*** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***

Howdy Doody Jambo

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I like Grant as a player but he has played far better for us. He had acres of specs to take a shot first half just outside the box and played it wide left of the box. Also had the clear chance to shoot second half and didn’t. 

But generally speaking there was a better balance in midfield to front - even though we (rightly) bypassed the midfield more last night as percentage plays.

Well, see, THD, that's much better, actual proper discussion, eh? LOL

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

13 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Sibbick shouldn't be asked to play right back again. He's just not got it. Centre half or midfield if we're desperate. Never right back though.

He's a good CB. Better than Rowles but I agree about him as RB or midfield.

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

It must be nice living in a world of absolutes with absolutely no room for nuance. 

We won, I’m delighted we are going to Hampden. But it’s not difficult for anyone with the capacity for critical thought to identify clear problems that our management team continue to do nothing about. 

The winning goal was a speculative punt up the park with the ball breaking kindly. Had Killie got the slice of luck, there would be protests at Tynecastle. We had a banner at the game calling the board clowns. 

I want nothing more than us to kick on and start winning games, but I just can’t see past the continuing tactical mistakes we are making. 

We all want the same thing - a successful Hearts team. But I’m absolutely convinced Naismith and his band of merry men are not the answer - and it’ll take more than a single close fought win over Killie to change my mind. 

We do want the same thing, yes, plus it was more your previous post I was referring to although I have read the one after that

We are where we are and the team, along with the Manager are already showing fight that is required for the job ahead

I don't think FM should be there now, though as he's not going to be the guy that Naismith wants permanently as his AM

I would rather have Webster helping him because I don't think the players are happy with FM, if Webster's not into it then just Naisy and Forrest for me

How convinced will you be when we smash RC at the weekend?

Rip it up and start again, rinse and repeat

1 loss and it's Manager oot

Ridiculous

8 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Been thinking about this a bit. Would prefer Hearts v Sheep in the semi with Huns v Vermin in the other one. The Hibs actually have a very good cup record against Rangers including in Glasgow but always come unstuck there against us. Would love another Hampden derby humiliation preferably in the final. 

Would be wonderful, of course - but the fatalist in me would veer toward thinking “they have to beat us in a semi-final/final some time…”

I don’t know if I could cope 😱

Edited by PortyBeach

5 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Is it just me or does the sun shine a little brighter the day after a Hearts away win? 

Let's double up on Saturday. 😁

😊

6 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Would be wonderful, of course - but the fatalist in me would veer toward thinking “they have to beat us in a semi-final/final some time…”

I don’t know if I could cope 😱

Nahh, I stopped fearing the vermin shortly into the 17 IAR. They will go into any match against us at Hampden much as we approached derbies in the 70s. Bottom line is I want to see us lift the trophy. As much as it would hurt far less to lose to the huns or any other of the teams left in, my confidence at Hampden is far greater against Hibs than anyone else. 

Captain Sausage
14 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We do want the same thing, yes, plus it was more your previous post I was referring to although I have read the one after that

We are where we are and the team, along with the Manager are already showing fight that is required for the job ahead

I don't think FM should be there now, though as he's not going to be the guy that Naismith wants permanently as his AM

I would rather have Webster helping him because I don't think the players are happy with FM, if Webster's not into it then just Naisy and Forrest for me

How convinced will you be when we smash RC at the weekend?

Rip it up and start again, rinse and repeat

1 loss and it's Manager oot

Ridiculous

Tell you what. If we beat Ross County by more than a goal on Saturday, I will never post a single negative thought about any member of this Hearts team, the management team or the board again. 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Tell you what. If we beat Ross County by more than a goal on Saturday, I will never post a single negative thought about any member of this Hearts team, the management team or the board again. 

:rofl:

Just now, N Lincs Jambo said:

Nahh, I stopped fearing the vermin shortly into the 17 IAR. They will go into any match against us at Hampden much as we approached derbies in the 70s. Bottom line is I want to see us lift the trophy. As much as it would hurt far less to lose to the huns or any other of the teams left in, my confidence at Hampden is far greater against Hibs than anyone else. 

Not sure I share your confidence they’ll feel quite as despondent going into this game as I did approaching derby games on the ‘70s!

But you’re quite right: whatever else, it’s about us winning this trophy. ‘Mon the Jambos!

22 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You win a quarter final cup tie away from home against the team that knocked out Celtic in the last round and the miserable *******s on here are just that miserable as sin, that the team they purport to support won.

Kilmarnock away on that artificial pitch is not easy for anyone.

In cup football if you score more goals than your opponent you go through to the next round. 

Hearts did this tonight, despite all the talk before the game started was about how many we were going to lose by.

It wasn't easy, far from, but that was always going to be the case.

Tonight I say well done to the Hearts players. You went right to the 94th minute and got your just reward. Heads never went down. As someone who was there. That victory was richly deserved.

👏. Well said 

4 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

After Lowry’s piece of skill, it’s amusing to see Stuart Findlay punching the plastic surface 

Go and watch the goal again and watch the Killie player who’s top left of the screen. 
Just stands there the whole move and doesn’t move an inch 😂😂

Edited by theshed

13 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I'm not doubting you're a man of your word and I doubt we will win, let alone by 2 goals but you'll not be able to keep that promise.

I know I wouldn't, not even on an average week, let alone 'ever again'.

Captain Sausage
On 28/09/2023 at 09:32, GinRummy said:

I'm not doubting you're a man of your word and I doubt we will win, let alone by 2 goals but you'll not be able to keep that promise.

I know I wouldn't, not even on an average week, let alone 'ever again'.

I am committed to it. Probably means I’ll be quite quiet for a while, but that’s probably a blessing for this board. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

I am committed to it. Probably means I’ll be quite quiet for a while, but that’s probably a blessing for this board. 

Nobody will remember. Just break your promise whenever you feel like it. At least that’s what I’d do. 

I do think you’re safe enough. If we win tomorrow it will be by 1 goal.