Tired, tired, tired of underachieving shite - hotels, hospitality & nice stadium

Craigieboy

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Imaman said:

As far as I can assess we have failed to invest in the footballing side of he Club. The infrastructure is stable but the focus and investment needs to be put into the footballing side. Because ultimately that is where our revenue will come from and not swanky 6 course meals and fine wines. The Board needs to refocus to our on the park endeavours and back that focus with wise investment in decent players. 

We invest loads in the footballing side. 
We just can’t tap into the the markets that would elevate us from utter diddy to pish poor. 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Kennyfragg13

• cazzyy

• jack D and coke

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We've finished 3rd and 4th in the last two seasons,  no idea why folk think that's shite.

We're on for our most consistent consecutive league season finishes in 50 years.

Some Folks expectations/ ambition are just that far detached from reality that any defeat now sends some folk into a spin.

No resilience and far too quick to turn on our own, look at the Savage thread, the personal abuse is vile at one of our own. He's not alone tho.

However,  the OP makes some valid points, our failure to recruit a commanding CH last season cost us and now our midfield although loaded with quantity,  quality is lacking.

And injured, may I add.

It feels like we're at the glass ceiling of whats possible until there's either serious investment in staff/recruitment. 

Us, Aberdeen & Hibs have all started spending money again, but it's pretty obvious on European stage the talent ain't there and more importantly we're all being coached by novices.

After watching Aberdeen game, Hacken are a club about half the size of Hearts but looked absolutely light years ahead of us tonight. 

Squad full of mediocre, lazy, gutless players. Very limited by speed, skill, passing ability. Midfield quickly becoming a disaster.........what could possibly go wrong?

This cite never helped.  The amount of people the that voted fir Naismith.  Idiots.  Untried and win 2 games in 6. Off there nut. 

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

At what point in your life following Hearts have we got it right? we’ve won 3 cups in my puff. It’s pitiful stuff. 
Not being wide in any way btw. 
Sack Savage and McAvoy and Forrest and spend loads getting who? Who’s coming to Hearts to finish 3rd at best? 
You have to spend to get a good manager. He wants to spend to get better players. 
It’s not happening. 

The potential is there for Hearts to be something big and special at least for a few years, as a support we are probably too loyal and accepting of mediocre.  We should be going away to places like Dundee and dominating from minute one with resources we have. 

But all I hear is 'oh yeah, we've been pish away from home forever its nothing new blah'.

Just takes a one strong appointment to change the culture of a club.  I remember a few years back there was rumours of Moyes - he'd been dumped by West Ham, no one really looking him - he is type of appointment that could have elevated the club to a new level.

At the minute though I can only feel we give off the impression as a small wee family club who enjoy the odd European trip and don't worry if you don't win away from home.

Rick Sanchez
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

At what point in your life following Hearts have we got it right? we’ve won 3 cups in my puff. It’s pitiful stuff. 
Sack Savage and McAvoy and Forrest and spend loads getting who? Who’s coming to Hearts to finish 3rd at best? 
You have to spend to get a good manager. He wants to spend to get better players. 
It’s not happening. 

Burley? 

I genuinely have no idea but I'm sure we could have a better structure and manager with the combined wages of Savage, McAvoy, Forrest and Naismith.

You're right though, a Wilder would want a 10k+ a week central midfielder no doubt. 

You're all good mate, used to enjoy Ghost Recon back in the 360 days with you 😃

Can't disagree with much at all in the OP. Said to my equally disappointed brothers earlier, simply no point in becoming emotionally invested in this Hearts setup. They aren't at all serious about making us successful so why should we bother our collective arses as well as routinely giving them more money to waste on their vanity projects and utterly shite recruitment processes. The lineup tonight was a compete and utter disgrace for this stage of their 'project' given what was at stake. £5 million quid or thereabouts. No matter, the stupid as **** Hearts support will give us their hard earned anyway. ****ing Sibbick and Cochrane in midfield. Laughable. Shambolic. Embarrassing. And taking the piss out of our entire fanbase.

These people are total charlatans when it comes to what should be the most important part of our club, the Men's 1st team. Yet here we are, into another season with them at the helm, a deplorable managerial farce yet again and a completely underwhelming squad lacking in quality and ability. No ambition to bring in a real manager and just as little desire to make significant investment in the mediocre squad that we continue to roll out. The whole thing stinks to high heaven. A completely unserious football club. 

Edited by Luckies1874

3 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

I suppose this is my point though - how are Kilmarnock having a great start like that? St Mirren also? These are really tiny clubs compared to Hearts.

I don’t have the answers but I think it may be linked to our mediocre management recruitment. 

A wee bit of irony in your op when you said you reached a really low point while watching us in a cup final. Maybe just me that thinks so I suppose.

Have you seen the league table? Kilmarnock are below us despite their "great start".

Scott Leitch
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We've finished 3rd and 4th in the last two seasons,  no idea why folk think that's shite.

We're on for our most consistent consecutive league season finishes in 50 years.

Some Folks expectations/ ambition are just that far detached from reality that any defeat now sends some folk into a spin.

No resilience and far too quick to turn on our own, look at the Savage thread, the personal abuse is vile at one of our own. He's not alone tho.

However,  the OP makes some valid points, our failure to recruit a commanding CH last season cost us and now our midfield although loaded with quantity,  quality is lacking.

Personal abuse. From a person who was having a go at someone with mental health issues. 

I get some of the back to back finishes compare well to previous seasons but that just highlights how much we were underachieving.

We have everything in place off the park in a financially stable sense for the first time in my lifetime but is that reflected on the park?

If you're being honest about the last 2 seasons, we finished 3rd and 4th in a piss poor league and against catastrophically bad Aberdeen and Hibs sides. Would also argue the 3rd place was inflated by how good Craig Gordon was that season.

Our style of play and away form has been consistently chronic and our recruitment very mixed.

We have unprecedented backing financially and from the fans (FoH, season tickets, phenomenal away support) and we're nowhere near overachieving or showing signs of progression.

The academy, player trading model, players improving with good coaching; don't think you can point to any of those and go, yeah we're excelling there.

There's a hint of frustration and probably unrealistic expectation in the above pish but it just feels like we're not where we should be as a club on the park and that's what irks so many I guess.

Hectormasson
34 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We invest loads in the footballing side. 
We just can’t tap into the the markets that would elevate us from utter diddy to pish poor. 

brilliantly put👏👏👏

Cameronstheman

Mad thought , have a £5 million plan with recruitment, if it work's we get it back in Europe

If its an epic fail, start all over again 

Sorry to many beers 

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, Homme said:

Comes down to management I'm afraid.

We had the chance to install a manager befitting of how the club had grown over the past few years. Someone who players want to come to the club and play for, someone to raise the playing profile of the club.

We appointed our B team manager and his assistant who I'd never heard of.

Who was that?

Byyy The Light
45 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

The potential is there for Hearts to be something big and special at least for a few years, as a support we are probably too loyal and accepting of mediocre.  We should be going away to places like Dundee and dominating from minute one with resources we have. 

But all I hear is 'oh yeah, we've been pish away from home forever its nothing new blah'.

Just takes a one strong appointment to change the culture of a club.  I remember a few years back there was rumours of Moyes - he'd been dumped by West Ham, no one really looking him - he is type of appointment that could have elevated the club to a new level.

At the minute though I can only feel we give off the impression as a small wee family club who enjoy the odd European trip and don't worry if you don't win away from home.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

David Moyes at Hearts. 

4 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

This isn’t a knee jerk after tonight’s result. That was fully expected.

I think I reached a really low point at the Rangers cup final. Just resigned that this is how things are and I don’t see any sign of it changing. I see nothing this season to change my mind.

I admire the Hearts support more than any other. We’re just so dedicated & unswervingly loyal. The FOH money, ST uptake and sell out hospitality being up there with examples of the £££££’s we’re all pumping in. We have increased our revenue significantly and are a properly stable club financially. 

We were handed a gift of a start to the league season but out of 3 games we’ve collected 4 points out of 9. It’s abysmal. I really feel for the fans travelling to away games now. It’s abject shite on the park. We are doing all the right things off the pitch and we have award winning and admirable projects all over the place. A fancy hotel that will bring in yet more increased revenue. No doubt we will see glossy Twitter videos and all sorts of fancy awards for that too.

Yet, we’re shite. You can’t keep just saying “but other teams have improved.” We have a huge budget by comparison. And, nothing to show for any of it, year upon year.

Fed up.

PS - well done to all you Hearts fans that have travelled away and supported the team. That’s pure dedication.

Well put, about sums things up for me.

Appoint the best possible coaching team we can afford.

It's that simple.

However, we haven't done that for a decade.

Instead, the safe as houses board have kept appointing tried and trusted friends, who will have no effect on their positions.

Heart of Midlothian are a boat that can't be rocked.

We're going nowhere until the powerful in that boardroom have gone.

Tbf, we are very nice.

Probably the nicest we've been in my time. 🤪

Geoff Kilpatrick

For folk to claim we haven't "invested" in the team is nuts. We have "invested" but those "investments" have shown little in the way of return.

Unless we see an improvement in those "investments" in the short-term, those in charge of making the "investments" and developing the "investments" should no longer be in position.

I think the coaching regime might change now we're out of Europe. Naismith will stand on his own and that's the time to judge him. I think Savage's honeymoon period is now long over. We're the best funded club by a mile, outside of the OF, and we have very little to show for it. The football side of things sits with the DoF, and it might just be time for a change.

It's frustrating to me that we don't have even the basics right. We struggle to string a few passes together. Looking at PAOK, they take 1 touch to get the ball under control then pass it forward. We take 2 or 3 touches to bring the ball under control then the easy passing opportunity is gone. Then it usually gets passed across the back with no purpose. Pointless!

Everyone could see we needed another centre half, right back and attacking/creative midfielder. Kent has been a good addition and Offiah looks like he will be as well. He needs to be our permanent RB over Atkinson. 

It's still really frustrating that we've not addressed the midfield issue. How many seasons has that been now?? When was the last decent attacking/creative central midfielder we had???

3 hours ago, Imaman said:

As far as I can assess we have failed to invest in the footballing side of he Club. The infrastructure is stable but the focus and investment needs to be put into the footballing side. Because ultimately that is where our revenue will come from and not swanky 6 course meals and fine wines. The Board needs to refocus to our on the park endeavours and back that focus with wise investment in decent players. 

So oda and tigawa and Vargas are failures you may be right but ffs give them time 

8 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

This isn’t a knee jerk after tonight’s result. That was fully expected.

I think I reached a really low point at the Rangers cup final. Just resigned that this is how things are and I don’t see any sign of it changing. I see nothing this season to change my mind.

I admire the Hearts support more than any other. We’re just so dedicated & unswervingly loyal. The FOH money, ST uptake and sell out hospitality being up there with examples of the £££££’s we’re all pumping in. We have increased our revenue significantly and are a properly stable club financially. 

We were handed a gift of a start to the league season but out of 3 games we’ve collected 4 points out of 9. It’s abysmal. I really feel for the fans travelling to away games now. It’s abject shite on the park. We are doing all the right things off the pitch and we have award winning and admirable projects all over the place. A fancy hotel that will bring in yet more increased revenue. No doubt we will see glossy Twitter videos and all sorts of fancy awards for that too.

Yet, we’re shite. You can’t keep just saying “but other teams have improved.” We have a huge budget by comparison. And, nothing to show for any of it, year upon year.

Fed up.

PS - well done to all you Hearts fans that have travelled away and supported the team. That’s pure dedication.

Very good post, and pretty much where I am at.   Shit football, but hey, we have an award winning restaurant.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

For folk to claim we haven't "invested" in the team is nuts. We have "invested" but those "investments" have shown little in the way of return.

Unless we see an improvement in those "investments" in the short-term, those in charge of making the "investments" and developing the "investments" should no longer be in position.

Well put G. For me recruitment has been our biggest downfall despite significant investment. Not just in Savage's time but prior to that also.

6 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Thats where I'm at sadly. Not sure if it's an age thing (43 this year) but can think of better things to do than watch shit, turgid football all winter long. I said to my daughter tonight that I dont think I’ll bother renewing our season tickets for next season. Don't know what's sadder...that I feel like that only a few games in, or the fact that my 8yr old (who should be part of next gen of fans) isn't bothered in the slightest either. 

Most things are relative. But at your age, I’d suggest you haven’t experienced real disappointment.

Too young to understand the magnitude of events in 1986, but old enough to experience and appreciate the first of three SFA Cup wins from the age of eighteen or so.

Some of us were raised on a diet of high expectations in the wake of the club’s rolling successes in the 1950s/early 1960s.

However, we were to be severely disabused of the idea that Hearts could be consistently successful, by the club’s mismanagement and consequent on-field failures.
Bear in mind, it took until the early 1980s for things to improve.

Even when Romanov arrived and brought in players that could take us to the “next level”, he contrived to sabotage his own project and probably denied us more trophies.

So, believe me when I say we’re in a better position now than we’ve been in many periods in the club’s history. 
Things are disappointing at the moment for sure, but I’d urge you (and your daughter!) to keep the faith.

6 hours ago, johnking123 said:

This cite never helped.  The amount of people the that voted fir Naismith.  Idiots.  Untried and win 2 games in 6. Off there nut. 

To be fair folk wanted Naismith for his drive & for the standards he expects. I doubt many would have voted for the charade we currently have. 

Leveins Battalion
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Can't disagree with much at all in the OP. Said to my equally disappointed brothers earlier, simply no point in becoming emotionally invested in this Hearts setup. They aren't at all serious about making us successful so why should we bother our collective arses as well as routinely giving them more money to waste on their vanity projects and utterly shite recruitment processes. The lineup tonight was a compete and utter disgrace for this stage of their 'project' given what was at stake. £5 million quid or thereabouts. No matter, the stupid as **** Hearts support will give us their hard earned anyway. ****ing Sibbick and Cochrane in midfield. Laughable. Shambolic. Embarrassing. And taking the piss out of our entire fanbase.

These people are total charlatans when it comes to what should be the most important part of our club, the Men's 1st team. Yet here we are, into another season with them at the helm, a deplorable managerial farce yet again and a completely underwhelming squad lacking in quality and ability. No ambition to bring in a real manager and just as little desire to make significant investment in the mediocre squad that we continue to roll out. The whole thing stinks to high heaven. A completely unserious football club. 

Couldn't of put it better myself.

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we have a huge budget in comparison to the rest of the league (not really) But you are raging that we lost to a team with 3 times the budget of us and we shouldn’t stand for it 🤣🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No being funny mate but they beat us 5-1 on agg and we gave them 4 of those goals free of charge because our players and our managers couldn't do the basics. The same basics that cost us points v Dundee. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

A centre half and a left back playing in midfield sums it up ! Totally incompetent management team which no surprise when the board don't go and get a proper manager 

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Moneyball recruitment.

We're bringing in players with 'good stats'.

Sadly they cannot defend, make a 5 yard pass and appear to have the heart of a mouse. 

It's not worked.

It's time to remove those involved. 

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we have a huge budget in comparison to the rest of the league (not really) But you are raging that we lost to a team with 3 times the budget of us and we shouldn’t stand for it 🤣🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Not sure if you’re serious. 

I clearly stated at the beginning of the post that it has nothing to do with last nights result. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Doesn't seem like the Internet following has much love for the club to me, all I read is abuse, moaning about everything and general disgruntlement. It's always been that way on social media.

The club by offering better accessible facilities have tapped into a market that was always there, I wouldn't be giving credit to supporters for that. The FOH contributions is a labour of love though and the ones that have contributed from day one and don't miss a month are proper supporters. 

The turmoil on here has been enjoyable since last night though, same old faces who chucked in the towel years ago, picking up the towel and hoying it back I again.

Game Sunday, can't wait  👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s not happening. 

Remarkable how aligned we are, though Canada dry with my JD

10 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It’s a pretty balanced post mate and some really good points.

absolutely spot on that hearts fans are so of the most loyal fans you’ll come across. Pumped tons of money in, and still are and yet it’s not being reciprocated by the players and football on display. 

a gift run of fixtures and couldn’t break down Killie at home nor even come away with a point at dens park. Totally unacceptable. After the Dundee game I genuinely felt myself becoming detached from wanting to be near anything hearts related. 

totally flat and totally done spending energy time and money to watch my club

im feeling this way too.  On the train after Dundee game I was genuinely pig sick. Another away game that was utterly abysmal.  I’m not going to bother with St Mirren or Ross County. Coming from the Borders it’s too much money and time to invest when it’s a shitshow. 
looking ahead to Sunday and it’s giving me the fear. We simply must win or the place will quickly turn. 
most (especially away fans) are teetering I think 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Not sure if you’re serious. 

I clearly stated at the beginning of the post that it has nothing to do with last nights result. 🤷🏽‍♂️

fair enough. Apologies if I mis interpreted. So many people seemed so surprised last night. 

kingantti1874
49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No being funny mate but they beat us 5-1 on agg and we gave them 4 of those goals free of charge because our players and our managers couldn't do the basics. The same basics that cost us points v Dundee. 

Agree mate. I still think that’s down to the level or player and manager we can actually attract.

look at Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs. All of us the same .  Aberdeen and Hibs especially shop in the same bargain bin as we do hoping to find a gem every now and then. 

I get the anger, my point is it’s pointless to blame individuals when the real root cause is lack of resource and an unattractive league. 

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Appoint the best possible coaching team we can afford.

It's that simple.

However, we haven't done that for a decade.

Instead, the safe as houses board have kept appointing tried and trusted friends, who will have no effect on their positions.

Heart of Midlothian are a boat that can't be rocked.

We're going nowhere until the powerful in that boardroom have gone.

Tbf, we are very nice.

Probably the nicest we've been in my time. 🤪

In reality, with the exception of a brief stint with Stendel, we haven’t really gone outside the club for management positions  in 10 years. Ok Neilson’s return was from United but it felt like he was one of us at the time and Cathro was a short-lived experiment and again it was almost like he was one of Leveins boys.  Locke, Neilson, Levein, Neilson, Naismith - it’s almost a closed shop.  Looks like we are frightened to hire a manager we don’t know well and have seen them at work every day for a while. 
Pretty bizarre that it’s gone on for so long and it shows in performances and results - no fresh blood or ideas.  Same old, same old every time 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, soonbe110 said:

In reality, with the exception of a brief stint with Stendel, we haven’t really gone outside the club for management positions  in 10 years. Ok Neilson’s return was from United but it felt like he was one of us at the time and Cathro was a short-lived experiment and again it was almost like he was one of Leveins boys.  Locke, Neilson, Levein, Neilson, Naismith - it’s almost a closed shop.  Looks like we are frightened to hire a manager we don’t know well and have seen them at work every day for a while. 
Pretty bizarre that it’s gone on for so long and it shows in performances and results - no fresh blood or ideas.  Same old, same old every time 

Exactly. It's why I didn't want Naismith even though it took one game for everyone to be sold on him.

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Most things are relative. But at your age, I’d suggest you haven’t experienced real disappointment.

Too young to understand the magnitude of events in 1986, but old enough to experience and appreciate the first of three SFA Cup wins from the age of eighteen or so.

Some of us were raised on a diet of high expectations in the wake of the club’s rolling successes in the 1950s/early 1960s.

However, we were to be severely disabused of the idea that Hearts could be consistently successful, by the club’s mismanagement and consequent on-field failures.
Bear in mind, it took until the early 1980s for things to improve.

Even when Romanov arrived and brought in players that could take us to the “next level”, he contrived to sabotage his own project and probably denied us more trophies.

So, believe me when I say we’re in a better position now than we’ve been in many periods in the club’s history. 
Things are disappointing at the moment for sure, but I’d urge you (and your daughter!) to keep the faith.

Fair points, especially on the 86 thing. Thankfully, I don't really have any memories of that as I was only 5

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree mate. I still think that’s down to the level or player and manager we can actually attract.

look at Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs. All of us the same .  Aberdeen and Hibs especially shop in the same bargain bin as we do hoping to find a gem every now and then. 

I get the anger, my point is it’s pointless to blame individuals when the real root cause is lack of resource and an unattractive league. 

How does that explain Sundays result or team selection? 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How does that explain Sundays result or team selection? 

it’s wasn’t good enough, I agree.  We clearly tried to rotate which we shouldn’t have, we clearly have injuries we are trying to manage around.   

I want this McEvoy nonsense corrected, the change in the way we are playing form the end of last season leads me to believe that he has more influence than id want. E.g who have we suddenly stopped the press? Suddenly stopped leaving players up at corners? 

Naismith without any shadow of doubt should be the front man and if not 3rd after the first round of fixtures I’ll sharpen the pitch fork.

we will still lose to Dundee every now and then.  Same way that rangers and Celtic both lost to Killie .  Difference between a 50k player and a 200k player is very big 

Edited by kingantti1874

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

David Moyes would never come to Hearts. Have you any idea the wages he’ll be on? You’d have to back him with big signings and big wages it’s not happening. 
I remember seeing some folk on here not wanting him too. Our fans are hilarious and are not based on reality. 
Im sorry man but no big appointment is coming. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s wasn’t good enough, I agree.  We clearly tried to rotate which we shouldn’t have, we clearly have injuries we are trying to manage around.   

I want this McEvoy nonsense corrected, the change in the way we are playing form the end of last season leads me to believe that he has more influence than id want. E.g who have we suddenly stopped the press? Suddenly stopped leaving players up at corners? 

Naismith without any shadow of doubt should be the front man and if not 3rd after the first round of fixtures I’ll sharpen the pitch fork.

we will still lose to Dundee every now and then.  Same way that rangers and Celtic both lost to Killie .  Difference between a 50k player and a 200k player is very big 

dead right. presume you meant to write difference between a 50k and 200k player ISN'T very big.

its the difference between £300k players and £3m players which counts.

we will and always have done put in bafflingly shite performances against "crap" teams - regardless of who our chairman / board / manager / coaches are.

lets see how naimsith does over the course of a few months as opposed to a few games this season.

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Burley? 

I genuinely have no idea but I'm sure we could have a better structure and manager with the combined wages of Savage, McAvoy, Forrest and Naismith.

You're right though, a Wilder would want a 10k+ a week central midfielder no doubt. 

You're all good mate, used to enjoy Ghost Recon back in the 360 days with you 😃

Burley certainly and Vlad but no one is going to throw that money at Hearts again😕We got 2 cups and champions league spot and was closest we’ve ever been to us actually getting close to the OF. 
:lol: I loved the old GR’s what was you ganertag on that?

Edited by jack D and coke

9 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

100% spot on. There really needs to be a mind shift from the Hearts support. 

Since administration we have never really made use of the fact that we have one of the largest budgets in the country.

You can’t expect to be 3rd every year if you haven’t actually shown you are capable of the top 4 over a consistent period.

Im not sure Naismith is the answer, but I also don’t believe the fans are ever going to have the patience or perspective to allow the club to reach our potential over time.

As an example, Hearts have 1 back to back 3rd place since the 1960s. Yes we are the third biggest club in the country, but we are not yet a club that you can realistically expect to finish 3rd every season, and knee jerking week to week, month to month and even season to season isn’t going to change that.

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Remarkable how aligned we are, though Canada dry with my JD

I haven’t ever tired that. Might grab some on way home tonight and sample. 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

dead right. presume you meant to write difference between a 50k and 200k player ISN'T very big.

its the difference between £300k players and £3m players which counts.

we will and always have done put in bafflingly shite performances against "crap" teams - regardless of who our chairman / board / manager / coaches are.

lets see how naimsith does over the course of a few months as opposed to a few games this season.

Yep.  Thanks for spotting the typo.  We seem to be suffering form a collective sense of delusion that we are signing good players.  

For me , resolve this McEvoy pish and if we are playing be same way in 3 months then I’ll sharpen the knives.

Edited by kingantti1874

9 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Last point is spot on.  Just don’t understand it.  Everyone, including the tv pundits made this  point yet nothing happened.  Dont think  this can be put on Mrs Budge but I’d love to know what our management team think about this and why it wasn’t addressed.

11 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Good original post. I’m more annoyed after all the chat a year ago about how the European money would set us up and strengthen the squad going forward. We are weaker than this time Last year. 

I'm with you on this. We're at the stage where European football should be a given, preferably from 3rd place. Last year's learning journey and money hasn't borne fruit apparently. More worrying is that we still don't have a crop of youngsters coming through. Relying on aging journeymen and punts from Australia will not a settled, strong team make. Our current management set-up is also less than ideal. I'd be looking for one experienced manager to  take us forward. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep.  Thanks for spotting the typo.  We seem to be suffering form a collective sense of delusion that we are signing good players.  

For me , resolve this McEvoy pish and if we are playing be same way in 3 months then I’ll sharpen the knives.

I think we just need to see a run of games against players of a similar / slightly less standard. As I've alluded to before, a decent run of winning / going undefeated and all these "bad things" about the club disappear into the ether again.

I'd be surprised if the three biggest spending teams outwith the uglies aren't vying for 3 / 4 /5th again by the end of this season. Out of us. the sheep and hobos we're currently the highest in the league.