Tired, tired, tired of underachieving shite - hotels, hospitality & nice stadium

Craigieboy

This isn’t a knee jerk after tonight’s result. That was fully expected.

I think I reached a really low point at the Rangers cup final. Just resigned that this is how things are and I don’t see any sign of it changing. I see nothing this season to change my mind.

I admire the Hearts support more than any other. We’re just so dedicated & unswervingly loyal. The FOH money, ST uptake and sell out hospitality being up there with examples of the £££££’s we’re all pumping in. We have increased our revenue significantly and are a properly stable club financially. 

We were handed a gift of a start to the league season but out of 3 games we’ve collected 4 points out of 9. It’s abysmal. I really feel for the fans travelling to away games now. It’s abject shite on the park. We are doing all the right things off the pitch and we have award winning and admirable projects all over the place. A fancy hotel that will bring in yet more increased revenue. No doubt we will see glossy Twitter videos and all sorts of fancy awards for that too.

Yet, we’re shite. You can’t keep just saying “but other teams have improved.” We have a huge budget by comparison. And, nothing to show for any of it, year upon year.

Fed up.

PS - well done to all you Hearts fans that have travelled away and supported the team. That’s pure dedication.

Edited by Craigieboy

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Kennyfragg13

• cazzyy

• jack D and coke

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Craigieboy said:

I think I reached a really low point at the Rangers cup final. Just resigned that this is how things are and I don’t see any sign of it changing. I see nothing this season to change my mind.

I admire the Hearts support more than any other. We’re just so dedicated & unswervingly loyal. The FOH money, ST uptake and sell out hospitality being up there with examples of the £££££’s we’re all pumping in. We have increased our revenue significantly and are a properly stable club financially. 

We were handed a gift of a start to the league season but out of 3 games we’ve collected 4 points out of 9. It’s abysmal. I really feel for the fans travelling to away games now. It’s abject shite on the park. We are doing all the right things off the pitch and we have award winning and admirable projects all over the place. A fancy hotel that will bring in yet more increased revenue. No doubt we will see glossy Twitter videos and all sorts of fancy awards for that too.

Yet, we’re shite. You can’t keep just saying “but other teams have improved.” We have a huge budget by comparison. And, nothing to show for any of it, year upon year.

Fed up.

PS - well done to all you Hearts fans that have travelled away and supported the team. That’s pure dedication.

It’s a pretty balanced post mate and some really good points.

absolutely spot on that hearts fans are so of the most loyal fans you’ll come across. Pumped tons of money in, and still are and yet it’s not being reciprocated by the players and football on display. 

a gift run of fixtures and couldn’t break down Killie at home nor even come away with a point at dens park. Totally unacceptable. After the Dundee game I genuinely felt myself becoming detached from wanting to be near anything hearts related. 

totally flat and totally done spending energy time and money to watch my club

August Landmesser

Good OP, but it could be argued that looking at Killies season so far, 0-0 wasn't a calamity.

Losing in Dundee was *** awful though. 

In danger of another season of mediocrity and underachievement 

7 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Fed up.

Spot on, it’s absolutely soul destroying how poor a team we are on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Good OP, but it could be argued that looking at Killies season so far, 0-0 wasn't a calamity.

Losing in Dundee was *** awful though. 

In danger of another season of mediocrity and underachievement 

I suppose this is my point though - how are Kilmarnock having a great start like that? St Mirren also? These are really tiny clubs compared to Hearts.

I don’t have the answers but I think it may be linked to our mediocre management recruitment. 

brunoatemyhamster

If I could see change, or even an attempt to change the football side, Id be reasonably happy, but this has been constant since Robbie left in the first place. 

Groundhog day. 

Things look good from the outside, but under the bonnet? Pfft 

Good original post. I’m more annoyed after all the chat a year ago about how the European money would set us up and strengthen the squad going forward. We are weaker than this time Last year. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
13 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Fed up.

It's mission well and truly failed fir savage now Im afraid. 

Naismith, mcavoy and savage will all have to go now. 

6 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

If I could see change, or even an attempt to change the football side, Id be reasonably happy, but this has been constant since Robbie left in the first place. 

Groundhog day. 

Things look good from the outside, but under the bonnet? Pfft 

I agree.

I actually think the culture at Hearts among those running the club is very much ‘take the easy option.’

I’d heard that we were looking to appoint a really decent coach from down south and I was excited as the merry go round of appointing Scottish managers who are stuck in the mindset of shitting the bed at the sight of the OF is clearly an issue.

Then we appointed SN. I like him but he’s been a very lazy and neglectful appointment I think.

Edited by Craigieboy

Go out and appoint  the best possible manager we can get in our budget. A good manager makes all the difference. Forget about them needing to have any links to the club or apponting an experiemnt. It's almost 20 years since we last did this.

12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Good original post. I’m more annoyed after all the chat a year ago about how the European money would set us up and strengthen the squad going forward. We are weaker than this time Last year. 

Yup, this.

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Spot on.

9 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Fed up.

Very good summary of being a Jambo, peaks and troughs, ups and downs. My own journey started in 68 when we were shite in the league but going great in the cup. After beating Dundee Utd, Rangers in replay with 44,000 inside Tynie, Morton in the semi we were certainties to beat Dunfermline in the final, we lost 3-1. Of course we have since had 3 cup wins (peaks) but many disappointing troughs along the way. Your right about modern day Jambos level of dedication though, the level of support is amazing and when you add the FOH pledges to the equation, they do deserve so much better. 

Captain Sausage

Great post and I completely agree. This massive sense of apathy just grows when you see how poor our footballing side of things is. 

So many things right. But it’s like the board forget that we are a football club first. 

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

So many things right. But it’s like the board forget that we are a football club first. 

This was said years ago and I defended them saying that we need to get the finances right before expecting anything big.

That was nearly a decade ago.

Gordon Ramsay
36 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Fed up.

Feel the same. 

Comes down to management I'm afraid.

We had the chance to install a manager befitting of how the club had grown over the past few years. Someone who players want to come to the club and play for, someone to raise the playing profile of the club.

We appointed our B team manager and his assistant who I'd never heard of.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

We appointed our B team manager and his assistant who I'd never heard of.

This was the masterplan that Levein sold to Budge at the outset. Levein has gone but his legacy remains.

Never-mind, Liam Fox next 🤦‍♂️

colinmorewasgash

We have in majority the best fans in scotland and we deserve better. Like every owner chairperson etc there comes a shelf life and changes are needed from top to bottom but Ive thought that for a while even after 3rd and cup final we just sat back and gave up. We have this rep as big physical hearts but can't say I see that in our game for a while nowadays soft as putty from board to pitch. Bullied by hammerthrowers in our league or outplayed esp away by teams with far smaller budgets. Will we finish 3rd no chance. I said 5th last season we finished 4th just. If hibs get decent manager and sheep kp spending 5th wd be best although currently mwell and stmirren if robinson stays and isnt hibs choice could end up above us 

Bazzas right boot

We've finished 3rd and 4th in the last two seasons,  no idea why folk think that's shite.

We're on for our most consistent consecutive league season finishes in 50 years.

Some Folks expectations/ ambition are just that far detached from reality that any defeat now sends some folk into a spin.

No resilience and far too quick to turn on our own, look at the Savage thread, the personal abuse is vile at one of our own. He's not alone tho.

However,  the OP makes some valid points, our failure to recruit a commanding CH last season cost us and now our midfield although loaded with quantity,  quality is lacking.

What has the hotel etc got to do with the price of cheese. These things are for the clubs future, just incase you are not aware a future we almost lost. 

2nd point underachievement don’t tell anyone and perhaps keep it to yourself on Facebook but we are actually doing quite well in the league compared to our history in the last 30 years. 

I am not pleased with the current setup I grant you that but this hotel, hospitality, underachieving stuff is just nonsense. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Fed up.

If the sevco cup final was your low point as a Hearts fan then you are a very lucky person 

Ministryofdad

I said this on another thread. 

Main focus needs to be the 1st team. 

Only missing bit is the most vital piece. 

the posh bit

I agree.

I actually think the culture at Hearts among those running the club is very much ‘take the easy option.’

I’d heard that we were looking to appoint a really decent coach from down south and I was excited as the merry go round of appointing Scottish managers who are stuck in the mindset of shitting the bed at the sight of the OF is clearly an issue.

Then we appointed SN. I like him but he’s been a very lazy and neglectful appointment I think.

There's also this infuriating thing we do almost every season. Sign players late, have awful pre seasons, sign free agents in September, hit a few results and say the squad is gelling, couple of long term injuries late Autumn, struggle through the December fixture list and 'look to strengthen in January.' It's tiresome. 

kingantti1874

Fed up.

we have a huge budget in comparison to the rest of the league (not really) But you are raging that we lost to a team with 3 times the budget of us and we shouldn’t stand for it 🤣🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

we have a huge budget in comparison to the rest of the league (not really) But you are raging that we lost to a team with 3 times the budget of us and we shouldn’t stand for it 🤣🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think its the manner of being woefully unprepared.

We could have a better CB than Rowles, those that apparently know football thought differently

We also decided not to beef up our midfield despite only having 2 meaningful choices (Haring & Devlin) Grant & Halliday both not fit for purpose and Beni injured. Hof apparently a project that looks to be underwhelming and made of glass. 

We're going to lose games when we play better opposition. We can all accept that, but when we make a rod for our own backs, its frustrating - and its entirely justified. 

colinmorewasgash

3rd 4th blah blah most success we ve had. 10 years season after season rebuild 2 seasons in first division same mistakes still bring made. Hibs style excuses shiny stand overbudget and couldnt even finish one floor off it. Business great well not really without benefactors money  to give us a profit we wd be in debt. 

Ann saved us for few million she certainly has taken more put than tht in 10 years from foh money to finish stand to paying family members and her pals bookie debts allegedly. When we do make money we pay inflated prices on donkeys look how many players craig signed and joe has brought in yet still need another cb and better quality in midfield and a fast big strong striker. What we trot out is we cant afford one yet mwell stmirren killie ross co even livvy seem to find them normally more than one too. We  became a big side who did training 3 times a day under bob first spell, nobody liked playing us big physical hearts. Then when he came bk we stopped that and players got smaller and started this pep style passing out from back with players who arent technical enough. So what is our style a play at mo any ideas. We panic we hoof it but we dont have anyone big up top we dont hve gd enough defenders or midfield to kp possession and,start moves and play through balls to strikers, vargas is striker we get told then ends up on right wing and oda drops out so im lost.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It’s a pretty balanced post mate and some really good points.

absolutely spot on that hearts fans are so of the most loyal fans you’ll come across. Pumped tons of money in, and still are and yet it’s not being reciprocated by the players and football on display. 

a gift run of fixtures and couldn’t break down Killie at home nor even come away with a point at dens park. Totally unacceptable. After the Dundee game I genuinely felt myself becoming detached from wanting to be near anything hearts related. 

totally flat and totally done spending energy time and money to watch my club

Thats where I'm at sadly. Not sure if it's an age thing (43 this year) but can think of better things to do than watch shit, turgid football all winter long. I said to my daughter tonight that I dont think ill bother renewing our season tickets for next season. Don't know what's sadder...that I feel like that only a few games in, or the fact that my 8yr old (who should be part of next gen of fans) isn't bothered in the slightest either. 

jack D and coke

We’re slightly bigger than tinpot in a backwater tinpot league. 
This is it. It won’t get any better. A cup every ten years or so or possibly even less. 
Get over it lol or away watch Man City. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

We’re slightly bigger than tinpot in a backwater tinpot league. 
This is it. It won’t get any better. A cup every ten years or so or possibly even less. 
Get over it lol or away watch Man City. 

Pretty much this j d!

jack D and coke
Just now, hmfcbilly said:

Pretty much this j d!

Mate I’m not being doom and gloom but I’ve genuinely been amused last day or so with people discussing line ups and 3 at the back or whatever so we can do this, this or this :lol: we were getting a coating tonight and the talk of otherwise is laughable. Scottish teams are dogshit.  Change managers, change recruitment team and it won’t get any better. We are what we are and it’s either take that on or find something else to do on a Saturday. 
I’ve been watching this shit for near 40 years now. I accept it. 

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry mate, I'm not buying that. Tonight, we were onto a hiding, fair enough. The heat, atmosphere and, as you say, better players would see to that. What I won't stand for is the stuttering performance drawing oyr 1st home game of the season to Killie and the toothless effort away to the newly promoted team last week. Think folks have a right to be a bit raging. As others have said....these types of performances aren't new, they've been the norm for a few seasons now. The odd masterclass thrown in leaves most of us hanging in hope for more the same but, reality is, performances are laboured and we look incapable of breaking teams down. To be a big player, we need to find a way through as teams are happy to give us the ball knowing there's likely little end product. We don't score first, we are often fu*ked!

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Mate I’m not being doom and gloom but I’ve genuinely been amused last day or so with people discussing line ups and 3 at the back or whatever so we can do this, this or this :lol: we were getting a coating tonight and the talk of otherwise is laughable. Scottish teams are dogshit.  Change managers, change recruitment team and it won’t get any better. We are what we are and it’s either take that on or find something else to do on a Saturday. 
I’ve been watching this shit for near 40 years now. I accept it. 

👍see my post from literally 5 seconds ago 🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Scottish football is badly placed for Europe. We need far more intelligent coaching and style to succeed. 

Getting beat weakly to Dundee is unacceptable tonight is simply results of years of making the same mistakes over and over as a nation.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

👍see my post from literally 5 seconds ago 🤣

Yeah agreed man. 
We’re so far behind now in European terms it’s unreal. 
Rangers and Celtic will get rodgered too and they’ll both utterly rodger us yet we still have dafties discussing getting the line up wrong or binning the management again cos we’re not challenging in Scotland or winning games in Europe. 
We shop in the cash generator market for players and produce nothing of our own. 
Shanks and Boyce is it and the rest I wouldn’t even notice if they stayed in Greece. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Also add we are soft as shit, as a whole, support included, delusions of grandeur without doing the hard yards. 

Win a couple we think we are ace. We need an unbeaten run and momentum. 

Naismith spoke about identity end of last season, it still looks like the same team that wants to play but doesn't have the balls 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Yeah agreed man. 
Rangers and Celtic will get rodgered too and they’ll both utterly rodger us yet we still have dafties discussing getting the line up wrong or binning the management again cos we’re not challenging in Scotland or winning games in Europe. 
We shop in the cash generator market for players and produce nothing of our own. 
Shanks and Boyce is it and the rest I wouldn’t even notice if they stayed in Greece. 

Vargas and Cochrane get pass marks. I watched Aberdeen almost identical. 

But we go cheap on coaching too. You reap what you sew

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

That reminds me, I like Kenny V

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Yeah agreed man. 

Totally mate. If we had half decent midfielders to give them some service that would help. Remember folk giving Boyce pelters on here then when he got injured there was no one coming deep looking to link the play? Shanklands adapted well from 'just' being a poacher but they can't play midfield and attack by themselves! I do like look of vargas. Just hope we don't coach the natural attacking intent out of him🤣 were not man City, we need to lose the patient, we'll keep the Ball for 75% but no score a goal attitude. We've enough players there to go for the jugular against most teams at home. The crowd will feed off it and thst in itself would help the players 

jack D and coke

Vargas is just in the door and he’s young I’m not dismissing the lad. He looks positive anyway. 
Im not sure who we could attract for what we pay coaching wise? We don’t pay top dollars.
Who the **** worth their salt wants to come here? 
It’s rock and hard place. 

Exile fae Main Street
2 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Fed up.

Hear, hear.

Let's start by getting rid of that Charlaton Frankie McAvoy, a total embarrassment; Gordon Forrest why is he still at the club? ....and that leaves "Naisy" , I mean Naismith, bored wi everybody have their name shortened by adding a 'y" ....2 of my ex-wives did it with my name, "Drewy" made me sound like a long lost relative of Donald Duck,which is what we are as a club at the moment if you get my drift....an let's get rid of that Aussie bloke Rowlesy while we're at it. Tbh after losing tae Dundee at the weekend I feel like cancelling my Foundation Sub. which I've paid since day one.....sure it wouldn't be missed anyway being that it's taken for granted by these Imposters who shame our wonderful football club. Feel so sad about it all, may as well sell Shankland an all as we seem incapable of building any sort of team around him. Oh and get Craig Gordon back ASAP!

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Think you are very, very correct here.

Its like putting someones granny in an F1 car. The person running the team doesn't match the quality or ambition of the team. 

We need a coach that can actually improve players, implement achievable tactics and give us some feeling of progression. 

I'm not getting that vibe. That team tonight was a mess. the game on Sunday was pathetic and our showing against PAOK at home was naive and reckless. The decision to ruin Beni against Rosenberg was a bad one, as was the decision to play McKay against PAOK. Both players coming back from a long layoff, so we put them into ultra, ultra intense games. Doesn't pass a common sense check to me.. 

A club like Hearts need an experienced manager, McAvoy isn't experienced as a manager. A short spell for a middling Championship team and Naisy who doesn't even have his badges isn't good enough. This desire to find some sort of wunderkid young manager is a pipe dream. Get someone who can coach and manage a team effectively. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Vargas is just in the door and he’s young I’m not dismissing the lad. He looks positive anyway. 
Im not sure who we could attract for what we pay coaching wise? We don’t pay top dollars.
Who the **** worth their salt wants to come here? 
It’s rock and hard place. 

It is. Conversation I've been having all day. 

Scottish football problem as much as Hearts tonight. 

However I still believe that we should be better than we are domestically. 

No midweeks now, no excuses after Sunday 

As far as I can assess we have failed to invest in the footballing side of he Club. The infrastructure is stable but the focus and investment needs to be put into the footballing side. Because ultimately that is where our revenue will come from and not swanky 6 course meals and fine wines. The Board needs to refocus to our on the park endeavours and back that focus with wise investment in decent players. 

jack D and coke

It is. Conversation I've been having all day. 

Scottish football problem as much as Hearts tonight. 

However I still believe that we should be better than we are domestically. 

No midweeks now, no excuses after Sunday 

People put far too much emphasis on Europe when we’re so far out of our depth there it’s just incredible now.
Qualifying for Europe just means we get a an away trip and a gubbing off teams we’ve barely heard of. I’m surprised we beat Rosenberg, they must be ****ing awful :lol: 
We’re a diddy outfit outside of Scotland and sometimes even in Scotland.

It’s always been this way and the fact people think we’re now underachieving is mental to me. We should be doing slightly better perhaps but I’m always pishing myself at people opinions of where they think we should be and raging about sacking everyone. 
Beat Motherwell. That’s our level. 

Rick Sanchez

Project FC.

Apathy has always been the main word for me.

I said in the match thread that the likes of Wilder etc wouldn't accept projects like Nieuwenhof or accept being left with a midfield like that. They would be demanding and moaning like ****.

That just doesn't suit. We look for value for money instead of spending a bit extra and getting people who know the league and would do a better job. Sure we might get a cheaper deal but I bet we don't sell any of our current squad for any decent 'value'...other than a Neilson signing, ironically...

I don't think Naismith as a rookie manager has that in his locker yet. He'll accept what he gets. I'm slowly coming round to Savage being the problem or definitely the recruitment process.

Get rid of Joe, McAvoy and Forrest. Hire the best manager for the job and ask their thoughts on Naismith. If they don't want him, bin him as well.

It's really not hard, a bit like coaching throw ins isn't.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Project FC.

Apathy has always been the main word for me.

I said in the match thread that the likes of Wilder etc wouldn't accept projects like Nieuwenhof or accept being left with a midfield like that. They would be demanding and moaning like ****.

That just doesn't suit. We look for value for money instead of spending a bit extra and getting people who know the league and would do a better job. Sure we might get a cheaper deal but I bet we don't sell any of our current squad for any decent 'value'...other than a Neilson signing, ironically...

I don't think Naismith as a rookie manager has that in his locker yet. He'll accept what he gets. I'm slowly coming round to Savage being the problem or definitely the recruitment process.

Get rid of Joe, McAvoy and Forrest. Hire the best manager for the job and ask their thoughts on Naismith. If they don't want him, bin him as well.

It's really not hard, a bit like coaching throw ins isn't.

At what point in your life following Hearts have we got it right? we’ve won 3 cups in my puff. It’s pitiful stuff. 
Not being wide in any way btw. 
Sack Savage and McAvoy and Forrest and spend loads getting who? Who’s coming to Hearts to finish 3rd at best? 
You have to spend to get a good manager. He wants to spend to get better players. 
It’s not happening. 

ShortmanRossco
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

People put far too much emphasis on Europe when we’re so far out of our depth there it’s just incredible now.
Qualifying for Europe just means we get a an away trip and a gubbing off teams we’ve barely heard of. I’m surprised we beat Rosenberg, they must be ****ing awful :lol: 
We’re a diddy outfit outside of Scotland and sometimes even in Scotland.

It’s always been this way and the fact people think we’re now underachieving is mental to me. We should be doing slightly better perhaps but I’m always pishing myself at people opinions of where they think we should be and raging about sacking everyone. 
Beat Motherwell. That’s our level. 

That's about bang on. I do think looking anything into tonight is borderline insanity but Jesus at least play a team that's going to brush aside Dundee. If we've rested players for tonight's benefit it's a basic oversight.