*** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***

Howdy Doody Jambo

Ricardo Quaresma

Got to use this game to try things, no choice

At least it'll be unpredictable for the opposition

Also, how did RC beat killie there? Got to be combing that full game for Homework

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

4 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Kilmarnock 1-0 - Vassell unmarked at a set piece.

Hearts 72% possession.

Rowles and Kent to complete 112 passes to each other.

Devlin booked.

Sibbick played at right back. 

Kingsley off with concussion.

Clark to hold on to the ball and allow Killie to get numbers back when we have the chance to counter. 

Grant to be brought on as a sub. 

Hearts to increase the tempo for the last 15 mins and manage a solitary shot on target.

Sounds about right.

Please Hearts …. Have a bit of pride and turn up to this and give it a go 

Not at all confident , going to be a tough game but show so ambition and passion. 

If this is another away performance horror show , every single one of them can GTF  

They owe the fans a huge performance 

37 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Excellent opportunity to get to Hampden, maybe against Hibs. This is a huge match, please ****ing turn up Hearts. 

Keep dreaming, there is no harm in it.

5 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Hearts 72% possession.

Devlin booked.

Clark to hold on to the ball and allow Killie to get numbers back when we have the chance to counter. 

Hearts to increase the tempo for the last 15 mins and manage a solitary shot on target.

artworks-FtumioWue8hdYFy2-R84nLA-t500x500.jpg

Looking forward to this.

Really want to win the League Cup.

Get back to a 4 2 3 1. Not convinced Beni helped us with the quick attacking style on Saturday.

Big pitch and they will sit in. So looking for some creativity from Lowry and Vargas providing the pace.

Hope to see a reaction from Saturday. I would rather play Shankland and demand a performance from him rather than bench him and create an issue. He's been one of our top performers until the last few games. Deserves a bit of support right now.

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Devlin Haring

Vargas  Boyce  Lowry

Shankland 

23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Looking forward to this.

Get back to a 4 2 3 1. Not convinced Beni helped us with the quick attacking style on Saturday.

Big pitch and they will sit in. So looking for some creativity from Lowry and Vargas providing the pace.

Hope to see a reaction from Saturday. I would rather play Shankland and demand a performance from him rather than bench him and create an issue. He's been one of our top performers until the last few games. Deserves a bit of support right now.

Clark

Devlin Haring

Vargas  Boyce  Lowry

Shankland 

So your solution is to play Haring :rofl:

And persevere with Boyce and Shankland. Aye, both those things will definitely assist with the mythical "quick attacking style". And that's before even considering the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

And persevere with Boyce and Shankland. Aye, both those things will definitely assist with the mythical "quick attacking style". And that's before even considering the pitch.

Just thank **** he’s not picking the team👍

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

This is pretty much the team that beat Aberdeen which is the best we have played in weeks. Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

This is pretty much the team that beat Aberdeen which is the best we have played in weeks. Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

We've been utterly shite for weeks, actually let me correct that, months!

This calendar year we've won 9 league games out of 26. We've taken 33pts out of 78. Abysmal.

In 34 competitive matches we've won 13 and that's including wins over Hamilton and Partick!

We were ok against a dreadful Aberdeen side, on the day, which seems to have blinded some people to the realities. Nobody should be calming down, in fact the more noise and disruption the better. It's time, in fact way past time, that the people mismanaging us so badly, and so continually, were made very aware that their ineptitude won't be tolerated any longer. There is every possibility that things come to a head, if they don't act before then, at the derby in a couple of weeks, but regardless it's only a matter of time now because this isn't some short term issue, this is what this setup is, as I've provided evidence of above. A complete failure. And it ain't going to get any better however much you and other jam tomorrow fans want it too.

9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We've been utterly shite for weeks, actually let me correct that, months!

This calendar year we've won 9 league games out of 26. We've taken 33pts out of 78. Abysmal.

In 34 competitive matches we've won 13 and that's including wins over Hamilton and Partick!

We were ok against a dreadful Aberdeen side, on the day, which seems to have blinded some people to the realities. Nobody should be calming down, in fact the more noise and disruption the better. It's time, in fact way past time, that the people mismanaging us so badly, and so continually, were made very aware that their ineptitude won't be tolerated any longer. There is every possibility that things come to a head, if they don't act before then, at the derby in a couple of weeks, but regardless it's only a matter of time now because this isn't some short term issue, this is what this setup is, as I've provided evidence of above. A complete failure. And it ain't going to get any better however much you and other jam tomorrow fans want it too.

What team would you pick for Tuesday from the options available?

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Carter said:

You've seen the movie before haven't you! 

Unfortunately too many times,every season I go into with renewed hope.

..dens park the other week broke me.

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

What team would you pick for Tuesday from the options available?

I honestly don't care about the game on Tuesday. You can throw a team out there utilising the sub standard squad available but it means very little as the setup has been and will continue to be a total failure. A one off result, which we've had here and there is totally immaterial to the bigger picture. Those running the club have shown they are in no way serious about making us successful on the pitch so until such time as they appoint an actual manager to lead the squad in a positive direction, why should I give a shit about it? Frankly even if we win on Tuesday it won't change my opinion on Naismith nor Savage and his recruitment and I doubt whether any single player could alter my perception of whether they are good enough or otherwise.

that’s utterly brutal. Jesus Christ I knew it was bad but not that bad

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

that’s utterly brutal. Jesus Christ I knew it was bad but not that bad

9 from 29 since we beat Hibs in January buddy. 😳

15 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I honestly don't care about the game on Tuesday. You can throw a team out there utilising the sub standard squad available but it means very little as the setup has been and will continue to be a total failure. A one off result, which we've had here and there is totally immaterial to the bigger picture. Those running the club have shown they are in no way serious about making us successful on the pitch so until such time as they appoint an actual manager to lead the squad in a positive direction, why should I give a shit about it? Frankly even if we win on Tuesday it won't change my opinion on Naismith nor Savage and his recruitment and I doubt whether any single player could alter my perception of whether they are good enough or otherwise.

Why are you bothering with this thread! 

I totally get your frustration about things in general.

But on this match thread it would be good to get some positive thoughts on how we can win the game.

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

But on this match thread it would be good to get some positive thoughts on how we can win the game.

Fair point. 

I was drawn to your post re Haring and the supposed quick attacking style (which we all know is complete nonsense) but you're right I'd be better sticking to the multitude of other threads  concerning the farce we are witnessing at our club and leaving this to people who care about the game on Tuesday. 

27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Unfortunately too many times,every season I go into with renewed hope.

..dens park the other week broke me.

A disgusting performance. Season definitely feels it's been going longer than 6 games. 

Sense apathy has kicked in already.

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

The quick attacking style has never existed, and never will with our current midfield options.

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

The quick attacking style has never existed, and never will with our current midfield options.

This.

70% possession in our last game, and no goals scored again. Only 4 league goals drom 6 games, so far this season, and we've yet to play hibs and the OF.

Any result against Killie won't mean much if we're bottom of the league by the end of October.

11 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Excellent opportunity to get to Hampden, maybe against Hibs. This is a huge match, please ****ing turn up Hearts. 

That sends a chill down my back! Usually Hibs at Hampden I would be buzzing for, however can't think of much worse fixtures at this moment in time with the spineless team and management we have in place. 

7 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Correct, doesn't help when he shoves Devlin to play wide right either! One of the most bizarre decisions I've seen. 

8 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Correct, no pace, no-one who can make a killer pass or even a forward pass, and even then no-one really playing up front ie in the faces of the opposition defenders. 

16 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Hearts 72% possession.

Devlin booked.

Brilliant 🤣 although I do think Sibbick is our best bet a RB if Atkinson isn't playing 

10 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Was going to reply with exactly the same thing. Absolutely wild!

Time for the players to sort themselves out and actually perform tomorrow night.  They’re the ones out on the park piddling about. High time they actually started earning their salaries.  No excuses - get out into that plastic dump and get a result. 

18 hours ago, AndrewB said:

Team?

McGovern - worth a go

Atkinson

Kent

Sibbick

Kingsley

Beni

Devlin

Boyce

Forrest

Tagawa

Vargas

Shanks on bench.

11 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Looking forward to this.

Clark

Devlin Haring

Vargas  Boyce  Lowry

Shankland 

Is Atkinson fit ? looked to me that he could be out for weeks.

Here we have another classic example of games we struggle in.  Artificial pitch against a defensive team who will happily let us pass the ball about with 65%+ possession and will look to hit us on break.  We simply have to change this up.  A simple start is up the tempo.  We did that against Aberdeen and it makes a big difference.  Get the ball up to the front men at the earliest opportunity, if it doesn't hold then make sure we are up the park and pressing to regain possession.  Passive gets us nowhere.  Ironically I actually think we will get through this tie regardless of how we play, just a feeling.  

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

The positive thoughts are play our pacy players and do everything high tempo, go for it. The reality is that we will play the same two slow strikers, pass the ball about at CH, take that long to do everything that they will have everyone behind the ball 

and the call for the managers head will grow. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The positive thoughts are play our pacy players and do everything high tempo, go for it. The reality is that we will play the same two slow strikers, pass the ball about at CH, take that long to do everything that they will have everyone behind the ball 

and the call for the managers head will grow. 

I think the chants when we inevitably lose will be directed at the board. We are approaching pieman levels of seethe 😳

colinmorewasgash

Killie 2 Famous 0 

Setpiece 1st goal 60 percent possession 1 shot on target 

Then as we chase equaliser near end ball over top rowles floundering 2 zip. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kilmarnock are not at the same level as St Mirren, nor have the same levels of confidence. You see Motherwell doing well at Ibrox yesterday, apparently we only beat Aberdeen because they are shite, but yet they have played well in the ensuing 2 games.

You dont always get it your own way, we haven't, we need to up our levels, and demonstrate far more drive in the opponents half, that though has been made difficult by in form opponents.

These next 2 games are much better opportunities, I expect better results, if they dont materialise, players and management need to rip it up

10 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Ask Naismith and his team this very question. Most of the fans seem to know what we should be doing but the players either don't know or are playing the tactics drummed into them by a clueless management team.

Anyone who didn't know that Robbie was no longer at the club would think he was still here after watchig us play this season.

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Looking forward to this.

Clark

Devlin Haring

Vargas  Boyce  Lowry

Shankland 

Doubt we will see Atkinson for a while. 

pettigrewsstylist

Boyce and Shankland starting away from home needs changed. Shankland up top in no9 role please. Lowry has to get a gig at LM surely, after watching Paisley nonsense.

Not a fan of Cammy at RM.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I think the chants when we inevitably lose will be directed at the board. We are approaching pieman levels of seethe 😳

They will be well deserved 

Killie 1 - 0 Hearts.

Budge to lose her man and let their right back back tap the ball in.

Savage to miss a penalty.

Seriously, I think we'll win this. Based purely on football being totally random sometimes.

This is a cup quarter final and yet I feel no excitement for this match. More like dread. 

4-2-3-1 isn't working. Rip it up and go back to basics. 4-4-2. Play more direct. The pitch is awful. 

Clark

Offiah(if available) 

Kent

Sibbick 

Kingsley 

Forrest

Devlin 

Baningime

Halliday

Shankland 

Vargas

I don't love the midfield but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Correct, doesn't help when he shoves Devlin to play wide right either! One of the most bizarre decisions I've seen. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct, no pace, no-one who can make a killer pass or even a forward pass, and even then no-one really playing up front ie in the faces of the opposition defenders. 

We don't have any ball carriers from the middle of the park. A Paul Hartley or a Colin Cameron would make a whole world of a difference to our dynamic.

I don't care. I live and work 10 miles from Kilmarnock and I didn't even know this game was this week until they told me because they're going.

They asked me if I was going. No.

They asked me who I think will win. Kilmarnock. 

And I frankly don't even give a ****. I love Hearts. It's my club and I love it. 

But I am completely out of hope and faith in everyone who is there to do right by it. 

Disser Pointon
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I don't care. I live and work 10 miles from Kilmarnock and I didn't even know this game was this week until they told me because they're going.

They asked me if I was going. No.

They asked me who I think will win. Kilmarnock. 

And I frankly don't even give a ****. I love Hearts. It's my club and I love it. 

But I am completely out of hope and faith in everyone who is there to do right by it. 

I hear you and feel your pain brother, have had enough of this season already.

7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

This is a cup quarter final and yet I feel no excitement for this match. More like dread. 

4-2-3-1 isn't working. Rip it up and go back to basics. 4-4-2. Play more direct. The pitch is awful. 

Clark

Offiah(if available) 

Kent

Sibbick 

Kingsley 

Forrest

Devlin 

Baningime

Halliday

Shankland 

Vargas

I don't love the midfield but it is what it is.

Thank **** you don't pick the team 😆

Zander

Toby Kent Rowles Kingsley

Cam Beni

Vargas Grant Forrest

Boyce

With Gordon, Halkett, Natty, Cochrane, McKay, Oda and Tagawa out and Shanks I'd say clearly needing to clear his head, I'm not sure what else we can do?  Newy could play, Haring could play, but I don't see that being far different from the above.

Another option would be chucking Tait in midfield, or McLuckie or Sandilands in for Forrest out wide.

They need to show up, it's as simple as that.  Don't over think it, want that ball more than them and when we get it, look instantly for Boyce, or into corners for Vargas and Forrest to run onto/chase down.

pettigrewsstylist

Football is a funny old game, i could see this being ground out by a Shankland penalty.

Then i remember our defence reverted to putty on Sat, both on the turn and from setplays. No atkinson or cochrane twists our preferred style, and Vargas aint Gino.

Hope remains, as ever, but doubt it will be pretty. Making next round will be enough, no matter how.

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Zander

Cam Beni

Vargas Grant Forrest

Boyce

With Gordon, Halkett, Natty, Cochrane, McKay, Oda and Tagawa out and Shanks I'd say clearly needing to clear his head, I'm not sure what else we can do?  Newy could play, Haring could play, but I don't see that being far different from the above.

Another option would be chucking Tait in midfield, or McLuckie or Sandilands in for Forrest out wide.

They need to show up, it's as simple as that.  Don't over think it, want that ball more than them and when we get it, look instantly for Boyce, or into corners for Vargas and Forrest to run onto/chase down.

Boyce not shooting on Sat was borderline criminal. 

Clark

Offiah  Kent   Rowles   Kingsley

Beni   Devlin

Forrest       Lowry       Vargas

Shankland

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Zander

Cam Beni

Vargas Grant Forrest

Boyce

You could add Wilson and or Kirk to the above.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Boyce not shooting on Sat was borderline criminal. 

The guy seems scared to shoot. Actually don't think I've ever seen him score a goal from outside the box either, his long range shooting is appalling. Intelligent player but takes far too long on the ball. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - match day thread ***