Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

It's mental and I can't believe more isn't being said about THAT.  That's the issue, not us skirting it, or whatever.

Ok, at laptop now! Anecdote! 

JJ/Hearts sent John McGlynn to do his UEFA pro back in the day.  This would be around the time of the school teacher brigade, Roxburgh etc, and I can't remember the name of the bloke who ran the course at the time.  But basically towards the end of the course, John found out he was due to be failed!!  Now, he's on the course being shown how to do things alongside amateurs, by a guy who himself is technically an amateur coach or at least part-time.  Most of what he was being shown was heehaw like how we would train our professional players etc.  JJ got wind of this and got on the phone to the guy and tore strips off him.  "You're telling me, a professional coach, whose youth team have just won XYZ, and who has produced this list of players for my first team canny pass you shitey wee course... just try and fail him and you'll have me to deal wi etc etc etc...."!

John got his certificate.

Now the thing is, not much has actually changed.  It's an expensive, arduous tick-box excercise which takes guys out of their day-jobs and for a lot of bloke teaches them nothing.  Naismith has said it and I've seen others say it.  It can be very difficult to do the course alongside still playing fulltime at a good level.  Other than the time commitment, Naisy actually said he felt it distracted his focus when he did his initial courses at Everton as he was learning things which weren't what he was doing in practice each day.  Now that won't be the case for everyone, but the fact is it's now mightily difficult for a professional football to go straight in to management, whether they're ready or not, they need this shitty piece of paper.

I'm not belittling the course, really I'm not, I'm sure there is value in the learning - I'm a massive one on training for the sake of knowledge in all fields.  I'm sure it's well run etc etc - but it's also just actually a school of thought.  Making it mandatory with punishment attached and terms such as "shadow coaching" are hugely archaic and highly typical of the way football is governed both in Scotland but unfortunately by the larger governing bodies too.

So having a go at Hearts?  Na.  No way.  We decided Naisy is the guy who will drive our success.  Whether we're right or not is irrelevant.  He's the guy we want.  A bit of ****ing paper saying he's been shown by a grown-up how to set his drills up shouldn't dictate that choice in any way shape or form.  There are important bits of paper such as PVGs etc if he's working with kids, young people or vulnerable adults etc, and people in football should need these sorts of things where relevant.  But your 25 metre coaching badge sewn on your training top by your mum to be able to coach Hearts?  Eff the eff off.

Not a Hearts problem.

Pretty much what I said when we appointed him.

It's another scam by UEFA to control European football.  You need a license from them to validate their competitions, meaning they are the monopoly.

Yes, there needs to be something to stop owners just making their sons the manager etc...  but the current license system is just in place to suit OOFA.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

47 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Another vote for Marti, us “Marti in” supporters are playing the long game, believe 

😂

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

It's mental and I can't believe more isn't being said about THAT.  That's the issue, not us skirting it, or whatever.

Ok, at laptop now! Anecdote! 

JJ/Hearts sent John McGlynn to do his UEFA pro back in the day.  This would be around the time of the school teacher brigade, Roxburgh etc, and I can't remember the name of the bloke who ran the course at the time.  But basically towards the end of the course, John found out he was due to be failed!!  Now, he's on the course being shown how to do things alongside amateurs, by a guy who himself is technically an amateur coach or at least part-time.  Most of what he was being shown was heehaw like how we would train our professional players etc.  JJ got wind of this and got on the phone to the guy and tore strips off him.  "You're telling me, a professional coach, whose youth team have just won XYZ, and who has produced this list of players for my first team canny pass you shitey wee course... just try and fail him and you'll have me to deal wi etc etc etc...."!

John got his certificate.

Now the thing is, not much has actually changed.  It's an expensive, arduous tick-box excercise which takes guys out of their day-jobs and for a lot of bloke teaches them nothing.  Naismith has said it and I've seen others say it.  It can be very difficult to do the course alongside still playing fulltime at a good level.  Other than the time commitment, Naisy actually said he felt it distracted his focus when he did his initial courses at Everton as he was learning things which weren't what he was doing in practice each day.  Now that won't be the case for everyone, but the fact is it's now mightily difficult for a professional football to go straight in to management, whether they're ready or not, they need this shitty piece of paper.

I'm not belittling the course, really I'm not, I'm sure there is value in the learning - I'm a massive one on training for the sake of knowledge in all fields.  I'm sure it's well run etc etc - but it's also just actually a school of thought.  Making it mandatory with punishment attached and terms such as "shadow coaching" are hugely archaic and highly typical of the way football is governed both in Scotland but unfortunately by the larger governing bodies too.

So having a go at Hearts?  Na.  No way.  We decided Naisy is the guy who will drive our success.  Whether we're right or not is irrelevant.  He's the guy we want.  A bit of ****ing paper saying he's been shown by a grown-up how to set his drills up shouldn't dictate that choice in any way shape or form.  There are important bits of paper such as PVGs etc if he's working with kids, young people or vulnerable adults etc, and people in football should need these sorts of things where relevant.  But your 25 metre coaching badge sewn on your training top by your mum to be able to coach Hearts?  Eff the eff off.

Not a Hearts problem.

Spot on, I don’t think JJ ever had any of these badges 🤷🏾‍♂️?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, I don’t think JJ ever had any of these badges 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Be surprised.  Imagine him on the course!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Be surprised.  Imagine him on the course!

Some unknown SFA type trying to tell him how to motivate a team etc 😆

Neverforgetfiveone
5 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I must admit I liked the change to the players when Naismith was put in charge 😃 one thing thank fekk he's no cathro! ❤️❤️G❤️

Cannae even switch the lap top on 😂😂

I see Frankie is 7/1 and 3rd favourite to be the 1st manager sacked. I'm assuming they think he'll step aside as soon as we're out of Europe. 

If that was the case, would Naisy have to start the course before next season to avoid all these shenanigans next year? 

37 minutes ago, Norm said:

I see Frankie is 7/1 and 3rd favourite to be the 1st manager sacked. I'm assuming they think he'll step aside as soon as we're out of Europe. 

If that was the case, would Naisy have to start the course before next season to avoid all these shenanigans next year? 

Starts the course in January going by someone who seems to be ITK on here. Can't remember which FA, might be the Irish one? Once he's completed over 50% of (18 month?) course I imagine UEFA will be more likely to grant special dispensation.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Looks like the fitness guy Mikey Williams - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/first-team-coaching-staff

Ah, thank you.

At first glance I thought it was Gino and got all excited - managed to convince myself the deal to Swansea had fallen through, he’d come back to us, and this was actually a sneaky reveal video 🫤

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Heart&soul said:

Ah, thank you.

At first glance I thought it was Gino and got all excited - managed to convince myself the deal to Swansea had fallen through, he’d come back to us, and this was actually a sneaky reveal video 🫤

😐

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, kila said:

Starts the course in January going by someone who seems to be ITK on here. Can't remember which FA, might be the Irish one? Once he's completed over 50% of (18 month?) course I imagine UEFA will be more likely to grant special dispensation.

gerrard got UEFA dispensation for being already on english FA course, which takes 18 months to complete, in full

4 hours ago, Heart&soul said:

Hoping my memory isn’t shot - but who is this from the darts video? 🤔

BC6FEEB9-6BA2-4DC3-9018-554C19268775.png

That’s Benzema

been here before

More email high jinks from the throbbers...

MartinDonegan 01:01 PM Yesterday
Just emailed the SPFL to enquire why Hearts were allowed to field a manager with no badges while teams that fielded ineligible players earlier in the season were charged, couldn't find anything about it in the Rules and Regulations of the Scottish Football Professional League but I did see that it is a requirement for reserve matches that at least one coach has their badges. Just interested why that was allowed, thought I should send them an email. I saw that Reims got fined for doing the same thing in Ligue 1, but I couldn't see anything in the guidelines about it. Anyway, worth finding out why that isn't a problem anyway, I'm sure they checked before and it's all above board...

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just emailed the SPFL to enquire why Hearts were allowed to field a manager with no badges while teams that fielded ineligible players earlier in the season were charged, couldn't find anything about it in the Rules and Regulations of the Scottish Football Professional League but I did see that it is a requirement for reserve matches that at least one coach has their badges. Just interested why that was allowed, thought I should send them an email. I saw that Reims got fined for doing the same thing in Ligue 1, but I couldn't see anything in the guidelines about it. Anyway, worth finding out why that isn't a problem anyway, I'm sure they checked before and it's all above board...

They really are an incredible bunch of sad sacks. 

I'd be having a right good laugh at Hibs if they'd done something so amateur but sending emails to the SFA? Get a life man 😂

Konrad von Carstein

Edited by Konrad von Carstein
Fuxake! Should have read the thread before posting 😔

been here before
17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They really are an incredible bunch of sad sacks. 

I'd be having a right good laugh at Hibs if they'd done something so amateur but sending emails to the SFA? Get a life man 😂

It gets better. More top notch throbbery...

DinkyTwo 12:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS:
Why do you care what badges the hertz manager has...or hasn't? Emailed the SPFL....reallydunno.gif
Because they've been bending the rules in order to gain sporting advantage for years.

Whilst there's definitely better things to spend your time on than grassing up coaches for not having all the right badges, I get where the poster is coming from.

They've loads of previous for things like watering the pitch, sticking their VAR screen inside the crowd, playing players that are either ineligible or they can't afford to pay, owing debt to themselves and generally acting in an unsporting manner in order to get some sort of upper hand on the opposition.

If I could be arsed, I'd be emailing the SPFL about much more than their tragic manager / not a manager situation.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

We really have broken them :Robbie:

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

It gets better. More top notch throbbery...

DinkyTwo 12:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS:
Why do you care what badges the hertz manager has...or hasn't? Emailed the SPFL....reallydunno.gif
Because they've been bending the rules in order to gain sporting advantage for years.

Whilst there's definitely better things to spend your time on than grassing up coaches for not having all the right badges, I get where the poster is coming from.

They've loads of previous for things like watering the pitch, sticking their VAR screen inside the crowd, playing players that are either ineligible or they can't afford to pay, owing debt to themselves and generally acting in an unsporting manner in order to get some sort of upper hand on the opposition.

If I could be arsed, I'd be emailing the SPFL about much more than their tragic manager / not a manager situation.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

We really have broken them :Robbie:

I like how they basically admitted they think our management team is good.

Also we watered the pitch, what an unfair thing to do. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, been here before said:

:pleasing:

Is this the reincarnation of that paedo who kept emailing Lithuania? 

RustyRightPeg

Halliday confirmed on open goal we’ve been training on match days before the friendlies. 

Fully expect us to be very fit once the seasons up and running. 

25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Halliday confirmed on open goal we’ve been training on match days before the friendlies. 

Fully expect us to be very fit once the seasons up and running. 

What’s the usual routine? 

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s the usual routine? 

Not doing full sessions including running I’d imagine. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not doing full sessions including running I’d imagine. 

Makes sense. Probably more warm ups and tactics maybe. 

weegie jambo

I know we've got to keep up the pretense for UEFA that Frankie is the main man but does that mean Naisy can't have any visable input on matchdays. Yesterday he sat down almost all the game, unlike the 7 games at the end of last season and 1st half I thought I was watching Robbie's sideways "snoozeball" all over again. I'm hoping this isn't Frankie stamping his signiture on the game! I'm hoping a half time pep talk from Naisy was the reason we improved 2nd half. I loved Naisy's enthusiasm and coaching on the touchline and right now that seems to be missing, and has been in pre season. It was telling that he was on the pitch congratulating the players at full time. A few guys round about me noticed it too. Naisy marking his territory!

I find Frankie's post match interviews so strange 😄  Anyway, let's hope there is method to our madness.  Nobody will care about the management/coaching set up if we have a good season.

30 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I find Frankie's post match interviews so strange 😄  Anyway, let's hope there is method to our madness.  Nobody will care about the management/coaching set up if we have a good season.

Is that the accent? Teeth or gold chain? 😅

In all seriousness its fine. The players understand it and that's all that matters 

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/07/2023 at 00:37, Luckies1874 said:

There should be no need for this pathetic charade. No need for underhand nonsense and exposing the entire club to looking like an amateurish shambles. No need for dubiety over roles regardless of what people suspect is going on. I listened to Andrew McKinlay's press conference post Neilson sacking again earlier and plenty on here should do likewise (I'll even post it below!). They are so full of hot air talking about "status as a club" and similar soundbites when really when it comes down to it they have **** all idea what they are doing in respect to the most important part of the club: the first team.

They treat the fanbase entirely as cash cows, to hell with actually putting in place a top class managerial structure that would see our resources and budget utilised to its potential. A figurehead and a structure that would see the support united after the divisive figure Neilson was. Nah we'll go down some retarded and abnormal route, unnecessarily complicated, confusing and completely self inflicted. Accountability lacking as per usual. They simply can't get out of their own way. They made a disastrous mess of last season, which has been a significant financial setback so how anyone has confidence in this lot on the football front is beyond me. They don't deserve your backing that's for sure. 

This fat ***** needs to answer some questions. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Let’s get them emptied asap before another season is a waste of time. Nothings changed same garbage 

You're wrong mate. These bunch of wanks we call Hearts players will empty any new manager

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/07/2023 at 02:09, Luckies1874 said:

Your post is exactly why this appointment should never have been made. If there was even one question mark, one detrimental aspect to making Naismith the main man at Hearts, at this stage, then the entire idea should have been binned. But no, these morons once again go down a route that underlines the incompetent arseholes they are. 

By the way don't get wound up by those who will never hear a word against the hierarchy. 

On 04/07/2023 at 01:51, Luckies1874 said:

As I've said previously, we are a completely unserious football club. Once again record ST sales and the amazing continuation of the ludicrous monthly total of £140k deposited into the clubs bank account through the FoH donations. The fanbase time and again go above and beyond. And yet here we are.

Aye you can get a good meal at Tynie and a half decent glass of wine now and soon you'll even be able to have a sleepover. How lovely. But by Christ we are still a ****ing shambles when it comes to the football side of the club. An underachieving, unambitious, mess. They can't get out of their own way. Constantly double down with stupid decision after stupid decision. Once again the solution was just along the corridor. Cheap and easy option and even then they are making a complete Roger Hunt of it. Pathetic and laughable. 

I keep reading that Hearts fans wanted to Naismith. I don't know what the real numbers were on that though my suspicion is that anyone not called Robbie Neilson would have done some by that point but there are plenty posts on this thread predicting exactly what would happen and why it was yet another mistake. It's a fun read in outing those who do the full 360 more often than they change their breeks.

Dennis Reynolds
On 07/06/2023 at 20:48, Pans Jambo said:

Just go with the flo man. ‘Naisy’ (I hate that) will have us fighting for every point next season. None of this tippy tappy side-ways, backwards passing for half the game shite. Front foot!

Hmmm...

7 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I keep reading that Hearts fans wanted to Naismith. I don't know what the real numbers were on that though my suspicion is that anyone not called Robbie Neilson would have done some by that point but there are plenty posts on this thread predicting exactly what would happen and why it was yet another mistake. It's a fun read in outing those who do the full 360 more often than they change their breeks.

I don’t know anyone who did. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but with the tinpot factor of the coaching badges it was clear the board were willing to do whatever it takes

15 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hmmm...

Some of the comments about how things were going to go with our very own Alex Ferguson (I kid you not) at the helm are tremendous!  :vrface:

Arthur Morgan
11 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I was against his appointment from the start. Sadly been proven right. We need a manager with some experience at least!

Leveins Battalion

If it's true that our Board gauged the concensus on this poll to make this decision then that is absolutely amateur stuff,tin pot of the likes of Arniston Rangwrs would do.