*** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***

Howdy Doody Jambo

Very tough game on horrible pitch.  Yet another test for Naisy and spineless players. Rather hoping both prove me wrong. When's the draw for the semis?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

Well hopefully the players have a bit more backbone than the fans on this thread.  

Having to hope that the players have the backbone to compete against clubs like kilmarnock is exactly the problem and why fans have no confidence in this group.

While there can be no guarantee of a result we should have certainty and surety that the players have the required backbone to be able to get one.

Is it even worthwhile watching this? After Saturday piss poor display I'm not even sure if I want to rush home from work. Remind me, what time is k.o. 😂 As a long suffering Jambo, I'll be watching HHGH.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

St Mirren scored after 7 minutes and we produced nothing for the remainder of the game. All teams make mistakes in defence but our attack is absolutely shite which puts more pressure on defenders. 

Agree. We should be able to take losing the first goal on the chin, then getting stuck in and going on to win the game.  

5 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Not many teams of PAOK’s quality in the league 

True but we ain't good enough at defending or organised enough to sit back, imo.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Is it even worthwhile watching this? After Saturday piss poor display I'm not even sure if I want to rush home from work. Remind me, what time is k.o. 😂 As a long suffering Jambo, I'll be watching HHGH.

Definitely not. 

14 hours ago, martoon said:

All Killie have to do is what St. Mirren did today: score early and see out a 1-0 win.

We are so easy to play against on our travels it's not true.

Hearts are harmless away from home. The most softest, clueless shitebags any football club could welcome to their home.

Sickening.

Managers of 'wee teams' like Killie, Well and SM regulary set up to beat us or frustrate us. It's not a surprise anymore. Beats me how our managers can't do the same against either these teams of the Ugly Sisters.

25 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Managers of 'wee teams' like Killie, Well and SM regulary set up to beat us or frustrate us. It's not a surprise anymore. Beats me how our managers can't do the same against either these teams of the Ugly Sisters.

Not appointing the right head coaches/managers is probably the answer, bud.

Lacklustre, timid fitba' is now our trademark.

Bloody depressing.

1 hour ago, daveyhmfc said:

Kilmarnock win (to nil) and I am putting money on it. Need to get some pleasure from my misery.

Why not really cash in?

Depressing times, davey.

pettigrewsstylist

Maybe finally start signing some guys who have actually proved themselves up to the challenges this league presents.

It’s a horrible feeling to think there’s a sense of dread developing already.

Who’s the characters in the team allied with a bit football who can lead by example?  Beni? Devlin?

You just think of Hearts and think of a team that struggle to get behind the opposition and create chances from the off.  Slow play when it should be quicker, players taking an extra touch when they should be passing…It always comes too late with this team as it did yesterday.  

I’d play Boyce up top with pace around him. He’s showing up better than Shankland just now. My worry is though that the players have lost faith in the management and nothing may have an effect now in a positive manner.  

Good to know the tech team at Hearts is on the ball...

Or just forecasting the same result for the home team, whoever we play?

:vrface:

Screenshot2023-09-24at16-27-06FirstTeamFixturesHearts.thumb.png.371d27f84443735c3d2b0527c0c5553b.png

18Jambo_dave74

Kilmarnock 1-0 - Vassell unmarked at a set piece.

Hearts 72% possession.

Rowles and Kent to complete 112 passes to each other.

Devlin booked.

Sibbick played at right back. 

Kingsley off with concussion.

Clark to hold on to the ball and allow Killie to get numbers back when we have the chance to counter. 

Grant to be brought on as a sub. 

Hearts to increase the tempo for the last 15 mins and manage a solitary shot on target.

2 hours ago, lou said:

I have no idea whether Mac Kirk or James Wilson are pacy players but I would to see one of them given a chance  alongside Shankland 

Agreed.

Boyce+Shankland isn’t going to work often enough. 

According to the other thread, most fans don’t seem to want to see our academy players get a game because Scott Brown once hacked Cochrane. 

1 minute ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Kilmarnock 1-0 - Vassell unmarked at a set piece.

Hearts 72% possession.

Rowles and Kent to complete 112 passes to each other.

Devlin booked.

Sibbick played at right back. 

Kingsley off with concussion.

Clark to hold on to the ball and allow Killie to get numbers back when we have the chance to counter. 

Grant to be brought on as a sub. 

Hearts to increase the tempo for the last 15 mins and manage a solitary shot on target.

All accurate up until the last sentence. 

8 hours ago, GBJambo said:

4 nil Kilmarnock. We will have 70% possession and 1 shot on goal. 

Great stuff Hearts 👏

We've only conceded 3 goals so far in 6 league games, so I highly doubt it. Unfortunately the rest sounds accurate

Exile fae Main Street
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Boyce will start , Boyce will be shot shy , when Boyce does shoot it will be a weak as **** effort.

This....it's beginning to sound like I don't rate or like Boyce, actually never have liked him and that header he missed against Zurich sealed it. 

1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

This....it's beginning to sound like I don't rate or like Boyce, actually never have liked him and that header he missed against Zurich sealed it. 

I think he has a place in the squad I don't think he should be starting in every game.Its like we are setting out the team to revolve around him.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Boyce will start , Boyce will be shot shy , when Boyce does shoot it will be a weak as **** effort.

One of the most ridiculous things this season, amongst many, is the notion that it's great news Boyce is back. Says it all about the epically bad recruitment that in the Autumn of 2023 a 32 year old Liam Boyce seems to be a key member of the team never mind the squad. Embarrassing and one of the admittedly many reasons we are utterly shite.

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

One of the most ridiculous things this season, amongst many, is the notion that it's great news Boyce is back. Says it all about the epically bad recruitment that in the Autumn of 2023 a 32 year old Liam Boyce seems to be a key member of the team never mind the squad. Embarrassing and one of the admittedly many reasons we are utterly shite.

Then we have Haring the guy has been leaving for about 3 seasons now and every year it's a year deal again.I don't mind him but we need to let these guys move on and improve upon them.

I know folk will probably have a go at me about Haring and say he is our best midfielder ( I don't think he is I think he can have the odd decent game though ) or something but **** what does that say then

Edited by vegas-voss

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Then we have Haring the guy has been leaving for about 3 seasons now and every year it's a year deal again.I don't mind him but we need to let these guys move on and improve upon them.

I know folk will probably have a go at me about Haring and say he is our best midfielder ( I don't think he is I think he can have the odd decent game though ) or something but **** what does that say then

Totally true. Both are great examples that recruitment and any evolution of our squad has been utterly hopeless and the morons in charge of it have failed continually. 

Someone on the canceling of FoH donations thread was suggesting that anyone stopping their DD was merely handicapping the club. Whilst there may be truth in the fact that any cancellation impacts the bottom line a far far bigger problem is the appalling use of the available budget and the complete waste of money on rubbish like Kio. Failure to replace mediocre players like Boyce and Haring simply underlines how inadequate a job has been done by those in charge of the make up of our squad. The early signs are that we've brought in quantity over quality again this summer. They have no idea what they are doing and simply make it up as they go along. 

Exile fae Main Street

Team:

Clark(Unfortunately)

Offiah

Kent(Jury still out)

Sibbick 

Kingsley(Cochrane still injured?)

Banningme 

The other Aussie guy.

Devlin

Vargas/Oda

Shankland

Tagawa

Shankland needs benched. Give Grant a chance at No. 10. Play Boyce up top unless Tagawa is fit. Drop Clark. Where is Finlay Pollock? (injured?). Drop Rowles. Don't let Beni play on that pitch- injury certain. Give Tait a crack.

I’ll be sitting watching it on Hearts TV as always hoping for a good performance and win but I’m just not feeling that will happen. Always live in hope though.

Shankland will continue to look pissed off that he didn’t get a move . Miss sitters that are harder to miss and just huff about. 

He should be benched and stripped of his captaincy. 

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Shankland will continue to look pissed off that he didn’t get a move . Miss sitters that are harder to miss and just huff about. 

He should be benched and stripped of his captaincy. 

If he wants a move the best thing for him to do is score goals and work his socks off.

Just now, One five said:

If he wants a move the best thing for him to do is score goals and work his socks off.

Yep but he looks like he can’t be arsed and he is never a captain. 

He doesn’t have a motivational bone in his body. He looks constantly depressed and can’t even get himself up for it let alone the team

6 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Yep but he looks like he can’t be arsed and he is never a captain. 

He doesn’t have a motivational bone in his body. He looks constantly depressed and can’t even get himself up for it let alone the team

Agree mate he looks uninterested I said it right from the start never a captain.

Cannot believe the way some have turned on the first 20+ striker since Robbie. Hardly any other ***** can score no wonder his heads down, if he doesn't score every game we probably don't win, combine that with the fact he's working off scraps. The only time the balls making it into the box is if a fullback gets a bit space wide, who then puts in a shite cross. Shankland needs to play, but we need players behind him that can supply. Boyce is too slow and we need our speedy wingers back asap. 

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Well hopefully the players have a bit more backbone than the fans on this thread.  

Maybe they read this sh!te and think '**** you then!'

Which of course, is very, very wrong

Ricardo Quaresma
33 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Cannot believe the way some have turned on the first 20+ striker since Robbie. Hardly any other ***** can score no wonder his heads down, if he doesn't score every game we probably don't win, combine that with the fact he's working off scraps. The only time the balls making it into the box is if a fullback gets a bit space wide, who then puts in a shite cross. Shankland needs to play, but we need players behind him that can supply. Boyce is too slow and we need our speedy wingers back asap.

Yeah, maybe he knows him and Boyce won't work and the better thing to do to get a goal yesterday was put faster players on in an effort to get behind; hopefully that game is final proof that it's him or Boyce, not both

Others suggested letting them have the ball, as when they did and then lost it, we were getting forward on the break, just not fast enough 👍

Ricardo Quaresma

Clark

Sibbick Kent Offiah Rowles

Devlin +1

Oda Boyce Forrest

Vargas

Lowry for Oda if injured and Switch with Forrest

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***