Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Always go into a new season positive , I'm sure everything will click into place

I'm the same. I do think it could be an exciting season, think our style will be like by fans. I think we will see a few youngsters break through and surprise people. And I think we will do well. I think once we get a couple of decent signings, people on here will generally be more happy.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm the same. I do think it could be an exciting season, think our style will be like by fans. I think we will see a few youngsters break through and surprise people. And I think we will do well. I think once we get a couple of decent signings, people on here will generally be more happy.

Doubt that. Place is hoaching with negativity/eejits who dont go to games but sit here day after day and spout nonsense 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

Doubt that. Place is hoaching with negativity/eejits who dont go to games but sit here day after day and spout nonsense 

True, but some good news means that they have much less people going along with them so means they become more isolated and easily ignored.

Wonder what the script is with caretaker managers for Uefa competitions. Whether you get dispensation or if they still have to have the licenses.

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

... And what is your evidence for this statement?

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

New coaching team;

1. Steven Naismith.

2. Frankie McAvoy.

3. Gordon Forrest.

4. Paul Gallagher.(gk coach)

5. Liam Fox.

All the new coaching team were already in the building except Liam Fox.

New Signings;

Zero.

Out Goings;

Robbie Neilson. (Sacked)

Lee Mcculloch. (Sacked)

Stephen Humphrys.(loan ended)

Robert Snodgrass.

James Hill.(loan ended)

Garang Kuol.(loan ended)

Michael Smith.

Gary Mackay Steven.

Ross Stewart.

Euan Henderson.

Josh Ginnelly.

Orestis Kiomourtzoglou.

Cammy Logan.

Aaron Darge.

Scott McGill.

Tick tock::troll:: 

Bazzas right boot

Maybe we have a plan.

Caretakers are allowed 12 weeks. 

Maybe we'll ufusshully  replace McAvoy with Naismith and then in 12 weeks stick someone else in as manager and then rinse and repeat after a week.

download (2).jpeg

On 10/07/2023 at 10:00, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Decent article, in contrast to the 'Scotsman' crap:

One missing coaching qualification is currently stopping Steven Naismith from donning a manager’s hat.

But the former Scotland striker insists he has no regrets over shelving badges in favour of caps and hanging his shirt in the SFA Hall of Fame.

Naismith can’t become the boss at Hearts until he’s passed his pro licence. That’s what the blazers at UEFA dictate and he accepts it as he assumes the role of Tynecastle technical director with Frankie McAvoy assuming the frontman role in the management team. But the 36-year-old - who won the last of his 51 Scotland caps four years ago - reckons the two-year process should be more flexible especially for players who want to become coaches but still have a foot in international football.

Naismith certainly isn’t taking a back seat as the Jambos go through their paces in the searing heat of Marbella. But the qualifications will have to wait for now as the former Rangers and Everton striker gets to work alongside McAvoy and coach Gordon Forrest in shaping Hearts for the new season ahead.

He said: “From playing at the highest level and being an international player I have found the badges challenging. Not in terms of doing them - I really enjoy them and think there’s value in doing them. But the process of doing them is definitely not suited to international footballers.

“So you either try and do them earlier and compromise your level of playing - I was an international up until the last year of my contract, which would make this opportunity easily viable for me. If not you are then having to play catch-up. Now I understand these are all here to give you as much exposure and learning before you go into a job.

“But football in general is not perfect. I think the process could be changed to offer routes for everyone rather than ‘this is it’.

“But listen, it’s the situation we’re in and we have dealt with it.

“I definitely don’t have regrets because I wouldn’t have reached 50 caps if I had done that.

“I did my B Licence when I was playing at Everton. On the coaching course you’d be told that a session should be designed in a certain or specific way.

“But David Moyes or Roberto Martinez would do it a different way.

“Now there’s no right or wrong, but I found myself losing slight focus on what I was actually doing.

“And that’s why I decided to do my B Licence and then wait until I retired before doing my other badges.”

McAvoy has already made clear that he will be calling the shots when the season gets underway against St Johnstone early next month.

But when it comes to recruitment Naismith will take the lead along with sporting director Joe Savage.

It’s an arrangement he insists will continue the progress that started when they took interim charge following Robbie Neilson’s sacking in April.

He said: “From day one we have worked as a team.

“I’m not naive enough to think I know everything.

“Frankie has loads of experience, so has Gordon.

“And we’re fortunate it has clicked really well and everyone has their own bit they are strong at.

“That’s the way we worked before. I personally enjoy environments like that.

“The biggest thing we have done is everyone has an opinion, and if you have an option to make us better, voice it.

“We’ll then decide if it’s a good idea or not. It’s been like that since day one.

“The final say will be Frankie. The bottom line is it will be.

“To date it has never come up where someone’s opinion has been so strong.

“We’re very much the same.

“When it comes down to the squad and the team that’s Frankie.

“In terms of recruitment and things like that it’ll be me.”

The management team might only have had seven games as interim bosses last season but there was no hanging about with their change in style as they chase after third spot and a place in the Conference League group stage.

An aggressive frontfoot philosophy which will underpin their approach and Naismith and McAvoy will not compromise.

He said: “Without a doubt, that’s the only way I want to coach.

“It’s the only way I feel you get long term success - if you have a clear identity.

“We want to win games and be on the front foot. Of course there’s times you need to be compact like at Ibrox when we get a one goal lead and they’ve gone forward and we need to be good at defending and be really good on the ball.

“We’ve shown that in good spells. Now it’s about progressing that and believing in it.

“You need the right players, coaches and thought processes.”

• 2 weeks later...

It was then put to Naismith whether things would change if Hearts go out of Europe as they bid for the Europa Conference League group stages, or if these are roles set in stone. The 39-year-old said: "It is something we have spoken about and for the longer term thing, there could be changes.

I for one, am shocked at this potential scenario 😏

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

It was then put to Naismith whether things would change if Hearts go out of Europe as they bid for the Europa Conference League group stages, or if these are roles set in stone. The 39-year-old said: "It is something we have spoken about and for the longer term thing, there could be changes.

I for one, am shocked at this potential scenario 😏

McAvoy has a really bemused look on his face.

Nice bit of clickbait from the Record. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

McAvoy has a really bemused look on his face.

Nice bit of clickbait from the Record. 

😂 Here’s the actual video 

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Jesus. They’ve had six weeks to get their story straight. Is that genuinely the best they can do?

Been said already but if we’re winning games of football, all will be fine. If we’re not, this set up will be afforded far less time to turn things round than most others. That interview made for uncomfortable viewing.

14 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely no surprises here, I've no idea why 'fans' can't digest this, I'm sure the honking posters will be all over this.  The "But but but" Brigade.

2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Been said already but if we’re winning games of football, all will be fine. If we’re not, this set up will be afforded far less time to turn things round than most others. That interview made for uncomfortable viewing.

That’s basically it, win games and nothing will be said…couple of defeats and pressure on straight away 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, RDSK said:

That’s all it is though. An interview. 

If there was a mess being made behind the scenes of who’s actually in charge then do you think we’d be able to sign 2 senior pros and 1 up and comer? All 3 of which have put their trust in Naismith and FM? 

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That’s all it is though. An interview. 

If there was a mess being made behind the scenes of who’s actually in charge then do you think we’d be able to sign 2 senior pros and 1 up and comer? All 3 of which have put their trust in Naismith and FM? 

Yep it’s obviously a fair point to ask how much does all this really matter. Us on the outside thinking it’s a ****show - not everyone does - doesn’t change a whole lot. But as we’ve seen with 2 out of our last 3 managers, fans voice their concerns when the team isn't producing results and that, in turn, makes Tynecastle an incredibly difficult place to be if you’re a hearts manager or player. The feeling is that toxic environment will come sooner than it might have done, given the unorthodox nature of our set up at the moment, if the team don’t start well.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Yep it’s obviously a fair point to ask how much does all this really matter. Us on the outside thinking it’s a ****show - not everyone does - doesn’t change a whole lot. But as we’ve seen with 2 out of our last 3 managers, fans voice their concerns when the team isn't producing results and that, in turn, makes Tynecastle an incredibly difficult place to be if you’re a hearts manager or player. The feeling is that toxic environment will come sooner than it might have done, given the unorthodox nature of our set up at the moment, if the team don’t start well.

I’m almost certain that Istanbul had to do the same thing (I could be wrong) last season in the groups. Emre was on the touchline but I don’t think he did the media, and I’m not entirely sure he was listed as head coach either. 

30 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Absolutely no surprises here, I've no idea why 'fans' can't digest this, I'm sure the honking posters will be all over this.  The "But but but" Brigade.

Digest what? That McAvoy picks the team?

BackOfTheNet
34 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Yeah, I genuinely don’t know why so many have an issue with this

Edited by BackOfTheNet

HEARTS FOREVER

Like two school laddies being questioned by the teacher…….who shat on the floor? 🤣

Ridiculous Patter. 

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

Dennis Reynolds

It's tinpot as ****. I'd prefer we just took the fine.

Edit. I'd actually prefer we just hired a qualified manager.

Edited by Dennis Reynolds

Nucky Thompson

Surely the dimwits can work out what's happening behind the scenes :lol:

We're in Europe and Naisy doesn't have the badges

The media and thick Hearts fans are going to ask the same questions and they're going to get the same answer until we're out of Europe 

Jambof3tornado

Wasnt on board at first but love Naisys attitude and desire.

We're simply playing the game with regards the setup,everyone knows Naisy us in charge.

Folk need to chillax.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The media and thick Hearts fans are going to ask the same questions and they're going to get the same answer until we're out of Europe 

This.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Shambles. 

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yeah, its just not a very good position to be in. Would even be better just claiming Frankie is the manager and Naismith is there to help in a technical capacity. 

Ange didn't have his badges either though did he? IIRC he needed the UEFA ones, and didn't have them or something? - What did Celtic do to get round that?

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don’t really buy this ‘surely everyone can work out what’s happening behind the scenes.

Yes everyone can. The point of contention has never been that people don’t want Frankie McAvoy as the manager, because we all know he isn’t. It’s that it all has the look of being very amateur. As I’ve said, the degree to which that matters is up for debate.

BackOfTheNet

Genuinely is no different to how they were doing it towards the end of last season. I’m amazed so many are getting into a tizzy over this.

And not just our own fans, plenty comments under those videos saying we’ll be heading for bottom 6 or relegation. Absolutely fine by me to be written off to be honest, we’re better when underestimated.

EDIT: Prime example…

Edited by BackOfTheNet

KyleLafferty

Can’t wait to get it up every hearts fan that thinks this is a shambles and every other club. Frankie is near enough laughing when he says he picks the team 😂

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Genuinely is no different to how they were doing it towards the end of last season. I’m amazed so many are getting into a tizzy over this.

And not just our own fans, plenty comments under those videos saying we’ll be heading for bottom 6 or relegation. Absolutely fine by me to be written off to be honest, we’re better when underestimated.

I mean he's literally said in the video it is different. "The only difference is when there's a difference of opinion on the team, I'll make that decision".

That's a pretty substantial difference, no?

So Naismith has to pick the same team as FM or he gets (or can be) overruled.

Edited by Taffin

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People either don't have the intelligence to work out the obvious, which is fair enough, not their fault or just like moaning like **** all the time or are simply trolls

Nothing has changed is the key statement, all the bullshit about FM picking the side, having the final say, is just a front for the media. 

Naismith is the only manager, he makes all the decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I mean he's literally said in the video it is different. "The only difference is when there's a difference of opinion on the team, I'll make that decision".

Or they have to pretend Frankie is in charge which started with him being announced as Head Coach and now that ruse must continue.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

not-sure-if-trolling-718x523.jpg

KyleLafferty
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Naisy picks the team, zero doubts about that.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Or they have to pretend Frankie is in charge which started with him being announced as Head Coach and now that ruse must continue.

Yeh, we know. However those saying that video shows that, and that it's no different to last season are wrong...he literally says the opposite to what we all know. I know he has to do it, but don't then try and use that video to show it's actually really clear 

Edited by Taffin

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh, we know. However those saying that video shows that, and that it's no different to last season are wrong...he literally says the opposite to what we all know. I know he has to do it, but don't then try and use that video to show it's actually really clear 

I'm not using the video to say it's clear. It was clear to me after the video, it was clear to me on the day they were appointed and it was clear to me every day in between.

You say they have to do it which is correct, so if you know that then, no disrespect, but where's the discussion?

Look, if you apply the "what would we say if it was another team" scenario we'd be calling it tinpot.

I think everyone knows the reality of the actual situation but the optics aren't great.

I suppose it does mean that they stand and fall together as a team and we're not going to have a scenario where results are poor, the head coach is sacked and the assistant steps in.

Edited by Costanza

gordiegords

Going to funny if we start the league on fire but go out of Europe as expected then change the setup and folk moan about “why change it when it’s working” 🤣

Luckies1874

:rofl:

If we start the season well none of this will be an issue. If we start the season badly God help them.

It's pretty clear what's going on, where I have a problem is the likes of Andrew McKinlay talking about how we want to be seen as a club, "our status as a club", and then we look like this, which is frankly not a positive. 

But it's results that will determine how this goes and Naismith and McAvoy will know that so the pressures on, which is most definitely a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm not using the video to say it's clear. It was clear to me after the video, it was clear to me on the day they were appointed and it was clear to me every day in between.

You say they have to do it which is correct, so if you know that then, no disrespect, but where's the discussion?

I know you didn't. Others did suggesting the video makes it obvious and that it's the same as last year, which I commented on to say it video is quite literally saying something else...that the person picking the team is different from last year.

I get (and don't agree with buts that's another discussion) the situation, I'm just saying that video adds absolutely no clarity as to the real situation. 

Cambo_Jambo

I've no clue how we've managed to make this very simple, administrative fudge, a whole 'thing.'

Like, we all know who is in charge, even the pearl clutchers, professionally affronted and Hibbee interlopers on this forum know the score. We've just managed to communicate it and manage it in such a poor way, the club looks daft.