***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Thread 2023***

tartofmidlothian

45 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

£700k they saying , would like to see us go spent big on a player

I prefer we keep our mouth shut and continue to sign everyone for undisclosed fees. I suspect flashing figures about just increases future transfer fees.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

Go for it 1308
50 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Totally agree 👍 

Absolute Scenes

Hibs paid about 500k for Doidge when he arrived. Definitely not worth that. They’ve been so desperate for a striker they’re willing to spend outwith their means. His scoring record in Dutch second league should be nothing to fear and I won’t fear a single Hibs player. If Palermo wanted him they’d have gotten him, it’s that simple. 

Go for it 1308
40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Guessing you think £700k isn't big because we have been paying similar fees. 

Eh....when have we spent that recently ffs???

20 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Good judgement.  The weather forecast is that it might rain but it might be sunny and dry.

Exactly why worry

20 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Scored a lot of goals but I just watched a video and the standard looks shocking.Honestky I think there must be a huge gulf between the top division in Holland and the 2nd tier.

Looks like he likes to strike the ball early ( first thought is to shoot )

In short he could be good in this league but then he could turn out to be total shite.

The Eredivisie is not too dissimilar to Scotland. Barring the big 3 or 4 the standard is pretty poor. We probably have a higher av. attendance than all but Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord. 

This guy has had two prolific seasons in the lower division. So they’ve essentially paid £700k for the Dutch Brian Graham.

Go for it 1308
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Paid similar fees for Kent and Nieuwenhof. Tagawa and Vargas too.

Others as well.

I take it you mean all of the above players as an acumalitive....working out at 700k for all 3 of them? 

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I take it you mean all of the above players as an acumalitive....working out at 700k for all 3 of them? 

Correction 4 of them?

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

£700k ain’t big and it guarantees you nothing. At our level wages determine the quality of player you bring in, not the fee.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, DS98 said:

£700k ain’t big and it guarantees you nothing. At our level wages determine the quality of player you bring in, not the fee.

Not disagreeing nor having a go at Hearts as I've said ! I'm just saying id like to see us go big on a player because if that mob can do it we most certainly can

BackOfTheNet

A look at these tells us two things: 1. The Dutch second tier don’t appear to know how to defend. 2. The way to stop him would appear to just mark him.

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not disagreeing nor having a go at Hearts as I've said ! I'm just saying id like to see us go big on a player because if that mob can do it we most certainly can

Aye eventually but like I said £700k isn’t big. There is generally zero difference between free agents and >£1m. Kio at around £450k is the best example of that. IF we ever go big and by big I mean millions, then I’d want it to be for a tried and tested player who has a high chance of success and sell on. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not a criticism from me , I'm only saying would like to see us pay big for a player 

Me too man. Itd be exciting. Lots and lots to consider in doing it. Get a £1m player on a free or for 1/4 due to contract situ and chuck a big signing on fee at him to kerp him at a club wage, or buy a guy for £1m and need to pay £1m player wages.

Wonder what hibs will be paying this nutsack? Btw if theyre paying him £15k/wk and he does well and they do well, good on them, it worked. Just be interested to know what a guy like that commands....

Tam mcmanus has tweeted its a good signing and how forward line in good shape...

You all know how well his predictions and comments age

Cameronstheman

Some on here would right off any players we sign, even if there first game was friendly

I'm confident we will do really well with our signings Re what they cost

Hibs are taking a big gamble  but so do many other clubs, time will tell

13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Me too man. Itd be exciting. Lots and lots to consider in doing it. Get a £1m player on a free or for 1/4 due to contract situ and chuck a big signing on fee at him to kerp him at a club wage, or buy a guy for £1m and need to pay £1m player wages.

Wonder what hibs will be paying this nutsack? Btw if theyre paying him £15k/wk and he does well and they do well, good on them, it worked. Just be interested to know what a guy like that commands....

He has been in the 2nd Division with Roda he won't be on that huge a wage.

40 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A look at these tells us two things: 1. The Dutch second tier don’t appear to know how to defend. 2. The way to stop him would appear to just mark him.

The amount of time and space he was getting in that clip.

Thought I was watching walking football 😆 

4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

The amount of time and space he was getting in that clip.

Thought I was watching walking football 😆 

the defending was horrific, i wonder if he saw the hibs v andorran team and thought yes they create lots of chances, not realising it was the andorrans and not hibs creating the chances. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

the defending was horrific, i wonder if he saw the hibs v andorran team and thought yes they create lots of chances, not realising it was the andorrans and not hibs creating the chances. 

😆 

The boy might be decent like but reckon he's in for a shock when the challenges start flying in.

:hartley:

14 minutes ago, Hansel said:

😆

The boy might be decent like but reckon he's in for a shock when the challenges start flying in.

:hartley:

Aye he looks pretty lightweight as well not like big Van Veen was at Motherwell

Arthur Morgan
25 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs aren't bringing Mykola Kucheravich back, he has signed for Swansea.

Good. He was very decent. 

Chuck Berry

He'll score goals, he looks a penalty box striker, but the league he has come from, Roda finished below three B teams and where the Champions scored 103 and RU scored 99, in 38 games. Roda scored 49.

He's been overlooked by bigger clubs who were allegedly interested, and he's coming into a league where he won't find it as easy.  He could make Hibs money, on the other hand he could flop.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

The Eredivisie is not too dissimilar to Scotland. Barring the big 3 or 4 the standard is pretty poor. We probably have a higher av. attendance than all but Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord. 

This guy has had two prolific seasons in the lower division. So they’ve essentially paid £700k for the Dutch Brian Graham.

Thought the same. A panic signing due to getting beat of some Andorran goatherds last week?

If he was any good he wouldn’t be signing for that shite.

on another note I see Aberdeen have signed another physical clogger. They’re definitely going down the hard man route. 
Hope refs are going to be wise to both teams as surely hibs can’t get away with what they got last season

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

£500k according to BBC Reporting Scotland. 

They have the nisbet money for these signings so not as big an outlay as it seems 

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I never trust these videos as goals not seen in context of game  but looks a decent signing … although I think the hobos should  be looking to strengthen their defence.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs aren't bringing Mykola Kucheravich back, he has signed for Swansea.

Between him and Ginnelly they might just have combined someone who can play a full season

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

If he was any good he wouldn’t be signing for that shite.

on another note I see Aberdeen have signed another physical clogger. They’re definitely going down the hard man route. 
Hope refs are going to be wise to both teams as surely hibs can’t get away with what they got last season

Aberdeen have just turned down 850k from Lecce for Ramadani,  but expect them to come back with an improved offer.he was mainly anonymous last season, take my hat off to them, they get a good price for there players 

We should seriously be looking at 7 figures if we are selling Sibbick or Grant, both are better players than Ramadani

But as usual we will not get what they are worth.

south morocco
8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Aberdeen have just turned down 850k from Lecce for Ramadani,  but expect them to come back with an improved offer.he was mainly anonymous last season, take my hat off to them, they get a good price for there players 

We should seriously be looking at 7 figures if we are selling Sibbick or Grant, both are better players than Ramadani

But as usual we will not get what they are worth.

Who put the ram in the Ramadani ding dong?

Need to see if Vente handles the step up . We are signing international strikers from countries above Scotland in the rankings . I am comfortable with our signing policy 

kingantti1874

I can’t believe that Ramadani fee.  Seen him on 4 occasions and he was hopeless. Absolutely dominated by Haring and Cammy in the last game at tynecastle. Completely anonymous. 

one thing for sure is Aberdeen are better at getting fees in than we are ..

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I can’t believe that Ramadani fee.  Seen him on 4 occasions and he was hopeless. Absolutely dominated by Haring and Cammy in the last game at tynecastle. Completely anonymous. 

one thing for sure is Aberdeen are better at getting fees in than we are ..

Yeah, he's totally nothing.  Gogic caused us more issues last season!!!!

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah, he's totally nothing.  Gogic caused us more issues last season!!!!

I’m going to sound very OF by saying this but Id be tempted to sign Gogic just so we don’t have to play against him - we embarrassingly let him do what he wanted in the games Vs St Mirren last season! Gogic ffs :facepalm:

On 28/07/2023 at 13:04, jamboinglasgow said:

Danilo has signed for Rangers.

Which brings up the trivia question I do like, which is the only other team in the SPFL that has a Brazilian player in their squad?

on the other hand there’s likely a good few Brazilians in the SWPL. 

22 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’m going to sound very OF by saying this but Id be tempted to sign Gogic just so we don’t have to play against him - we embarrassingly let him do what he wanted in the games Vs St Mirren last season! Gogic ffs :facepalm:

Haha, know what you mean!  Mind you, the first double header I'd say was the start of the decline as far as Robbie deciding we should play without a midfield!

And the game post-split, I mean if the ref is going to let him do what he wants, it's hard to combat.  But we need to combat it. We should have spent some time first half missing out midfield - just put some balls down the side for Gino, or Oda to run down and try to pin them in from there and play some football in the final third.  Instead, we passed it around the back before trying to find Shanks centrally and Gogic just cut it out every time (often with an unpunished foul, one which could easily have been a red)

I think we'll be better off this season.  Beni, Haring, Cam and The Hoff is a right good midfield pool to chose from imo - we hopefully have a complete nomark like Gogic chasing shadows.  Not a massive "play Toby in midfield" guy - it's become something of a "fill the corners", but a game like that you maybe put Toby in away at St Mirren and tell him to deal with Gogic, cos I think he would.  Maybe daft, but its a thought.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think we'll be better off this season.  Beni, Haring, Cam and The Hoff is a right good midfield pool to chose from imo - we hopefully have a complete nomark like Gogic chasing shadows.  Not a massive "play Toby in midfield" guy - it's become something of a "fill the corners", but a game like that you maybe put Toby in away at St Mirren and tell him to deal with Gogic, cos I think he would.  Maybe daft, but its a thought.

Yes the midfield seem very decent assuming The Hoff is good.  I think in certain games we might want to try playing three of them in the middle so we don't get overrun.  More so against the OF but could also help in other games.  

Late to the Vente chat, will be interesting to see how he does. We've certainly had more El Hassanoui and Kenny Anderson's than Mark De Vries from the Dutch second tier.

3 hours ago, King prawn said:

To be fair it was more down to the one dimensional way we played at the time. Robinson told Gogic to simply stay touch-tight to Snodgrass. He knew he would get passed the ball at every opportunity so it was a perfect scenario for a dumpling like Gogic to do. 

If he tried the same tactic against Beni he would get tied in knots!

3 hours ago, gjcc said:

on the other hand there’s likely a good few Brazilians in the SWPL. 

Oh, you are awful. But I like you. 

On 28/07/2023 at 13:04, jamboinglasgow said:

Danilo has signed for Rangers.

Which brings up the trivia question I do like, which is the only other team in the SPFL that has a Brazilian player in their squad?

have you seen the teams that brazilian has played for or at least who they have been signed to, red bull brasil, ICT, rio ave b team, elgin city, rothes and the current team that i wont mention

GorgieFifeLife

Speaking to a couple of St Johnstone fans today who say there are big problems there.  The fans don’t trust the experienced players and there seems to be a bit of unrest about McLean having private meetings with all the older players.  We should hit them fast on Sat and not let them breathe as they will fold.  Major cost cutting there.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Speaking to a couple of St Johnstone fans today who say there are big problems there.  The fans don’t trust the experienced players and there seems to be a bit of unrest about McLean having private meetings with all the older players.  We should hit them fast on Sat and not let them breathe as they will fold.  Major cost cutting there.

They also look to have six senior out for the game. But yeah it seems McLean is going to be left holding the baby with everything being cut.

Edited by jamboinglasgow