Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I mean he's literally said in the video it is different. "The only difference is when there's a difference of opinion on the team, I'll make that decision".

That's a pretty substantial difference, no?

So Naismith has to pick the same team as FM or he gets (or can be) overruled.

You genuinely can’t realise why he would say such a thing?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

1 minute ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

I've no clue how we've managed to make this very simple, administrative fudge, a whole 'thing.'

Like, we all know who is in charge, even the pearl clutchers, professionally affronted and Hibbee interlopers on this forum know the score. We've just managed to communicate it and manage it in such a poor way, the club looks daft.

I just like how it's the same people who say things like "I'll trust the club over a guy on kickback" now saying "don't trust the club and instead listen to a guy on kickback" 😂

gordon simpson
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm not using the video to say it's clear. It was clear to me after the video, it was clear to me on the day they were appointed and it was clear to me every day in between.

You say they have to do it which is correct, so if you know that then, no disrespect, but where's the discussion?

spot on we have got some zoomers on this forum 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

You genuinely can’t realise why he would say such a thing?

Of course I can. Do you genuinely not realise how Frankie's statement doesn't show it's the same as last year? He literally says it's different 😂

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Of course I can. Do you genuinely not realise how Frankie's statement doesn't show it's the same as last year? He literally says it's different 😂

Because he has to ? 

That video doesn't reassure me. Whether or not it's 'just for the cameras' or UEFA or whoever it's just messy. If we start badly this will not end well I fear. Wish we had just got a decent, qualified manager with a strong coaching team behind him.

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Because he has to ? 

I know.

I'm saying that the video doesn't make the actual situation clear, or that it's the same as last season as was being claimed.

Just now, allymonty said:

That video doesn't reassure me. Whether or not it's 'just for the cameras' or UEFA or whoever it's just messy. If we start badly this will not end well I fear. Wish we had just got a decent, qualified manager with a strong coaching team behind him.

Jim Goodwin was thought of a decent qualified manager by the 🐑 and look what happened to him.

If we start any season badly, whoever is in the dug out will be under pressure. 

I completely understand the optics regarding the management structure doesn’t look great.

But we all know the score (or most of us do) and I strongly suspect the team will continue to focus on attacking the opposition as was highlighted in the last 7 games of last season. With a big brute of a defensive reinforcement now arriving too, as well a highly regarded MF (with more ✍️ to come), I’m looking forward to this season 😎

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surely the dimwits can work out what's happening behind the scenes :lol:

We're in Europe and Naisy doesn't have the badges

The media and thick Hearts fans are going to ask the same questions and they're going to get the same answer until we're out of Europe 

It’s mental. Naisy wasn’t my choice but it’s pretty clear what the situation was when he was appointed. I actually think it’s a decent interview - the interviewer asked good questions, they answered them in the best way they can without having Uefa all over them. 

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know.

I'm saying that the video doesn't make the actual situation clear, or that it's the same as last season as was being claimed.

Yep the video tell us nothing we didn’t already know. 

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know you didn't. Others did suggesting the video makes it obvious and that it's the same as last year, which I commented on to say it video is quite literally saying something else...that the person picking the team is different from last year.

I get (and don't agree with buts that's another discussion) the situation, I'm just saying that video adds absolutely no clarity as to the real situation. 

Apologies, I picked you up wrong. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know.

That’s… that’s the point of the whole thing though? If it was clear what was going on then UEFA wouldn’t be happy would they?

Orkney Hearts
28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why not from the beginning say Mcavoy is interim Head Coach to comply with our participation in European Football, this will be reviewed on our exit from the competition?

The current spin does look unprofessional, Naismith was front man in all press interviews last 7 games , yes we all know he is in charge kidding on about it so we don’t get a fine has put everyone in an ackward position when questioned by media.

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Absolutely no surprises here, I've no idea why 'fans' can't digest this, I'm sure the honking posters will be all over this.  The "But but but" Brigade.

You've been proved correct so far :lol: 

Cambo_Jambo
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I just like how it's the same people who say things like "I'll trust the club over a guy on kickback" now saying "don't trust the club and instead listen to a guy on kickback" 😂

WHY ISN'T THE CLUB COMMUNICATING WITH US?

Club puts out a video an idiot could understand the nuance in:

WHY IS THE CLUB DOING THIS!

been here before
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Going forward, thats a total ****in car crash.

Lets be honest, going foward  if that was a couple of members of the Hibs management team we'd be ****ing pishing ourselves going forward, and ripping it to shreds. And quite rightly too going forward.

2 hours ago, Orkney Hearts said:

Why not from the beginning say Mcavoy is interim Head Coach to comply with our participation in European Football, this will be reviewed on our exit from the competition?

The current spin does look unprofessional, Naismith was front man in all press interviews last 7 games , yes we all know he is in charge kidding on about it so we don’t get a fine has put everyone in an ackward position when questioned by media.

Do we not need a pro licence holder to be the appointed head coach for domestic league games ? UEFA rules imply that we do although I dare say an exemption would be a lot easier domestically.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Going forward, thats a total ****in car crash.

Lets be honest, going foward  if that was a couple of members of the Hibs management team we'd be ****ing pishing ourselves going forward, and ripping it to shreds. And quite rightly too going forward.

Except they’re clearly lying. 

been here before
Just now, GinRummy said:

Except they’re clearly lying. 

Lying, telling the truth, whistling Dixie, its cringworthy.

Going forward.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Lying, telling the truth, whistling Dixie, its cringworthy.

Going forward.

Cringeworthy is in the eye of the beholder 😀. Appearances are one thing but speaking personally, I’d be very concerned if I thought for one second that it wasn’t Naismith calling the shots but I’m not concerned because I’ve no doubt it is. 

It's pretty useful Frankie saying he picks the team....

...If it goes tits up our search for a manager will be easy and follow the recent pattern of "who can we easily get to fill the gap without having to go to the bother of interviewing anyone?". 

Meet your new manager Hearts fans: Stevie Naismith! 

Reminds me a bit of the hoo ha when we first started doing the director of football and head coach thing . People just need a reason to get upset I think 

Mental we are doing all this just to try and pull the wool over UEFAs eyes and cheat their rules. 

If this bites us on the arse we are going to look very silly. 

Jambof3tornado
46 minutes ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

WHY ISN'T THE CLUB COMMUNICATING WITH US?

Club puts out a video an idiot could understand the nuance in:

WHY IS THE CLUB DOING THIS!

Yup,some real hard of thinking supporters still not getting it!!

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Mental we are doing all this just to try and pull the wool over UEFAs eyes and cheat their rules. 

We're not cheating the rules,we're bending things like others have done before us.

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The mental thing is that the rule exists. Its ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We're not cheating the rules,we're bending things like others have done before us.

We are lying to them about our management set up.  

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

How ****ing daft must Uefa be?  Should have just paid the fine. 

Had a wee read on the Hibs forum . They are already throwing the towel in on the park . They need to make as much out of pretty irrelevant stuff like this before the league kicks off and they find themselves beneath us yet again 

11470EE2-56DC-4E93-BA9F-931B911056E8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

We are lying to them about our management set up.  

Not really , we will be aware of the rules around shadow coaching and we will be making sure we stay within the lines 

Orkney Hearts
44 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Do we not need a pro licence holder to be the appointed head coach for domestic league games ? UEFA rules imply that we do although I dare say an exemption would be a lot easier domestically.

Don’t think you do however if it’s obvious he is head coach I am assuming they are worried they will use that as evidence.

The whole set up is amateurish. A club like ours should never be in this situation, its embarrassing!

I was all for Naismith being boss but not like this. What timescale does he have for his badges? He could get bombed well before then.

south morocco

Who cares? We all know the score here. I’m more interested in results and performances on the park. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

image.jpeg.84fe548289be0be1a9844c5d4cfc86da.jpeg

It does high light the fear and desperation . Same as the comment previously about at the moment we are equal on points :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It does high light the fear and desperation . Same as the comment previously about at the moment we are equal on points :lol: 

They’re incredible. ‘If this happens we can say this, we’ll always have that over them, if they beat us at least we can tell them such and such they’ll never forget 1973. ‘ blah, blah ****ing blah. Heard it my whole life then we just go out and scud them again and again and the weird defences and pretending they’re ‘no bothered’ starts up all over again. 

What really, really destroyed them was their ‘golden generation’ period. Riordan, Thomson, Scott brown etc.  they thought the tide was turning after decades of humiliation then Romanov came along and we bought the best Hearts side in a generation. They just never recovered from that and then 5-1 left them permanently broken. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

They’re incredible. ‘If this happens we can say this, we’ll always have that over them, if they beat us at least we can tell them such and such they’ll never forget 1973. ‘ blah, blah ducking blah. Heard it my whole life then we just go out and scud them again and again and the weird defences and pretending they’re ‘no bothered’ starts up all over again. 

What really, really destroyed them was their ‘golden generation’ period. Riordan, Thomson, Scott brown etc.  they thought the tide was turning after decades of humiliation then Romanov came along and we bought the best Hearts side in a generation. They just never recovered from that and then 5-1 left them permanently broken. 

All absolutely correct . They know how this goes , they have seen this movie a million times before . They need to get their comfort blankets all washed and dried and the fabric conditioner applied before the inevitable happens again 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

All absolutely correct . They know how this goes , they have seen this movie a million times before . They need to get their comfort blankets all washed and dried and the fabric conditioner applied before the inevitable happens again 

😂

5 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

The whole set up is amateurish. A club like ours should never be in this situation, its embarrassing!

I was all for Naismith being boss but not like this. What timescale does he have for his badges? He could get bombed well before then.

What other way did you want it? Get fined every week by UEFA? If you wanted Naismith then this is the way it is. He wasn’t my choice (and I was clearly in the minority) but I accept this is the way it has to be. 

1 minute ago, Zico said:

What other way did you want it? Get fined every week by UEFA? If you wanted Naismith then this is the way it is. He wasn’t my choice (and I was clearly in the minority) but I accept this is the way it has to be. 

I wanted Naismith as boss when I wasn't aware of all this potential nonsense. We should have appointed someone else given the circumstances!

You can see Naismith is cringing inside with every word he says about the set up. He knows that everyone else knows he is in charge but is forced to keep up this embarrassing charade! 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Gorgieshed said:

I wanted Naismith as boss when I wasn't aware of all this potential nonsense. We should have appointed someone else given the circumstances!

You can see Naismith is cringing inside with every word he says about the set up. He knows that everyone else knows he is in charge but is forced to keep up this embarrassing charade! 

So Naismith would prefer not to have the job? 🥸

No. He obviously knew that this was the only way he was getting the job. He is also not stupid and will know that this whole set up isn't right.

He will be itching for him to be named head coach, whether that happens, remains to be seen!

2 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Of course he knows that. It’s not a great look but the support and the board (and presumably, Naismith!) wanted a manager without his pro licence so that’s the way it is. 

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Had a wee read on the Hibs forum . They are already throwing the towel in on the park . They need to make as much out of pretty irrelevant stuff like this before the league kicks off and they find themselves beneath us yet again 

11470EE2-56DC-4E93-BA9F-931B911056E8.jpeg

And when we start whipping their arses, as per the usual, we will just tell them the invisible man is in charge 

"We just need to ask them about who's in charge of the team" ... Like having someone in charge would still prevent us from abusing them Yoy

Delusionary W......, The lot of them 

30 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I can’t see him cringing anywhere. But you can ? he is just playing the party line. I’m sure he is just fine with it despite what you say, and he is sleeping just fine. It’s seriously not a big deal - seriously it isn’t. And I have no idea why the very tiny deluded few think it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by 1971fozzy

29 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

No. He obviously knew that this was the only way he was getting the job. He is also not stupid and will know that this whole set up isn't right.

He will be itching for him to be named head coach, whether that happens, remains to be seen!

Utter garbage. He’s said he’s fine with it so where are you getting this from ? Or is it just your thinking ? Jesus wept , no wonder some think your not a hearts supporter

Edited by 1971fozzy