Shankland

Thomaso

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

not a lot , although we did get a sell on fee but it’s long debated what that was (not great by all accounts). 

We reportedly got over £1.5 mil from the original transfer and a "significant" cut from the sell-on. Certainly not nothing or peanuts.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

We reportedly got over £1.5 mil from the original transfer and a "significant" cut from the sell-on. Certainly not nothing or peanuts.

Was the sell on fee not around the 200,000 pound mark?

10 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

There’s conflicting reports 

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

that’s garbage. Accounts don’t say anywhere near £1.5m. And as for significant cut that’s garbage as well. Heard it direct from AM (as others did at shareholders meal) that it was 6 figures. And that could be £100k.

in any event look at his worth now and yes it is peanuts we got

Edited by 1971fozzy

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

that’s garbage. Accounts don’t say anywhere near £1.5m. And as for significant cut that’s garbage as well. Heard it direct from AM (as others did at shareholders meal) that it was 6 figures. And that could be £100k.

Not looking for an argument but aren't transfer fees normally paid up instead of in a lump sum. Would the accounts show money still due?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Not looking for an argument but aren't transfer fees normally paid up instead of in a lump sum. Would the accounts show money still due?

🤷🏻‍♂️ .  he was running out of contract so it was literally get what we can.  My point was that we got peanuts for a player of his worth.  

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ .  he was running out of contract so it was literally get what we can.  My point was that we got peanuts for a player of his worth.  

Aye, I do agree that even at £1.5m it's buttons.

3 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

It will be revealed when last year's accounts are published in October/November. Hickey's transfer to Brentford was in July and our financial year ends on June 30th.

Shankland has scored 32 goals in 52 games for Hearts he's priceless as he'd next to impossible to replace.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Some people deny the truth even when waved about in front of their face. A shame.

17 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

There's no such thing as a market level. Football isn't a supermarket where everything is priced. It all depends on the strength of the negotiating position.  

Supply v demand + leverage + timing = price.

The more goals a player scores, for example, the more their price goes up. A club running out of time to bring in a player pressurises the sale. What any other player was or wasn't sold for only affects expectations, not the deal.

(p.s. You're putting way too much effort into talking down a Hearts asset)

I'm not talking down Shankland. I'm trying to explain why we aren't getting £10m for a 28 year old who doesn't get a game for Scotland. He's priceless to us but if he wanted to move we'd be looking at £3-4m...

22 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Looking at newsnow Southampton are now after Joel Piroe from Swansea.  

He not signing for Leeds?

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He not signing for Leeds?

I think Southampton and Leeds are both vying

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I thought it was reported as £1.5m but Celtic were due a third of that?  And as another poster said, the transfer fee might not be included in just one set of accounts, if paid over a period of time. 

You’re definitely right about the 6 figure cut and that is anyone’s guess as the figure has never been confirmed by the club as far as I’m aware (I suspect they’re embarrassed at how small a sum it is!).

57 minutes ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

So no formal bid then ?

no?

as expected.

good !

I think if a club were truly wanting him they'd have put an offer in by now.

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I think he may well be a few English clubs radar, but not first choice, when it gets near the end of the window, some of these clubs will be at the point where they are looking further down the list of options, we might, hopefully not,  see some movement at that point 

jamboinglasgow
14 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

IIRC it wasn’t even 3 million up front.

It will be the usual BBC spin that includes his wages and it’s not 6 million in total going to Aberdeen

Often reports are about all potential money the transfer could raise (even if very unlikely) rather than up front and realistic add-ons. So suspect thats the amount Aberdeen wanted to reported to keep fans happy rather than what it will be more likely.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm not talking down Shankland. I'm trying to explain why we aren't getting £10m for a 28 year old who doesn't get a game for Scotland. He's priceless to us but if he wanted to move we'd be looking at £3-4m...

:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not getting a game for Scotland doesn't really matter all that much, certainly not the difference between an extra few million. 

The likes of Ross McCormack signed for Villa for £12M when he wasn't even in the Scotland squad.

2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

It will be revealed when last year's accounts are published in October/November. Hickey's transfer to Brentford was in July and our financial year ends on June 30th.

Shankland has scored 32 goals in 52 games for Hearts he's priceless as he'd next to impossible to replace.

It won’t be revealed in the accounts. It will be included in ‘player acquisitions/registrations’ of which there were many and you won’t be able to tell how much we got for Hickey as a sell on fee. Probably just as well to save the face of the person who negotiated the sell on

16 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Not getting a game for Scotland doesn't really matter all that much, certainly not the difference between an extra few million. 

The likes of Ross McCormack signed for Villa for £12M when he wasn't even in the Scotland squad.

If he was starting for Scotland he'd be ahead of Adams and Dykes in the pecking order so he would definitely be worth more. He's currently behind an English Championship striker, potentially two and I think the buying clubs it in the English Championship might consider this.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If he was starting for Scotland he's be ahead of Adams and Dykes in the pecking order so he would definitely be worth more. He's currently behind an English Championship striker, potentially two and I think the buying clubs it in the English Championship might consider this.

That's not how clubs look at players. They look at the quality they have and whether they would fit into their style of play or not. Their starting place in the national side isn't what determines a player's value.

Given that we are now so close to the end of the window, it would be bat shit crazy to let him go. It really would have to be silly money, and we shouldn't even consider stupid 3m to 4m offers for 1 nanosecond.

8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

That's not how clubs look at players. They look at the quality they have and whether they would fit into their style of play or not. Their starting place in the national side isn't what determines a player's value.

It's usually quality that determines if a player plays for their national team or not. International quality one might say. Regularly when we're looking at players the fans get more excited if they have for instance; two caps for Japan or sixty caps for Scotland...

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When does the window shut so we can kill this thread 

Saudi ones got nearly a month to go yet!!!

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It's usually quality that determines if a player plays for their national team or not. International quality one might say. Regularly when we're looking at players the fans get more excited if they have for instance; two caps for Japan or sixty caps for Scotland...

Yes but it all depends on who's playing ahead of them and how they fit in to the way the manager wants to play? Dykes fits Clarke's style. There's loads of examples with other nations where players have sold for a fortune yet aren't starting every game for their national side.

This is nothing to do with whether fans get excited or not and this factor has zero bearing on how much a club is going to pay.

Shankland is PRICELESS to us.

I trust his fee will go beyond anyone but the Saudis reach after he bags a brace this evening. 

13 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yes but it all depends on who's playing ahead of them and how they fit in to the way the manager wants to play? Dykes fits Clarke's style. There's loads of examples with other nations where players have sold for a fortune yet aren't starting every game for their national side.

This is nothing to do with whether fans get excited or not and this factor has zero bearing on how much a club is going to pay.

If you don't think international players demand bigger fees than non internationals we'll just end the conversation there. Get SkySports on!

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Just out of interest, and at this stage of the window. How much would be acceptable to you, or how much do you think the club would cave at?

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Or, they dont like our informal valuation and may be back at 11th hr if cant get better.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It won’t be revealed in the accounts. It will be included in ‘player acquisitions/registrations’ of which there were many and you won’t be able to tell how much we got for Hickey as a sell on fee. Probably just as well to save the face of the person who negotiated the sell on

Maybe so, the other year I think the sell on fee for Uche ( received on his £1M transfer from wycombe to Middlesbrough ) was attributed to being the main contribution for "income from player trading". Though I don't think the actual fee was revealed.

32 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Just out of interest, and at this stage of the window. How much would be acceptable to you, or how much do you think the club would cave at?

It really depends if Shankland is pushing for a move or not. If he's keen to go and won't sign a new deal then I think £3-4m would be what we get. A soon as the window shuts value drops. It plummets in February. A new deal and just keep him at Tynecastle would be my preference. He might have assurances that we let him go if an English club comes in for him though.

Mr Brightside
34 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you don't think international players demand bigger fees than non internationals we'll just end the conversation there. Get SkySports on!

Oli Burke and Oli McBurnie has moved for relatively big fees for Scottish strikers but are nowhere near the national team (although both capped previously).

I wouldn’t be surprised if both these players were sold for more than Dykes who is our regular starter.

Being an international can increase value, but the league a player plays in is probably the biggest factor in their fee.

38 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Shankland is an international player ffs 😂

Fort Vallance
34 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Or, they dont like our informal valuation and may be back at 11th hr if cant get better.

Possibly. But that would give us a bigger problem.  We lose him at 11th hour it would be virtually impossible to get a reasonable replacement in.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Let’s assume we offered him a new contract. He didn’t want to sign it for whatever reason. Wanted to leave or it was seen as a derisory offer. Either way he had little time left on his existing contract. We didn’t get peanuts we got, (as you say) what we could. If he had years left and we took what we did then it would be peanuts.

What he was worth then is not what Bologna was willing to offer. They’re not stupid. 

Lossiemouth Jambo

Let's hope he has a shocker tonight v PAOK. Don't want him to score a hat-trick and put himself back in the spotlight!!!

Oh hang on !!

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nobody is saying he isn't?

What are you on about? You said "If you don't think international players demand bigger fees than non internationals"

I never said anything about non internationals 😂

HeartsandonlyHearts
54 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

What is an informal valuation?

I honestly don’t know.

Hearts have said there’s been no bids. No bids means no valuation.

11 minutes ago, Lossiemouth Jambo said:

Let's hope he has a shocker tonight v PAOK. Don't want him to score a hat-trick and put himself back in the spotlight!!!

Oh hang on !!

Take the 3 goals as there is a good chance he will be away after the second leg either way.

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

12 minutes ago, Chimp said:

What are you on about? You said "If you don't think international players demand bigger fees than non internationals"

I never said anything about non internationals 😂

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Obviously you read your own posts as careful as you read me stating we'd end the discussion there!

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I think tomorrow he will go if we get a good offer as tonight he is needed. 

Nope; don't think so

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Obviously you read your own posts as careful as you read me stating we'd end the discussion there!

I said starting place in the national side.... You can still be in the national squad but not start the game. Being on the bench and not in the starting 11 doesn't mean you're a non international 🤣 Surely you know that no?

Take your own advice and read posts properly mate. Made yourself look a little silly there! 

11 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I said starting place in the national side.... You can still be in the national squad but not start the game. Being on the bench and not in the starting 11 doesn't mean you're a non international 🤣 Surely you know that no?

Take your own advice and read posts properly mate. Made yourself look a little silly there! 

How many caps do you get for sitting on the bench? Pretty sure buying clubs will be looking at caps over arse splinters from the bench...

The White Cockade
3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Looking at newsnow Southampton are now after Joel Piroe from Swansea.  

Think he’s signing for Leeds today according to latest reports