Jude Bellingham

McGlynn The Money

I had an argument about a year ago about him. I reckoned he was the young player that would take England forward and is a special talent. My brother reckons that’s Foden. Bollocks it is. Great player but isn’t the potential consistent game changer Bellingham is. 

I heard an interview with him on the radio after the World Cup and they asked him what his ambition was and he replied “to be the best player in the world”. Some people laughed at that but why not? He might not be but why limit your ambition to something like winning lots of caps or champions leagues? And the odd thing is he didn’t say it arrogantly, just matter of fact. And he did justify it pretty well. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Morgan

• ShortmanRossco

• kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

The fifth Englishman to score for Real Madrid in the Champions League, does anyone want to guess who the other four are?

Beckham; Owen, McManaman, Woodgate (bit of a long shot that one)

periodictabledancer
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I had an argument about a year ago about him. I reckoned he was the young player that would take England forward and is a special talent. My brother reckons that’s Foden. Bollocks it is. Great player but isn’t the potential consistent game changer Bellingham is. 

I heard an interview with him on the radio after the World Cup and they asked him what his ambition was and he replied “to be the best player in the world”. Some people laughed at that but why not? He might not be but why limit your ambition to something like winning lots of caps or champions leagues? And the odd thing is he didn’t say it arrogantly, just matter of fact. And he did justify it pretty well. 

He's got the ability ,no question but he clearly has an attitude problem when it comes to training. Well known fall out at Dortmund to the extent Southgate has had words with him , that's long before the latest mess with ten Haag. 

Everything is going for him right now, got a huge slice of luck and the headlines again this evening. Sport being sport, there will be a banana skin coming though.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Beckham; Owen, McManaman, Woodgate (bit of a long shot that one)

:spoton: 

I had no idea Woodgate scored for them but it was apparently against Rosenborg

19 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Got a feeling he got sent off in the same game.

15 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Got a feeling he got sent off in the same game.

That could be his first game you’re thinking of. He scored an OG and got sent off. Quite the start to a career at a club. 

McGlynn The Money
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That could be his first game you’re thinking of. He scored an OG and got sent off. Quite the start to a career at a club. 

Aye, in his second season at the club. He spent his entire first season there injured.

As for Bellingham, who does he think he is scoring important late, important goals all the time? John Robertson?

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

He's got the ability ,no question but he clearly has an attitude problem when it comes to training. Well known fall out at Dortmund to the extent Southgate has had words with him , that's long before the latest mess with ten Haag. 

Am I missing an obscure reference what has Bellingham got to do with Ten Haag

stirlingshirejambo
25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Possibly confusing Bellingham with Sancho. 

Yes I realised that after I posted

I think Bellingham is model professional and very mature for his age

The England side are certainly in good hands nowadays.

I said a week ago that only two or three of our national team would get near an England squad.

I was just so wrong.

It’s zero.

• 2 weeks later...
McGlynn The Money

A lovely assist and a fine strike last night. Not bad for someone who, according to some, only scares tap ins.

Carl Fredrickson

His younger brother, Jobe,  is playing really well for Sunderland. Joined in the close season but can see him moving to a more successful team sooner rather than later. 

Only 18, versatile and has bossed the midfield in a couple of games. 

Their parents must be so proud of the two of them.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

A lovely assist and a fine strike last night. Not bad for someone who, according to some, only scares tap ins.

I'd love a player coming in from midfield to score tap ins as often as he does.

On 20/09/2023 at 22:09, Morgan said:

I said a week ago that only two or three of our national team would get near an England squad.

I was just so wrong.

It’s zero.

Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney and Aaron Hickey are all better left backs than Luke shaw. 

I would argue McGinn get in the squad. 

New Town Loafer
3 hours ago, savage said:

Played against his dad 3 times.  He was also a very good player at English non league level. Scored a lot of goals

Was he a striker?

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney and Aaron Hickey are all better left backs than Luke shaw. 

Would agree with that TBH - McGinn is an incredibly impactful player and we're in a weird situation in having 3 absolutely outstanding left backs :D 

joondalupjambo

all about attitude, self believe and confidence which as an Englishman he has in spades.  Talent alone would not be enough.  Vast majority of Scottish laddie's lack that desire to be the best and also stay in their comfort zones.  Thankfully Hickey, that Hibby and yon Aberdeen boy are starting a new trend whereby our talented youngsters see a bigger picture, move abroad and back themselves.

the posh bit
On 20/09/2023 at 22:09, Morgan said:

I was just so wrong.

It’s zero.

Craig Gordon would. 

On 20/09/2023 at 20:12, BigAlim said:

His was the first name I thought of

Mainly cos I still can’t believe they signed him 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2023 at 04:31, AlimOzturk said:

Robertson is the only player that would get anywhere near the England squad.

The Black Prince

I thought Scotland did pretty well to lose only 3-1 against what is a pretty awesome England side - who are only going to get better as they start to realise how ****ing good they are.

Desperately hoping they haven't realised that already because Oz has to play them at Wembley tomorrow. We're somewhat in transition also with a couple of our best players out. I fear it could get ugly.

Not least as the last time we played them was 2003 and hijacked the underestimating *******s 3-1. They won't be underestimating us tomorrow... or if they do, it will be with valid reason.

9 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hope Bellingham gets a run out tomorrow night as I'm on a jolly tomorrow that includes the game at Wembley.

Southgate will pick Henderson and Phillips instead :lol: 

Edited by King prawn

9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Southgate will pick Henderson and Phillips instead :lol: 

Quite probably. Hopefully get see if Harry Kane can escape Kye Rowles back pocket 😆

The Black Prince
28 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hope Bellingham gets a run out tomorrow night as I'm on a jolly tomorrow that includes the game at Wembley.

I hope he misses the team bus... gets an infected paper cut... anything!

On 20/09/2023 at 19:57, Tazio said:

He might just be the one English player that is great at club and international level recently.

Scholes,Beckham,Lampard and Gerrard nothing special at international level.

3 hours ago, benny said:

He might just be the one English player that is great at club and international level recently.

Harsh on Beckham. Out that list he captained his country and scored some incredible goals. 

He was Mr England for a long time despite the array of talent around him. 

5 hours ago, benny said:

Beckham and Scholes were superb footballers, Benny.

Gerrard was very good too.

The Black Prince

Apart from hitting a dead ball and the occasional cross, I never thought much of Beckham's football. Scholes (and Gerrard) were far superior IMnsHO.

Bellingham is like no previous English player. Maybe a teensy bit like Gazza but I've never seen an England player with that kind of close control at pace. Gonna be huge.

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Beckham and Scholes were superb footballers, Benny.

Gerrard was very good too.

Premier League Legends but nothing special at international level.

World Cup and Euro Finals all nothing special.

On 13/09/2023 at 14:07, jamboinglasgow said:

He's an incredible talent. Already is loved down at Madrid (scored 5 goals in 4 league games for them.) And its easy to forget that he has only recently turned 20, and has played over 200 senior games for club and country.

Just a wonderful player. Your post got me thinking. It is interesting to wonder if Hearts had a talent would he get the same opportunity. Birmingham City spotted something and Bellingham made a brilliant decision to go to the best club in Europe for playing youth. When you dig deeper, there are certain clubs who have this in their DNA. Now Bellingham is a generational type player, but Naisy and club have spoken about promoting youth. I long for the day when a Hearts 20yr old could have 200 games under his belt. Truth is, fans would say he is not ready, not big enough, needs to fill out. Truth is, forward players if quick enough, are ready at a young age.

Read somewhere he conveniently missed a PED test? 8 players were due at Madrid and he was sick. Something like that anyway. 

Probably nonsense but if true I'll have whatever it is he is on! 

On 01/10/2023 at 09:31, AlimOzturk said:

McGinn would get nowhere near that midfield

kingantti1874
On 13/10/2023 at 04:30, The Black Prince said:

Apart from hitting a dead ball and the occasional cross, I never thought much of Beckham's football. Scholes (and Gerrard) were far superior IMnsHO.

Bellingham is like no previous English player. Maybe a teensy bit like Gazza but I've never seen an England player with that kind of close control at pace. Gonna be huge.

Bellingham is outrageous. 

however you are doing becks a massive disservice . the best right foot in the history of the sport, most accurate passer in the history of the sport, and the only right mid who never ever needed to beat a man. He’d land it on the head of his forward from just about anywhere. 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

however you are doing becks a massive disservice . the best right foot in the history of the sport, most accurate passer in the history of the sport, and the only right mid who never ever needed to beat a man. He’d land it on the head of his forward from just about anywhere. 

Miss that generation of players. 

The Black Prince
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah, he was very good on the ball. Anonymous off it.

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Yeah, he was very good on the ball. Anonymous off it.

well that’s about as far from true as I could ever imagine. One of the hardest working right midfielders I’ve ever seen. 

sorry bud, maybe you just didn’t get the coverage in Australia at that time

a wee google will reveal all 

Edited by kingantti1874

I saw Bellingham warming up last night and everyone cheered.  Never left the concourse Bar at halftime so no idea if he got on or not.

His warm up was outstanding though 😆😆

ShortmanRossco
On 11/10/2023 at 21:56, McGlynn The Money said:

Another brace at the weekend. Two lovely, gorgeous goals.

Are you going to bump this thread every time a £103 million pound player has a good game? 

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Are you going to bump this thread every time a £103 million pound player has a good game? 

Interesting that you haven't posted for weeks but the first thing you come back with is that load of Tosh.

ShortmanRossco
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Interesting that you haven't posted for weeks but the first thing you come back with is that load of Tosh.

This might come as a surprise to you but scattergun shit posting isn't for everyone.

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

This might come as a surprise to you but scattergun shit posting isn't for everyone.

Before my reply to you, my last post on this thread was on Wednesday. There have been over 20 posts on the thread since yet somehow my post from Wednesday has caught your eye and you've felt the need to reply to me about it (weeks after your last post on here).

Interesting timing to say the least...