Officials

Ricardo Quaresma

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

You could not make it up

Well, it's a big game for them, most of these refs will be in contention for the Cup Finals this season

I can't actually see this particular referee putting up with much from them, as well as us

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• jamboozy

• Deevers

• Jim_Duncan

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I generally find Collum and Beaton are very good when they dont have the Gruesome involved, then of course they have to observe protocol, mere mortals playing among themselves they are not rightly bothered, other than the event that someone may be in a strong position to challenge the cheeks.

This will be refereed fairly.

19 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I generally find Collum and Beaton are very good when they dont have the Gruesome involved, then of course they have to observe protocol, mere mortals playing among themselves they are not rightly bothered, other than the event that someone may be in a strong position to challenge the cheeks.

This will be refereed fairly.

Hm. Lets see how many dives are tolerated.  Even waving one of their players to their feet once is too many and happens multiple times each derby.  "Nice try, ya scamp, let's see if you can trick me next time".

And let's see how many fouls Newell is allowed compared to Cammy.

His waving diving hibs players to their feet with a wee smile, ALL while running backwards, is no easy task you know, let’s all cheer for the guy on Saturday.

Let’s not forget Mr Beaton, who, will, no doubt, get in on the act with a totally baffling decision on VAR , giving his mates in the office side splitting laughs. What a fellae!😏

9 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

His waving diving hibs players to their feet with a wee smile, ALL while running backwards, is no easy task you know, let’s all cheer for the guy on Saturday.

Let’s not forget Mr Beaton, who, will, no doubt, get in on the act with a totally baffling decision on VAR , giving his mates in the office side splitting laughs. What a fellae!😏

We twice had players booked domestically last season for diving outside the box - McKay and Grant.  Think I'm right saying that.  I actually don't recall any instances of a "waved up to his feet" inside or outside the box with any of our players.  Maybe when it's been a tussle type thing, but not a "yeah that was a dive" type one.

Hibs, it's literally every game inside and outside the box.  The epitomy was the 0-0 end of season game which had so much riding on it, we're holding on with 10 men and that McKirdy creature makes the most ridiculous dive you'll ever see, the commentators actually laugh.  Waved up, no yellow.  The guy tried blatantly to cheat.  Waved up, no yellow.

Was VAR in place for the Shanks red card??? - again a complete dive from Bushiri, not a single bit of contact and he was straight up on his feet as soon as the ref got the card out.

It can't continue to be allowed.  That on top of their thuggish play.

Conversely to the Shanks ove above, they had that scumbag Campbell with a blatant red card challenge AGAIN.  And it couldn't have been clearer.  Just gets a yellow.  2 mins later, Hanlon on a yellow already brings down our player on edge of the box as he's advancing, always a yellow, it's just automatic.  Nothing.

Hibs have such a cheek, even in jest, to say we're the establishment club and many of them truly believe refs are on our side.  All evidence, overwhelmingly in the last good number of season would show we've had to fight against them and the officials to maintain our grip over them.  Christ the season before with the penalties and red cards they avoided, again some of it through sheer blatant cheating (I mean, have you EVER seen a player go down holding his face after the ball has hit his TEAMMATE's arm?!?!? Mental!).

Collum will need to be all over them and their antics cos rest assured they'll be fully at it.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Hm. Lets see how many dives are tolerated.  Even waving one of their players to their feet once is too many and happens multiple times each derby.  "Nice try, ya scamp, let's see if you can trick me next time".

And let's see how many fouls Newell is allowed compared to Cammy.

That's something that happens in all games, one foul leads to a booking for a Hearts player, opposition players tend to get three or four before even being spoken to, double that if its an arse cheek 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

We twice had players booked domestically last season for diving outside the box - McKay and Grant.  Think I'm right saying that.  I actually don't recall any instances of a "waved up to his feet" inside or outside the box with any of our players.  Maybe when it's been a tussle type thing, but not a "yeah that was a dive" type one.

Hibs, it's literally every game inside and outside the box.  The epitomy was the 0-0 end of season game which had so much riding on it, we're holding on with 10 men and that McKirdy creature makes the most ridiculous dive you'll ever see, the commentators actually laugh.  Waved up, no yellow.  The guy tried blatantly to cheat.  Waved up, no yellow.

Was VAR in place for the Shanks red card??? - again a complete dive from Bushiri, not a single bit of contact and he was straight up on his feet as soon as the ref got the card out.

It can't continue to be allowed.  That on top of their thuggish play.

Conversely to the Shanks ove above, they had that scumbag Campbell with a blatant red card challenge AGAIN.  And it couldn't have been clearer.  Just gets a yellow.  2 mins later, Hanlon on a yellow already brings down our player on edge of the box as he's advancing, always a yellow, it's just automatic.  Nothing.

Hibs have such a cheek, even in jest, to say we're the establishment club and many of them truly believe refs are on our side.  All evidence, overwhelmingly in the last good number of season would show we've had to fight against them and the officials to maintain our grip over them.  Christ the season before with the penalties and red cards they avoided, again some of it through sheer blatant cheating (I mean, have you EVER seen a player go down holding his face after the ball has hit his TEAMMATE's arm?!?!? Mental!).

Collum will need to be all over them and their antics cos rest assured they'll be fully at it.

The thing that really got to me last season was the amount of players sent off while playing that lot! I do actually wonder if the referees talk to one another? They should have come to the conclusion ‘any of you guys wonder if we are getting the pish ripped out o’ us?’ 

I don’t think for one minute that Godfather Petrie had issued instructions, but I do think the ref’s were conned big time. I just wish they would wise up.

29 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

The thing that really got to me last season was the amount of players sent off while playing that lot! I do actually wonder if the referees talk to one another? They should have come to the conclusion ‘any of you guys wonder if we are getting the pish ripped out o’ us?’ 

I don’t think for one minute that Godfather Petrie had issued instructions, but I do think the ref’s were conned big time. I just wish they would wise up.

Oh absolutely.  The Petrie thing is silly.  There is institutional West Coast bias towards the evil two, with large flecks of fear and inbuilt self-protection both personally and professionally.

Hibs are simply cheats who get away with it, and had a real purple patch of getting away with it the last 2 seasons, frankly.  But we've seen in the derby this has been the case for years.  They point to one or two isolated incidents, but we've had over a decade of them hatcheting our players and diving all over the place.

What i would say in terms of bias is that image plays a part.  I try best I can not to be tooooo maroon tinted but there's no getting away from the fact of the two, we have the reputation of big strong herts and they are playing fitba the way it should be played.  Evidence on the park seems not to matter here.  That does seep in the concience of the referees, of course it does.  We're dealt with pretty harshly in general I think - have been since the VR days which were actually disgusting when it came to the refereeing against us.  Hibs more likely to get away with a foul here and there as it's them being cute, whereas we're being dirty.  These things DO matter, but impossible to prove, and it's not an edict from the SFA/SPFL*! It's simply the parochial nature of our game in Scotland.

(* though on this in the VR years, I have little doubt the SFA/SPL had our card marked for numerous reasons, it was too blatant to be otherwise... and on that note, do we now see a hangover from these days?  Perhaps a debate to be had there.  The fact is, Hibs are soft and cuddly and get away with being wee rogues, whereas we're seen as a threat.  Not a threat in that we could win the league or any silly shit like that, but we're the most likely to want to blow the lid of the cosy little setup everyone has, and are perhaps seen to be needed kept in our box...?)

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oh absolutely.  The Petrie thing is silly.  There is institutional West Coast bias towards the evil two, with large flecks of fear and inbuilt self-protection both personally and professionally.

Hibs are simply cheats who get away with it, and had a real purple patch of getting away with it the last 2 seasons, frankly.  But we've seen in the derby this has been the case for years.  They point to one or two isolated incidents, but we've had over a decade of them hatcheting our players and diving all over the place.

What i would say in terms of bias is that image plays a part.  I try best I can not to be tooooo maroon tinted but there's no getting away from the fact of the two, we have the reputation of big strong herts and they are playing fitba the way it should be played.  Evidence on the park seems not to matter here.  That does seep in the concience of the referees, of course it does.  We're dealt with pretty harshly in general I think - have been since the VR days which were actually disgusting when it came to the refereeing against us.  Hibs more likely to get away with a foul here and there as it's them being cute, whereas we're being dirty.  These things DO matter, but impossible to prove, and it's not an edict from the SFA/SPFL*! It's simply the parochial nature of our game in Scotland.

(* though on this in the VR years, I have little doubt the SFA/SPL had our card marked for numerous reasons, it was too blatant to be otherwise... and on that note, do we now see a hangover from these days?  Perhaps a debate to be had there.  The fact is, Hibs are soft and cuddly and get away with being wee rogues, whereas we're seen as a threat.  Not a threat in that we could win the league or any silly shit like that, but we're the most likely to want to blow the lid of the cosy little setup everyone has, and are perhaps seen to be needed kept in our box...?)

On paragraph 1 of your post Royston, I agree. Paragraph 2 , agreed. On paragraph 3 , I find it very interesting, in the context that I believe the SMSM foster this outlook and have done for many years. 
         On Paragraph 4, I believe that the powers that be are shit scared of what Hearts are going to become in years to come, and, as you say, they need to keep us in our box.

Just now, kevin_hmfc said:

Refs will get lots of things wrong. But so would ever Human in the middle 

Its never been about that. 

Honest mistakes, absolutely everyone one of us can accept. This issue is "honest mistakes" and the general weegie-centric culture within the refereeing structure. 

Its absolutely unjustifiable that Gavin Duncan is the only top flight referee not from the west coast. Its also absolutely unjustifiable that the last FIFA list referee not from the west coast was Callum Murray, who retired from the list in 2013. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its never been about that. 

Honest mistakes, absolutely everyone one of us can accept. This issue is "honest mistakes" and the general weegie-centric culture within the refereeing structure. 

Its absolutely unjustifiable that Gavin Duncan is the only top flight referee not from the west coast. Its also absolutely unjustifiable that the last FIFA list referee not from the west coast was Callum Murray, who retired from the list in 2013. 

I agree.

Get some English and Welsh guys in

2 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

I agree.

Get some English and Welsh guys in

I want parity with the appointments, we need to see more guys being promoted up from Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh - the fact that there are virtually none is an absolute disgrace. 

I think it would be entirely fair for the east coast clubs to highlight this and ask for Crawford Allans resignation. Martindale and I assume the rest of the clubs don't even bother contacting him to dispute decisions anymore because it is utterly pointless. 

The guy is a waste of space. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I want parity with the appointments, we need to see more guys being promoted up from Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh - the fact that there are virtually none is an absolute disgrace. 

I think it would be entirely fair for the east coast clubs to highlight this and ask for Crawford Allans resignation. Martindale and I assume the rest of the clubs don't even bother contacting him to dispute decisions anymore because it is utterly pointless. 

The guy is a waste of space. 

I'd go foreign but stay in the UK ..if that makes sense 

• 2 weeks later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nick Walsh for us on Sunday. Colin Steven of Craig Gordon injury/pen infamy is the VAR

One thing I noted on this weeks list, a whole new raft of 4th officials unleashed this week, a whole new set of incompetents soon to get a go, the positive, they cant be any worse

Horatio Caine

Makes little or no difference who we get.  They're all as bad as each other.  (Colin Steven's first reaction to Craig's obviously serious injury was to award a penalty. WTF?)

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Makes little or no difference who we get.  They're all as bad as each other.  (Colin Steven's first reaction to Craig's obviously serious injury was to award a penalty. WTF?)

That is the deal really.  I look expecting to be rattled by the name I see especially against the OF, but in truth these days I barely recognise the name but know he'll be the usual.  Only really Robertson, Beaton or Collum (against OF) give me particular sweats, the rest of the boobs in truth will probably be just as bad though.  Its resignation more than horror these days I guess.  Suppose you get used to prison food eventually, right?

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Nick Walsh for us on Sunday. Colin Steven of Craig Gordon injury/pen infamy is the VAR

One thing I noted on this weeks list, a whole new raft of 4th officials unleashed this week, a whole new set of incompetents soon to get a go, the positive, they cant be any worse

Oh cool, which part of Glasgow are they from?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Oh cool, which part of Glasgow are they from?

Alas, that nugget of information we shall never know, since they have stopped releasing such information, wonder why :lol:

42 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Alas, that nugget of information we shall never know, since they have stopped releasing such information, wonder why :lol:

Really should be public information. 

Not their address or where they live. Just the local refereeing body they belong to. 

It would be transparent which ultimately would be a good thing. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Really should be public information. 

Not their address or where they live. Just the local refereeing body they belong to. 

It would be transparent which ultimately would be a good thing. 

The SFA don't like transparency. Probably the main reason they didn't ask UEFA to let them hear the conversation between the referee and VAR in Spain. They couldn't ask UEFA for that and then refuse a member club the same access to their officials' conversation in future.

• 2 weeks later...
Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

David Munro for this one; he's actually OK, isn't he?

Screenshot_20231107-200036920(1).thumb.jpg.7f4921089691ebc89e597c9a6ad83e2a.jpg

Clancy, after his assist for Rangers 3rd against Dundee, rewarded with VAR against us.

Good to see his cheating being rewarded.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Clancy, after his assist for Rangers 3rd against Dundee, rewarded with VAR against us.

Good to see his cheating being rewarded.

Well, he wasn't obnoxious against Aberdeen as the on- field ref

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Jesus wept. Munro - yet another abject incompetent.

11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They’re all shite. 

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Screenshot_20240222-140356873(1).thumb.jpg.474ff00607c5b8e24308f4ed8410d597.jpg

I was expecting to see

VAR:    K Boyd

AVAR:  A Halliday

jambo-in-furness
12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Walsh is going to give us nowt. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but, I was hoping for Clancy after his performance the last time we visited the other erse cheek.

Ricardo Quaresma

Don't trust welsh, think he's a yes man to any influences

On VAR robertson too, hmm...

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Walsh is going to give us nowt. 

well, I think he will.....red cards for a start

BelgeJambo

Walsh and Robertson, what a ****ing combination.  It couldn’t get any worse 

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but, I was hoping for Clancy after his performance the last time we visited the other erse cheek.

He's genuinely the only halfways decent ref the SFA have. 

Collum turns it into a ****ing pantomime

Robertson couldn't hide his hatred of Neilson

Walsh is clearly the SFA golden child being groomed as the future "Best ref in Scotland" despite being utter mince 

Munro shouldn't be a referee, he's dangerously incompetent

Muir can't keep up with play

Beaton is clearly a hun

Its ****ing shambolic. Zero standards. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don't trust welsh, think he's a yes man to any influences

On VAR robertson too, hmm...

Oh, yes, walsh, so it is :jj_facepalm:

Ricardo Quaresma

Shanks sent off (First time ever?) by the guy on VAR

Kingsley had to 'thank' VAR to get a 2nd yellow overturned (Would that have been his 1st red?) by the same ref who's on 'duty' on Saturday

Both in big important games, hmm...

We cant win with ref choice in these games. They are either Rangers supporters or Celtic supporters trying to prove they arent biased against Rangers. There will be at least one decision that will be wtf.

Edited by jackal

15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Shanks sent off (First time ever?) by the guy on VAR

Kingsley had to 'thank' VAR to get a 2nd yellow overturned (Would that have been his 1st red?) by the same ref who's on 'duty' on Saturday

Both in big important games, hmm...

It’s becoming little short of a joke.  They don’t even try to hide where there partialities are these days. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

It’s becoming little short of a joke.  They don’t even try to hide where there partialities are these days. 

Well, at least they're under the microscope

Let's see how it pans out

We do keep our noses pretty clean these days