Shankland

Thomaso

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Still think he's going nowhere.

Also, a little respect for this goal machine please? We'd be absolutely ****ed with out Shankland. 

Nope.  Lost better players.  If he goes he goes, move on.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

indianajones
10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Who do we have or will we get that will score 25+ a season. It took us 30 year to find this guy 😄

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Who do we have or will we get that will score 25+ a season. It took us 30 year to find this guy 😄

Skacel scored 17,13 and 18 in three seasons with us without taking a penalty. Possibly a better scoring rate than Shanklands.  Seems no-one remembers him. 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Skacel scored 17,13 and 18 in three seasons with us without taking a penalty. Possibly a better scoring rate than Shanklands.  Seems no-one remembers him. 

Not 25 though. 

And when was the last Skacel? 

Just now, indianajones said:

Not 25 though. 

And when was the last Skacel? 

If he had taken pens he would have skooshed 25 in all probability 

I have zero idea if true but have been told a 3m bud has been made. Source is a guy that works for me whose sister works in HR Hearts. 

I stress I am only passing on what I have heard and if true then for me it should be a flat no. Start talking at 5m 

GorgieFifeLife
28 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We can recruit someone who could do this but also we can spread goals throughout the team from the new signings.  As we saw last season 1 player scoring a lot of goals doesn’t mean we are guaranteed to meet our target😀

HeartsandonlyHearts

This thread is getting as dumb as the Summer signing thread. When the Zombie invasion comes don’t be anywhere near the obvious. 

20 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Isn't that McKay?

Unless he’s had laser tattoo removal?

Its Shanks mate, and just proves you can bend a picture any which way you want. Here’s the vid

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Bjorn wasn’t a waster and went on to much bigger things than us.

Great signing and like a few others wasn’t really utilised properly. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great signing and like a few others wasn’t really utilised properly. 

Yeah we were lucky to have him but it was a shame he wasn’t used properly.  You saw his quality in spite of that.

18 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah we were lucky to have him but it was a shame he wasn’t used properly.  You saw his quality in spite of that.

Played for a different club every season of his career. Total journeyman in South Korea now still only 31 🤣

Screenshot_20230816_204039_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230816_204034_Samsung Internet.jpg

49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes no-one remembers him 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Played for a different club every season of his career. Total journeyman in South Korea now still only 31 🤣

Someone said he went onto better things 🙄

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Aye you’re right there, what kind of player does that 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤪🤦🏽?!?!

977333CD-8F21-4AA8-B6B9-736328C9D07E.jpeg

497B0B24-B63E-4712-BCA9-296164F7161A.jpeg

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, briever said:

Yes no-one remembers him 😂😂😂😂

Especially those that use his name 🤣

41 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Juanma was decent as well.  'Bob' decided to get shot of him and replace him with Connor Sammon.🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Bjorn wasn’t a waster and went on to much bigger things than us.

Could also question Juanma who we picked up free and scored 13 goals and Esmael Goncalves who scored 15 goals before we sold him and made a profit. Not as prolific as Shankland, but hardly wasters.

1 hour ago, skacel103 said:

That's what it's all about, travel the world, play fitbaw, get paid. Fair play to big Bjorn. 

18 minutes ago, savage said:

Huns are in for him apparently depending on what you believe

Couldn’t afford his wages/goal bonus never mind fee….queue a £500k bid incoming 

Our reply if/when they get in touch is simple -🖕

19 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Where you seeing that?

Nowhere because if it was a thing it would be all over the red tops.oh and they have about 20 strikers now . 

12 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

Couldn’t afford his wages/goal bonus never mind fee….queue a £500k bid incoming 

Our reply if/when they get in touch is simple -🖕

They guaranteed Europa league group football at worst last night.  That raised their guaranteed uefa income by circa £5m for the coming season I think. 

I don't believe it, they will offer Peanuts, we will tell them to bolt. I would always charge the huns, double the going rate 😁

The Huns lol is this the daily record news feed  not a chance in hell those twats are paying the going rate for shanks. Unless they were trying to offload  Kamara Wright and Lowry to us plus cash .  

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If he had taken pens he would have skooshed 25 in all probability 

Do you not remember Rudi’s penalty at Ayr 😂

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They guaranteed Europa league group football at worst last night.  That raised their guaranteed uefa income by circa £5m for the coming season I think. 

Precisely, we should not be looking at less that £5m for his fee alone, as pointed out by many his goals would be hard to replace, getting a few million is great yes but does anyone realistically think we will go buy a new striker for £1m plus (not forgetting the salary/bonuses that go with that fee)

Not a dig at you or your reply, just my opinion.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Juanma was decent as well.  'Bob' decided to get shot of him and replace him with Connor Sammon.🤣🤣🤣

Juanma took pelters from the hard of thinking but was a quality finisher.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Mental eh, still trying to replace Hartley ffs!

GorgieFifeLife
48 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Could also question Juanma who we picked up free and scored 13 goals and Esmael Goncalves who scored 15 goals before we sold him and made a profit. Not as prolific as Shankland, but hardly wasters.

Yes definitely not wasters as the poster describes. We have had some decent strikers who have not been as prolific as Shankland but made good contributions.  

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Juanma took pelters from the hard of thinking but was a quality finisher.

He was a loose cannon at times very huffy player as well and permanently offside 🤣

GorgieFifeLife
57 minutes ago, savage said:

Huns are in for him apparently depending on what you believe

How many strikers do they need?  They seem stacked in that department.  I don’t think we will sell to them.

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

👍bird in the hand and all that. If anyone offers us £2m plus for a player there’s no way we would say no unless there’s multiple clubs after the player.  Younger players would probably have sell-ons in the deal as well but at 28 that has no value. £2m is about 25%-30% of our annual player wage-bill. We could do a lot with that. 

Aye we could also get relegated. 

Take Shank's goals out the side in addition to losing Ginnelly and his goals and we are depending on an injury prone striker and a bunch of unproven new boys. 

Wish we could just concentrate on putting a winning team on the pitch. 

We sell out most games and raise money through hospitality and have benefactors there is no rush to sell players. 

5 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Wow! Just shows how easily influenced people can be. McAvoy puts his arm around him, your looking at a still from a video. 

Pathetic. 

Was obviously just a bit of a joke mate. :lol: I fell for it, but see the funny side. 

I was happy with the McAvoy interview about Shankland until he said that hopefully he will be leading the line tomorrow night. Hopefully! 

Trying to convince myself that hopefully just means he doesn't want to jinx him injury wise or doesn't want to give away the team selection. But I would be a lot happier if he hadn't said hopefully!

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Nah, McKay is only 4ft 11ins

Nah, that's a load of Maloney 😉

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Aye we could also get relegated. 

Take Shank's goals out the side in addition to losing Ginnelly and his goals and we are depending on an injury prone striker and a bunch of unproven new boys. 

Wish we could just concentrate on putting a winning team on the pitch. 

We sell out most games and raise money through hospitality and have benefactors there is no rush to sell players. 

All true but if the player wants to go and earn life changing sums of money in what is a short career, it's hard to stop them.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

They're both very small 😎

We better let Wee Lee be the judge of that 👍

5 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

GInnelly arguably the most recent example.

14 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

GInnelly arguably the most recent example.

For me the 2012 cup winning team and management. Think that was the single biggest loss we've had to endure. I know the reasons but was still gutting.

Hated losing Mcann / wee magic / Ritchie etc etc but the 2012 team for me.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, jtkb said:

He was a loose cannon at times very huffy player as well and permanently offside 🤣

He’d be onside way more now….

9 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Do you not remember Rudi’s penalty at Ayr 😂

I also remember his penalty at Hampden😂😂😂😂