***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Got a feeling Fraser will be a cracking signing, and we’ll look back at how underwhelming it seemed at the time due to the circumstances!

The new Danny Grainger.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pretty decisive as well to ditch Lowry for Fraser. No messing. 

Another difference is he seems genuinely happy to be here where it seemed Lowry was doing us the favour playing for us

Skacelsid

Welcome Scott. Hopefully turns out to be a good move for both parties. Another threat from deeper along with Dexter, sounds good to me.

Luckies1874
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Listening to him...I like him. And trust me, I hate almost everything and almost everyone. I tell you here, he is going to be a top signing for us.

:laugh:

Made me laugh! 

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

Because he’s being replaced by much better players.

Well we don't actually know that do we?

Of course on paper Dhanda looks a much better option for the CAM role than Grant, but Grant is starting to perform really well now that he's been given an extended chance and he's not so coincidentally started to establish himself in the team right at a time when our form has hit a season high.

As for Fraser, who's to say he'll even be here next season? Even if we do sign him permanently, we've yet to even see him play for us and there's nothing explicit to suggest he's better than Grant given he has never played at a higher level than League One down south. Grant has.

This place would be so much better if people stopped presenting their own opinions as indisputable facts.

We don't know the future. 

Lone Striker

How much longer does Fraser have on his Charlton contract ?   If being close to Dundee is his main reason for being back in Scotland, he (and his wife) may not want to relocate down south  - seems sensible to keep tabs on his situation and  do some sweet-talking with Charlton for either another loan or outright purchase in the summer.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

How much longer does Fraser have on his Charlton contract ?   If being close to Dundee is his main reason for being back in Scotland, he (and his wife) may not want to relocate down south  - seems sensible to keep tabs on his situation and  do some sweet-talking with Charlton for either another loan or outright purchase in the summer.

One more year. Sounds like he has a young family and been commuting to London 

Pete Elliott
11 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Well we don't actually know that do we?

Of course on paper Dhanda looks a much better option for the CAM role than Grant, but Grant is starting to perform really well now that he's been given an extended chance and he's not so coincidentally started to establish himself in the team right at a time when our form has hit a season high.

As for Fraser, who's to say he'll even be here next season? Even if we do sign him permanently, we've yet to even see him play for us and there's nothing explicit to suggest he's better than Grant given he has never played at a higher level than League One down south. Grant has.

This place would be so much better if people stopped presenting their own opinions as indisputable facts.

We don't know the future. 

Think you’re significantly over-egging the role he’s played in our recent run. He’s probably played in leas than half of them.

Grant still has a lot to prove for me. Was outstanding at Celtic Park and scored a great penalty against Dundee but yet to see consistent performances from him that would make me disappointed to see him go. Too slow to be a number 8 and not creative enough to be a 10.

Seems a good lad though so hope he goes on to have a decent career.

Edited by Pete Elliott

Daveandal

As others have said Fraser spoke very well. Clearly intelligent and down to earth.

Welcome to Hearts.

18 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

The biggest downside is that I think Dexter is going to be the next Ellis Simms -- a loanee who does very well for us but whom we fail to keep around.

Wolves rate Dexter so highly there has never been a chance he comes to us permanently. He'll be in their 1st team squad next year (unless his loan ends disastrously by injury or sudden loss of form and I really doubt that. He's got big matches for Jamaica coming up in the CONCACAF Nations League equivalent so will be keen to keep his place in the International team.

30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Listening to him...I like him. And trust me, I hate almost everything and almost everyone. I tell you here, he is going to be a top signing for us.

Id blamed the storm when that pig flew by earlier!!

35 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's probably been done to death already so apologies if I'm resurrecting an argument that's died a death since yesterday, but I'd also read that Naismith had been unhappy with Devlin because of lack of tactical/positional discipline, I.e. Devlin would go pressing, chasing, harrying in places and at times when he shouldn't be.  I can see how that could have produced something of a falling out if Devlin wasn't totally receptive to Naismith's view on his performances, but if they're both reasonably adult and professional, there's no reason why they couldn't put it behind them and get on with it, and if Naismith has played him afterwards against Killie and publicly praised his contribution, I'd say that suggests they've both done just that!

One thing that has seemed to be a key feature of Naismith's management so far has been an apparent desire to not just use the players he's got, but also develop and improve them, and I strongly suspect when Devlin's back fully fit, we'll see him get plenty of game time as long as he can show that bit more tactical discipline in his play.  And with Halliday gone and, I expect, Haring away in the summer, I think Devlin will still be here and featuring a lot next season!

Had heard that rumour as well, probably on here. 

I like Cammy and hope any differences can be worked out. Naismith has consistently said he has a good squad and doesn’t want to make big changes. For that reason  I think he’ll stay. Even in the 5 games where he was dropped he featured off the bench in 4 of them. I’m sure he’ll be in the managers plans. 

cosanostra
5 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Van Veen is on a sizeable wage, I'm not sure it would be very good business to take on a high earner to sit on the bench.

If Shankland goes, that's a different story.

What do you make of Penrice / Phillips links? Think they seem likely to progress?

7 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Wolves rate Dexter so highly there has never been a chance he comes to us permanently. He'll be in their 1st team squad next year (unless his loan ends disastrously by injury or sudden loss of form and I really doubt that. He's got big matches for Jamaica coming up in the CONCACAF Nations League equivalent so will be keen to keep his place in the International team.

Yup unfortunately agree. Think he'll be a 6 monther. You never know, maybe an outside chance of another loan but heehaw chance we'll get a Cochrane type scenario imo.

26 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.  His interview sounded like he's genuinely happy to be here and raring to go.    Like you, I get the feeling this guy will surprise us with his energy and overall contribution to the team/squad

Its been a brilliant transfer window, regardless of the Shanks situation.  If he signs the improved contract, that  would be the absolute icing on the cake.

I'm not so sure I’d call it a brilliant window, well certainly not yet, we’ve brought in two loans and got a pre contract signed. That’s it. For me we’ve temporarily solved the right back issue but will no doubt be looking again come the summer. We’ve still got a problem up front if anything happens with Shankland. Maybe more to come tomorrow. 

Not trying to be negative we’re going in the right direction, have a load of players to come back and Naismith is looking a very good appointment. But a brilliant window I wouldn’t go that far.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Contract up at the end of this season according to trnsfrmkt. 

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

that’s the contract with us. It’s June 2025 with Charlton

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Pete Elliott
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

that’s the contract with us. It’s June 2005 with Charlton

image.gif.3e00ed649aa364bf6d41fbeef31dddd9.gif

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thats very good news (if accurate) 👍.  

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Sorry, too slow! I’d already corrected it🙂

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

that’s the contract with us. It’s June 2005 with Charlton

Heard we are looking to sign Clive Mendonca on a free from them as well.

augusthearts
40 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

The new Danny Grainger.

A great player. Didn't expect much when he first signed but turned out to be a fan player for us.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

that’s the contract with us. It’s June 2025 with Charlton

You are correct. 👍

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Thats very good news (if accurate) 👍.  

It's not - see above. 🥸

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's not - see above. 🥸

:levein2:   Ach well,  his domestic reason for being back in Scotland may work in our favour - maybe able to buy him for a knock-down fee  this summer ? 

Watt-Zeefuik
15 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

QUICK SOMEONE CALL VLAD RIGHT NOW AND CONVINCE HIM NOT TO FIRE BURLEY!!!!

12 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

:laugh2:

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Talks well in the interview and clearly wants to move up here permanently to be with his family so will be going all out to sign here

The fact we’ve been interested for a year certainly sounds like the plan could well be to try and make permanent. 

On Penrice, Martindale saying the only deal he's interested in listening to is a small fee & loaned back for the rest of the season.

I know we only have so much to spend, but it might be a good plan. Secure him now, gives us to the end of the season with Cochrane and he joins in the summer. I assume by small fee, he's talking like £50k or something... 

Seemed desperate for a CB too. Wonder if Sibbick going there on loan might be worthwhile, he's not getting minutes and it could be a perfect shop window for 6 months. Blackpool were wanting him for £800k. I'm sure we'd happily take around that now... Rowles to come back & Neilson back in the summer. 

26 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Probably a good chance of that happening at the time, given that he retired in February 2002 :whistling:

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

On Penrice, Martindale saying the only deal he's interested in listening to is a small fee & loaned back for the rest of the season.

I know we only have so much to spend, but it might be a good plan. Secure him now, gives us to the end of the season with Cochrane and he joins in the summer. I assume by small fee, he's talking like £50k or something... 

Seemed desperate for a CB too. Wonder if Sibbick going there on loan might be worthwhile, he's not getting minutes and it could be a perfect shop window for 6 months. Blackpool were wanting him for £800k. I'm sure we'd happily take around that now... Rowles to come back & Neilson back in the summer. 

That doesn’t make sense, he’s out of contract in the summer so we can simply secure him on a pre-contract.

Scott Leitch
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Why would we pay for a player out of contract in the summer if we are going to loan him back? Makes no sense. 

Just now, Swanny17 said:

That doesn’t make sense, he’s out of contract in the summer so we can simply secure him on a pre-contract.

I think Martindale is suggesting that Livi wouldn't be difficult to deal with provided the player is loaned back - small fee rather than what County are doing with Dhanda. 

Benny Klack
56 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Think you’re significantly over-egging the role he’s played in our recent run. He’s probably played in leas than half of them.

Grant still has a lot to prove for me. Was outstanding at Celtic Park and scored a great penalty against Dundee but yet to see consistent performances from him that would make me disappointed to see him go. Too slow to be a number 8 and not creative enough to be a 10.

Seems a good lad though so hope he goes on to have a decent career.

Personally think Grant is very decent and Naismith will bring out even more in him. Best Hearts player on the park v Aberdeen for me.

And his penalty was against Aberdeen and not Dundee 😛

Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Why would we pay for a player out of contract in the summer if we are going to loan him back? Makes no sense. 

Because there are likely to be other clubs interested in him. Martindale is basically saying give us something, loan him back and we won't be arsey about it. 

I get where you're coming from though. Livi kind of desperate at this point. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I think Martindale is suggesting that Livi wouldn't be difficult to deal with provided the player is loaned back - small fee rather than what County are doing with Dhanda. 

I’ll bet they wouldn’t be difficult to deal with. They’d be getting money for nothing! 

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

The new Danny Grainger.

Loved Danny Grainger!! 😍 

21 minutes ago, OTT said:

Because there are likely to be other clubs interested in him. Martindale is basically saying give us something, loan him back and we won't be arsey about it. 

I get where you're coming from though. Livi kind of desperate at this point. 

This is a bit puzzling. Hard to see what Hearts would stand to gain here. We’d be paying a fee in order for a player to remain at his current club until the end of the season, when we could sign him for nothing anyway? Once his contract expires, it’s irrelevant whether Livi would be difficult to deal with or not.

Aussie Jambo

Got to be happy with Fraser? These boys are starting to gel. He will give extra dynamics to the front.  That has to be it done now? 30 minutes to go. 

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

This is a bit puzzling. Hard to see what Hearts would stand to gain here. We’d be paying a fee in order for a player to remain at his current club until the end of the season, when we could sign him for nothing anyway? Once his contract expires, it’s irrelevant whether Livi would be difficult to deal with or not.

Yeah TBF a few folk have pointed that out, with him being in pre-contract territory now, its not like we'd be beating out any competition. Time to do that was probably last summer. 

Shite suggestion on my part :lol: 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am happy enough with the window. The squad looks stronger and big enough to cover for injuries and keep everyone on their toes to keep a place in the team. Shanks and Cochrane still here for the rest of the season at least and time to identify replacements for them if required for next season. Now let's finish this season on a huge high!

DalryJambo
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

With the emergence of Tait and Denholm, the addition of Fraser and Dhanda the midfield and out attacking options now look very strong.  I also look forward to Finlay Pollock getting in amongst it as I think if he can stay fit he’s a top top player.

if Beni doesn’t sign Phillips would be a good addition, as would penrice if we could get him though I suspect that would mean we’d be looking to sell Cochrane in the Summer.

Van Veen would be the cherry on the cake.

The squad is however very big againa massive fan of Pete but feels like time is up, wish that guy nothing but the best.  Tagawa it feels like it just isn’t going to work out.  And Sibbick also feels like he won’t get too much game time.  

I think if the club are trying to develop the player trading concept we're going to need to carry a slightly bigger squad. The concept works best when you can sell a player and have a ready made replacement in your squad. I think this means you can't really have too tight a squad.

You're maybe looking at a starter (next to be sold), a backup (one to step in when the starter is sold) and a youth/prospect to fill in as the backup if either are injured or sold. In that mix there could be players out on loan or in the B team.

It's exciting to see this level of planning falling into place at the club. As others have said if Cochrane is sold we'd have reasonable cover. Like wise with Rowles, Devlin and Beni.

I guess the question is will we be able to sell any of them and then start to increase the level of investment we can afford to reinvest in the squad on a regular basis.

8 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Got to be happy with Fraser? These boys are starting to gel. He will give extra dynamics to the front.  That has to be it done now? 30 minutes to go. 

Window closes tomorrow night.

Aussie Jambo
8 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Window closes tomorrow night.

Does it? Oops. It’s already 1st Feb over here if that’s any consolation. 🤷‍♂️

Good stuff. Time for more surprises?

jamborich
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why do you hate everything you are one strange individual however do agree think he will be a top signing 

29 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

So Dhanda aint signed owt yet then?

He's signed a pre-contract agreement to join the club in the summer. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***