All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

His (non) reaction to Wee Lee’s provocation was class 😎

Knew it deserved retribution but checked himself and shrugged it off. That was genuinely impressive. 

imagine Lennon in the same situation

:lenny:

After having punched Naismith in the back, Lennon would have immediately clutched his own face and fallen to the ground.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

Scott Leitch

The daft yank who has never set foot in the ground. What's his opinion on this? 

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Who?

57 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Got a feeling we could lose Shankland. He's been too good this season. Overall play has been immense.

Just wait for the “Scottish” meeja the week before we first play Ranjurs next season.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Mon eh

Buster HMFC
1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Just wait for the “Scottish” meeja the week before we first play Ranjurs next season.

Guaranteed if he's still here. 500k bid just to turn his head

12 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

He has actually.

ScandinavianJambo

What I like, and I might be totally wrong -and taken in by Naismith talking the talk and not yet walking the walk- is a winning mentality that really is contagious. He wants to win and will not stop at anything to get there. Winding up folks like wee Lee and Morales is just part of what he does. Is that immature or immersed in the game, only time will tell. 

On the field he needs not just electric forwards (which we might just have), but a really solid midfield and a back line that can deal with simple balls that are lobbed over, towards our goal, with us sitting really high up with a backline that is scrambling... 

Neilson did it (in spurts, but then seemed to give up) and now Naismith's doing it. Our personnel is not currently right, but perhaps this summer signings will allow us some stability and muscle. However, if not, we will always beat the Leithers and all will be ok....just as it always has been. Edinburgh is and will always be maroon 💪👍

Scott Leitch
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Nut….you’ve lost me.

Sure you'll work it out 

Scott Leitch
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He has actually.

Really 😂 

Fair enough. Apologies. He's still an utter slaver and knows **** all though. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Really 😂 

Fair enough. Apologies. He's still an utter slaver and knows **** all though. 

:lol: maybe but he's been to Tynie. 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

It would be a very lazy appointment IMO.

Name a realistic  affordable alternative? 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Imagine if this place had been when we appointed Alex Macdonald and Sandy Jardine as joint player managers 🤷‍♂️😂

or when we appointed JJ from “Falkirk” I can imagine it now..

”the whole world out there and the best we could do is a guy from Falkirk” 😡😡😡

😂

Spot on....too many folk on here thinking we can attract a tribute manager 'pep' act ffs 🙄 

Agentjambo
11 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Name a realistic  affordable alternative? 

You

With the right support and budget I can't see a better alternative. Certainly not some of the names being banded about. Kennedy no thanks, Wilder seems a bit of an arse. Naismith knows the club, clearly has the ambition to put a marker on how he wants to play.

Hectormasson
43 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Guaranteed if he's still here. 500k bid just to turn his head

naisy might just be the man for a couple year at least, think he knows how  to upset the b.......s, thatl do for me. fth & the weegies big time...🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Buster HMFC
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

naisy might just be the man for a couple year at least, think he knows how  to upset the b.......s, thatl do for me. fth & the weegies big time...🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

I'll not be disappointed if he gets it. I just think we should be keeping our options open to see who's interested or available. 

Agentjambo
6 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Go on then....who would you suggest?

Marek Papszun

Marti Cifuentes 

Antoine Kombouaré

Buster HMFC
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Marek Papszun

Marti Cifuentes 

Antoine Kombouaré

Never heard of any of them m8. What clubs they with ?

Byyy The Light
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Marek Papszun

Marti Cifuentes 

Antoine Kombouaré

All massive risks 

11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Marek Papszun

Marti Cifuentes 

Antoine Kombouaré

I'd prefer someone who gets it. Naisy gets it. 

cosanostra

Need to wait and see who's available and willing to work for what we can afford. If it's going to be some English no mark loser who's bounced around the lower English leagues with no success or achievements (Lee Johnson) I'd rather have Naismith.

If it's going to be someone with a history of success and developing then that should be our first option.

cosanostra
17 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Antoine Kombouaré

Same donkey who played for Aberdeen?

Polonia Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Marek Papszun

Marti Cifuentes 

Antoine Kombouaré

I'd give it to Papszun in a heartbeat. It's a fantastic suggestion. A manager on the way up. 

Ministryofdad
9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It will be an exciting season; you in?

Not my manager. 

17 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I'd give it to Papszun in a heartbeat. It's a fantastic suggestion. A manager on the way up. 

Would certainly take that, guys a winner and has actually proved that, he looks a bit like Klopp as well.

21 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Can he speak English? 

Polonia Gorgie
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would certainly take that, guys a winner and has actually proved that, he looks a bit like Klopp as well.

The Job he is doing with Rakow Czestochowa is Clough esc 

The next derby should be a screamer if Naisy and Titch are the managers....

onwards and upwards

Not sure if mentioned before but what about big Dunc in? I think him and Naisy would be a great partnership.

Just a thought. HHGH.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Is that it?  Everyone starts somewhere, so let's appoint the man who got us 9 points from a possible 21 and 1 point from 6 against Hibs?

That's a red-top response, surprised, tbh

3 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Voted yes but would ideally still like him to work with somone with more experience. 

That said I won't be unhappy if he is appointed. 

If we are doing so, do it on Monday and let's get looking to sign players right away

Yes, sooner the better

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I'm aboard if we make the correct signings. 

Naisy has shown enough imo to do the job, we're pulling results out of the hat under him which is a very very good sign under any manager. 

We need astute signings though for one Effing time under this regime. 

Target the correct markets please. 

Teams like aberdeen, motherwell and St mirren make astute signings like duk and ven veen etc... 

Enough is enough with this gash from England and Australia.

I'm not making specific reference here to any particular player-they're good enough for spfl...nowehere near the level needed for us to compete in Europe & it shows. 

Onwards and upwards. Naisy has the necessary fight. We now need it from the board. 

Arthur Morgan
7 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

We need astute signings though for one Effing time under this regime. 

The thing is, Neilson had the final say on who we brought in. There could have been genuine gems in there and he's possibly turned them down. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Spot on....too many folk on here thinking we can attract a tribute manager 'pep' act ffs 🙄 

2 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

The decision will have been made either way. There will have been a HMFC board meeting after the match. They won’t leave Naismith hanging on for a decision. When he first came to the club I always thought he would be a potential manager. I hope he gets the job. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Ministryofdad said:

Not my manager. 

7ndl2h.jpg

A big plus for me is his ability to fall out with people. In a few short weeks he’s managed to piss off Barry Robson, Alfredo Morelos and wee Lee, as well as getting booked for kicking the ball back on the pitch. 

Some others might see that type of behaviour differently but I think it’s fantastic. Winding people up to the point they get angry with you damages only them. Calmly walking away from that rammy yesterday had me in stitches. 

5 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

Got a feeling we could lose Shankland. He's been too good this season. Overall play has been immense.

I'm hearing more and more from Rangers fans they're about to bid for him. Whether we accept it or not. I'd be hoping for close to 2m, but knowing that mob, 1.5m with an opening 750,000 cheap shot.

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A big plus for me is his ability to fall out with people. In a few short weeks he’s managed to piss off Barry Robson, Alfredo Morelos and wee Lee, as well as getting booked for kicking the ball back on the pitch. 

Some others might see that type of behaviour differently but I think it’s fantastic. Winding people up to the point they get angry with you damages only them. Calmly walking away from that rammy yesterday had me in stitches. 

There the flip side. Referees, piss them off we're getting zilch.

2 hours ago, onwards and upwards said:

Not sure if mentioned before but what about big Dunc in? I think him and Naisy would be a great partnership.

Just a thought. HHGH.

If Naisy was staying as a number 2 I'd prefer an experienced manager.

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

There the flip side. Referees, piss them off we're getting zilch.

We get **** all from them anyway 

6 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Yes,we haven’t massively improved.

We are passing forward more and he speaks well in front of the media,two things Neilson couldn’t.Hardly enough to think he’s going to take us forward,the results suggest that.

Who would you want?

I’m all for taking on Naismith in the role. He’s been a breath of fresh air. The team yesterday worked their socks off in the face of real adversity. That just would not have happened under Neilson. It feels like the Alex MacDonald moment. We either go for this or we have to pay big money to find someone, probably from abroad to take on the job. What I don’t want to see is a tired journeyman from south of the border or one of the cartel Scottish managers who have huffed and puffed elsewhere given the job. Naismith I reckon has the mental toughness and the knowledge of the game to be a big success.He’s young and ambitious and dare I say it - he seems to get the club and what we are about.

• davemclaren locked this topic