• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

On 28/07/2023 at 13:04, jamboinglasgow said:

Danilo has signed for Rangers.

Which brings up the trivia question I do like, which is the only other team in the SPFL that has a Brazilian player in their squad?

I’m sure it’s Montrose. They done a bit on A View From the Terrace about him.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I’m sure it’s Montrose. They done a bit on A View From the Terrace about him.

It is 

Seems Rangers are signing the boy from the US team. Reportedly paying 1.2 million pounds for a guy they already had on a pre-contract who would have joined for free in January.

I think he might be considered their marquee signing. 

Hearts of Vladland
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was talking about a Brazilian currently playing in the SPFL.

I’m guessing it’s not the top league?

13 hours ago, milky_26 said:

current, or you should have remembered cammazola or rossi for us

Or that Duarte we had some years back.  Left under a cloud IIRC...

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

How many defenders are Aberdeen signing this window?

They'll be playing 3 at the back and they've lost McCrorie, Scales and Pollock. They're probably cognisant of what happened to our defence in Europe last season as well.

Mind you, this guy doesn't look too impressive on the face of it. Not many games for his age and only played 90 minutes once last season. One cap for NZ in 2019.

Portable Badger
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

How many players have CCM got left? They must have sold half their team surely?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Frustrating seeing them sign all these players because they've got the money we should've had if we hadn't blown 3rd place 

22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Frustrating seeing them sign all these players because they've got the money we should've had if we hadn't blown 3rd place 

They wont receive that money until the final of the competition they end up in 

On 01/08/2023 at 21:07, vegas-voss said:

Verona seem desperate to get rid of him to anybody 🤣

Never got the hype.Average.

With Hickey you could just tell.

Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don't believe that is correct??

Where have you seen this?

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Cant remember, but I think it is quite widely known mate 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

they don't know what competition they will be in, or how many wins/draws/losses they will have, which all contribute to the money they receive

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They guaranteed hefty sum of money either way which should've been ours 

35 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Is it not the case that IF we happen to get through to the league stages we share the money with the sheep? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Musemic said:

Is it not the case that IF we happen to get through to the league stages we share the money with the sheep? 

I'm really not sure tbh

43 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

meanwhile their stadium is a heap of shite that is falling apart. Tick Tock.  If we took their stance we’d have £20m to spunk on players instead of a new state of the art stand. Their scattergun approach is a huge gamble. Massive.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It’s what happened to us is it not ?

Tommy Brown
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

It’s what happened to us is it not ?

Surprised if correct.

Thought payouts happened after each round

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

meanwhile their stadium is a heap of shite that is falling apart. Tick Tock.  If we took their stance we’d have £20m to spunk on players instead of a new state of the art stand. Their scattergun approach is a huge gamble. Massive.

Absolutely Pittodrie is a heap of crap and there's also no doubt we've done correct thing planning long term with our new stand etc but that doesn't hide the fact us blowing 3rd has gifted them a lot of money that should've been ours 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Surprised if correct.

Thought payouts happened after each round

no, they wait until the competition has finished then payout to money to every team, rather than giving money constantly throughout the season

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

no, they wait until the competition has finished then payout to money to every team, rather than giving money constantly throughout the season

Yep that’s what I thought so that’s why it will show up in next published accounts 🤷🏻‍♂️ may be wrong of course 

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolutely Pittodrie is a heap of crap and there's also no doubt we've done correct thing planning long term with our new stand etc but that doesn't hide the fact us blowing 3rd has gifted them a lot of money that should've been ours 

yeah agree it’s sickening 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ramadani going to Lecce for 1 million. 

Whatever low opinion of Aberdeen I have got to admire their aptitude for flogging shite 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

How on earth have they managed that? Beni is definitely worth at least £5m now!

Because outside of Scotland.  £1m is peanuts. 

49 minutes ago, Musemic said:

We share the television money but not the money we get for qualifying into the groups etc.

Arthur Morgan
31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because outside of Scotland.  £1m is peanuts. 

Yeah but he's shit, he's never worth that imo.

35 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah but he's shit, he's never worth that imo.

He’s worth what any club is willing to pay 

BackOfTheNet

Ramadani is not shite. Another myth people like to trope around on here. I’m all for slagging the opposition, but see a player for what he is. And at the moment he’s a player signing for an Serie A club for a million quid. Folk acting like he’s Callum Butcher or something.

Arthur Morgan
26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ramadani is not shite. Another myth people like to trope around on here. I’m all for slagging the opposition, but see a player for what he is. And at the moment he’s a player signing for an Serie A club for a million quid. Folk acting like he’s Callum Butcher or something.

In your opinion.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

In your opinion.

Yes. An opinion that is shared with a Serie A club’s recruitment team and whoever sanctions their finances.

Arthur Morgan
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes. An opinion that is shared with a Serie A club’s recruitment team and whoever sanctions their finances.

Doesn't mean he'll be a success, though. I don't rate him personally.

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Doesn't mean he'll be a success, though. I don't rate him personally.

Which is fine, and you’re entitled to that opinion. Personally though, I think a lot of Hearts fans have got their opinion of him based off a couple of bad games at Tynecastle and performances against the OF on TV. His style of play is never going to be featured on limited 1990’s style Sportscene highlights.

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Which is fine, and you’re entitled to that opinion. Personally though, I think a lot of Hearts fans have got their opinion of him based off a couple of bad games at Tynecastle and performances against the OF on TV. His style of play is never going to be featured on limited 1990’s style Sportscene highlights.

The poster who pointed out he is shite lives in Aberdeen and most of his family support them I think

indianajones

Must've watched about 8 Aberdeen games last year and he wasnt a standout in any of them. 

Mind you they haven't really had a football manager for a while now. 

RustyRightPeg
6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And getting the runabout against Darvel. He was embarrassing that night. 

BackOfTheNet
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

The poster who pointed out he is shite lives in Aberdeen and most of his family support them I think

Again, which is fine. And I don’t blame people for thinking he might be based on watching him versus us, the OF and Darvel. But with the formation Aberdeen played, often with 3 at the back and with Clarkson pushing forward, he had to be at least decent to be a holding midfielder in a team that finished 3rd.

GorgieFifeLife

Dunfermline have offered David Wotherspoon a deal I see.  I think St Johnstone have been a bit hasty here, still only 33 and although he had injury problems last season he still has a lot to offer.  A player I have always admired.  There could be an argument that we need an older head with a lot of league experience as we have very little of that apart from Halliday, Clark and Gordon.  He could be worth offering a deal to.

Dougie Masterton
14 hours ago, Topper said:

Agreed. 

21 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Dunfermline have offered David Wotherspoon a deal I see.  I think St Johnstone have been a bit hasty here, still only 33 and although he had injury problems last season he still has a lot to offer.  A player I have always admired.  There could be an argument that we need an older head with a lot of league experience as we have very little of that apart from Halliday, Clark and Gordon.  He could be worth offering a deal to.

Doesn’t even try to hide it.