*** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***

Howdy Doody Jambo

Pasquale for King
Just now, jbee647 said:

What “folk” have said is not enough to convict him im afraid.

The long ball tactics he espouses are enough “im afraid”.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The long ball tactics he espouses are enough “im afraid”.

Compared to Aberdeen last week, we were literally playing Tika Taka 😉

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Going through and dreading it 

Being resolutely optimistic, I'm only dreading the travel, moreso on the way back.

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Yes.confidence has been shattered.

I'm not sure that there's been much in the way of confidence regarding away matches for a long, long time.

Between St M, Killie, and then Ross Co that's a heck of a lot of miles & time in 8 days. If our only return from these three matches is witnessing Hearts gift goals to the opposition (c.f. Dundee away) then I might have to consider a wee moratorium. In fact, I can easily see me leaving it until H1B5 on 27th Dec as I can stroll it there.

Sat was away at 10:00 back at 20:00; a 10 hour, 6-bus & 1 tram trip. Killie is likely to eclipse that with a return time gone midnight. In fact, should it go to extra time & pens then it'll be that plus missing the denouement. The buses at that time are chronic.

What's more, the last Killie pie that I endured was rock hard with a dried out filling. At least St M's pie-of-the-month (steak & sausage rather than blaggis this time) was a highlight. 👇

Screenshot_20230925_143553_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230925_143558_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Being resolutely optimistic, I'm only dreading the travel, moreso on the way back.

I'm not sure that there's been much in the way of confidence regarding away matches for a long, long time.

Between St M, Killie, and then Ross Co that's a heck of a lot of miles & time in 8 days. If our only return from these three matches is witnessing Hearts gift goals to the opposition (c.f. Dundee away) then I might have to consider a wee moratorium. In fact, I can easily see me leaving it until H1B5 on 27th Dec as I can stroll it there.

Sat was away at 10:00 back at 20:00; a 10 hour, 6-bus & 1 tram trip. Killie is likely to eclipse that with a return time gone midnight. In fact, should it go to extra time & pens then it'll be that plus missing the denouement. The buses at that time are chronic.

What's more, the last Killie pie that I endured was rock hard with a dried out filling. At least St M's pie-of-the-month (steak & sausage rather than blaggis this time) was a highlight. 👇

Screenshot_20230925_143553_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230925_143558_Gallery.jpg

**** me… a pie with a fork ?
what has happened to Scottish Football ?

Ricardo Quaresma
46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He only helped out the B team when SN was away with Scotland, he was head of the Academy but folk have said hes a dinosaur that prefers tall players. Just another weegie big mouth that needs to go. 

Don't care how, really, I'm not convinced his very presence is helping, probably the opposite

34 minutes ago, Korky said:

We’ve been missing opportunities in the League Cup since 1962!

Absolutely shameful !

killie last season....put us out" hope its not the same tomorrow....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don't care how, really, I'm not convinced his very presence is helping, probably the opposite

So why would you say he should go back to his old job? Most of us agree he should get the bullet. 

Pasquale for King

We probably need a way to draw them out so we can play quickly through or over them, we will need to get the balance right between when to press and when to let them have the ball. 

On 23/09/2023 at 22:47, Thomaso said:

3 out of 4 there. The LC is woven into our history and is certainly not “shite”! I would love to see us win it before I pop my clogs!

How old are you? Could be a while like 

Any suggestions on where to park if arriving close to kick off? I finish work at 7pm in Glasgow. Google says I can do the drive in 36minutes, so cutting it fine for getting parked and into the ground by kick off.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***
Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So why would you say he should go back to his old job? Most of us agree he should get the bullet. 

That would be easier

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Can’t see Beni starting tomorrow 

A few players struggling fitness wise from Sat 

Wouldn't risk Beni on that surface. 

As for the second part, maybe not a bad thing given how poorly they all played on Saturday

August Landmesser

For live TV games is it worth putting the channel and ko time in the match thread title? I'd only just realised this is on Viaplay tomorrow night

How's about it, mods? Plsnthnx

colinmorewasgash

Even a local park team would at least run about a bit show commitment and not be lazy barstewards like these lot.It happens to often in away games this aimless passing side to side then back to defenders who pass back to keeper then bk again we arent man city pass move get into positions mke space show commitment and in boyce and shankland we have slowest strikers in league. Why didnt we have strikers on bench when oda and tagawa are missing  youngsters kirk and wilson wd be better than none we had enough midfielders. Forrest first few games he played up top on right wing  vargas wd be better with boyce up top at mo than shankland who looks in huff.

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Beni will start 100%. He’s our best midfielder and we need to get to Hampden. 
He did 65 mins on Sat. Bossed it. 
Will be fresh for tomorrow. Might not be still on for the pens but with him on from the start, reduces the possibility of reaching that point. 

As for the pitch, we can’t have players who only play on grass. They just have to get on with it. 

16 minutes ago, Sid said:

As for the pitch, we can’t have players who only play on grass. They just have to get on with it. 

…….and then spend months out injured again???
Good thinking that!

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Korky said:

…….and then spend months out injured again???
Good thinking that!

The softest squad we have ever had, collective bunch of pussies. 

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Any suggestions on where to park if arriving close to kick off? I finish work at 7pm in Glasgow. Google says I can do the drive in 36minutes, so cutting it fine for getting parked and into the ground by kick off.

Was only able to confirm today that work commitments would let me go to the game. Live in Glasgow. Only way to buy tickets for the away end currently advertised is to collect from Tynecastle. Scottish football really lives in the dark ages with its lack of communication with customers (Hearts among the worst for this) and many clubs' failure to move to e-tickets (Hearts among the best for this). Surely it wouldn't be hard for a game like this to at least offer the option for Hearts fans to pick up tickets on the night. It is hardly likely to be a big crowd. Or at least advanced indication of whether away tickets will be available on the day.

Also, what has happened to loyalty points? No mention of them on the story on the website outlining tickets. Seem to recall that was the case for another game recently. For those that have bought tickets already for this one, did you get loyalty points?

25 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The softest squad we have ever had, collective bunch of pussies. 

They are . To be windy tomorrow too. That and the pitch , how will they cope 

4 hours ago, Sid said:

Will be fresh for tomorrow. Might not be still on for the pens but with him on from the start, reduces the possibility of reaching that point. 

He won’t 🙂

6 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Was only able to confirm today that work commitments would let me go to the game. Live in Glasgow. Only way to buy tickets for the away end currently advertised is to collect from Tynecastle. Scottish football really lives in the dark ages with its lack of communication with customers (Hearts among the worst for this) and many clubs' failure to move to e-tickets (Hearts among the best for this). Surely it wouldn't be hard for a game like this to at least offer the option for Hearts fans to pick up tickets on the night. It is hardly likely to be a big crowd. Or at least advanced indication of whether away tickets will be available on the day.

Also, what has happened to loyalty points? No mention of them on the story on the website outlining tickets. Seem to recall that was the case for another game recently. For those that have bought tickets already for this one, did you get loyalty points?

Loyalty points seem to be getting added after games,Dundee never went in till the Tuesday after and nothing for St Mirren yet,they don't seem to be advertising what you are getting for each game I suppose to stop people harvesting points and not even going to the match. They might think twice if they're not sure they're going to get any points for it.

45 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Do you think he will be involved at all, or kept for Saturday, or neither?

Bench - brought on if needed but with Sat in mind 

9 hours ago, Sid said:

Just get on with it…risk jeopardising all your rehab on a career altering knee injury but just get on with it😂

Struggling to get up for this one as much as I normally would be . Horrible team and a place where we struggle . Away games seem to be beyond us and the team are all over the shop 

Long boring extra time game of attrition that Kilmarnock eventually in on penalties 

Just read that only our game and sevco Livi will have VAR, due to being on TV. 

The other two have "opted out" of using it due to the extra cost involved. 

So much for same rules for every club and every match 

Tinpot stuff from the SPFL 

Tonight will go with wrong team lineup and tactics.

The same pish football that Neilson had us playing last season as the players are shitebags.

We will start slow and lose the opening goal and spend the rest of the game playing with no urgency and no shots on goal.

Can't wait lol.

10 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Even a local park team would at least run about a bit show commitment and not be lazy barstewards like these lot.It happens to often in away games this aimless passing side to side then back to defenders who pass back to keeper then bk again we arent man city pass move get into positions mke space show commitment and in boyce and shankland we have slowest strikers in league. Why didnt we have strikers on bench when oda and tagawa are missing  youngsters kirk and wilson wd be better than none we had enough midfielders. Forrest first few games he played up top on right wing  vargas wd be better with boyce up top at mo than shankland who looks in huff.

I think there's a lot of 'laziness' in this type of post.

BUT!.....I very much see why you have posted such thoughts - especially around possession tactics.

Unless not done already, it would be great if Naismith / another coach explained the rationale behind why we slow the game down and do what we do. I presume it's to play a patient game, retaining the ball and waiting for the opposition to have a lapse in concentration / focus - and we thread the ball through to one of our forward players for a threat on goal?

I get the frustration which leads to posts like the above. I said on another thread I watched our home game with Killie and when they had the ball, they were damn quick at getting up the pitch with sharp passing, one two's - all while our defence and midfield are harrying back into some semblance of shape.

As a defender I know what I'd rather be facing comparing the two styles outlined above....

Not looking forward to it but if I could pick the team with what we have I would go with

Clark

Sibbick. Kent (c), Rowles

Forrest.                                      Kingsley

Beni. Devlin

Niewenhof

Boyce.        Vargas

13 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

He absolutely will start. Naisy is fighting for his job and you better believe he'll risk Beni to save it.

9 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

And the ticket office is closed on a Monday which most weeks isn't an issue but should be open the day before a game!

18 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He absolutely will start. Naisy is fighting for his job and you better believe he'll risk Beni to save it.

Beni was the only bright spot on Saturday, looked very composed and assured on the ball, had forgotten what a midfield player looks like that is surrounded but still manages to make space for himself and keep the ball. If he can play on the surface and is fit then its a no brainer he starts, he's our best midfield player. 

I'm in the office today and workmate next to me is a huge Killie fan. He cannot wait for the game tonight, while I don't even want to think about it.

Fingers crossed we pull the finger out and get a few shots on goal.

Carl Fredrickson

We will get battered tonight as we are not up for a battle. I do not think I can remember such a gutless team as we have at present. 

I mind JJ saying that you need to win the battles to allow you to play (or something along those lines) but we currently dont seem to be winning the battles. 

We lack a physical presence and McInnes always has that in his teams. 

Hope for a win but expecting a defeat. 

54 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yup. If he's fit enough to be on the bench/come on, then he'll start. Naismith would be just providing ammo for his removal of he has him on the bench at the start and we lose. 

Edited by Taffin