Nieuwenhof ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

RustyRightPeg
26 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Has had a couple of good games recently, but we were playing Airdrie yesterday, not Man City.

Used to actively hide during games, and this is far less prominent now.

It is good to see him get "stuck in" recently and hopefully this progress continues. Miles away from the finished article, but encouraging signs, none the less.

Still the slowest player over 10 yards, that I have probably ever seen. Not so bad when his momentum builds up.

This is the new benchmark

Do you actually watch the games?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Black Prince
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He doesn't have to...

saxondale
27 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Has had a couple of good games recently, but we were playing Airdrie yesterday, not Man City.

It is good to see him get "stuck in" recently and hopefully this progress continues. Miles away from the finished article, but encouraging signs, none the less.

Still the slowest player over 10 yards, that I have probably ever seen. Not so bad when his momentum builds up.

Your level of stubborness is the new benchmark.

31 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Assuming you don't watch much football then?

saxondale
3 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

:interehjrling:

Well worth bringing that rubbish up.

The question is now: will the poster a) backtrack, b) reluctantly accept he's 'been better', or c) not respond and ultimately learn nothing from his mistake.

Let's wait and see.

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, saxondale said:

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I love the volition of people who have low football IQ

:pleasing:

4 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Well worth bringing that rubbish up.

The question is now: will the poster a) backtrack, b) reluctantly accept he's 'been better', or c) not respond and ultimately learn nothing from his mistake.

Let's wait and see.

option d) wait till he has a slightly below average game then come on here & absolutely slaughter him

saxondale
Just now, boag1874 said:

option d) wait till he has a slightly below average game then come on here & absolutely slaughter him

Ding ding ding we have a correct a an answer!

Delighted to see young Hof prove some of his doubters wrong. Getting better every week. Does the simple things right and now looks like a goal threat too. Good on him.

On 28/08/2023 at 23:13, Cruyff said:

Bunch of drama queens. This laddie will have a lot of people eating their words. 

:smugger:

Telt ye's. 

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

This entire post consists of utter drivel.

He isn't the first and won't be the last player who's gone from poor to good... especially after a change tactically.

Those who were adamant he was amazing before and those still maintaining he's hopeless are both equally as deluded imo.

The Goalscoring Knee
1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

This entire post consists of utter drivel.

A quick check of the posting history shows it's at least a consistent theme. Fair play, tho, they've got a fair few bites today.

2 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

A quick check of the posting history shows it's at least a consistent theme. Fair play, tho, they've got a fair few bites today.

Indeed. Another so called supporter who has nothing positive to say about the club, the players or the management in general.

42 minutes ago, saxondale said:

You have to admire his tenacity if nothing else .:rofl:

It’s worth noting that the Hoff is being sought out for an interview by the BBC ( I know, I know 😁) they even see the potential in him.

1 hour ago, By The Light.. said:

You're right it doesn't matter he is 100% Aussie. I was just joking re the origins of the surname.

MOTM for me yesterday

Yeah , he may have a caveat for these things actually ……….. Viduka ect. Although I doubt there have been many international class aborigine players over the decades anyway :D 

I think I will just stop trying to understand his logic . He makes my brain hurt 

saxondale
14 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

It’s worth noting that the Hoff is being sought out for an interview by the BBC ( I know, I know 😁) they even see the potential in him.

I saw that, I also saw him struggling to keep up with the pacy Jonathan Sutherland (given how slow he is over 10 yards) whilst being interviewed.

This is the new benchmark.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:smugger:

Telt ye's. 

Not quite sure he's at the "tell ya" level yet! 😁

His improved and motoring along nicely now tho.

42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He isn't the first and won't be the last player who's gone from poor to good... especially after a change tactically.

Those who were adamant he was amazing before and those still maintaining he's hopeless are both equally as deluded imo.

I don't think there was anyone that said he was "amazing" in his first few games. There were plenty saying he was hopeless though.

He has settled, and adapted and is learning and improving with virtually every game. I'm sure most sane people would agree with that.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No , he has an entrenched opinion on Hoff. Has done since day one and can't accept he is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I don't think there was anyone that said he was "amazing" in his first few games. There were plenty saying he was hopeless though.

He has settled, and adapted and is learning and improving with virtually every game. I'm sure most sane people would agree with that.

That's sort of what I'm saying. People were saying he was hopeless because he was pretty hopeless...like many others before him have been and gone on to completely turn it around. Any criticism is labelled "writing a player off" when often it's just folk calling what they've seen so far how they see it. Those who were saying he was brilliant were the ones pushing an agenda imo, as it couldn't have been based on his early showings.

Totally agree with your second paragraph, and delighted to see it.

I remember watching the guys highlight reel from Australia before he signed. Composure, good passing, almost seemed to glide with the ball at his feet and an ability to score from distance.

I think we’re starting to see all of that, and in a better standard of league as well. Anyone who thinks he’s mince is at it.

27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not quite sure he's at the "tell ya" level yet! 😁

His improved and motoring along nicely now tho.

Nah, the boys got everything you want in a midfielder. Can run, pass, tackle and shoot. On top of that, he's intelligent and he's tough. Just needed time to fit in and adapt to the football. He'll just go from strength to strength now. 

40 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I saw that, I also saw him struggling to keep up with the pacy Jonathan Sutherland (given how slow he is over 10 yards) whilst being interviewed.

This is the new benchmark.

Yup, he couldn’t even keep up with a reporter will be the new stick to beat him with.

I think this is a good thread for people to read through before commenting on the Scott Fraser one . In my humble opinion of course 

stevie1874
57 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's sort of what I'm saying. People were saying he was hopeless because he was pretty hopeless...like many others before him have been and gone on to completely turn it around. Any criticism is labelled "writing a player off" when often it's just folk calling what they've seen so far how they see it. Those who were saying he was brilliant were the ones pushing an agenda imo, as it couldn't have been based on his early showings.

Totally agree with your second paragraph, and delighted to see it.

Can’t think of any posts who have said he was brilliant early on. Boy seems to be getting more confident and crowd are off his back at the moment. Mental how that happens some of our fans just have to get on at someone on the pitch. Tagawa after first touch was getting slaughtered by a couple round about us yesterday. He never done much but looked like he was just trying to not lose the ball instead of trying to be productive for the team. 

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

. Any criticism is labelled "writing a player off" when often it's just folk calling what they've seen so far how they see it.

You mean apart from the posters actually writing him off? 🫠

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Those who were saying he was brilliant were the ones pushing an agenda imo, as it couldn't have been based on his early showings.

Don’t recall anyone saying he was brilliant. Lots of people saying it was far too early to judge him though. And how right they were 😎

23 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

You mean apart from the posters actually writing him off? 🫠

Don’t recall anyone saying he was brilliant. Lots of people saying it was far too early to judge him though. And how right they were 😎

I "don't recall" anyone writing him off. Is that how the revisionism works?

Nobody jumped the gun on Kuol either I presume? 😂

Folk, on both sides, desperate to be the first to declare someone great or rubbish so they can fling it in folks faces months down the line. Anyone declaring definitively on a player within a few months of arriving is at it, imo.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

There's not many can manage the "walking interview" with the class that young Calem demonstrated yesterday. Never lost his man, despite the wee pixie fella seeming to have tried a few changes in direction and pace. And some decent chat to boot. 

He is highly thought of by Naismith and he’s ahead of Cammy Devlin now in the managers plans.

personally I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell Devlin on in the summer, just a feeling.

I P Knightley
16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Folk, on both sides, desperate to be the first to declare someone great or rubbish so they can fling it in folks faces months down the line. Anyone declaring definitively on a player within a few months of arriving is at it, imo.

Much more often on the side of the player being crap. It's a lot easier position to 'vindicate' (told ye so) as it's almost certain that all players will have a few disappointing games. Therefore, it seems to be a position adopted by those of the feebler mind. 

Those that want to talk up a new signing are alright in my book. At least they're optimistic that Hearts' signings will go some way to realising the success we all want to see. You get the feeling with the others, that it doesn't matter what Hearts' results are; they just want to be able to say, "I telt yeez!"

14 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

He is highly thought of by Naismith and he’s ahead of Cammy Devlin now in the managers plans.

personally I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell Devlin on in the summer, just a feeling.

If we look at the centre mids or players who can play there we have 

Beni - As it stands his contract is up

Haring - Leaving

Grant

Nieuwenhof

Denholm 

Tait

Pollock- hasn’t kicked a bell for the first team in well over a season

Fraser - on loan until end of this season. 
Devlin

So 6 or 7 mids max, imo,  to fill 3 spots per game and the possibility of European group football. I don’t see how Devlin goes anywhere. Nieuwenhof showing he is better pushing further forward, I think Grant, Tait and Fraser more attack minded players. You take Devlin’s ball winning ability out of the equation and we instantly lack depth, a lot more so if Beni doesn’t renew. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pete Elliott
54 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I literally quoted someone writing him off at the top of this page. :facepalm:

55 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

There's not many can manage the "walking interview" with the class that young Calem demonstrated yesterday. Never lost his man, despite the wee pixie fella seeming to have tried a few changes in direction and pace. And some decent chat to boot. 

Yes, even the sneaky poke in the face with the microphone didn’t faze oor Calem, I thought VAR would have picked it up, then I remembered, it wasn’t used in this round.

I would have had to change my boxers if the wee pixie fella fell flat on his face mid interview.:lol:

Pete Elliott
On 25/08/2023 at 16:48, Leveins Battalion said:

I just hope we stop signing guys from Oz,I love Cammy Devlin but the rest of them could leave tommorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep including the Hoff who I've seen twice now and was not impressed at all.

On 24/09/2023 at 07:40, i8hibsh said:

My expectations were low so not shocked that he is shit. Just another dud thrown at us by that fraud Savage. The bar has been set very very low with him that I write off all our recruits on day 1 and that sucks.

On 22/10/2023 at 16:24, Jambojamie91 said:

Send him back on the first flight to Australia. A downgrade and slower than haring. Useless

On 22/10/2023 at 16:24, Bainy said:

He's hopeless. 

On 22/10/2023 at 16:43, The Mercer Takeover said:

Utterly horrendous.

No positional sense and completely out of his depth.

Wage thief

On 22/10/2023 at 16:45, Arry said:

Out his depth I’m afraid. 

On 22/10/2023 at 16:54, McCrae said:

He looks a lower Championship level player.

On 22/10/2023 at 18:50, Djm1874 said:

He was utter utter dogmeat today. soft weak,passive and played with no tempo or purpose .  Just reminds me of Kio… get rid!!

On 22/10/2023 at 19:17, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Yup - can’t see anything in him that suggests it was worth bringing him from the other side of the world.

On 22/10/2023 at 15:28, rudi must stay said:

He is soft and will be bullied in this league

On 22/10/2023 at 16:06, Gordon Ramsay said:

Got the build of a 10 year old. 

Yep, there was definitely nobody writing him off 😳

Bull's-eye

You got any quotes of anyone writing him off mate?

RustyRightPeg

Christian Bale Uh GIF - ChristianBale Uh AmericanPsycho - Discover ...

Selkirkhmfc1874

This lad is going to be a really good signing imo , took time to settle understandably but after a pre season this summer we'll see much more from him next season 

18 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

A lot of those were true on his performances to date for us at the time. Very few say he'll never come good...aka written off. 

I'd quote the opposite of folk going against the obvious mediocrity he'd shown saying he was great but I'm not that sad.

I still reckon it's too early to judge either way if I'm honest, but he's been very good lately.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Much more often on the side of the player being crap. It's a lot easier position to 'vindicate' (told ye so) as it's almost certain that all players will have a few disappointing games. Therefore, it seems to be a position adopted by those of the feebler mind. 

Those that want to talk up a new signing are alright in my book. At least they're optimistic that Hearts' signings will go some way to realising the success we all want to see. You get the feeling with the others, that it doesn't matter what Hearts' results are; they just want to be able to say, "I telt yeez!"

It creates a lot of pressure on young players moving across the world to blow so much smoke up their arses. As soon as they're not outstanding you'll get folk going the other way and calling them rubbish when actually they've just been a bit meh whilst the settle.

He was horseshit at the start and deserved criticism.

He is playing well now and deserves praise.

That is just how it goes in this game.

All the smug 'I told you so gang' are as much wrong or right about him as anyone else.

He may just be having a good spell and revert to shiteness again, should the poeple originally being negative then be all smug?

It is so pathetic.

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Newy proved me wrong.... Naisy proved me wrong... Savage....

How about just dont be a dick in the first place?

And maybe not pretend like we know exactly how someone's career at Hearts is going to go after watching two games.

"I can see right away that he's going to" no you* can't. Stop needing to act like you are the enlightened seer of football futures and sit and enjoy the mystery of football as it unfolds.

* obv not you personally BigO.

Pete Elliott
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

lot of those were true on his performances to date for us at the time. Very few say he'll never come good...aka written off. 

So you looked at posters saying:

“Could leave tomorrow and I wouldn’t lose sleep”

“Wage thief”

”Get rid”

”Send him back on the first plane to Australia”

and still came to the conclusion posters weren’t writing him off.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pete Elliott
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

All the smug 'I told you so gang' are as much wrong or right about him as anyone else.

He may just be having a good spell and revert to shiteness again, should the poeple originally being negative then be all smug?

It is so pathetic.

The definition of pathetic is your post I quoted 👍🏻

spacerjoe
5 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Oh nice one, are we playing Man City soon? Is it on sale yet?

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is so pathetic.

I think you’ve proved the point that some people either just haven’t a clue when it comes to players or they judge far too quickly. 

48 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

And maybe not pretend like we know exactly how someone's career at Hearts is going to go after watching two games.

"I can see right away that he's going to" no you* can't. Stop needing to act like you are the enlightened seer of football futures and sit and enjoy the mystery of football as it unfolds.

* obv not you personally BigO.

Haha, youre right tho.

Thing is its easy abd forgivable to get excited or to look for the good in a player. But people hone in on weaknesses and amplify them, then dig heels in. The Hof is slow thing. Or weak, even.

The boy has been seen run past both Duk and Boyle and im not sure how many aerial duels hes lost but it wont be many!

I just dont get the attitude of writing players off... "happy to be proved wrong..." just support the lad from day one, ya numbnuts

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Haha, youre right tho.

Thing is its easy abd forgivable to get excited or to look for the good in a player. But people hone in on weaknesses and amplify them, then dig heels in. The Hof is slow thing. Or weak, even.

The boy has been seen run past both Duk and Boyle and im not sure how many aerial duels hes lost but it wont be many!

I just dont get the attitude of writing players off... "happy to be proved wrong..." just support the lad from day one, ya numbnuts

I swear I think some of the ish with Hoff is that frankly he looks a lot more like the 20 year old at the T-Mobile cabin setting you up with a prepaid burner phone than a professional footballer. :lol: He just doesn't *look* like someone who's going to dust Youan for pace.