Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )

Waterboy

5 hours ago, RBK_supporter said:

A short weather/ traffic status from Norway. The weather has been really bad here for two days and there are flooding in the rivers in the area between Oslo and Trondheim with large damage to railways, roads, power plants, buildings etc. No trains will run for weeks. Roads are closed (and the open ones could be closed off at any time). Scandinavian Airlines are adding more planes to the air route between Oslo and Trondheim according to the news, so check the SAS website for possibilities if you need to travel between Oslo and Trondheim.

RBK team status: Right middle defender Reitan has a 50/50 chance of starting according to himself. Left middle defender Jensen may actually play (he has 7 stitches in his head, but that was not a concern he says). There are speculations that Cornic (right back) will not play and that Anderson will play instead (he has been on loan to a Danish club and just came back again - I have no idea about him at the moment). Forward Thorvaldson will have to play with a face mask since his nose broke in the game against Crusaders - he says it is irritating, but it doesn't matter - he doesn't score goals without a mask either.

I still stand by my estimate: 80% chance for Hearts to win, 18% draw and 2% for us to win this.

I do not live in Trondheim anymore so I can't meet you there (would have loved to have a beer or four with you).

Thank you so much for the comforting :)- I really need it (and I guess I will need it even more tomorrow night..)

I am guessing that Trondheim to Oslo trains will be cancelled for a while? You say weeks but I cannot find any info online confirming this - prob just my bad searching or train company not being up front with bad news.

I am supposed to be on the 8am train on Sat. Then fly out of Oslo next day. Not showing cancelled yet. Tomorrow's train is. Any view on if any chance it will run based on the news you have seen? Guess they just cancel day by day.

Prob still going and will see how I get home.... SAS mercy flight....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• JimmyCant

• Waterboy

• Luckies1874

1 hour ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Thanks for the info. My brother and i were literally at the airport for our flight when we heard that our train from Oslo was cancelled. Faced with the prospect of being stuck in Oslo until Friday with no means to get to Trondheim, we decided just to cut our losses and go home. Gutted 👎

Crap turn of events for you but maybe a wise choice in cancelling. I am considering my options too as costs spiral. Train option on return trip seemed good when I booked. As did flying out on match day. Now both seem errors.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Oda be a JT said:

Locarno Snooker/Jessie Mays may be worth a visit come kick off time.

Polwarth always good but I think most pubs will be showing the game. 

02:00... 

Had a message from a mate, they're staying in Oslo today, they're  not travelling up given the rising costs of alternative flights etc.

UNLESS there's a huge change in the current circumstance then they've already made the decision... "The lovely lady in reception is going to alert us of any changes"

The hotel they're  in have granted them another nights stay at a discounted cost so they're  going to see the sights of Oslo today and hope to find a pub with the game on. 

Spent an absolute fortune getting there, just hope Hearts can get a decent result to take home. 

4 hours ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Thanks for the info. My brother and i were literally at the airport for our flight when we heard that our train from Oslo was cancelled. Faced with the prospect of being stuck in Oslo until Friday with no means to get to Trondheim, we decided just to cut our losses and go home. Gutted 👎

Pity you made that decision, my mates are staying until the Friday as my previous post indicated. I dare say the cost of the extra night in the Hotel swayed them. 

8 hours ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

A right bummer mate. Have as good a time as possible and put it down as an experience/ adventure/tale for the future.

Gutted for everyone not making the game due to the travel disruption. Oslo is a cracking city so make the most of it if stuck there and enjoy the best you can 👍

Some of them have managed to get on the Midday flight back to Edinburgh from Oslo, again its all about who has the cash to burn and who wants to make the most of the couple of days away. 

Seems to be quite a few fans stuck in Oslo... bloody Mother Nature 

Last night in Trondheim was wee bit quieter than expected.

Only real busy place was The 3 Lions.

Average price of a pint  about a tenner.

So probably a few with carry outs in rooms.

Can understand why. 

Anyway looking forward to tonight. 

👍. 🇱🇻 🇱🇻 🇱🇻 

8 hours ago, mack515151 said:

I am guessing that Trondheim to Oslo trains will be cancelled for a while? You say weeks but I cannot find any info online confirming this - prob just my bad searching or train company not being up front with bad news.

I am supposed to be on the 8am train on Sat. Then fly out of Oslo next day. Not showing cancelled yet. Tomorrow's train is. Any view on if any chance it will run based on the news you have seen? Guess they just cancel day by day.

Prob still going and will see how I get home.... SAS mercy flight....

As of now, the trains between Trondheim and Oslo are only cancelled today and tomorrow. So the train on Saturday should be fine. The mudslide across the railway wasn't to big. But they take no risks in case of more slides. A new update is supposed to come in 40 minutes.

24 minutes ago, Kjello said:

So the train on Saturday should be fine. The mudslide across the railway wasn't to big. But they take no risks in case of more slides.

Well... Apparently there's a railway bridge that has partly collapsed roughly midway between Oslo and Trondheim. I strongly doubt they'll be able to fix that till Saturday. 

My mate managed to eventually get from Oslo to Trondheim in the wee hours of the morning on a replacement bus service for one of the cancelled trains. No idea what the situation is today but anyone in Oslo might be worth trying to find out from the train station if there will be more buses this morning. 

7 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

My mate managed to eventually get from Oslo to Trondheim in the wee hours of the morning on a replacement bus service for one of the cancelled trains. No idea what the situation is today but anyone in Oslo might be worth trying to find out from the train station if there will be more buses this morning. 

That's good going, an 8 hour bus journey is that not?

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Good to hear something positive.

6 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Where about did they get the OK for that ? I need to inform certain individuals of this as its still showing road closures on the main road Northbound and some are heading home. 

Screenshot_20230810_093718_Maps.jpg

3 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Where about did they get the OK for that ? I need to inform certain individuals of this as its still showing road closures on the main road Northbound and some are heading home. 

Screenshot_20230810_093718_Maps.jpg

He just went to the train station and asked. He got taken to Lillehammer and then the next bus was delayed for a couple of hours, presumably while they decided if they could go ahead/what route to take. Eventually got there. I think his total journey time took about 13 hours so if things are as bad today it's probably too late, but figured people may as well ask direct at the station if they're about to give up and come home anyway. 

7 minutes ago, brux said:

Think it took him about 13 hours including a 2 hour stop in Lillehammer. 

11 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

@dannymack

Not sure current status of this route - any help for your mates ?

It's still open according to the road authorities road map. It's also unlikely to be closed, as the storm didn't hit the areas closest to Sweden that much. Road authorities also write that they hope to open Rv 3, the main road between Oslo an Trondheim during the day.

Edited by Kjello

2 hours ago, Kjello said:

Well... Apparently there's a railway bridge that has partly collapsed roughly midway between Oslo and Trondheim. I strongly doubt they'll be able to fix that till Saturday. 

I appreciate the update from our local correspondent. Thanks Kjello. I am awaiting connection to Trondheim in Oslo airport.

Passport control asked the usual questions. I mentioned I was going on to Trondheim and she hoped I was flying. I mentioned my train back and she recommended flying. She thought train were not running.

I will ask at station about Sat train when in Trondheim but not looking great, but not yet officially cancelled online. I did book a cancellable flight (£35 extra) as was hopefull on train. So guess I will prob use that.

Good luck fellow travellers!

🇱🇻🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, mack515151 said:

I appreciate the update from our local correspondent. Thanks Kjello. I am awaiting connection to Trondheim in Oslo airport.

Passport control asked the usual questions. I mentioned I was going on to Trondheim and she hoped I was flying. I mentioned my train back and she recommended flying. She thought train were not running.

I will ask at station about Sat train when in Trondheim but not looking great, but not yet officially cancelled online. I did book a cancellable flight (£35 extra) as was hopefull on train. So guess I will prob use that.

Good luck fellow travellers!

🇱🇻🇱🇻

Good luck Mack.PHM.

4 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

He just went to the train station and asked. He got taken to Lillehammer and then the next bus was delayed for a couple of hours, presumably while they decided if they could go ahead/what route to take. Eventually got there. I think his total journey time took about 13 hours so if things are as bad today it's probably too late, but figured people may as well ask direct at the station if they're about to give up and come home anyway. 

4 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

@dannymack

Not sure current status of this route - any help for your mates ?

4 hours ago, Kjello said:

It's still open according to the road authorities road map. It's also unlikely to be closed, as the storm didn't hit the areas closest to Sweden that much. Road authorities also write that they hope to open Rv 3, the main road between Oslo an Trondheim during the day.

They're staying in Oslo with a few of them home already with the expensive flight around Midday. Thought better not to travel Northbound. 👎🍺

Edited by dannymack

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

5 hours ago, brux said:

4 hours ago, brux said:

PHM

Let's hear it for the Proper Hearts Man on the Bus!!!!

:yas::yas::yas:

ENJOY THE MATCH MATE! WHAT A WARRIOR!!!!

Very jealous of everyone over there. I had planned to do the sleeper train last night, quite glad I took the decision not to go now seeing what has happened. 

7 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Should get extra loyalty points for that! Plane, train bus and car indeed!! :D PHM

4 minutes ago, Papa said:

Is anyone got live stream yet or just a holding page like me - see photo?

C553010B-08A5-4C9E-AC38-CD6324856F6B.jpeg

Hearts badge on screen for me. 

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

When does the live stream start? Nothing on mine just now. 

Post 7 minutes before yours on this very page with the answer.