Officials

Ricardo Quaresma

On 13/09/2023 at 08:03, Deevers said:

I can’t remember Clancy ever having a decent performance at Tynecastle.  Maybe this will be a first for him. I’ll not be holding my breath though. 

Well exactly as per usual for him. Beginning to get the feeling he just does  not like us.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• jamboozy

• Deevers

• Jim_Duncan

On 13/09/2023 at 13:00, D4nny_ said:

I actually don't mind Clancy, he's normally a decent referee and is probably the best of a bad bunch.

Ignore this absolute clown :rofl:

I take back everything I said here :rofl: 

He always seems to find it easy to card Hearts players, but thinks twice about the opposition. Remember Celtic Park last season where he sent off Cochrane and Sibbick for 2 fairly gentle fouls.

Having said that, I was surprised he didn’t go for giving Haring a second yellow today.

Steven Naismith played a wise game substituting Haring, Boyce and Atkinson. Any one of them could have been given a second yellow.

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

Well exactly as per usual for him. Beginning to get the feeling he just does  not like us.

If someone like Clancy likes us, it’s time to shut the club down. 

Edited by Jim_Duncan

9 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

If someone like Clancy likes us, it’s time to shut the club down. 

Only looking for fairness and equality. - we got little or none of that yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Only looking for fairness and equality. - we got little or none of that yesterday. 

It’s one of the reasons I’ve started attending fewer matches: frustration with the refs and now VAR was driving me nuts. 

Clancy will always be the guy who was staring straight at the incident where Sean Clare had his back stamped on at Easter Road and did absolutely nothing about it.

A coward and a cheat.

StevenNaismith

The foul on Boyce by Rubezic, I can’t believe VAR didn’t ask him to look at it again. He’s off the ground and out of control. One of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen at Tynecastle.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 17/09/2023 at 09:47, leginten said:

Clancy will always be the guy who was staring straight at the incident where Sean Clare had his back stamped on at Easter Road and did absolutely nothing about it.

A coward and a cheat.

McNulty?

8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

McNulty?

That was it, he would be off with VAR now but ref seen it and done nothing. He is the worst ref in the league IMO, on Saturday every Hearts foul seemed to be a yellow card, the one for Kent was the most baffling yet he let Aberdeen off with fouling and no action. How Duk escaped a booking I don't know, one for his diving but he clattered through Atkinson after he had a tangle with him a few minutes before. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Walsh has improved I think, the clown on VAR is a concern. More than likely be frustrated by half time, but if you play well, they shouldn't matter in the end

9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

McNulty?

I think it was him. Hard to keep track of all the thugs and cheap-shot merchants employed by the hammer-throwers.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Any hand ball incidents by Killie will be ignored 😐

Sure he was VAR at home to killie, plus one other, I think that was last game, is that what you were referring to?

Edit: Dickinson last game

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Sure he was VAR at home to killie, plus one other

Probably was Ricardo, I’m just getting my excuses in early .:lol:

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Probably was Ricardo, I’m just getting my excuses in early .:lol:

3 out of 9 domestic games, both ignorant performances so far, aye 👍

-

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

3 out of 9 domestic games, both ignorant performances so far, aye 👍

-

Do you know if the VAR officials get marked on their performance RQ ? 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, jamboozy said:

Do you know if the VAR officials get marked on their performance RQ ? 

No idea, mate

Seems like they get a pat on the back, though, eh?

:lol:

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No idea, mate

Seems like they get a pat on the back, though, eh?

:lol:

:lol: Or a pint doon the lodge/Celtic supporters club.🍺

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

:lol: Or a pint doon the lodge/Celtic supporters club.🍺

No celtic left; we may be on to something :kirk:

Ricardo Quaresma
17 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Doesn't really matter who the ref is they are all pretty hopeless. We need to focus more on being able to pass the ball 5 yards.

They really are; I'm not sure there's a 'best of a bad bunch'

McLean, Clancy, Collum and Beaton are competent, the latter three have had dubious decisions quite frequently

Don't remember specific contraversy from McLean, though

Ricardo Quaresma
38 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Ra Ludge it is then! 😏🍺

Well, if true and if McLean's allegances are true, then surely penalty to Hearts and cards for killie :lol:

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Glasgow ref and Ayrshire ref on VAR.

Seems pretty neutral by GFA standards.

Like I wrote above, 3 times in 9, that's a bit off

Aitken on VAR

-

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Only in Scotland do you get this, its an absolute farce. 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It showed tonight, blind eye to anything in a blue n white shirt.

9 minutes ago, jim747 said:

It showed tonight, blind eye to anything in a blue n white shirt.

Aye, the goal came too late for him to do anything about the result.

Seemed to give them every 50/50.

Looked to me like Neuenhoff got wiped out after playing it forward but McLean ignored it.

Killie then got a free kick, messed it up and we scored the winner, happy days 😁

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Glad we won because I can moan about the fact that shoving a Hearts player in the back is not a foul. 

Any ref supervisor watching that tonight should recommend a down grading for McLean as this happened several times even in their own penalty area.  Once he even stopped a corner being taken and warned the Killie defender but as soon as he signalled for the corner to be taken it started again but no penalty.

periodictabledancer

The Hearts  counter attack which he stopped because a Hearts defender was injured. Called the Killie offender over - didn't even caution him ( which he could've done at any time when play comes to a halt).

Vassell committed numerous fouls and finally took a dive to win a foul. No caution.

Jambo in Bathgate
On 27/09/2023 at 01:04, periodictabledancer said:

The Hearts  counter attack which he stopped because a Hearts defender was injured. Called the Killie offender over - didn't even caution him ( which he could've done at any time when play comes to a halt).

Vassell committed numerous fouls and finally took a dive to win a foul. No caution.

VAR should have picked up the fouling of Shankland in the box at a corner. Wright was holding his shirt. Even mentioned in commentary. 

On 27/09/2023 at 00:35, JamboAl said:

Any ref supervisor watching that tonight should recommend a down grading for McLean as this happened several times even in their own penalty area.  Once he even stopped a corner being taken and warned the Killie defender but as soon as he signalled for the corner to be taken it started again but no penalty.

Classic example of the type of person a ref is. Happy to ‘warn’ players but then shits it when, ahem, push comes to shove. 

1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

VAR should have picked up the fouling of Shankland in the box at a corner. Wright was holding his shirt. Even mentioned in commentary. 

It’s becoming fairly obvious that VAR is now being used in a completely selective manner. Rangers first goal on Wednesday lays bare what’s going on.  Yet again the competence and integrity of officials called into question. 
Only here could they be given a tool to help them rectify incorrect important decisions and they totally screw it up.

Jambo in Bathgate
19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It’s becoming fairly obvious that VAR is now being used in a completely selective manner. Rangers first goal on Wednesday lays bare what’s going on.  Yet again the competence and integrity of officials called into question. 
Only here could they be given a tool to help them rectify incorrect important decisions and they totally screw it up.

I’m beginning to think that too!

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Deevers said:

More than a few on here pointed out VAR would only be as  good as the people operating it. Given we have the weakest, most biased, arguably the worst refs anywhere you can see the results. 

Refs and VAR needs to be done at arm's length from the GFA with zero tolerance for any weakness shown. 

In the the meantime, it's as you were. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Cheap as chips…

image.jpeg.ffc6e15e32683cbedaf1c8145c72975c.jpeg

OMG, Haring taking the p155 out of Dickinson

Hope he doesn't find out, silly move by Haring