*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Thread***

TexasAndy

29 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Killie didn’t park the bus, they were the only team that looked like winning. 

They absolutely did park the bus, but I reckon they were surprised how easy it was to get the ball from us and get forward. At no point did they come out their shape, they were happy with the draw that’s exactly what they came for.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

51 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They absolutely did park the bus, but I reckon they were surprised how easy it was to get the ball from us and get forward. At no point did they come out their shape, they were happy with the draw that’s exactly what they came for.

Our shape is hendecagon all facing a different direction!

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You know what. 

Brush off the negativity tomorrow, get behind the team, through a very busy tricky spell, get 3 points and kick on when the games are once a week.

Far too much moping, be positive and get on with it 

You just know there will be the usual halfwits booing if Rowles is named in the team, or after the first stray pass.  We probably need a quick goal.

GorgieFifeLife
54 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

No that’s not what they came for.  Teams know how to play us.  Get everyone behind the ball as we have little ability to play through teams and when it inevitably breaks down they hit us on the counter.  Teams see us as an easy touch now.  We were lucky to get a draw against them.

GorgieFifeLife
3 hours ago, FJT said:

Latest time to put tickets on TE usually 4 hours before kick off , but someone said earlier that they’ve heard it’s not going to be used for this game 🤷🏻‍♀️

“Someone said earlier”  is what we are left with these days.  Where is the communication from the club?  Let people know if they are opening the exchange and if not why not.  Just wait until tomorrow and see the hundreds of empty seats.

4 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

No that’s not what they came for.  Teams know how to play us.  Get everyone behind the ball as we have little ability to play through teams and when it inevitably breaks down they hit us on the counter.  Teams see us as an easy touch now.  We were lucky to get a draw against them.

That’s Pretty much what I said earlier in the thread. Killie and most other teams will happily take a draw at Tynecastle, if they get more it’ll be a bonus. They know if they stay compact we’ll struggle to break them down. However if the management change our approach that should change, that said without a midfield it’ll be difficult to change much. Get us playing with intensity and a high tempo we’ll give ourselves more of a chance. Slow and laboured we’ll see draws and narrow defeats all over the place. 

Although I’m actually more hopeful for tomorrow Motherwell might just open up a bit more on us and we can maybe get Boyce on the ball more.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You just know there will be the usual halfwits booing if Rowles is named in the team, or after the first stray pass.  We probably need a quick goal.

Will help the mood. Too early though to get radge.

Stick by them this month and get through this spell 

16 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

If he plays and scores I reckon a few might spontaneously combust with the turmoil the confusion causes.

6 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

If he plays and scores I reckon a few might spontaneously combust with the turmoil the confusion causes.

That happened last season with Ginnelly with halfwits near me.

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

That happened last season with Ginnelly with halfwits near me.

Ginnelly loved give it the giruy when he scored for us. 😄

lost in space

If they play as the previous few games - I will boo them off at HT.

I always cheer them on at start and sing OUR song - won't be doing that.

These charlatans have not shown enough effort to earn my support.  Anybody who shows support for non-tries are rather pathetic.

Another chance to get back near the top at this early stage of the season , real chance of the other two games finishing as draws.

No fecking about anything other than a win and we are in trouble , and real questions will need to be asked about the set up at Hearts 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Spot on, delighted with a point, all they wanted

2 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Absolute fear we will see Rowles in middle of defence, Cochrane in midfield, Oda (please Lowry) on wing and Tagawa anywhere.

Could be right

We have aninjury doubt in defence for tomorrow 

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Could be right

We have aninjury doubt in defence for tomorrow 

Kingsley must be struggling after the fall on Thursday. Think I’ll about turn if I see Sibbick play in the middle of the park again. Hasn’t worked and won’t work as he is lost in there. 

25 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Rowells with a sudden 'thigh strain' tonight perhaps. 

Picked up in training…?

No

one of our more recent additions

yes

only a doubt at this time

Vague I know

10 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not bad except did you not see Kingsley play CB last season?  No danger, he’s even worse than Rowles there!

Tbf last season Kingsley had a hard time off field that clearly affected his game. 

8 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sibbick should be replacing Rowles. 

We spend enough time moaning about square pegs in round holes to start playing a LB at CB.

Not hugely interested in the relatively unimportant matter of what foot a centre half would prefer to kick the ball with. Rowles hasn’t been good lately and we need to play someone else alongside Kent. Sibbick or Kingsley. Don’t care which as both are better than Rowles on current form. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Not sure what game you watched but it wasn’t the same one I did.  Killie should have won, they will be disappointed they only got a point.  They have a good record at Tynie but that was as easy a game as they’ve had there - we never had them under any pressure and only one shot on target (that nobody can even remember).

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

Tbf last season Kingsley had a hard time off field that clearly affected his game. 

Maybe but he’s just not a CB in a back 4.

17 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Hope it’s not Kent 🤦🏻

If it’s Kent god help us with our defence the day he’s the only one capable of doing any defending. If he’s out fear we will need to score 3 or 4 to win.

16 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sibbick should be replacing Rowles. 

We spend enough time moaning about square pegs in round holes to start playing a LB at CB.

Given they have a 6’3” fifteen stone striker, I’d definitely go with Sibbick. 

Heading is not his key strength, but he doesn’t get bullied on the ground in the same way as Kye does atm. 

9 hours ago, lost in space said:

These charlatans have not shown enough effort to earn my support.  Anybody who shows support for non-tries are rather pathetic.

:rofl:  Aye, let's go to the game and not support them. 👍

alicante jambo

Out of europe now. Just not good enough at that level but hopefully the boys can put on a show for us today. Hopefully they have had a kick up the arse after the dundee game that was a disgrace but were a different animal at tynie. A loss and i reckon the fans will start turning on the team and management. Mon the jts im going 3 _ 1. Lawrence with 2 and tagawa to get on the scoresheet. This is a game lowry can rule.

Shooter McGavin

We really need to bounce back today, which I think we will, or the bad atmosphere around the place is only going to get worse.

Any win will do.

14 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

:rofl:  Aye, let's go to the game and not support them. 👍

Hoi! He’s been practicing his booing all close season.😐 😀

seriously, I would take any win today, just get us into the international break, then we re-group. I will be in my seat, singing our club anthem and applauding the players onto the pitch.

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

seriously, I would take any win today, just get us into the international break, then we re-group. I will be in my seat, singing our club anthem and applauding the players onto the pitch.

Exactly how im feeling. 3 points will be magic. Wee break for us then we go again with a bit of confidence. Mon the jts

Just now, alicante jambo said:

Exactly how im feeling. 3 points will be magic. Wee break for us then we go again with a bit of confidence. Mon the jts

👏👍

I think the defensive injury doubt will be Kingsley. Taken off on Thursday and, might be nonsense, but I'm at the Oriam and someone who had seen him this morning said he didn't look good to go.

10 hours ago, lost in space said:

Anyone booing is a tube..........indifference makes a better point, silence would be more powerful and meaningful!

13 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

10 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I've heard that the ultras will be turning their back as the team enter the pitch to show solidarity with lost in space. Boo Hearts......

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

I've heard that the ultras will be turning their back as the team enter the pitch to show solidarity with lost in space. Boo Hearts......

Pmsl. One thing for sure i will be roaring the boys on. Its a big 3 points they need all the backing we can give them. We look short on confidencea few players anyway. They get that back and we go again after the break.

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Pmsl. One thing for sure i will be roaring the boys on. Its a big 3 points they need all the backing we can give them. We look short on confidencea few players anyway. They get that back and we go again after the break.

An admirable stance but it'll never catch on. Might try it myself today and see how it goes. 👍🇵🇪

4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Kingsley must be struggling after the fall on Thursday. Think I’ll about turn if I see Sibbick play in the middle of the park again. Hasn’t worked and won’t work as he is lost in there. 

yeah , that and Cochrane in midfield and Rowles starting . Think I’ll just head back to the Tinie arms.

2-0 Hearts. We are doing this

Edited by 1971fozzy

Booing is for kids at a panto.

at dens , full time there was a grown man flailing around at the front going insanely tonto toward the players and a guy behind me booing full pelt repeatedly (again on his own) like someone possessed, purple in the face. 
I get that they’re disappointed, angry even, but they just made absolute fuds of themselves imo. 🤪

Fozzyonthefence
7 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Spot on, delighted with a point, all they wanted

Doesn’t sound like their manager was delighted with a point but was happy they were the better team.   Still, I guess we should believe you rather than a successful manager who seems to know what he’s doing.

IMG_0506.jpeg

lost in space
7 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Maybe if we try something completely new and push forward into attack from the start - showing energy, inventiveness and a desire to win, I may go crazy and actually applaud.

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Maybe if we try something completely new and push forward into attack from the start - showing energy, inventiveness and a desire to win, I may go crazy and actually applaud.

Fingers crossed. 🤞