Jude Bellingham

McGlynn The Money

ShortmanRossco
3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Before my reply to you, my last post on this thread was on Wednesday. There have been over 20 posts on the thread since yet somehow my post from Wednesday has caught your eye and you've felt the need to reply to me about it (weeks after your last post on here).

Interesting timing to say the least...

I'm simply picking up on the fact you've bumped this thread two weeks after the last post....twice.

Behaviour very parallel to Jambo-4-Ever. Probably makes sense though given you are on a similar level of posting as him.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Morgan

• ShortmanRossco

• kingantti1874

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

I'm simply picking up on the fact you've bumped this thread two weeks after the last post....twice.

Behaviour very parallel to Jambo-4-Ever. Probably makes sense though given you are on a similar level of posting as him.

You've said that already, just curious that this is the moment you've decided to take a forensic interest in my posts on this thread. Nearly three weeks after you last posted on here.

You also need to check your arithmetic, on neither occasion was it two weeks.

The Black Prince
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

well that’s about as far from true as I could ever imagine. One of the hardest working right midfielders I’ve ever seen. 

sorry bud, maybe you just didn’t get the coverage in Australia at that time

a wee google will reveal all 

I've seen enough of him.

I'll accept he might have been a bit better than I thought (I've always detested Man U). You're not a Man U fan are you?

11 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Yeah, he was very good on the ball. Anonymous off it.

Beck's was shite right enough, only played for Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan and PSG. Only the 100 odd caps for England too. Anonymous off it though. 🤔 Must've been a fluke. 

Byyy The Light

Beckham is accepted for his football by proper Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Cantona, and many many more.

Still some folk who’ve never kicked a ball think otherwise 🤣

The Black Prince
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Beckham is accepted for his football by proper Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Cantona, and many many more.

Only because they wanted invites to his wife's parties...

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Only because they wanted invites to his wife's parties...

David Beckham was an incredibly hard working player. This isn’t a point I’ll get lost debating in because it’s like debating Ronaldo had a shite goalscoring record.  

He is loved by Man U fans, Madrid fans, Ac Milan fans and PSG fans universally.  Some achievement and a lot of that is down his quality as well as his attitude. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

David Beckham was an incredibly hard working player. This isn’t a point I’ll get lost debating in because it’s like debating Ronaldo had a shite goalscoring record.  

He is loved by Man U fans, Madrid fans, Ac Milan fans and PSG fans universally.  Some achievement and a lot of that is down his quality as well as his attitude. 

Was he? I'm pretty sure I remember him being an empty shirt when not attacking.

I'm not saying he's shite, he clearly wasn't, but working hard off the ball isn't on his list of attributes for me.

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I'm not saying he's shite, he clearly wasn't, but working hard off the ball isn't on his list of attributes for me.

You’ve remembered it wrong. Sorry mate if you want go back what his running stats were like, or what his team mates thought of his work rate.  

In fact: I’ve done it for you.  Today players average between 8-13kn per game. Beckham averaged over 14. In englands win over Greece he ran 17.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You’ve remembered it wrong. Sorry mate if you want go back what his running stats were like, or what his team mates thought of his work rate.  

In fact: I’ve done it for you.  Today players average between 8-13kn per game. Beckham averaged over 14. In englands win over Greece he ran 17.

I must be then, what's your source? And what's his average compared to his peers?

The Ultimate Worrier

2 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

If I recall correctly he won over the notoriously hard to please Bernabéu crowd almost right away with his workrate. Even Zidane and the Brazilian Ronaldo got a bit stick from them at first.

He was then dropped, and told he'd never play for Madrid again, by Fabio Capello in his final season as he'd signed a pre-contract with LA Galaxy. There was no complaining, no running to the press just a lot of hard work in training to force his way back into the team. They went on a crazy run of results thereafter to pip Barça to the title.

4 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

If I recall correctly he won over the notoriously hard to please Bernabéu crowd almost right away with his workrate. Even Zidane and the Brazilian Ronaldo got a bit stick from them at first.

He was then dropped, and told he'd never play for Madrid again, by Fabio Capello in his final season as he'd signed a pre-contract with LA Galaxy. There was no complaining, no running to the press just a lot of hard work in training to force his way back into the team. They went on a crazy run of results thereafter to pip Barça to the title.

The guy was talking about his work off the ball, it's just not how I remember him. I don't swear to it, but my memories of him don't feature much in the way of track back and tackle.

I didn't pay massive attention to him but I lived in Salford when he was in his Utd pomp so I feel like I should have noticed.

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Beck's was shite right enough, only played for Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan and PSG. Only the 100 odd caps for England too. Anonymous off it though. 🤔 Must've been a fluke. 

Mate there's folk on these forums who think Messi is just hype :rofl:

You're up against it. People will watch Netflix's take on a player and have that as gospel without ever seeing a player play. 

Beckham was class, almost always rose to the occasion and always worked hard to perfect his qualities.

2 minutes ago, 151 said:

Mate there's folk on these forums who think Messi is just hype :rofl:

You're up against it. People will watch Netflix's take on a player and have that as gospel without ever seeing a player play. 

Beckham was class, almost always rose to the occasion and always worked hard to perfect his qualities.

Beck's was underrated if anything. 

41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

By whom?

The idea he was the GOAT dead ball player is just fantasy - he was a world class player, who worked hard throughout his careers - took dogs abuse and came up fighting.  GOAT I think not.

1 hour ago, briever said:

By whom?

The idea he was the GOAT dead ball player is just fantasy - he was a world class player, who worked hard throughout his careers - took dogs abuse and came up fighting.  GOAT I think not.

Nobody is saying he's the goat. :lol:

The Ultimate Worrier
2 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

The guy was talking about his work off the ball, it's just not how I remember him. I don't swear to it, but my memories of him don't feature much in the way of track back and tackle.

I didn't pay massive attention to him but I lived in Salford when he was in his Utd pomp so I feel like I should have noticed.

I was talking about his work off the ball too. 👍

16 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I was talking about his work off the ball too. 👍

Cool, I wouldn't claim to know much about the training ground side though. Having said that, my first year uni halls were right next to Man U's Cliff training ground. Saw **** all mind, but still...

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I must be then, what's your source? And what's his average compared to his peers?

Just google “David beckham workrate”  I then googled “ how far do players run” or something like that and compared myself.  Loads of sources. 

I also used to watch Utd more than most on account of free tickets once or twice a season through my dad’s job.

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just google “David beckham workrate”  I then googled “ how far do players run” or something like that and compared myself.  Loads of sources. 

I also used to watch Utd more than most on account of free tickets once or twice a season through my dad’s job.

I remember reading that Beckham on average ran 14km per game in his pomp at Man Utd. For perspective that's 1km more on average than the absolute top level players manage on average these days. Phenomenal team player. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

PSG, Real and Milan didn't buy him for his footballing ability. 

You’re correct.

PSG and Milan didn’t buy him at all.  👍

jamboinglasgow
8 hours ago, briever said:

By whom?

He is underrated by those who see him for his persona and brand rather than what he did on a pitch. As time has passed some have dismissed him as a decent player who built up a big brand around his name, his wife and image. I think some people just dont realise how he was one of the best players in the world and not just one of the biggest names in the world.

Scholes is the best player England have produced in the last 30 years. By far. He'd walk into any team in his prime.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Scholes is the best player England have produced in the last 30 years. By far. He'd walk into any team in his prime.

Yes

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A great player but who would you say was the best at International level in the major finals of tournaments in the  last 30 years.

The list is not so big at that level.

On 15/10/2023 at 15:45, Cruyff said:

Nobody is saying he's the goat. :lol:

An earlier poster said he was the GOAT dead ball player.

Edited by briever

On 15/10/2023 at 13:49, Cruyff said:

I didn't realise he was 32 when he moved to LA Galaxy, I thought he was younger when he did that as always had this feeling that he sort of didn't achieve as much in the game at the expense of joining the MLS for his own financial reasons - sweetheart deal to buy a franchise. 

At the point he left for America, he'd probably done everything in the game he wanted to. Played for Man Utd at the top of English football for over a decade and joined Real as a "Galactico" whilst earning copious amounts of England caps and silverware in between. Can't really blame him TBH. 

He probably doesn't get the same respect in the game as others that stayed at Man Utd virtually their whole careers. It would have been interesting to have seen what he might have done had he stayed put there. 

McGlynn The Money
On 15/10/2023 at 22:44, Morgan said:

You’re correct.

PSG and Milan didn’t buy him at all.  👍

😂👏

On 15/10/2023 at 22:54, jamboinglasgow said:

He is underrated by those who see him for his persona and brand rather than what he did on a pitch. As time has passed some have dismissed him as a decent player who built up a big brand around his name, his wife and image. I think some people just dont realise how he was one of the best players in the world and not just one of the biggest names in the world.

This is how I've always seen it, the guy was absolutely exceptional in his prime, genuinely world class & the only reason people won't admit/don't remember that is because they don't like him for his celebrity status & see him as a just a "pretty boy".

McGlynn The Money
On 14/10/2023 at 20:46, ShortmanRossco said:

Are you going to bump this thread every time a £103 million pound player has a good game? 

On 14/10/2023 at 21:10, ShortmanRossco said:

Another good game tonight from £103 million pound player Jude Bellingham.

8 hours ago, boag1874 said:

This is how I've always seen it, the guy was absolutely exceptional in his prime, genuinely world class & the only reason people won't admit/don't remember that is because they don't like him for his celebrity status & see him as a just a "pretty boy".

Great post.  👍

He was much more than a ‘celebrity’ and, who really cares if he was a ‘pretty boy’.?  I bet a lot of his haters would love to be a ‘pretty boy’ too!

He was fantastic for Real Madrid.

He’s probably also disliked because of his nationality.  How strange.  🤷🏿‍♂️

who held his face and tried to get a player booked when the contact was obviously minimal and to his chest. Embarrassing from a talented young player who needs to dump that crap from his game. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Pity about his disgraceful play acting, holding his face when he got a wee nudge on his chest.  Cheating *****, should get a ban for that but normal behaviour at Real Madrid / La Liga.

ShortmanRossco
1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Thanks for the update. Was more interested in watching the game that had the Hearts player playing in it so good to know.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Great post.  👍

He was much more than a ‘celebrity’ and, who really cares if he was a ‘pretty boy’.?  I bet a lot of his haters would love to be a ‘pretty boy’ too!

And sadly predictable that you are triggered and perpetually can’t seem to handle/grasp/accept why Scotland fans aren’t always fawning over English players!
It is possible to have healthy rivalry which isn’t about hatred. 
Rivalry. which you seem to accept wholeheartedly at club level. Could also argue that’s strange… opinions eh?!

And for what it’s worth, unfortunately I think England have had decent players- like beckham and seem to have a crop of impressive talent like Bellingham and co. Coming through now… Doesn’t mean I want them to win though 😆 😜 perhaps it’s me that’s triggered?🤔 

Ach well, I can live with that 👍

5 minutes ago, FJT said:

And for what it’s worth, unfortunately I think England have had decent players- like beckham and seem to have a crop of impressive talent like Bellingham and co. Coming through now… Doesn’t mean I want them to win though 😆 😜 perhaps it’s me that’s triggered?🤔 

Ach well, I can live with that 👍

Thankfully they still have a total loser as a manager, we are lucky he is there to hold them back.  They would’ve won a euro or world cup if they had a half decent manager in charge.

Also I don’t think england are as strong as they used to be.  Centre mid is a bit weak now and their CB partnership and goalkeeper aren't the best.

Long may southgate stay in charge and continue to pick his wee favourites that don’t play club football. 

Southgate seems like a nice enough fella, 😁but I’m not entirely convinced with the selections and way he has them playing either. Not making the most of what’s at their disposal imo. The games I’ve seen them recently, they’ve had the odd exciting flashes of world class skill from a handful of players, but overall there’s been lots of periods where they’ve seemed flat, a little vulnerable and slow. (could be a summary of our season so far to be fair 😜 alas by erasing the ‘world class’ bit from the paragraph though 😁

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Great post.  👍

That last bit is just part of football, if they play for a rival we’ll naturally not like them. Beckham I feel wasn’t truly appreciated by his own country either though apart from utd fans.

McGlynn The Money
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pity about his disgraceful play acting, holding his face when he got a wee nudge on his chest.  Cheating *****, should get a ban for that but normal behaviour at Real Madrid / La Liga.

Yes, that sort of behaviour is just Tosh. Joe Cole was comparing him with Messi but I suppose the main difference is Messi should know better at his age, Jude is still so young. We forget that with the maturity and sheer class of his performances.

9 hours ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Thanks for the update. Was more interested in watching the game that had the Hearts player playing in it so good to know.

Did you just watch the second half?

Also, it's cute that you two always reply together. You could almost be the same person.

I get the adulation for Bellingham who has the potential to be World class but comparisons with the likes of Lionel Messi are premature in the extreme.  

ShortmanRossco
2 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Yes, that sort of behaviour is just Tosh. Joe Cole was comparing him with Messi but I suppose the main difference is Messi should know better at his age, Jude is still so young. We forget that with the maturity and sheer class of his performances.

Did you just watch the second half?

Also, it's cute that you two always reply together. You could almost be the same person.

I did actually. I had 5 a sides so happy coincidence.

Also cute that you quoted me again a few days after I couldn't be arsed to reply to you. Did I rattle your cage? 

McGlynn The Money
12 hours ago, ShortmanRossco said:

51 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

I did actually. I had 5 a sides so happy coincidence.

Also cute that you quoted me again a few days after I couldn't be arsed to reply to you. Did I rattle your cage? 

From "Thanks for the update" to that foul mounted rant in your next post under this account. Is everything OK mate?

ShortmanRossco
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

From "Thanks for the update" to that foul mounted rant in your next post under this account. Is everything OK mate?

Relative to someone that premeditates waiting until Bellingham's next game to reinstigate a dead conversation? 

I think I'm doing fine mate, yeah.

McGlynn The Money
7 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Relative to someone that premeditates waiting until Bellingham's next game to reinstigate a dead conversation? 

I think I'm doing fine mate, yeah.

That coming from an account which hadn't posted for weeks but logged in on Saturday night just to have a wee moan about me posting about Bellingham? You also don't know what premeditate means.

Have you seen the Harry Kane thread? Someone has bumped that twice after much longer periods just to talk about an 86 million pounds player having a good game. Stay away from it, it will make you even angrier than you are already.

ShortmanRossco
7 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

That coming from an account which hadn't posted for weeks but logged in on Saturday night just to have a wee moan about me posting about Bellingham? You also don't know what premeditate means.

Have you seen the Harry Kane thread? Someone has bumped that twice after much longer periods just to talk about an 86 million pounds player having a good game. Stay away from it, it will make you even angrier than you are already.

So.....I have rattled your cage then?

I'm going to leave this here. Again.

You can have the last word. Again.

Don't bother quoting me out the blue. Again.

Edited by ShortmanRossco

McGlynn The Money
35 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

So.....I have rattled your cage then?

I'm going to leave this here. Again.

You can have the last word. Again.

Don't bother quoting me out the blue. Again.

That's all fine mate.

Maybe in future if you want to avoid a repeat it would be an idea not to post on a Saturday night, weeks after your last post from that account, to moan at somebody about something they posted on the Wednesday night, 20 or so posts back on the thread. It just undermines your credibility.

ShortmanRossco
8 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

That's all fine mate.

Maybe in future if you want to avoid a repeat it would be an idea not to post on a Saturday night, weeks after your last post from that account, to moan at somebody about something they posted on the Wednesday night, 20 or so posts back on the thread. It just undermines your credibility.

I would suggest as a poster that numerous people have stated as putting on ignore in other threads you are in no position to lecture about credibility.

I'll leave it at that.