and everyone, Israel, Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran amongst others, sticks to what they are.

Then, anyone who breaks this, either by launching rockets or by letting citizens build settlements, is dealt with appropriately.

Seems fair to me.

5 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Problem is, mate, they’re nuked up.

So are Russia, which has similarities here. There are, or should be, some very concerned people out there because Israel, like Russia, won’t let their country be ruined. They will let off a big one to call everyone’s bluff. To say it will never happen is naive. Not directed at you obviously.

At some point in the future, someone will press the button….and I think the big guns know it !  

The Mighty Thor
20 hours ago, Taffin said:

Iran have a right to defend themselves, no?

Not according to Call me Dave in his Sky interview. 

Now stop being an antisemite, there's a good lad. 

Anyway, what about the RAF eh?

The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely agree. Let's start by insisting that all countries recognise Israel and acknowledging it has a right to exist.

Once we establish that, let's get borders defined in court of law and once defined, then that's it and everyone, Israel, Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran amongst others, sticks to what they are.

Then, anyone who breaks this, either by launching rockets or by letting citizens build settlements, is dealt with appropriately.

Seems fair to me.

The borders were defined in 1949 then 1967 and then again in 1979.

Each time Israel didn't like them and went territory grabbing, sorry defending itself by grabbing territory. 

A bit like what's happening on the West Bank today. 

How about recognising that Israel are and have been behaving like ****s for decades.

Once you clear that hurdle then applying a solution is much easier. 

Gundermann
18 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Especially the ones that appeal to simple people. ;) 

Why do you think he hasn't done this?

It's almost as if the cold war wasn't going on and there were no national actors jostling for position and influence. 

It's almost as if there isn't a new cold (not a kick in the arse away from hot) war going on and there are no national actors jostling for position and influence.

I agree though. Withdrawing Western influence from the Middle East and letting nature take its course would be the moral thing to do. 

Ah, the Cold War. The fear of social democracies becoming full-blown Communist puppet states. Send in the CIA and replace with a West-friendly dictator or else let those hardline Muslims take control. What could go wrong?

As you say, it's not gone away, the absence of Communism didn't see the world live in capitalist harmony. Except now, we have three school bullies growling at the rest of us with one or two snides like UK, Israel and Iran feeling brave enough to stir the shit under the protection of one of the real bams.

As to Biden, I've no idea but it's a tad hypocritical that he can go to Ireland and bask in anti-imperialist glory one minute and then back Israel to the hilt, the next.

Edited by Gundermann

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

Ah, the Cold War. The fear of social democracies becoming full-blown Communist puppet states*. Send in the CIA and replace with a West-friendly dictator or else let those hardline Muslims take control. What could go wrong?

*I get the feeling that you think this would've been the lesser of the two evils.

As you say, it's not gone away, the absence of Communism didn't see the world live in capitalist harmony. Except now, we have three school bullies growling at the rest of us with one or two snides like UK, Israel and Iran feeling brave enough to stir the shit under the protection of one of the real bams.

This summary tallies well with @Tazio's 'flat roofed boozer' analogy. Well played. :D

As to Biden, I've no idea but it's a tad hypocritical that he can go to Ireland and bask in anti-imperialist glory one minute and then back Israel to the hilt, the next.

Hypocrisy isn't confined to the bad guys, Gundy. I do wonder whether Netanyahu has been truly let off the leash or whether he's gone rogue knowing the US will do FA on account of the current wider global threat.

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Given half a chance any medium-large country would gladly set up an empire and have its neighbours subjugated. All nation states’ narratives are clunky myth-making at best, and wildly hypocritical at worst. 

:spoton:

Gundermann
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Given half a chance any medium-large country would gladly set up an empire and have its neighbours subjugated. All nation states’ narratives are clunky myth-making at best, and wildly hypocritical at worst. 

In the past, certainly though some large ones still hang on to that idea. The new empires are cross-border multi-national billionaires and their companies with no or little accountability who hoover up our data at a rate that would make Stasi eyes water.

il Duce McTarkin
19 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

The new empires are cross-border multi-national billionaires and their companies with no or little accountability who hoover up our data at a rate that would make Stasi eyes water.

Also spot on.

manaliveits105

New Nobel peace prize entrant 

Putin asks for restraint in call with Iranian president

Vladimir Putin has told the president of Iran he hoped all parties in the Middle East would show restraint and not allow further confrontation, according to Russian state media.

In a phone call with Ebrahim Raisi, Mr Putin discussed in detail the suspected Israeli attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria on 1 April, reported RIA Novosti, citing the Kremlin.

Mr Raisi said Iran's retaliatory missile and drone attack against Israel on Saturday was "forced and limited" and emphasised he had no interest in further escalation, the report said.

Russia and Iran are close allies, with the latter an avowed enemy of the US and a supplier of military hardware for Moscow's war in Ukraine. 

The phone call comes amid fears that any further military escalation between Israel and Iran - especially any involving the US - could draw Russia into a wider conflict.

Diadora Van Basten

Research shows terms like 'massacre' and 'slaughter' are only ever used by the New York Times to describe the killing of Israelis, never for the killing of Palestinians.

Now the Intercept has found the NYT memo that specifically bars its journalists, and even interviewees, from using these terms in relation to Palestinian deaths, as well as a ban on the use of 'genocide', 'ethnic cleansing', 'occupied territories', 'refugee camps' and 'Palestine'. 

The term 'terrorism' is restricted to describing Palestinian attacks, according to the memo. Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians and civilian infrastructure, such as hospitals, is excluded.   

The entire Palestinian narrative – and the region's history – has been erased from the NYT's coverage, exactly as Israel would want it to be.

Now we just need to unearth the memos issued by the BBC, Guardian and a host of other outlets that are serving precisely the same purpose of skewing the coverage exclusively in Israel's favour.

Diadora Van Basten

Whoever added the music after David Cameron replied is genius.

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Research shows terms like 'massacre' and 'slaughter' are only ever used by the New York Times to describe the killing of Israelis, never for the killing of Palestinians.

Now the Intercept has found the NYT memo that specifically bars its journalists, and even interviewees, from using these terms in relation to Palestinian deaths, as well as a ban on the use of 'genocide', 'ethnic cleansing', 'occupied territories', 'refugee camps' and 'Palestine'. 

The term 'terrorism' is restricted to describing Palestinian attacks, according to the memo. Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians and civilian infrastructure, such as hospitals, is excluded.   

The entire Palestinian narrative – and the region's history – has been erased from the NYT's coverage, exactly as Israel would want it to be.

Now we just need to unearth the memos issued by the BBC, Guardian and a host of other outlets that are serving precisely the same purpose of skewing the coverage exclusively in Israel's favour.

I'm sure if you go looking you may find the BBC memo that refuses to call the proscribed terrorist organisation Hamas a terrorist organisation because terrorist is a loaded word. In the interests of balance of course...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67083432

19 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'm sure if you go looking you may find the BBC memo that refuses to call the proscribed terrorist organisation Hamas a terrorist organisation because terrorist is a loaded word. In the interests of balance of course...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67083432

Sounds a very balanced approach.

I'm not sure how it provides balance to the post you quoted though

Edited by Taffin

Diadora Van Basten

Bernie Sanders tells it how it is. No improvement in aid since the killing of the UK aid workers (despite the promises to open more crossings and turn on water). 450 Palestinians including 100 children killed in the West Bank by Israel and Israeli settlers.

Diadora Van Basten

The UK Government, the UK media and Israel have tried to dehumanise Palestinians while they deny that Genocide has taken place and continues to take place in Gaza.

This is the story of 6 year old Palestinian girl Hind Rajab.

Learn her story so that you are not dehumanised. Then once you have learned it, think about the other 13,000 children like Hind who have been killed by Israel with the complicity of our Government, the opposition (labour party) and our media (The BBC).

Never again means never again for everyone.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

manaliveits105

The two-state solution to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict proposed to resolve the conflict by establishing two nation states in former Mandatory Palestine. The implementation of a two-state solution would involve the establishment of an independent State of Palestine alongside the State of Israel.

Refused by Palestinians and Arabs 

and here we are if they had accepted there would be no settlements as sovereignty would have been recognised by all countries 

Diadora Van Basten
23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The two-state solution to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict proposed to resolve the conflict by establishing two nation states in former Mandatory Palestine. The implementation of a two-state solution would involve the establishment of an independent State of Palestine alongside the State of Israel.

Refused by Palestinians and Arabs 

and here we are if they had accepted there would be no settlements as sovereignty would have been recognised by all countries 

Imagine Muslims in the UK asked for their own state within the UK I am sure you would think it was ridiculous then apply the same logic to Palestinians in 1947.