Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I was against his appointment from the start. Sadly been proven right. We need a manager with some experience at least!

Proven right on what evidence ?

season isn't over yet, League Cup semi finalists too. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

10 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hmmm...

Sorry about that mate, my crystal ball must be broken.

You dug up that post from last season before a ball was even kicked in anger?  :cornette:

:vrface:

How ****ing easy do we make it for rookie managers and amateur coaches to get a top gig at a high level.

9 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Some of the comments about how things were going to go with our very own Alex Ferguson (I kid you not) at the helm are tremendous!  :vrface:

I will remind you that Alex Ferguson was almost hounded out of Man Utd when he first took the helm there.

Lost his first game, only had one away win and eventually finished 11th in the table.

Trouble today is that we have watched too many superstar managers in England and expect the same here. 

I'm not sure if Naismith will push us on, win a cup or finish third this season or not but lets give him a chance.

We have only played 9 games and we are still 4th plus a cup semi to look forward to.

I'm no happy clapper, there's 3 or 4 in the squad that should not be anywhere near Tynecastle in my opinion, but a 9 game run and 4th in the league is hardly relegation fodder.

People are making out like were setting the bar too high for Naismith, or expectation levels are unreasonable.

People just want to see a motivated group of players, that can compete and look like they understand the game plan. 

We're not seeing any of that. Not even the basics.

Dennis Reynolds
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You dug up that post from last season before a ball was even kicked in anger?  :cornette:

Didn't need to be mystic meg to know that prediction was going to be pish :rofl:

This must go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by a board of Heart of Midlothian football club,for a club of our size and historical significance it beggars belief 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This must go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by a board of Heart of Midlothian football club,for a club of our size and historical significance it beggars belief 

It’s so depressing and embarrassing.

How the Board expected this to work is laughable.

Very amateurish to say the least.

Glamorgan Jambo

A couple of years ago when McCulloch and Forrest both had Covid Naismith sat beside Robbie on the bench at that plastic pitch in Livingston.

Can’t remember what change was made but after 30 minutes Robbie hooked a player and we changed shape. After much pointing and suggestions from Naismith. At that point I guessed Naismith could clearly see how to make effective switches mid game. We went on to win a horrible game 1-0 a result that pretty much any team would take away against a Martindale side.

I don’t know what has happened but our in game tactical switches are rare and often poor these days (subbing on Beni instead of Grant for Lowry in the derby for example). I guess that sadly it looks like the step up to head coach is either too much or too soon for Naismith. We are tactically clueless.

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yep, people revelling in SN being not working out.

:cornette:   

On 03/06/2023 at 14:24, mitch41 said:

Let’s cut out the crap Hearts and give the Hearts support the man they want as manager. Naismith is by far the man that is wanted as manager so there would be no one to blame if it went wrong but our fans. But the fans are better judges than anyone else associated with Hearts so my message to the Board and Ann Budge, McKinley, Savage & Gordon our Kitman is Get On With It.

On 03/06/2023 at 15:47, mitch41 said:

Levein wanted Cathro most fans only heard about this guy through CL. Stendel was a lot better than Levein and he was on track to get us out of Levein’s mess when Covid ended the league. Yes Stendel did well in the time he was at Hearts coming in cold as he did. The best decision for Hearts is Naisy not some name who flits from one job to another.

On 03/06/2023 at 15:50, mitch41 said:

Naismith can make Hearts great again that means playing attractive, attacking football and winning trophies. Isn’t that what we all want ?

Yowzers Mitch . Hindsight and all that eh ? Eek

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s so depressing and embarrassing.

How the Board expected this to work is laughable.

Very amateurish to say the least.

Yes mate I feel our club is becoming the laughing stock of Scottish football with these cretins in charge, I can’t see how this can be fixed unless there is a total clear out of the board . We need more football minded people on the board not Savage though I feel this muppet has to much influence in the boardroom, it’s no accident that the fraction between the board and the fans has got worse since he arrived and 70% of the players he’s brought to the club are dugmeat , Yes this club needs cleared out from Budge right down to Fox who’s probably waiting to be called up next

44 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

A couple of years ago when McCulloch and Forrest both had Covid Naismith sat beside Robbie on the bench at that plastic pitch in Livingston.

Can’t remember what change was made but after 30 minutes Robbie hooked a player and we changed shape. After much pointing and suggestions from Naismith. At that point I guessed Naismith could clearly see how to make effective switches mid game. We went on to win a horrible game 1-0 a result that pretty much any team would take away against a Martindale side.

I don’t know what has happened but our in game tactical switches are rare and often poor these days (subbing on Beni instead of Grant for Lowry in the derby for example). I guess that sadly it looks like the step up to head coach is either too much or too soon for Naismith. We are tactically clueless.

Yeah, I’ve said elsewhere, I think the board have let Naismith down here (by appointing him too soon and unprepared for a top flight club).I like him and still think he could have a role with Hearts, but this is not doing his managerial career any good. 

I would like to see an experienced manager come in with Naismith as one of his coaches - so he can learn, get his badges and then (even with us) make the step up. 

Actually feeling very sorry for him at the minute. The board have made a big mistake here IMO. 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Didn't need to be mystic meg to know that prediction was going to be pish :rofl:

Really? Whats the lotto numbers this weekend then???

We_are_the_Hearts
On 23/09/2023 at 17:02, Buster HMFC said:

You're wrong mate. These bunch of wanks we call Hearts players will empty any new manager

This is where I am at, we are in danger of becoming Hibs and just sacking managers while sticking by the same soft players who keep letting us down.

12 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, I’ve said elsewhere, I think the board have let Naismith down here (by appointing him too soon and unprepared for a top flight club).I like him and still think he could have a role with Hearts, but this is not doing his managerial career any good. 

I would like to see an experienced manager come in with Naismith as one of his coaches - so he can learn, get his badges and then (even with us) make the step up. 

Actually feeling very sorry for him at the minute. The board have made a big mistake here IMO. 

Isn't that what the spoofer McAvoy is supposed to be?

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I will remind you that Alex Ferguson was almost hounded out of Man Utd when he first took the helm there.

Lost his first game, only had one away win and eventually finished 11th in the table.

Trouble today is that we have watched too many superstar managers in England and expect the same here. 

I'm not sure if Naismith will push us on, win a cup or finish third this season or not but lets give him a chance.

We have only played 9 games and we are still 4th plus a cup semi to look forward to.

I'm no happy clapper, there's 3 or 4 in the squad that should not be anywhere near Tynecastle in my opinion, but a 9 game run and 4th in the league is hardly relegation fodder.

The Alex Ferguson who had won 3 Scottish League titles, 4 Scottish Cups, 1 Scottish League Cup, 1 European Cup Winners Cup and 1 Super Cup........that Alex Ferguson! 

I don't know one Hearts fan who expects a "superstar manager". One who had managed some first team football managers even at Scottish League level would be preferable however! 

1 minute ago, briever said:

Isn't that what the spoofer McAvoy is supposed to be?

Who knows mate!?… but let’s be honest, I’d doubt McAvoy would be near the top of any managerial list for a top flight managers position. That set up is fine for 4/5th tier, managing the youths. Definitely not for the Prem. But you’re probably right, this was probably their thinking. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

The Alex Ferguson who had won 3 Scottish League titles, 4 Scottish Cups, 1 Scottish League Cup, 1 European Cup Winners Cup and 1 Super Cup........that Alex Ferguson! 

I don't know one Hearts fan who expects a "superstar manager". One who had managed some first team football managers even at Scottish League level would be preferable however! 

I didn't mention Alex Ferguson. You did. My point was his start wasn't great either. We cant afford an Alex Ferguson and most of the people who voted in the JKB poll wanted Neilson out and Naismith in. Its only 9 games in. Lets at least give him a bit more time before we string him up. If we finish in the bottom 6 or whatever I will be at the front of the queue screaming for his head.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I didn't mention Alex Ferguson. You did. My point was his start wasn't great either. We cant afford an Alex Ferguson and most of the people who voted in the JKB poll wanted Neilson out and Naismith in. Its only 9 games in. Lets at least give him a bit more time before we string him up. If we finish in the bottom 6 or whatever I will be at the front of the queue screaming for his head.

Lol whoosh!  I mentioned him because I was taking the piss out of posters on this very thread who back in the summer were suggesting and using Alex Ferguson as an example of what Naismith was going to be for us. That was laughable as has already been proven. So nah, **** that, he's getting no time to finish in the bottom 6. He was completely the wrong appointment, totally unnecessary on the part of the board and yet another mistake. He had a golden opportunity to hit the ground running this season and has royally messed that up and coupled with another shan looking transfer window from whoever is actually responsible for player recruitment - given Mr Potato Head's latest comments, apparently nobody, then the latest experiment has already failed. So many fans are sick to the back teeth of the lot of them as was evidenced by the swathes of empty seats on Sunday, in all stands, and will be even more apparent next midweek.

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Lol whoosh!  I mentioned him because I was taking the piss out of posters on this very thread who back in the summer were suggesting and using Alex Ferguson as an example of what Naismith was going to be for us. That was laughable as has already been proven. So nah, **** that, he's getting no time to finish in the bottom 6. He was completely the wrong appointment, totally unnecessary on the part of the board and yet another mistake. He had a golden opportunity to hit the ground running this season and has royally messed that up and coupled with another shan looking transfer window from whoever is actually responsible for player recruitment - given Mr Potato Head's latest comments, apparently nobody, then the latest experiment has already failed. So many fans are sick to the back teeth of the lot of them as was evidenced by the swathes of empty seats on Sunday, in all stands, and will be even more apparent next midweek.

Opinions eh?

He's not going anywhere soon is the facts. I hope he does well and if he doesn't, he wont be here.

Edited by Pans Jambo

12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

But you're forgetting that Ferguson was sacked by East Stirling, got the St.Mirren job then went on to Aberdeen where he had success and all the time gaining more and more experience showing that he could cope with issues and eventually get success. That is why the MUFC Board stuck by him, his track record. SN has no track record, no experience. Massive difference.

Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If it's true that our Board gauged the concensus on this poll to make this decision then that is absolutely amateur stuff,tin pot of the likes of Arniston Rangwrs would do.

Too far LB, Arniston Rangers are far better at choosing managers and coaches. 

4 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Would love to ask the board why they felt the need to contract him until 2025? We really are run by morons. 

They have to back him. They can't say we're only going to give you 6 months as we think you'll be shit.

2 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

But you're forgetting that Ferguson was sacked by East Stirling, got the St.Mirren job then went on to Aberdeen where he had success and all the time gaining more and more experience showing that he could cope with issues and eventually get success. That is why the MUFC Board stuck by him, his track record. SN has no track record, no experience. Massive difference.

But still, most wanted Naismith...

He's here now and he's not getting sacked this week is he?

1 minute ago, TallPaul said:

Would love to ask the board why they felt the need to contract him until 2025? We really are run by morons. 

The kind of thing I expect from this church committee. You give an in demand manager with a proven cv a long contract, not a rookie with no one sniffing around him, everything to prove and without even the full qualifications to do the job.

This decision would never have been made if someone at the top had their own money to lose and working in fear of losing their job due to failure. It is the decision that is made when unconditional free money flows in from all directions and everyone in the building are BFFs.

**** my piss is at boiling point with this hippy commune.

Budge GTF!

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If we lose by 5/6 in Glasgow on Sunday and fail to beat Livi at home, (which is a distinct possibility).. 👀 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You're right on both counts. The vast majority were taken in by a slight improvement in form and much talk from him. These people must be a politicians dream, so easily taken in. Sacked that won't happen until after the transfer window which would be par for the course.

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I hope not, as that will mean further decline.

I was vocal in wanting Levein, Cathro and Neilson out.

I am not there yet with Naismith.

We need to hit regular good form though.

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

If we lose by 5/6 in Glasgow on Sunday and fail to beat Livi at home, (which is a distinct possibility).. 👀 

I would never say never Matty. I will hope we give a good account of ourselves in Glasgow and beat Livi at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

I hope not, as that will mean further decline.

I was vocal in wanting Levein, Cathro and Neilson out.

I am not there yet with Naismith.

We need to hit regular good form though.

Indeed.

13 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

They have to back him. They can't say we're only going to give you 6 months as we think you'll be shit.

After having made one of their most stupid decisions in giving RN a 3 year extension along with the other 2, the should have been a bit more cautious given his lack of experience and offered him a 1 year rolling contract. But hey ho, they know best. It's just an endless list of poor, stupid and late decisions.

Edited by Nerja Jambo

For a minute when I seen this thread at the top I thought it was saying have all been sacked. 

Getting my hopes up for nothing 

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

Proven right on what evidence ?

season isn't over yet, League Cup semi finalists too. 

on the evidence in front of our eyes

1 minute ago, Nerja Jambo said:

After having made one of their most stupid decisions in giving RN a 3 year extension along with the other 2, the should have shown a bit more cautious and offered him a 1 year rolling contract. But hey ho, they know best. 

I totally agree, they're absolutely hopeless.

The three year extension for RN was an appalling decision. Based on nothing other than her personal feelings towards him.

33 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Maybe the FOH will do it on our behalf 🙄

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The kind of thing I expect from this church committee. You give an in demand manager with a proven cv a long contract, not a rookie with no one sniffing around him, everything to prove and without even the full qualifications to do the job.

This decision would never have been made if someone at the top had their own money to lose and working in fear of losing their job due to failure. It is the decision that is made when unconditional free money flows in from all directions and everyone in the building are BFFs.

**** my piss is at boiling point with this hippy commune.

Budge GTF!

I do agree with your post - but for a different reason. I think if it was their own money, they would be more likely to take a ‘chance’. I mean, look at the ‘safe’, ‘already known’ approach they’ve taken - Levein, Neilson and now Naismith. 

The only chance they’ve taken is Stendal, and I don’t care what anyone thinks, he wasn’t given a fair kick-at-the-ball (whether he was the right or wrong choice). The first chance the board got an inkling RN would come back, he was emptied in favour of their ‘safe’ pair of hands, yet again. 

I agree with your first para though. 

29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I would never say never Matty. I will hope we give a good account of ourselves in Glasgow and beat Livi at Tynecastle.

I genuinely think we will get absolutely hammered on Sunday. As for next Wednesday night, I think we will struggle to break Livi down. If that transpires, coupled with all of our poor performances and results this season, I think the fans who actually attend Tynecastle (plenty won’t I suspect) will make their feelings very well known to the posh seats in the Main stand 😳

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The problem isn't Naismith, and if he does go you will see that.

who is it?

our Sporting Director?

1 hour ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Think it was Bobby Charlton who was on the board that prevented him from being sacked.

22 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

who is it?

our Sporting Director?

You can decide that mate.

Respect your opinion.

But sometimes it best to sit back reflect and look at the whole situation.

My advice.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Thunder and Lightning
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You can decide that mate.

Respect your opinion.

But sometimes it best to sit back reflect and look at the whole situation.

My advice.

Do you know something or are you surmising? 

Italian Lambretta
9 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Anyone who was in Greece could see for themselves who calls the shots at the club. Nothing will change until we actually get a CEO with a track record of running football clubs.

16 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Look at the whole footballing operation mate,when a manager comes in he wants his backroom staff,look at Hibs for example they appointed Montgomerys men,it's standard practice,infact what we have done is quite frankly tinpot.

Exactly the same under Stendel, dribs and drabs.

It's like appointing someone random to be assistant to you, people naturally work and have better relationships with people they can trust and know.

Why is McAvoy assistant ? Why is Forrest still here ? There's only one reason? Why was Naismith given the job? Think about it.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Thunder and Lightning
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Look at the whole footballing operation mate,when a manager comes in he wants his backroom staff,look at Hibs for example they appointed Montgomerys men,it's standard practice,infact what we have done is quite frankly tinpot.

It's like appointing someone random to be assistant to you, people natural work and have better relationships with people they can trust and know.

Why is McAvoy assistant ? Why is Forrest still here ? There's only one reason? Why was Naismith given the job? Think about it.

I knew it, its Pressley isn't it!

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's like appointing someone random to be assistant to you, people naturally work and have better relationships with people they can trust and know.

See instead of "Think about it," how about you just articulate your accusations clearly and concisely so we all know exactly what we're talking about.

Why does this need layers of innuendo?