• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Mikey1874

• kingantti1874

• Bazzas right boot

I hate Facebook pages that do photoshop pics of players wearing a strip of a club who are said to be in talks with them, when it's not yet a done deal. 

FB_IMG_1691660367446.jpg

Bayern agree deal to sign Kane.   The big Aussie manager making history already.   I can't see him surviving a sacking.    Hard player to replace.   They will have ambitions to win trophies or at least compete in Europe. 

West Ham making good deals.   Obviously the Maguire one is questionable but might find his groove again away from Manchester. 

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Bayern agree deal to sign Kane.   The big Aussie manager making history already.   I can't see him surviving a sacking.    Hard player to replace.   They will have ambitions to win trophies or at least compete in Europe. 

Hopefully he goes for Kyogo

38 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That's Starfelt left Celtic anyway.

7 minutes ago, livi said:

That’s a shame, always looked a bombscare ☹️

It's due to his partner leaving the Celtic women's team and signing for a Portuguese side. Celta Vigo to the Portuguese side is a shortish commute for them

7 minutes ago, livi said:

Hopefully he goes for Kyogo

He might.   I was just thinking how does he replace Kane.    Does he go like for like or change the style.   I imagine he'll change the style like at Celtic.    Mostly movement and pace. 

11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

West Ham making good deals.   Obviously the Maguire one is questionable but might find his groove again away from Manchester. 

I think this will buy him more time, fans will not be happy with Levy unless he backs them hugely in the next few weeks. 

It's a great excuse to have to be fair "we'd be better but you sold Kane"

21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Chelsea outbid Liverpool for Lavia, and Liverpool outbid Chelsea for Caicedo :lol: 

Tim Vickery saying Caicedo has an affinity for Chelsea.   Nogolo Kante his role model growing up.   Is it a done deal yet.    Brighton making a massive profit either way.   Bayern in for him as well now. 

Edited by HMFC01

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Tim Vickery saying Caicedo has an affinity for Chelsea.   Nogolo Kante his role model growing up.   Is it a done deal yet.    Brighton making a massive profit either way.   Bayern in for him as well now. 

He had an affinity for Arsenal in January. 

Signed a contract extension 3 months ago and now he’s “frustrated by brightons transfer stance”. Advised badly by the sounds of it. 

Son and Richarlison will really need to step up now for Spurs. 

I would expect them to be battling Villa and Chelsea for Europa now tbh

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Son and Richarlison will really need to step up now for Spurs. 

I would expect them to be battling Brighton and Brentford for Conference League now tbh

FTFY

kingantti1874

Is Kane actually going to go? You’d think so if bayern going to all this trouble but doesn’t seem to be automatic.  

only interested due to FFL 🤣

jamboinglasgow

Liverpool have had a bid for Caicedo of Brighton for £110m accepted. Thats now the second player in this window to transfer between premier league clubs for over £100m. The spending is going to be huge this window, for all the chat about Saudi Arabia disrupting football with its spending, its easy to forget that the Premier league spends even more.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Liverpool have had a bid for Caicedo of Brighton for £110m accepted. Thats now the second player in this window to transfer between premier league clubs for over £100m. The spending is going to be huge this window, for all the chat about Saudi Arabia disrupting football with its spending, its easy to forget that the Premier league spends even more.

Able to do it because of Saudi money with unexpected fee for Henderson.

Liverpool said they couldn't afford same fee for Jude Bellingham a couple of months ago.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Able to do it because of Saudi money with unexpected fee for Henderson.

Liverpool said they couldn't afford same fee for Jude Bellingham a couple of months ago.

And Newcastle just got 6 Trillion for Saint-Maximin from, erm....  themselves.

Shooter McGavin

English football media so up it’s a*** they think moving from Tottenham to Bayern is a downgrade :rofl:

Silly c**** :rofl:

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

English football media so up it’s a*** they think moving from Tottenham to Bayern is a downgrade :rofl:

Silly c**** :rofl:

Brilliant.

The demands of playing at a top club will hopefully make Kane an even better player. 

Good news for England. 

Doku could be an exciting signing for Man City. Will be a different team with Gundogen and Mahrez replaced but by whom remains to be seen. 

Bazzas right boot
On 11/08/2023 at 09:10, jamboinglasgow said:

Had a look at some of the transfers,  guys that I've never heard of or hard6plsyed any football going for £15m + now.

The money is just nonsense now, really hard to gauge the quality outside the elite as any player now seems to go for a bog standard £10m plus, with £5m fees give or take not even getting second glance now.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

https://x.com/football_scot/status/1693947865842712886?s=46

Another defender for the mutton munchers.

It will be their sixth defender of the window. Plus they are also about to sign McGrath. So they will have 11 signings this window (and they plan to sign 1 or 2 more.)

Still think they are very short up front, and injury to Duk or Miovski will mean they have little cutting edge.

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

McGrath as well. Feels very scattergun. 

Very. Like others have said, they are overloading in defence and could be left very short up top. If they have half the bad luck we did last season in terms of injuries, they will struggle. 

Thought Police
47 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

https://x.com/football_scot/status/1693947865842712886?s=46

Another defender for the mutton munchers.

The noise from Aberdeen fans seems to be similar to ours last summer. Not really capitalised and pushed on with the extra funds they have. Some of their early performances are rotten. Overly reliant on loans last season too.

20 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Very. Like others have said, they are overloading in defence and could be left very short up top. If they have half the bad luck we did last season in terms of injuries, they will struggle. 

I reckon they'll struggle regardless of injuries. Don't think they're a good side at all and never been impressed when I've watched them. Although they had that run with their new manager bounce last season they were largely poor. Nobody they've signed leads me to believe they'll be a far stronger outfit this year either. Killie probably pose more of a threat to 3rd.

jamboinglasgow

Aberdeen are close to signing striker Pape Habib Gueye from Belgium club Kortrijk.

Bizarrely he was linked with Hibs earlier in the week.

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

The noise from Aberdeen fans seems to be similar to ours last summer. Not really capitalised and pushed on with the extra funds they have. Some of their early performances are rotten. Overly reliant on loans last season too.

Even when they were winning under Robson they still looked honking I was delighted when they gave him the gig full time.