Jude Bellingham

McGlynn The Money

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Madrid seem to be transitioning masterfully from their serial champions league winning team into a new generation. Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Vinicius, Militao, Rodrygo will be in that team for years to come and Bellingham is the cherry on top. 

If they do add Mbappe I can see another era of dominance in Europe for them.

Their next manager will be an interesting choice if Ancelotti goes next summer. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Morgan

• ShortmanRossco

• kingantti1874

3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. As far as English midfielders go I think he will surpass, scholes, Lampard and Gerard 

He's a very different type of player to all three of those. To be fair Scholes was a fantastic footballer, but I agree that Bellingham looks like he could be something really special - it's very difficult to see any weaknesses in his game.

Special player, one of those that looks like he glides with the ball. He was jogging with the ball on the break last night and Gilmour was full sprint trying to keep up. Once he fully develops he’s going to be an animal.

As talented as you like but also does the dirty side of the game too. 

In addition he interviews and carries himself terrifically. Watched clips of him in Madrid already trying to speak to locals in Spanish to try and improve his fluency of their language. 

Scary that he’s only only 20 years old. Excited to see how he develops. Looks a stick on for a Balon D’or. 

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

Birmingham City retired his shirt number after 44 games played for the club and got laughed at for it. They knew.

They retired his shirt number because his transfer stopped them from going bust 😂

6 minutes ago, escobri said:

Birmingham City retired his shirt number after 44 games played for the club and got laughed at for it. They knew.

Aye, that's what it was. For some reason I thought they'd built a statue for him 😆 🤣 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, escobri said:

This is what I came on to say. I was one of those taking the piss. Shows what I know.

Some talent.

The talent England have is incredible, and there’s plenty more coming through the ranks. The lad Dunk is a bit of a game changer as well as Bellingham. There was one move last night we’re they passed it through us at a such a pace it was frightening. They pretty much have everything power, pace and goals from all over the pitch and a decent looking defence. On their game they’re one of the best in the world right now.

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

He’s worryingly good. Like future ballon d’or winner level good. Hopefully they continue to churn out bombscare defenders.

It’s a Bellingham thread, not a chance to have yet another dig at England.  👍

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They retired his shirt number because his transfer stopped them from going bust 😂

Oh man.

Should we have retired Templeton's?

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

The talent England have is incredible, and there’s plenty more coming through the ranks. The lad Dunk is a bit of a game changer as well as Bellingham. There was one move last night we’re they passed it through us at a such a pace it was frightening. They pretty much have everything power, pace and goals from all over the pitch and a decent looking defence. On their game they’re one of the best in the world right now.

Yep as I said above they were without John Stones, plus Reece James, Trent Alexander Arnold, Jack Grealish. James Maddison sitting on the bench never even got on

Aswell as the likes of Rico Lewis, Harvey Elliott, Cole Palmer in the U-21s. Pretty frightening strength in depth overall. They won't be far away next year and no shame in losing to them last night.

46 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

Yep as I said above they were without John Stones, plus Reece James, Trent Alexander Arnold, Jack Grealish. James Maddison sitting on the bench never even got on

Aswell as the likes of Rico Lewis, Harvey Elliott, Cole Palmer in the U-21s. Pretty frightening strength in depth overall. They won't be far away next year and no shame in losing to them last night.

There’s not and they’ll scud a few teams by more than 2 if they really want to. Andy Robertson at a push is the only Scotland player that would get near their squad. We’re several levels below them unfortunately. And just as worryingly most of them are still to hit their peak!

6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

There’s not and they’ll scud a few teams by more than 2 if they really want to. Andy Robertson at a push is the only Scotland player that would get near their squad. We’re several levels below them unfortunately. And just as worryingly most of them are still to hit their peak!

Totally agree. However as has been mentioned I think a more attack minded manager might be required for them to push on. Southgate is too defensive. Will the attacking talent England have there is no need to play 2 holding midfielders. Play Rice and then 5 attack minded players. They'd be better playing the Keegan way. You score two we'll score three etc. Would also be much more entertaining to watch.

The Black Prince

And to think Haaland could have elected to play for England also...

As I said on another thread, I thought Scotland did alright against a supremely talented team and Bellingham was the ringmaster. Freakish.

If Oz get away from Wembley next month losing by no more than two goals, I'll call that a result. But I worry they're just starting to realise how good they are and some massive skelpings are in the pipeline.

12 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The transformation of Dunk under Potter and De Zerbi is scary. He was once regarded as a head it kick it CB. Now he’d walk into almost any top EPL side and play, he looks so comfortable on the ball. 

At 31, he’s somewhat of a late bloomer but he’s the type of guy I have no issue with playing for England if that makes sense. He’s earned every inch of the caps he’s making at the moment. 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Potential to be world class 

Think he's already there, to be honest.

Don't think there's a team he wouldn't walk into, or a club that wouldn't take him.

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Don't think there's a team he wouldn't walk into, or a club that wouldn't take him.

The guy has strolled into Madrid and is instantly recognised as their best player. You are right there isn’t a single team on the planet who wouldn’t take.  

Devlin Beni. 

Vargas        Bellingham       Oda  

Tagawa   

When all  fit and once we sign him in January using Shankland Saudi money. 

This would be the attack  

moving on……

He’s a top top player and will go on to win everything there is ,certainly in club football 

On 13/09/2023 at 14:14, Chimp said:

Ooooft, starting a thread on a player who has no connection to the club, playing a dangerous game there my friend!

Maybe Naismiths got an eye on him for the January transfer window... 🤔

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Agree mate. I was just thinking of his age and how you see players come through but don't realise their potential. In his case I think he is moving forward. Yep top player

Edited by Class of 75

17 hours ago, boag1874 said:

:rofl:Touchy much?

No.

No good reason to be ‘touchy’ about an English footballer.  I’m Scottish.

I simply don't understand the perceived requirement to have a go at England at every opportunity.

50 minutes ago, scratchy said:

Scotland don't have the likes of a Rashford or a Bellingham. We could do you a couple oh Harry Maguires though....🙃

id say. The only player Scotland would get in the England squad would be Andy Robertson. And I don’t think he plays over a fit shaw. 

harry Maguire walks into the Scotland team every day. We have no one close to his level 

He was different class. That England team are winning a tournament soon with the players they have. 

The only thing stopping them is their manager.

1 hour ago, The Black Prince said:

If he was Argentinian, French or German people would have no trouble agreeing he's world class at 20.

He's world class.

to be fair I think 99% of the board would agree.and I can tell you 100% of those around me at hampden agreed. 

Best midfielder on the planet right now. 

His style reminds me of Zidane. Big, strong, athletic and a brilliant footballer. Struggling to see a weakness in his game, going right to the very top. Only 20 years old as well.

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

No.

No good reason to be ‘touchy’ about an English footballer.  I’m Scottish.

I simply don't understand the perceived requirement to have a go at England at every opportunity.

Mate it’s no different to taking pops at Hibs/The OF, it’s just a football rivalry it’s not that deep. Especially as the thread was started off the back of a Scotland v England game.

It also wasn’t even that much of a dig? Its true that their attack is ridiculously good & if their defense matched it they’d be winning every tournament for the foreseeable.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Mate it’s no different to taking pops at Hibs/The OF, it’s just a football rivalry it’s not that deep. Especially as the thread was started off the back of a Scotland v England game.

It also wasn’t even that much of a dig? Its true that their attack is ridiculously good & if their defense matched it they’d be winning every tournament for the foreseeable.

If they don't win something with this group of players in the next 5/10 years, they might as well pack it in.

36 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If they don't win something with this group of players in the next 5/10 years, they might as well pack it in.

Absolutely, Belgium missed their opportunity with their golden generation so theres no guarantee this level of player will continue to come through the ranks (or that another country or 2 won’t catch up).

They’ll get a good 6-8 major tournaments out of Foden, Bellingham, Rice, Saka & TAA as their core starting group, plus guys like James,
Sancho & Mount. They could all go til at least til the 2034 world cup, maybe even the 2036 euros & then Bellingham you’d imagine will be able to go until the 2038 world cup, 2040 euros not out of the question either if he keeps free of any major injuries.

If they don’t win one in that time I can genuine see them never winning one in my lifetime. It’s an insanely talented group that haven’t hit their prime yet.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Absolutely, Belgium missed their opportunity with their golden generation so theres no guarantee this level of player will continue to come through the ranks (or that another country or 2 won’t catch up).

They’ll get a good 6-8 major tournaments out of Foden, Bellingham, Rice, Saka & TAA as their core starting group, plus guys like James,
Sancho & Mount. They could all go til at least til the 2034 world cup, maybe even the 2036 euros & then Bellingham you’d imagine will be able to go until the 2038 world cup, 2040 euros not out of the question either if he keeps free of any major injuries.

If they don’t win one in that time I can genuine see them never winning one in my lifetime. It’s an insanely talented group that haven’t hit their prime yet.

Aye like you say, there's a plenty of longevity in this squad, and they seem to gel better than Englands golden generation of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Ferdinand etc.

On 14/09/2023 at 06:09, dougal said:

Totally agree. However as has been mentioned I think a more attack minded manager might be required for them to push on. Southgate is too defensive. Will the attacking talent England have there is no need to play 2 holding midfielders. Play Rice and then 5 attack minded players. They'd be better playing the Keegan way. You score two we'll score three etc. Would also be much more entertaining to watch.

Was just thinking the same. A very astute, top level manager could get this squad of players almost unbeatable. They could blow teams away if they get the balance spot on. 

Not sure who that manager would be tbh, but if he left the job I can't see Gareth Southgate getting a job with any of the top 6-8 teams in England...that really confirms his level.

A_A wehatethehibs
29 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

Was just thinking the same. A very astute, top level manager could get this squad of players almost unbeatable. They could blow teams away if they get the balance spot on. 

Not sure who that manager would be tbh, but if he left the job I can't see Gareth Southgate getting a job with any of the top 6-8 teams in England...that really confirms his level.

Graham Potter would probably be the shout. 

On 15/09/2023 at 07:26, EH11 2NL said:

His style reminds me of Zidane. Big, strong, athletic and a brilliant footballer. Struggling to see a weakness in his game, going right to the very top. Only 20 years old as well.

He has that elegance that Zidane had, makes everything look easy.