BBC Presenter

Bauld

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

...of course I knew that....🤫

I'll just tuck that fact away in the old memory banks for later pub quiz use. 

Yes it’s certainly a regular pub question. Nearly slapped a few team Members who didn’t know the answer . And they were friends of Dorothy too😂

IMG_4423.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• hughesie27

• Unknown user

• Lone Striker

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I hadn't heard the phrase "friend of Dorothy" either - but I did know who Hedda Hopper was.  :smugger: 

Half a point 👍 

Japan Jambo

BBC reporting a story in 'The Sun' that the presenter in question broke Covid rules. That'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back then 🤣

Portable Badger

A question if I may  - 

Why are the likes of Vine coming out suggesting the presenter declare themselves “to save colleagues experiencing vitriol”?  

Surely everyone suspects who it is or are others being accused that they are just like this presenter as well? I don’t do other SM so I’m not seeing any of these comments or accusations on Twitter et al.

Edited by Portable Badger

9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The gays are that superficial they only speculate about the very handsome celebrities being a friend of Dorothy . Men like Henry Cavill Never heard any gay question Timothy Spalls sexuality 😂 😎

"The gays"

:cornette:

You've got some obsession. I dread to think what happened to you.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

"The gays"

It’s “ humour “ it’s spoofing how some homophobic people call gay people “ the gays “ ! Why would anything have happened to me ? What do you mean ? Elaborate 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Just now, kila said:

How can there be fresh claims from others about the anonymous man if he’s not been publicly named?

Others come to press, who all know who it is and if the name matches then they can add them to the list.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Like a game of cluedo 😳

th-673527656.jpg

Oh Lord has there been screwing allegations too ? 

10 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

They make over £1.5 Billion a year selling stuff to other countries.

The British public have been forced into paying to build a globally recognised brand.

If they can't survive without threatening old people, then tough.  It's supposed to be a free market.

Threatening old people ????. What's supposed to be a free market?
Without the BBC the TV industry would not have evolved so well.

Part of the problem with high salaries is that's the going rate, and if the BBC is to compete with other broadcasters then they need to pay similar.

BBC had the option to show major golf tournaments again, including just highlights on a cheaper deal, but opted not to, as they felt the audience was no longer interested in golf or something. I wonder who made that decision and based off what... this is the problem with the BBC, especially when they'll make sure they can showcase Wimbledon because it's something posh folk also watch.

I P Knightley
39 minutes ago, kila said:

How can there be fresh claims from others about the anonymous man if he’s not been publicly named?

37 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Others come to press, who all know who it is and if the name matches then they can add them to the list.

In producing the story, word gets around and rumours spread. This, in itself, stokes the fire for others to come forward with their stories about the rumoured people. So that narrows the field for the tabloid when matching names.

Another point is that these tabloids build dossiers on hundreds of 'celebrities', storing stuff for future use. Given The Sun's animosity towards the BBC, you could put a safe bet on them having something (however small or large) on everyone on that top 10 earners' list. So they'll pull out stuff about this presenter at intervals until either he or they are done for. 

Private Eye readers may well remember their story about what the Sun would call a 'debauched' party during lockdown, on the same night (I believe) as one of the Downing Street lockdown parties that led to prosecutions. The Sun was very quiet in covering the Downing St parties and prosecutions, partly through their weird support for Johnson, partly due to their own behaviour. 

Today's headline alleging a lockdown meeting between presenter and someone is hypocritical beyond belief. 

Meanwhile, Johnson still hasn't given up his phone or messages. 

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Part of the problem with high salaries is that's the going rate, and if the BBC is to compete with other broadcasters then they need to pay similar.

BBC had the option to show major golf tournaments again, including just highlights on a cheaper deal, but opted not to, as they felt the audience was no longer interested in golf or something. I wonder who made that decision and based off what... this is the problem with the BBC, especially when they'll make sure they can showcase Wimbledon because it's something posh folk also watch.

I was going to suggest that they hadn't gone for golf because it's such a middle class pastime. However, so's tennis but I suppose that the BBC has never given up Wimbledon so they aren't buying it back into the portfolio. They've bent over backwards to ensure that the tennis presentation team is 'politically correct', regardless of editorial quality. There'll be some right-on manager who's decided that golf just won't do. 

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Tbf,  their Open Championship coverage had become chronic before it ended.  

The Jazz Emu
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

"The gays"

He/She seems to know what he/she is talking about though.

henrysmithsgloves
54 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh Lord has there been screwing allegations too ? 

🤣🤣

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, C Moon said:

He/She seems to know what he/she is talking about though.

Oh I’m all man

IMG_5180.gif

2 hours ago, H2 said:

Threatening old people ????. What's supposed to be a free market?
Without the BBC the TV industry would not have evolved so well.

They threaten old people with fines if they don't pay for their license.

They are selling a product (TV Shows) worldwide in a free market.

Are you saying without the BBC, there would be no TV anywhere else in the world, or that Sky/BT wouldn't be able to charge £120 a month for subs?

Francis Albert

It is all getting a bit silly. The Telegraph has a half page pretty routine article about BBC salaries accompanied by a very large and prominent picture of Edwards in the centre surrounded by four smaller pictures of other high earners. Lineker, Shearer and so on.

Subtle it isn't.

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Tbf,  their Open Championship coverage had become chronic before it ended.  

Indeed.

The Monday finish at St Andrews being shoehorned in between homes under the hammer should have resulted in jail time for someone.

7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Still no name.

I can tell who it isnt. It absolutely NOT Amol Rajan thats for sure. 

i dont know if it has already been dicussed but i agree with richard bacons response to jeremy vines statement that the individual should come forward publicly. it does feel all vine is trying to do is look out for himself and not the accused and alleged victim(s)

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Surely this would've been more appropriate?

Brings back the raving days ! 😎🎶

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i dont know if it has already been dicussed but i agree with richard bacons response to jeremy vines statement that the individual should come forward publicly. it does feel all vine is trying to do is look out for himself and not the accused and alleged victim(s)

He’s a Horrible ^^^^

doctor jambo
17 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s a great tragedy in some ways if he is in the closet ? If only he had truly been his authentic self none of what is alleged to have happened would have happened. 

Maybe his authentic self is a sex creep who beats off to pics of much younger people with drug issues ?

Tired of everyone trotting out excuses.

Race/gender/sexuality / mental health

Everyone has an excuse for their god awful behaviour.

If you can lie to someone for all that time , firing out kids, leading her on then you are a selfish prick .

Or don’t be your authentic self, do what’s best for your kids.

That goes for scofield and that other welsh twat rugby guy that bravely came out , then bravely was a hero despite the impact on his family, then bravely infected someone with HIV

Brave and authentic, all of them 

Day@theraces

Still boggles my mind that Jeremy and Tim are brothers. One genuinely funny and the other the biggest square on telly.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Maybe his authentic self is a sex creep who beats off to pics of much younger people with drug issues ?

Tired of everyone trotting out excuses.

Race/gender/sexuality / mental health

If you can lie to someone for all that time , firing out kids, leading her on then you are a selfish prick .

Or don’t be your authentic self, do what’s best for your kids.

That goes for scofield and that other welsh twat rugby guy that bravely came out , then bravely was a hero despite the impact on his family, then bravely infected someone with HIV

Brave and authentic, all of them 

Yes maybe then maybe not . 

I suppose if you haven’t been in the closet and struggled with it then you won’t have much empathy . 

Gareth T is trash for what he did . No denying that .

28 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Brings back the raving days ! 😎🎶

Your raving days aren't finished just yet, methinks. 😎

Portable Badger
4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

They threaten old people with fines if they don't pay for their license.

They are selling a product (TV Shows) worldwide in a free market.

Are you saying without the BBC, there would be no TV anywhere else in the world, or that Sky/BT wouldn't be able to charge £120 a month for subs?

Old people have free licences

Why wouldn’t the BBC sell its programmes abroad? We have to pay foreign broadcasters to put foreign stuff on the BBC. Selling the programmes abroad generates hundreds of millions which go toward running costs and commissioning new dramas/shows. This keeps the price down.

As someone who has spent many years living and working abroad you very quickly realise the quality, impartiality and value of the BBC. Go live in the US - tv channels are expensive and utter shite. Trust me the first thing you do when you are abroad is to look up the BBC channels and internet. If & when Scotland gets independence I guarantee most of our tv programmes will still be provided by the BBC.

I genuinely believe there are still shiteloads of savings to be made at the BBC though -

1. one English game was on midweek so you had 5 Live with a radio comm team, Radio London with their comm team, Merseyside Radio with their comm team - all three providing live radio commentary plus you had a BBC team with cameras as part of their highlights.

2. You have the same duplication with all the Political journalists in Westminster and Holyrood with regional teams as well.

3.  BBC Scotland - latest figures out are a complete joke and an embarrassment - less than 12000 watching (less than 1% of the viewing population). It was stating some of the costs were triple those for rUK - just so we can say we have a Scottish Channel.

etc......

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Still boggles my mind that Jeremy and Tim are brothers. One genuinely funny and the other the biggest square on telly.

Same, like Paul and Jonathan Ross. I know Jonathan's a bit Marmite but I like him, while Paul's got Poundland quiz show presenter written through him like Blackpool rock.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Same, like Paul and Jonathan Ross. I know Jonathan's a bit Marmite but I like him, while Paul's got Poundland quiz show presenter written through him like Blackpool rock.

Paul's radio show is very good. 

35 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Jeremy Vine is NOT funny. 

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
39 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

What's your excuse...?

The Mighty Thor

Met have said there's no information to suggest a criminal offence been committed in the original complaint. 

:interehjrling: