Jude Bellingham

McGlynn The Money

McGlynn The Money

Credit where it's due, what a player. I saw someone on Twitter describe him as the Haaland of midfield and that's a pretty good description of him at the moment.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Morgan

• ShortmanRossco

• Unknown user

jamboinglasgow

He's an incredible talent. Already is loved down at Madrid (scored 5 goals in 4 league games for them.) And its easy to forget that he has only recently turned 20, and has played over 200 senior games for club and country.

I have no doubt he's the missing piece of the English national team Jigsaw.

Bellingham & Rice where on a different level last night, real athletes.

Even with Southgate at the helm, i think they'll win the Euro's next year  😢

6 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Seems really arrogant. Dortmund squad seemingly didn't like his personality. 

not doing him any harm at the moment....

He does have a bit of Zidane about him, whether he becomes as good as ZZ did we'll see. He's easily one of the best midfielders in the world at 20 so it's entirely possible. Could become England's greatest player. 

Seems ridiculous after the disappointing result but leaving Hampden last night my main thought was just how bloody good he was.

England used to struggle to fit Gerrard,  Lampard and Scholes in their team but Bellingham appears to be able to do everything they can. 

Have a Liverpool supporting mate and he's as dumbfounded as I am that they pulled out of the race to sign him.

A_A wehatethehibs
33 minutes ago, Pingu said:

The highest compliment I can pay is that he reminds me of Zidane. 

Have to say I thought the era of this type of player was doomed never to return, thought we will watch a sea of overcoached, percentage play, sideways passers.

I hope the lad heralds the return of this type of player in football. The maverick CAM , the Riquelme, Baggio, Zico, Cruyff, even Gazza and the master Zidane.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Have to say I thought the era of this type of player was doomed never to return, thought we will watch a sea of overcoaches, percentage play, sideways passers.

I hope the lad heralds the return of this type of player in football. The maverick CAM , the Riquelme, Baggio, Zico, Cruyff, even Gazza and the master Zidane.

Ronaldinho was the master maverick 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Afraid to say it, but this is a game changer for Englands tournament chances. His ability only serves to free up and increase the power of a pretty decent supporting cast around him, who will get more freedom playing with such an exceptional talent.

I'd be back of the queue talking England up, however I'm buckling up. The misplaced arrogance that usually resonates, could be well placed arrogance this time round, you simply have to hope like Ukraine match Saturday, they take their eye off it

jamboinglasgow
43 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I know its not palatable to hear as Scotland fans, but England are one of the best teams in the world. Its mental the amount of talent they have now. 

England have a chance to win, and I think Southgate is very underrated by some, though I think they will just miss out in winning, I could see another final for them.

59 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

I think he always comes across well.

He's a phenomenal talent. He's going to dominate the game for years.

28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I know its not palatable to hear as Scotland fans, but England are one of the best teams in the world. Its mental the amount of talent they have now. 

England have a chance to win, and I think Southgate is very underrated by some, though I think they will just miss out in winning, I could see another final for them.

Southgate is the only thing holding england back at the moment, if it wasn’t for him they would’ve won a Euro or world cup by now.  

Essentially a home Euros and get beat of a horrible Italian side in the final, they pretty much got a by to the world cup final but somehow lost against a poor croatia side in the semis.  

Any semi competent manager would’ve won one of those tournaments with the gift of a draw that they had, southgate should be a national hero up here and I hope he continues the great work.

1 hour ago, Tour22 said:

I think it’s because he demanded so much of them, similar to what Ronaldo is like. Argument he just wants everyone performing to his standards. 

3 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I think it’s because he demanded so much of them, similar to what Ronaldo is like. Argument he just wants everyone performing to his standards. 

sounds like our current manager? 🤪

13 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Southgate is the only thing holding england back at the moment, if it wasn’t for him they would’ve won a Euro or world cup by now.  

Essentially a home Euros and get beat of a horrible Italian side in the final, they pretty much got a by to the world cup final but somehow lost against a poor croatia side in the semis.  

Any semi competent manager would’ve won one of those tournaments with the gift of a draw that they had, southgate should be a national hero up here and I hope he continues the great work.

I dont agree with that, he's got them to these finals with his style of management, he's united the players and got the media and support onside.

He does lack the killer instinct to take them over the line so far thank ****.

Unfortunately there's signs that a few of these players will rise above Southgates current failings 😳

1 hour ago, Pingu said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. As far as English midfielders go I think he will surpass, scholes, Lampard and Gerard 

Only 20 I honestly thought he might struggle at the start of his Real Madrid career with the expectation but **** me he has absolutely relishing in it.Guy is a brilliant player seems down to earth as well.

1 hour ago, Tour22 said:

You mean the ageing has beens in the Dortmund side didn't like a young player telling them they needed to do better?

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Fantastic player. If England stop playing Maguire they could win something soon.

They were missing John Stones last night, alongside Dunk that could be a very good partnership. Colwill and Tomori aswell I doubt Maguire will be getting much of a look in anymore. 

2 hours ago, Pingu said:

Tony Cascarino said the same thing recently (having played against Zidane when he was at Bordeaux).

He’s absolute class - could be the player that means England actually win something (annoyingly).

34 minutes ago, Ribble said:

You mean the ageing has beens in the Dortmund side didn't like a young player telling them they needed to do better?

It’s also strange because I watched his post-match interview and he came across like a level-headed, grounded young man. And he had every right to be arrogant because he was outstanding last night. 

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Steady two swallows do not make a summer.

All they need to do is continue to play Maguire and they will have no chance 🙂

Have some faith in Southgate still being a tw+t in his team selections, they will be only men forever.

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Tour22 said:

If he was pish and arrogant then I'd call him an arsehole....but he's a fantastic talent , so I've no problem with him being arrogant 

The ironic thing with Harry Maguire is he’d instantly be the best center back in Scotland by an absolute mile, and would instantly walk into the Scotland team. We’ve no one anywhere near him.  

Would be a great at a team like West Ham.  Doesn’t suit Utd 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Fantastic player. If England stop playing Maguire they could win something soon.

He was our best goal threat last night.  Our only shot on target.

That thing you do
3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Afraid to say it, but this is a game changer for Englands tournament chances. His ability only serves to free up and increase the power of a pretty decent supporting cast around him, who will get more freedom playing with such an exceptional talent.

I'd be back of the queue talking England up, however I'm buckling up. The misplaced arrogance that usually resonates, could be well placed arrogance this time round, you simply have to hope like Ukraine match Saturday, they take their eye off it

Tend to agree.

Especially as others (such as spain) are fading, Brazil and Argentina also.

Really does feel like its on the cards. Just hope its not the world cup, theyd never stop going on about it.

Id trade them a euros win for a wc choke

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I think that comes down to Southgate. He's the managerial equivalent of sticking someones gran in a Ferrari. Clearly playing favourites or something with Maguires constant inclusion despite him being a laughing stock. 

England have some genuinely wonderful talents, and are coached by someone who would be lucky to get an EPL job period. 

Graham Potter would surely be a more solid choice, its not like money is really much of an issue. 

3 hours ago, Tour22 said:

Think I read carvajal say the complete opposite this week.

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Seems ridiculous after the disappointing result but leaving Hampden last night my main thought was just how bloody good he was.

England used to struggle to fit Gerrard,  Lampard and Scholes in their team but Bellingham appears to be able to do everything they can. 

Have a Liverpool supporting mate and he's as dumbfounded as I am that they pulled out of the race to sign him.

I think he made it clear from the outset that he only wanted to go to Real Madrid.

3 hours ago, Homme said:

I think he always comes across well.

He's a phenomenal talent. He's going to dominate the game for years.

Yes, very level headed. Confident, as he should be but I don't think it spills over into arrogance.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Only 20 I honestly thought he might struggle at the start of his Real Madrid career with the expectation but **** me he has absolutely relishing in it.Guy is a brilliant player seems down to earth as well.

Arguably the most difficult fans to win over as well. You don't get a settling in period there and the expectation is huge. Some players, like Hazard, just can't seem to cope with it but Bellingham is thriving.

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

😂

Madrid seem to be transitioning masterfully from their serial champions league winning team into a new generation. Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Vinicius, Militao, Rodrygo will be in that team for years to come and Bellingham is the cherry on top. 

If they do add Mbappe I can see another era of dominance in Europe for them.

3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. As far as English midfielders go I think he will surpass, scholes, Lampard and Gerard 

Not really hard at international level.

Pasquale for King

More goals already for Madrid than Hazard 😆.
Probably just as well for England that Ancelotti saw where he should be played and Southgate has followed suit, alongside Rashford and Foden they’re movement was fantastic, although their first two goals were slightly fortunate.