***Official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

grumpyespana
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

3pts for us at ibrox and draw at Pittodrie tonight ! You heard it here first

Would love that to happen but it would not surprise me if Aberdeen get a scrappy win tonight guys.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

KyleLafferty

I’m not optimistic but I’m highly anticipating the match tonight. Usually we go there with nothing to play for, or it’s during the season when former managers thinks sitting in and hoping for a point is great.

We HAVE to win tonight. Naisy has to set us up to try and score goals. They are unbeaten at home all year, so need to take a chances. But this is a game we need to just try and play in their half and attack.

The White Cockade

Just can't see it myself

all the pressure on us and abysmal away form

3-0 Rangers (especially if Ginnelly out)

2-0 Aberdeen (they know a win basically clinches third place)

need to beat Hibs on Saturday to get fourth

Obviously hoping for the best though but our defence is so bad that

we will leak goals

8 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Just can't see it myself

we will leak goals

If both hibs and st mirran get beat tonight fourth will be confirmed

10 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Just can't see it myself

we will leak goals

Agree with most of what you just said but unless hibs beat Celtic tonight then Saturday result won’t matter regards league finish for us although could be a huge game for hibs as they might need something incase St Mirren overtake them 

46 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Any spares for tonight?

Mate; it's an away match in Glasgow, so 16 (including 5 subs) ... if you buy into the prevailing narrative vis-a-vis our away performances. 😉

Ps ... rather you than me, but I hope you get one and ❤️❤️G❤️ regardless.

gorgierulesapply88
50 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Mate; it's an away match in Glasgow, so 16 (including 5 subs) ... if you buy into the prevailing narrative vis-a-vis our away performances. 😉

Ps ... rather you than me, but I hope you get one and ❤️❤️G❤️ regardless.

I'm working nightshift, i've got loads of mates looking for a ticket!

stirlingshirejambo
19 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Where is best to park at Ibrox?

Car park right across from broomloan road. Sometimes a nightmare to get out of but safe and it’s away fans only

22 minutes ago, SectionN said:

In front of my tv with several bottles of lager. No chance will you get me there but hats off to all who go tonight!! 

ScandinavianJambo

This is Naismith's big chance. If we take something away from this game he will have done better then many Hearts managers before him. 

I'm intrigued to see how he sets us up. Here is for hoping!

The White Cockade

Does anyone think we will go with the positive attacking game we have

been trying to play recently

or go for a more defensive approach and hit on the break?

I think that will be down to the confidence and morale of the players as much

as Naisy's tactics

Don't think we'll completely get rid of the effects of the crappy run of results/performances until next season

but would be great to end the season on a high and get us all buzzing for next season rather than just

be thinking Christ i'm glad that's all over

2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

as Naisy's tactics

Don't think we'll completely get rid of the effects of the crappy run of results/performances until next season

but would be great to end the season on a high and get us all buzzing for next season rather than just

I don't know what to expect tonight. On the one hand we need to go out and win because a draw might well see third place gone but on the other hand if we go gung ho we could get slaughtered. I guess we will try and press quite high up and force mistakes but that's easier said than done.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Blobby Neilson suggests the 18 yard box

The Treasurer

I know the right approach is to concentrate on our own game  but I can't help thinking that events further north could dictate how we go about things.

Obviously if the sheep are winning we've no choice but to have a go, but if they are drawing or, even better, losing, then we might adopt a more cautious approach

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don't know what to expect tonight. On the one hand we need to go out and win because a draw might well see third place gone but on the other hand if we go gung ho we could get slaughtered. I guess we will try and press quite high up and force mistakes but that's easier said than done.

hopefully the same tactics / approach that Naismith has done to date.....just depends on the day / night. Suspect Naismith did this v St Mirren and for whatever reason it didn't work....the mysterious of sport and human beings being involved....

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

In front of my tv with several bottles of lager. No chance will you get me there but hats off to all who go tonight!! 

Always spaces to get in? And how much is it?

2 hours ago, SectionN said:

Edinburgh! I remember being their midweek game and usual kids a pound to look after your car mister. Lad in a van said he had an alsation in back of van, kids response was "can it put out fire's!

PapaShango

I'm looking forward to seeing how we go tonight. Naismith has said that he wants to play to win regardless of who we play so we will get a good indication of how that plays out tonight. It's a big game for him, the board have made noises about how weak we have been against Rangers recently and it not being good enough. I've watched teams with less ability than Hearts go there and cause them problems so we surely can muster something better than we have all watched through there in recent times. However, lets not get away from the fact they have better players and even if we play well it won't guarantee a win. I just want to see us do something that gets me off my seat for a change and be proud of the team. 

skinnybob72

Played really well against an Aberdeen side on a very good run - created a huge number of chances. 

It will be very disappointing to go to Ibrox and put in the usual rabbit in the headlights / shit our pants performance that we do so often. 

Not looking for a suicidal / gung ho approach but we need to show intent. 

No Idle Talk
4 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m not optimistic but I’m highly anticipating the match tonight. Usually we go there with nothing to play for, or it’s during the season when former managers thinks sitting in and hoping for a point is great.

We HAVE to win tonight. Naisy has to set us up to try and score goals. They are unbeaten at home all year, so need to take a chances. But this is a game we need to just try and play in their half and attack.

I understand the sentiment but I really don't agree with this. If we try to play the game in their half we will get exposed defensively. There's more than one way to win a match. 

We need to be compact and well organised and then try to use Gino's pace to get in behind them and cause them problems that way. John Souttar is a good player but he isn't rapid. Gino can definitely cause him problems with his pace. 

I couldn't even tell you the last time I saw a domestic side other than Celtic go to Ibrox and win by attacking Rangers. The reason being it is almost impossible to pull off. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

LochcarronJambo
26 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Edinburgh! I remember being their midweek game and usual kids a pound to look after your car mister. Lad in a van said he had an alsation in back of van, kids response was "can it put out fire's!

I think Ibrox now has free car parking ( limited (& coach parking by the Broomloan Rd stand for away fans

LochcarronJambo
Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

I think Ibrox now has free car parking ( limited (& coach parking by the Broomloan Rd stand for away fans

Think I read that on the Hearts website re travel

Pumped silly every time we go thru there, having said that they have nothing to play for we have everything to play for. That's a leveller. 

Absolute Scenes

i cant remember we needed to go to Ibrox and require at least a point

Something in me tells me that tonight is the night

But i'll probably be logging off after the 2nd goes past our defence after 15 minutes 😆

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i cant remember we needed to go to Ibrox and require at least a point

Something in me tells me that tonight is the night

But i'll probably be logging off after the 2nd goes past our defence after 15 minutes 😆

Yeah it happens to often mate , sit down few beers at the ready a victory dancing in your head then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh no not again.

Hopefully not again tonight tho 🤞

5 hours ago, Mac80 said:

If both hibs and st mirran get beat tonight fourth will be confirmed

As will third in all probability. 

3 hours ago, SectionN said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...…...ect,ect

Gundermann
3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

as Naisy's tactics

Hibs had some good chances when hitting on the break. Their crap defence and goalie let them down. Our goalie is better, at least as is our attack. There is hope.

Diadora Van Basten

Before the Celtic game Naismith said we will have a plan for when they have the ball, a plan for when we have the ball but will basically go for it.

I fully expect the same tactics tonight.

8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Before the Celtic game Naismith said we will have a plan for when they have the ball, a plan for when we have the ball but will basically go for it.

I fully expect the same tactics tonight.

As long as the ref and VAR don’t have the same tactics mate🥴

Rick Sanchez

I feel like we'll play well at times but ultimately lose. 

I'll be keeping half an eye on the game at Pittodrie. It gives me slight hope that St Mirren have got 5th to play for with a win and might end up nicking a draw.

pettigrewsstylist

Expecting nowt, performance would offer hope. 

Dont expect to be offered 3rd twice in fortnight but there is a chance. 

I think we go with Hill and Oda and see what tranpires up north. Atty on later if we need to go kamikaze and in the game.

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I feel like we'll play well at times but ultimately lose. 

I'll be keeping half an eye on the game at Pittodrie. It gives me slight hope that St Mirren have got 5th to play for with a win and might end up nicking a draw.

They have Sevco at home Sat. Their season not over yet with 5th available. They will be hoping hibs dont manage another point. Thats means they also want us with 3rd to play for in the derby.

Duk and Main will be key, are they playing?

Not very optimistic about tonight. It would be a thriller for an end to the season if it went to the last game. 

Y'know since our refs like to put their fingers on the scales. 

Go for it 1308
31 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cant get motivated for this tonight, 🤥.

That's the spirit 🙂

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cant get motivated for this tonight, 🤥.

Unless you're playing it wint matter...too much.

If you're playing- finger oot and get a grip!

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

McKay needs to step up tonight. He usually goes awol in these games 

The whole team has generally gone awol in these games, they all need to step up.

Mckay won't reverse 3/4-0 etc  defeats on his own.

He's not that good.

I’m thinking that the draw doing very little for us is a positive. Need to go for it right from the off. 180 mins left of the season and draws aren’t good enough. 

Dallas Green
6 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Just can't see it myself

we will leak goals

If Aberdeen and Celtin win tonight then 4th is sealed for us. Derby will just be about pride and the usual pumping we give that lot.

Can't deny the fear of us losing goals, especially balls to the back post 😑

Oda and Shankland up front, and just ****ing go for it.

Rangers have nothing to play for, we have everything to play for.  This is the time for the players who want to play a part next season to show what they're made of.  Extra effort, chase them down, get in their faces, and try and play in their half instead of our own.

3 points here would really put the shiters up Aberdeen, even if they win tonight.

40 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Hibs had some good chances when hitting on the break. Their crap defence and goalie let them down. Our goalie is better, at least as is our attack. There is hope.

If The Rangers field the same 'keeper as per v H1b5 at Fester then we're in with a great chance. That young lad flapped at several H1b5 weak headers that were off target.

The Rangers benefitted from what looked to me like a 'keeper error following an undeserved free kick (almost a carbon copy of St M v us at Paisley ... well, sort of), a Fish is pish bit of defending, and a calamity that never seems to come our way lately.

3 unimpressive goals.

Aye, despite Hib5 looking woeful live, with Youan causing much consternation amongst the home support by dribbling himself into oblivion almost every time, plus Nisbet being anonymous and McKirdy doing a very poor impersonation of Barrie McKay, they did create chances and looked better on the highlights.

Our speedy players could give the 'Gers defence and their 'keeper nightmares.

Fingers crossed that Gino didn't crock himself.