***Official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That’s true and a fair point.

Best way to avoid will be to attack then I guess.

I wouldn’t want to be in Naismith’s shoes. It’s one of only two games you’d least want to be a must win. Being brave means taking risks. Tricky balance. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

The Treasurer

If Kingsley is still unavailable I could see us trying a back three, Sibbick Hill and Rowles. 

Bold move but our defence is shaky as hell and we will be without a natural LB 

The Old Tolbooth

We've got nothing to lose by going there and having a proper go at them, show no fear, and let's hope St Mirren get any type of result against the sheep because they really do have a great chance of pinching the last Euro spot from Hibs. 

Gundermann
18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

You only went and made me think about this 'un.

Well worth watching it all, but methinks 'Agent Žaliūkas' at 2:20 on this clip did us a wee bit of a favour?

Rangers v Hearts ... Osman Sow ... Agent Žaliūkas at 2:20 ...

Was thinking about that. Sure, it was in the second tier but the 'financial gulf' must still have been evident then. Despite that, we played with no fear and beat them.

Hibs had a few chances yesterday and spells of pressure - surely we can do likewise and with the likes of Shankland and Geno up front, instead of Haaland McKirdy, a goal or not is not beyond imagination.

8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Naismith being manager here is huge advantage in this game. Let’s see. 

when did we last win there?

LochcarronJambo

Sadly, Call me what you want, but I dont see us winning at Ibrox….my hope is that St Mirren can get a result against Aberdeen 

Really not sure how we should approach this. Part of me thinks Hill, Forrest, Kio and Kingsley/Halliday in for Atkinson, McKay, Haring and Cochrane. Going to Glasgow presents different challenges. All those dropping out did very well on Saturday but Hill gives us more steel than Atkinson, I’m not sure this is the game for Barrie - not from the start anyway - and, given Pete’s importance at the moment, I wonder if we save him for Saturday in the main.

Have to go to win this one which changes the dimension of the game a bit in comparison to how we might view a trip to Glasgow usually. It’s unlikely that a point will do a whole load for us. Probably only means anything if Aberdeen lose to St Mirren. A draw would then be good enough for us against Hibs if Aberdeen lose to Celtic. 

Anyway, 6 points from 6 and we’ll probably be third. 

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Really not sure how we should approach this. Part of me thinks Hill, Forrest, Kio and Kingsley/Halliday in for Atkinson, McKay, Haring and Cochrane. Going to Glasgow presents different challenges. All those dropping out did very well on Saturday but Hill gives us more steel than Atkinson, I’m not sure this is the game for Barrie - not from the start anyway - and, given Pete’s importance at the moment, I wonder if we save him for Saturday in the main.

Have to go to win this one which changes the dimension of the game a bit in comparison to how we might view a trip to Glasgow usually. It’s unlikely that a point will do a whole load for us. Probably only means anything if Aberdeen lose to St Mirren. A draw would then be good enough for us against Hibs if Aberdeen lose to Celtic. 

Which part of you exactly thought that. It certainly wisn'y yer heid.

billybalfour

Does anybody know if 1874 bar is open for this and is it ticketed.I haven't seen anything on the website.

13 minutes ago, RDSK said:

We should play our best and in form players. Cochrane is suspended anyway but the thought of Halliday gives me the fear. Assuming Kingsley is unavailable I’d rather play smith on the wrong side. Kio looks like he’s picking his game up a wee bit but he’d only play if we were playing three centre mid in a 4-5-1 which might be an idea if we were looking for a point but we are not. Forrest should be on the bench and so should Hill. 

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

🤣 

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

😂😂 aye probably.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We should play our best and in form players. Cochrane is suspended anyway but the thought of Halliday gives me the fear. Assuming Kingsley is unavailable I’d rather play smith on the wrong side. Kio looks like he’s picking his game up a wee bit but he’d only play if we were playing three centre mid in a 4-5-1 which might be an idea if we were looking for a point but we are not. Forrest should be on the bench and so should Hill. 

I hope I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure I know what we’ll get from Barrie on Wednesday and I’d rather we used him if the game opens up or kept him fresh for Saturday which will be a game more suited to him. 

Souttar will play and we know only too well how good his range of passing is. Nat was good on Saturday but I’m sure they’ll target him in the air. Again I’d put him back in for Hibs but Hill’s height and strength might leave us better placed in this one. 

Absolutely no point in saving anyone for the Hibs game if we don’t better or match Aberdeens result on Wednesday 

The Hibs game will take care of itself,  if Aberdeen beat St Mirren and we fail to beat Rangers it’s all over with regards to third place, anything below third is a failure this season 

Edited by jbee647

6 minutes ago, RDSK said:

😂😂 aye probably.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure I know what we’ll get from Barrie on Wednesday and I’d rather we used him if the game opens up or kept him fresh for Saturday which will be a game more suited to him. 

Souttar will play and we know only too well how good his range of passing is. Nat was good on Saturday but I’m sure they’ll target him in the air. Again I’d put him back in for Hibs but Hill’s height and strength might leave us better placed in this one. 

There’s not really an alternative to Barrie or I might agree with you. If ever we needed a moment of magic it’s Wednesday. The Hibs game could see us having already blown our chance of £5 million European money. Forget Aberdeen v St Mirren, the Rangers game is a must win to take it to the last game. 

Bongo 1874

We approach this the same we do every other game,if we lose we go down fighting.

But we set out too win!!!!.

pettigrewsstylist

If we can score twice then might manage a point.

Oda to win a penalty!

Thinks Shanks is 2 from Donald Fords 29.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

Lets hope Devlin can avoid pointless yellow card.

pettigrewsstylist
53 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Absolutely no point in saving anyone for the Hibs game if we don’t better or match Aberdeens result on Wednesday 

The Hibs game will take care of itself,  if Aberdeen beat St Mirren and we fail to beat Rangers it’s all over with regards to third place, anything below third is a failure this season 

The gap is 2 points. It wont be over unless Aberdeen win.

Our defence ain’t good enough to take anything unfortunately. Need Midden to take a point or three on Wednesday and then Saturday takes care of itself.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

If Kingsley is still unavailable I could see us trying a back three, Sibbick Hill and Rowles. 

Kingsley was training today.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Duplicate post

Edited by DB-14

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I do wonder about us getting a penalty in this game. They have to concede one before the end of the season (particularly as it doesn’t mean anything now).

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I do wonder about us getting a penalty in this game. They have to concede one before the end of the season (particularly as it doesn’t mean anything now).

By Souttar 😉👍

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Kuol running round in circles till someone catches him 😉

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, DB-14 said:

Kingsley was training today.

Good to hear, both from a team point of view and hopefully means his personal problems have been dealt with 

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Now is the perfect time to show how these things even out over a season. 3 pls. 😂 

Rocky jamboa

I'd stick with the same starting line up from Saturday. Obviously play a bit more cautiously and close them down quickly in our half. Keep it tight the first hour or so then have more of a go later in the game if we're still in it.

Maybe a good time to play rangers with them having nothing to play for and a few players leaving at the end of the season. Bar the first hour or so at St mirren, we've played some brilliant stuff the last 4 games and created loads of chances. 

By The Light..

Defence was a problem on Saturday.

Sibbick & Rowles with Devlin & Haring in front of them we'll struggle.

We can take the game to them but mistakes will cost us.

Nil Nil or nick a set piece goal please.

3 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

Defence was a problem on Saturday.

Sibbick & Rowles with Devlin & Haring in front of them we'll struggle.

We can take the game to them but mistakes will cost us.

Nil Nil or nick a set piece goal please.

Whilst I agree with this, what is the alternative? Not really blessed with options at this stage until Halkett fully fit. We will need to make do with the above for the next 2 games.

Aberdeen DRAW

Hearts DRAW

Livvy DRAW

Dundee Utd WIN

Ross County WIN

308/1 (Skybet)

Fiver returns £1500

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

:av-1001:

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Aberdeen DRAW

Hearts DRAW

Livvy DRAW

Dundee Utd WIN

Ross County WIN

308/1 (Skybet)

Fiver returns £1500

A fiver will return £0.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I'd stick with the same starting line up from Saturday. Obviously play a bit more cautiously and close them down quickly in our half. Keep it tight the first hour or so then have more of a go later in the game if we're still in it.

Maybe a good time to play rangers with them having nothing to play for and a few players leaving at the end of the season. Bar the first hour or so at St mirren, we've played some brilliant stuff the last 4 games and created loads of chances. 

Cochrane is suspended.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Kuol running round in circles till someone catches him 😉

Wouldn't take long. 

ford donald
16 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Naismith being manager here is huge advantage in this game. Let’s see. 

when did we last win there?

When did we try and win there? performances have been pathetic,I am sure SN will get a decent performance from the players,hopefully we will get a result.

16 hours ago, jbee647 said:

We don’t need to match or better Aberdeens result on Wednesday. If they draw we can probably afford to get beat and still be slight favourites for 3rd. If they win, we must also win.

IMO only an Aberdeen win tomorrow stops us getting 3rd and that’s a whole load of pressure on THEM

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We don’t need to match or better Aberdeens result on Wednesday. If they draw we can probably afford to get beat and still be slight favourites for 3rd. If they win, we must also win.

IMO only an Aberdeen win tomorrow stops us getting 3rd and that’s a whole load of pressure on THEM

Duk missing from the sheep line up will hurt them.

They were pretty toothless against us without him.

On the other hand, Curtis Main is on a bit of a run of form.

If you haven't already, you should watch racellic/st. midden highlights. Outstanding display from him. Could easily have had 5 and had their defenders.... well...... terrorised. ( Taxi ! )

I fully expect st midden to take at least a point on Wednesday if Main can replicate that performance.

HeartOfMidlothian93

Is the game sold out? Tried looking online for tickets but can't see any, but also not seen any news from Hearts that it is sold out?

11 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

If you haven't already, you should watch racellic/st. midden highlights. Outstanding display from him. Could easily have had 5 and had their defenders.... well...... terrorised. ( Taxi ! )

I fully expect st midden to take at least a point on Wednesday if Main can replicate that performance.

I wouldn’t say I ‘expect’ them to take a point. This is Aberdeens biggest most important game this century given the prize for 3rd and that’s a huge incentive to go out one more time at home and get the job done.

Having said that, St Mirren and Main in particular were very good at Celtic Park, but bear in mind that Celtic team are on the beach, which would also be a concern for Saturday if it still

means anything to us 

jock _turd

The thing that pisses me off about this game is that Rangers will cut us no slack at all but I don't think that Celtic will give a toss against Hibs or the sheep. I am not saying they won't try but the league is won they are just going through the lotions at the moment... we were given the crappy end of the stick and got them when they still had something to win.

Edited by jock _turd

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

I thought Robson said their injured players, plus Shinnie, would all be back for Wednesday

Luckies1874
35 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I thought Robson said their injured players, plus Shinnie, would all be back for Wednesday

He did. They will risk everyone tomorrow no doubt about that. Suspect they will be far stronger than they were at Tynie.

Wonder if any of this lot will be involved tomorrow

40 minutes ago, Avrupa2022 said:

Is this a sell out ?? How many times has this been asked?? 😉

I've just emailed the ticket office - they've confirmed it sold out yesterday morning. Would be helpful if they let people know 🙄