Tired, tired, tired of underachieving shite - hotels, hospitality & nice stadium

Craigieboy

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip and I've addressed each point. 

3rd and 4th isn't underachievement. It's our level.

And I fail to see what is wrong with hospitality, a hotel  and a nice stadium. 

Do we want a shite stadium,  crap hospitality and no money from a hotel?

My question was aimed at the other poster, totally agree with you.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Kennyfragg13

• cazzyy

• jack D and coke

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

My question was aimed at the other poster, totally agree with you.

Fair doos.

Every season is the same,it’s like groundhog day ,we want 3rd place and win a cup ,it getting really boring now,sad to say in my opinion we are going no where been a fan owned club,we need a big investor it’s quite embarrassing really we can’t buy a million pound plus player, there has to be a reputable business person out there to take us forward ,like a red bull  for example.

36 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Every season is the same,it’s like groundhog day ,we want 3rd place and win a cup ,it getting really boring now,sad to say in my opinion we are going no where been a fan owned club,we need a big investor it’s quite embarrassing really we can’t buy a million pound plus player, there has to be a reputable business person out there to take us forward ,like a red bull  for example.

:cornette_dog:

2 hours ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it" Churchill.

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Do you happy to scrap it out for 3rd place for ever more?.

Bazzas right boot

Aye, there must be.

4 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Do you happy to scrap it out for 3rd place for ever more?.

Of course not. But the way do it is not to sell out to a "business person". We've been there.

Edited by Wilson

HeartsandonlyHearts

Wait, what?

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Of course not. But the way do it is not to sell out to a "business man". We've been there.

Yes I know but was it better players we had?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Do you happy to scrap it out for 3rd place for ever ?

Happy is irrelevant. 

3rd place, some European football and the odd cup win- that's about as good as it gets given the current circumstances. 

Being happy or unhappy irrelevant.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95210ku588n3ckvg5nzp9

If you have a minimum target of winning a cup then its time you found something else to do with your time.

We have won 3 cups in 70 years yet you EXPECT us to win a cup.  Unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Players we couldn't afford. 

We need to find the right person ,sure James Anderson could point us in right direction

9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Players we couldn't afford. 

Wonder if Chelsea fans are worried how much money abramhovic and bohley have spent.

28 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

You agree?

Not at all, one of the brilliant things about being fan owned is that the club is kept out of the control of arseholes with very little or no affiliation or affection for the club, like the Romanovs and Red Bulls of this world.

Just now, cazzyy said:

Not at all, one of the brilliant things about being fan owned is that the club is kept out of the control of arseholes with very little or no affiliation or affection for the club, like the Romanovs and Red Bulls of this world.

Any successfull fan owned clubs around the world?.

Just now, Kennyfragg13 said:

Any successfull fan owned clubs around the world?.

Define successful.

Clubs being fan owned is a relatively new concept, it will become more the norm in time.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, cazzyy said:

Define successful.

Clubs being fan owned is a relatively new concept, it will become more the norm in time.

Only below a certain level 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, cazzyy said:

Define successful.

Define success?

Success for us is 3rd place.

We aren't ever dislodging Celtic or Rangers in the current circumstances.

Nobody wants to waste £100m on us.

Folk need to wise up and face reality.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Only below a certain level 

Fan owned clubs usually come about because some rich owner has got fed up and allowed the club to sink. Happened to us.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Define success?

Success for us is 3rd place.

We aren't ever dislodging Celtic or Rangers in the current circumstances.

Nobody wants to waste £100m on us.

Folk need to wise up and face reality.

Yes, I really wanted his version of success tbh.

He might not like it but as a fan owned club Hearts are enjoying relative success, could do better right enough.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, cazzyy said:

Yes, I really wanted his version of success tbh.

He might not like it but as a fan owned club Hearts are enjoying relative success, could do better right enough.

Yip.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Fan owned clubs usually come about because some rich owner has got fed up and allowed the club to sink. Happened to us.

Yeah but that’s not happening in any major country with any major club. Even in the English Championship, some clubs are valued at £100m plus. Ain’t no fans group raising that

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yeah but that’s not happening in any major country with any major club. Even in the English Championship, some clubs are valued at £100m plus. Ain’t no fans group raising that

Agreed but there's a hell of a lot more clubs not at that level that might become fan owned to make it more the norm which is kind of what I meant.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

Agreed but there's a hell of a lot more clubs not at that level that might become fan owned to make it more the norm which is kind of what I meant.

You’re right but still to be demonstrated that it’s a model which generates success.

Probably a model which generates stability and tbf, that’s not a bad thing. But also not the same thing.

3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Like conference teams in England you mean or Scottish part time teams.?

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’re right but still to be demonstrated that it’s a model which generates success.

Probably a model which generates stability and tbf, that’s not a bad thing. But also not the same thing.

Stability is success for some clubs, certainly in Scotland it is.

3 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Like conference teams in England you mean or Scottish part time teams.?

No that's not what I meant as those clubs maybe don't have a big enough fan base to make it work. 

Teams like Hearts is what I meant.

Italian Lambretta

The other option could be switching the setup to the German model of governance whereby the fans still retain 51 percent of the club but we bring in large investors for the other 49 percent.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

The other option could be switching the setup to the German model of governance whereby the fans still retain 51 percent of the club but we bring in large investors for the other 49 percent.

The idea of Scottish football having the wit to do that is laughable (no offence to you because you’re right)

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ain't no businessman or woman putting £100m plus into Hearts either. 

3 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Why not Celtic and rangers do

2 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Why not Celtic and rangers do

If you cant see the difference between Hearts and the ugly sisters then I can't help you.

Just now, HoGwash said:

If you cant see the difference between Hearts and the ugly sisters then I can't help you.

Well is there no potential to grow to a 40k team if successful?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

No, although Hearts aren’t worth anything like that 

5 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Will you change your username to Kennyfragg14 on your birthday?

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it as farce”

Karl Marx 

4 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Will you change your username to Kennyfragg14 on your birthday?

Was your keyboard sticky when you typed yours?.

The main point, as always, is that we’re not far away from having a very good team that can challenge for trophies. We do have players that are not good enough and should have been moved on or at least dropped out of the squad like Forrest, Halliday, Rowles & Grant. These 4 wouldn’t be missed from the squad and if Joe Savage could work a bit harder finding players to come in like a left sided centre back like Kent, 2 midfielders, and a right back that was as good or better than Smith. Not an impossible job as far as I’m concerned. Now Oda, Cochrane, Sibbick, Baningime, McKay, Atkinson, Tarawa, Lowry, Offiah really have to get up to speed quick because playing the odd good game just doesn’t cut it because every one of these guys could become first team regulars like Kent, Kingsley, Devlin, Shankland, & Haring. My message to these players would be to make it impossible for the Boss to leave them out.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

You're into your 10th season of FM aren't you?

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Aye, they'll be lining up to throw money at us and not own us.

Great investment opportunity.